PDA

View Full Version : Space Ride in Epcot...Is it open?

Princess Ash
06-26-2003, 09:07 PM
If so...is it ne good?

A ride ride, or educational stuff?

Good technology?

Something that will be replaced soon because its boring or good or...?????

StitchGirl88
06-27-2003, 08:41 AM
my mom was looking at a web site about another disney board and they said they was just down there and it was open but i let ou know when i come back unless you go b4 me

teh fish
06-27-2003, 04:27 PM
http://www.screamscape.com/html/walt_disney_world.html

Mission: SPACE - (6/27/03) Disney has started to send out Newsletters listing August 1-3 as the dates for Annual Passholders to take a sneak preview ride on it.
(6/26/03) If your in Orlando this week, then get yourself to Epcot by Friday. Rumor has it that they may be opening Mission: Space for public testing again each night starting around 4:15pm or so. I canít guarantee they will have it open however, and guest relations has been instructed not to say anything either, so the only way to get on is to take a chance and just show up. This may likely be the last time public tests are held. On a side note, Iíve heard another rumor that they may have lowered the G forces a little bit to see if they can cut down on rider motion sickness.

CruiserDew73
06-28-2003, 09:57 AM
It's not open until, i think, August 15th. But i got to ride it!! I rode when we were there on June 11th, i think, they let about 75 people in. It wasn't educational. It was kind of fun, but it was a let down considering all the Hype it got. It definately wont be replaced anytime soon.

texasgal
06-28-2003, 06:46 PM
From what I've heard, they're having a "soft" opening on August 15th, and then the grand opening sometime later. But in the mean time they're letting people get on it in the evenings. My parents have been looking at the other sites on the boards and reading posts that people that have ridden it have put about the ride.

EPCOTgrl1
06-29-2003, 09:12 PM
OK this is what the CM's told me...
Everyone in Innoventions HAS been trained for the ride already.
Soft Openings start on the 15 of augest
it opens oct. 1
there are testing right now.

dont tell me i am wrong i am talking to a CM right now.

EPCOTgrl1
06-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Sorry if i sounded rude yesterday night. It gets really annoying that everyone tells me that i am worng when i am on the phone with the cast members that wokr the ride or work in that park.

But they are doing soft opens now. I know that they are doing them today because the guy that i was talking to yesterday that is where he is working today. The offical day they start testing is Augest 15 and its offical opening is october 1. Also the people that are working at the end of the ride are some of the people at innoventions (the east side) and they have all been trained for at least 2 weeks some even more. That is all i have heard about this ride.

One of The CM's thinks that it may open sooner beacuse all the tourest are down there right now. I agree... it would be stupied of disney to not open it now!