PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea

Minniespal
07-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Hiya Guys -

It is a rainy day here in Scotland and my thoughts are in WDW. Yesterday I booked Afternoon Tea in the GF, so excited!!!

My question is to anyone who has done the Afternoon Tea. I am a great sandwich eater but am not a lover of egg sandwiches. Do you get a choice of the sandwiches that you can order or do you just get a selection of sandwiches with fillings?

Thanks in advance.

WebmasterPenny
07-01-2003, 04:18 AM
If you're having one of the packages, they just bring out a selection of them (it tells you what you'll get on the menu) - ask your server if you can have an extra of something else instead of the egg and they'll probably oblige :) They are just little finger sandwiches though so it's not a biggie if they don't/can't ;)

Alternatively you can just order things a la carte.

The GF is really very nice, you're gonna love it :)

Janice
07-01-2003, 05:15 AM
Hi Minniespal

We also had the Afternoon Tea a couple of years ago and it was delicious. As Penny says the sandwiches are finger sized and very dainty. I dont eat a lot of meat or fish and when the server came to take our order I mentioned this and they brought me a selection of non meat/fish sandwiches so I am sure they will be able to substitute the Egg ones for you. :)

I think this was one of the nicest things we did during our holiday that year - it was just me and my husband ;)

Here is a picture of my scrapbook page that I did about it so you can see what it looks like :)

http://www.boomerweb.net/users/janice/at1.JPG

Minniespal
07-01-2003, 05:16 AM
Penny -

Thanks for the info!!

Minniespal
07-01-2003, 05:31 AM
Janice -

Thanks for the info. Had a look at your photos, they are fab!!!

WDWfan,uk
07-01-2003, 11:22 AM
I love your scrapbook page Jan! You do scrapping - is that the right term? - so well!

Janice
07-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Aw thank you Shirley and Minniespal - that is nice of you to say :)

Yes Shirley - I am a Scrapper!! LOL :D :D :D

KayleeUK
07-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Florence :D We are doing this in October . looking forward to it!

Janice :D I loooovvvveeee that page, I want to see it bigger though - is it on UKScrappers??

Janice
07-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Yes Kaylee - I think it is :)

Fantasia Sam
07-02-2003, 03:07 AM
Flo

I love the Afternoon Tea and when I did it in December last year it was really cold and drizzly and it was great to be sitting in the GF drinking tea. I believe I had the Grand Tea with the champagne ;)

Minniespal
07-02-2003, 03:23 AM
Sam -

A woman after my own heart!! I fancy the Grand Tea myself.