PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else done the preview of Mission Space

Cratster
07-01-2003, 01:33 AM
i was just wondering if anyone else has had the oppotunity to do this. it was so awesome. we were just walking around epcot and around 5 or so they opened up the entrance until closing. it is probably one of the best rides at wdw.

krispykremewissa
07-01-2003, 04:50 PM
tell us what its like!!!

Cratster
07-01-2003, 11:42 PM
i am going to say what happens on the ride so if you don't want to know don't read this.

i thought that the ride was really awesome. when you first go into the preshow you form a line of 4 ppl. then you watch the preshow that tells you about your test mission to mars. you then find out that each of the people in your line each is assigned a certain spot on the crew. the four different postions are navigator, pilot, engineer, and another one that i can't remember. then you go through a door into the next room for the next preshow. there they explain each crew members job on the mission. then they make you stand there for about 5 minutes till you get to get in your pod. when you get in your pod you have a harness similar to those on rockin rollercoaster. then the control panel comes down almost directly to your face. they also tell you about 50 times that if you are scared of inclosed areas that you should not ride. then they go through a preflight check-list that seemed like it took forever. then they start the countdown and they tilt your pod back. then you you start to take off on your video screen. you are spinning so fast that if you try to move your arm it takes a really long time. then each person has an assigned job to do throughout the 4 minute journey. i don't want to say to much more so that you can be suprised the first time you go. but i think it is the best ride at epcot. i hope some of you who are going down this summer get to try it

krispykremewissa
07-01-2003, 11:50 PM
lol what is the predicted date for it to be officially opened? hopefully it'll be open by time im there. all that was done last time i was in WDW (in january) was the outside of the building.

i remember i went on the "preview" thing for test track and we got free pins...they are worth money now because they were only given to "employees".

Cratster
07-01-2003, 11:52 PM
i think they are suppose to have a "soft"opening starting august 1st. the official opening of the ride i believe is supposed to be october 1st. when are you going??

krispykremewissa
07-02-2003, 12:18 AM
We head off to the WL on october 10th! So it SHOULD be open by time im there.... Did it have a lot of bugs in it like test track did/does? lol

Cratster
07-02-2003, 12:23 AM
yeah you better say has. the last two times i have riden test track it has broken down. my family hates it just for that reason. i thought that for not really ever have been open very much it was very smooth. it is slow loading though so it takes a while to get on. but i think it is a lot better than test track

krispykremewissa
07-02-2003, 12:28 AM
Well im glad its better than test track, even though test track is cool. Is there a picture on the ride!?! Pictures are awesome.

(this is my 69th post ;) )

Cratster
07-02-2003, 12:59 AM
i don't think that there is unless they just weren't doing them during testing. but i don't think there is.

ListenToCKY
07-03-2003, 04:35 PM
This sucks. I was there at the end of May and I'm real sure they didn't open it once. :(

princessash2323
07-03-2003, 05:19 PM
ok u said it spinned really fast is it like those rides were you get in and just stand there then it spins real fastandand if u stand up side down u could stay there and not fall ( they have those at state fairs (well at least mine)) or is it some where around the genarl area?

Cratster
07-04-2003, 12:50 AM
well i am not sure but you are strapped in so you can't go anywhere. i think it is similiar though. but they tell you not to look to the side or you will get sick. if you didn't know that you were spinning ahead of time you wouldn't know that you were.