PDA

View Full Version : Bar-B-Q Turkey Breast

FloridaCat
06-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Bar-B-Q Turkey Breast
Wash TB and pat dry.
Lay out several layers of foil large enough to wrap TB.
Lay TB on the foil and pour your favorite Bar-B-Q sauce covering generously the TB.
Wrap TB very tightly to prevent any leakage

Here is the important part, you need a drip pan. By this I mean a “cake” pan with a lid tray that has holes in it. You can get them at Old Time Pottery.

Fill the pan half full of water and place on the top shelve of your pre heated grill.
Cook for a couple of hours, depending on the size of the TB, making sure to keep water in the pan.

The Bar-B-Q sauce absorbs into the TB and it is moist and delicious and flavorful. It can be sliced and served on a cold party try.

My late Wife would have me out on the patio in the dead of winter fixing this for our Neighborhood Christmas Party. They were always asking her how she fixed it, but she would not share. You can fix it anytime.
To go with it we would take large Vandalia Onions, slice off both ends and clean. Then cut in half, frost with lots of soft butter and wrap in foil and put on the grill. These take forty to sixty minuets. We would have the onions a lot of time with out steak rather then a potato

GlennandAnn
06-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Wow, thanks, I've been wondering how to BBQ a turkey breast. This sounds delicious, I can't wait to try it!!

Ann

Beth E. (NJ)
07-13-2003, 01:14 PM
This does sound yummy and easy to do too. Have to hand this recipe off to DH.

FloridaCat
07-13-2003, 01:28 PM
The pan with the water is the secret. Can slice thick while hot for dinner or thin when it is cold for party tray.
Throw it on and forget it.