PDA

View Full Version : Best offsite resort , money not a concern

torismom
06-29-2003, 10:23 AM
Alright guys I need your recomendations. What hotel or resort in the area would you say is the most luxurious and nice but also has a nice pool for the kiddos. Money is not an issue. It will be for one night as a celebration. We are considering Animal Kingdom LOdge concignere and the peabody. This would be for one night in July. Looking forward to your suggestions.

Puffy2
06-29-2003, 12:08 PM
new Ritz Carlton on International, all three Loews hotels at Universal (blows disney's resorts out of the water, in my opinion)

DVC California
06-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Although we haven't stayed there, we've heard really good things about Gaylord Palms. They opened about a year or two ago and seem to cater to high end vacationers and business travelers.

Here a link to their website:
Gaylord Palms (http://www.gaylordpalms.com/)

BTW - If money is not an issue, why stay offsite? Disney is well regarded for making "special occasions" very magical. The AKL concierge, which is a Disney property, gets very high marks all around.

HTH, Steve :cool:

Robinrs
06-29-2003, 06:14 PM
The Portofino Bay Hotel is like dying and going to Heaven!

Maistre Gracey
06-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by torismom
Alright guys I need your recomendations. What hotel or resort in the area would you say is the most luxurious and nice but also has a nice pool for the kiddos. Money is not an issue. It will be for one night as a celebration. We are considering Animal Kingdom LOdge concignere and the peabody. This would be for one night in July. Looking forward to your suggestions. Hi, torismom. I'm not sure I understand. I admire your selection of Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge, but that is an ON-site resort. Anyway, if you go with that, you have made a wise choice to be remembered.

PS- Make sure and do the Sunrise Safari. It is exclusive to AKL concierge guests. :cool:

torismom
06-29-2003, 09:24 PM
AKL is our choice for on-site but want to consider an off-site as well. So I wanted recomendations from this board. I just didnt word my post correctly.We are not doing parks or anything just will be down on some personal business and want a really cool place for one night before we move on to our house and work to get it ready.

JessicaR
06-29-2003, 09:27 PM
For me it would be:

#1 Loews Portofino Bay
#2 The Villas of Grand Cypress
#3 Gaylord Palms

Since money is not an issue make sure its a suite at the first one!:bounce:

hercamore
06-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Ditto to Jessica's choice.

herc.

DisneyChick02
06-30-2003, 12:28 PM
If you want to be close to Disney, Hyatt Grand Cypress is wonderful, as is Gaylord Palms. If you want to be a bit a way from Disney, the Ritz is my choice hands down. You can't beat the luxury there.....

msteddom
07-02-2003, 12:27 AM
I've got to go with the Hyatt Grand Cypress as well. The pool is outstanding!