PDA

View Full Version : Member Services making PS arrangements

Disney1fan2002
06-30-2003, 03:29 PM
OK, I called this morning to get the lowdown on MS making PS arrangements for DVC members. Can anyone tell me the advantage to this? Is it because of the 800 phone number? I called to find out if they could get Cinderella's Royal Table (thinking they may have some "pull") I was told that is the ONLY character meal they DO NOT make PS for. I then asked if I could give them a list with dates on them ahead of timne, and they said no, I need to call at the same time I would call CR. So, I would be calling 120 days out, just like I would if I called myself.

I hung up shaking my head, thinking, "why would I bother going through MS when I can make the phone call directly to Disney dining" Then I thought, I have been spoiled with the Disney Club 800 number for a couple of years, I forget that other's may not have it. So is it MS' 800 number that makes this a nice perk? Do you use MS for PS, and if so, why? Maybe I am missing something. Wouldn't be the first time:eek: :jester:

DebbieB
06-30-2003, 03:57 PM
I would think the only advantage is the 800#. They also pull up your reservation record and add the ps to it, keeping them together.

SCCaguioa
06-30-2003, 11:03 PM
For me...it is because of the 800 number and the 'one-stop-and-shop' convenience (excluding CRT).

Also, when making PS for a party of 9, they transferred me to Group Dining, hence saving another phone charge.

I haven't try purchasing tickets or other services (i.e. boat rental or shuttle service) through them yet.