PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Southwest & Cancellation Insurance

Jo-Anne
06-27-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm certainly not an expert in cancellation insurance, but just wondering if I need it on our SW flights? I think I read that if for any reason I needed to cancel my flights, I can use the monies from up to 4 cancelled tickets to reapply to future SW travel. If this is the case, do I need cancellation insurance on my flights? Thanks, Jo

Lewisc
06-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Only if you think you need a cash refund as opposed to vouchers that will expires.

Originally posted by Jo-Anne
I'm certainly not an expert in cancellation insurance, but just wondering if I need it on our SW flights? I think I read that if for any reason I needed to cancel my flights, I can use the monies from up to 4 cancelled tickets to reapply to future SW travel. If this is the case, do I need cancellation insurance on my flights? Thanks, Jo

GAIL HAYDEN
06-28-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Jo-Anne

I am in agreement with Lewis on this one.

You are correct, but, with SWA, should you cancel, you have to use the funds within one year of the originial purchase. IE: You purchase tickets on April 9th for a trip in July. You, unfortunately, have to cancel the trip. You need to complete your next trip by April 9th the following year in order to use these funds.