PDA

View Full Version : Update - digital photo fans

joyful1nh
06-28-2003, 09:40 PM
I just visited my local Wal-Mart and they are closing out a number of handy items for SB's. I bought, and am trying to decide if I should open and keep, a Sony photo printer for $128. Problem is I don't have a Sony camera & am a Mac user -- anyone out there used the Sony dye-sub printer with a Mac?

BTW - Wal-Mart also had Xyron refills (the little ones) for 1.50, button shank remover for $5, and all other sorts of goodies.

nicurn
06-28-2003, 09:51 PM
cool, may have to stop at the walmart tomorrow am. I'm always up for xryon refills. (and pretty much anything else that is on sale :D ) maggie

Spinning
06-28-2003, 10:27 PM
I was just there today and saw nothing! BUmmer!

JudithM
06-29-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by joyful1nh
I just visited my local Wal-Mart and they are closing out a number of handy items for SB's. I bought, and am trying to decide if I should open and keep, a Sony photo printer for $128. Problem is I don't have a Sony camera & am a Mac user -- anyone out there used the Sony dye-sub printer with a Mac?

In the March 2003 issue of Shutterbug magazine in the B&H Photo ad a SONY DPP-SV55 is listed. Is this the one you purchased? The ad indicates it uses a USB interface which later model Macs support. Also, the ad indicates that it is Windows and Mac compatible, so it should come with any software drivers you need. You might have to buy a USB cable.

BTW they list the price as $179.99, so looks like you got a good deal if it works for you :)!

crazyforpooh
06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
South Willow? or Bedford? I'd like to pick up some 150 x refills

Do you Scrapbook? We are neighbors.

joyful1nh
06-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Crazy for Pooh -- Bedford.

Judith M -- It's the DPP-EX5.

Any fellow Mac users:

Works a-ok with running OS 10.2 with the latest iphoto update. Prints as good of pics as Ofoto! And I found a $20 rebate coupon on line (woo hoo!) The rebate ends today, but if your local WM has this printer it seems to be a pretty good buy to me.

Refill packs cost $16 (for 25 4x6 prints). I understand you can buy on-line in larger quantities for less $. That works out to about $.64 per print excluding the cost of the printer. So for high volume printing I'll still use Ofoto -- but for that "must have this for this page NOW" photo this printer is great!

Windows fans: I have not tried the printer out yet with NT or XP. I eventually will though.

pattyT
06-30-2003, 10:16 PM
my walmart still had the 150's at 4.97
I could have used them
I went after reading your post!

PattyT