PDA

View Full Version : Favorite DLP Souvenirs???

DocRafiki
07-01-2003, 03:28 AM
I'm planning on going crazy with the souvenir-shopping while at DLP. How would you rate the shops in comparison to WDW? What are some of your favorite souvenirs that you've brought home or wanted to?

DocRafiki
07-01-2003, 10:54 PM
No one? :(

Does anyone know if they have Guest of Honor badges there? And-- when at WDW, I like to wear my Mickey ears (the CMs are so much nicer to you and people tend to talk to you more). Would I just be an "obnoxious American" if I did this at DLP?

rob@rar.org.uk
07-02-2003, 01:08 AM
I'm not a big fan of souvenir shopping,so I'm probably not the best person to answer, but I don't think there is much difference between DLP shops and those in WDW. The only think we've bought recently is a set of frosted glasses with a Mickey outline discreetly etched into them (bought at Lily's Boutique on Main Street).

Don't think I've ever seeen GoH badges on sale in Paris.

As for Ears: some people wear them, but almost exclusively kids. I don't think it would makepeople to think "obnoxious American", and would more than likely just raise a smile from fellow guests as well as Cast Members.

Sorry not to be more help on the shopping side of things.

Regards

Rob

richard3330
07-02-2003, 02:54 AM
Hi Jen :wave: ,

I agree that the souvenir shopping is just as good, if not better than the shops at Walt Disney World. DW goes shopping mad on Disney Trips and especially on DS.

I think this is on sale at all of the Disney resorts, but I especially liked the book 'One day at Disney' which shows all of the Disney parks at different times of the day and night - exceptional photography and a great momentum. It wasn't cheap, but it really is a super book.

There are some beautiful Crystal shops and carts selling some stunning crystal pieces. On our last trip we bought a set of champagne glasses with Mickey ears on them. There are also some great Disney collectors books at the book store at the beginning of Main Street USA.

I like to wear my Mickey ears, Would I just be an "obnoxious American" if I did this at DLP?
Definitely not! , I have seen lots of adults wear Mickey Ears around Disneyland Paris along with kids. If you like wearing them - wear them!

Have a great trip.

Richard. :)

Jonas_Swe
07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Shopping at DLRP can be soo much fun! :jester:

They have lots of neat DLP-pins and I would really recommend the book "Disneyland Paris - From Sketch to Reality" :earsboy:

Wearing mouse ears doesn't seem to be that common at DLP... but it sure is fun! :teeth:

If you have'em, wear them! :earsboy:

It seems to me that the sorcerers hat with ears is more popular at DLRP???

I have worn both at my visits to the park!
And the CM's talked to us alot, and we even got into the priority seating area for the MSEP! :smooth: :teeth:

rob@rar.org.uk
07-02-2003, 08:19 AM
Another vote for the From Sketch to Reality book. It's a great record of the DLP design process, with some terrific photos of the park.

Regards

Rob

DocRafiki
07-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Thanks so much, guys! I am writing down those book titles so I can look for them. And watch out, DLP-- I coming with my ears on! (I hope they have some unique ones)

I am so excited!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: