PDA

View Full Version : Pull Apart Pork Recipe!

kayeandjim00
06-28-2003, 06:30 PM
Hoping that someone has a good recipe for pull apart barbeque pork that will feed about 10! I have looked around on the internet and my many cookbooks but can find one that sounds good! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

bananiem
06-29-2003, 05:27 PM
Are you talking about a BBQ pork roast on buns? If so, this is how I do it:
Cook a pork roast all day in a crock pot until it just falls apart. Sometimes I add sliced onions, then they just cook down.
I heat up however much we need for a couple of nights' dinners in a skillet with some of the juice and our favorite BBQ sauce. (Right now we like Famous Dave's or John Hardy's, which is a local restaurant) I freeze the rest.
My SIL does a pork roast in the crockpot the same way except she adds a package of the dry Good Seasons Italian dressing mix to it. She serves it au jus.

travel with kids
06-30-2003, 04:42 PM
I make this all the time. My family loves it.

I too use the crock pot. I put my pork roast in the crock, salt and pepper both sides, pour a bottle of beer (any kind) over the roast (if you want an onion, I use slices, not diced - it just blends in better with the meat. Place the onion pieces in before the beer) and one bottle of any BBQ sauce, and a can of tomato paste. Put the lid on and let the crockpot do the rest. I usually wait 10 hours (on low). The pork should fall apart (caution -- it is very hot!)

Good luck and enjoy!!

kayeandjim00
06-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Thanks - those recipes sound great! Thank you so much for your help!

doxdogy
07-05-2003, 02:59 PM
Will have to try adding beer next time I make it. Sounds yummy.

Beth E. (NJ)
07-14-2003, 12:34 PM
I love pulled pork! I also make it in the crock pot. once I was making a brisket and I over cooked it. I turned it into pulled brisket instead.