PDA

View Full Version : to get or not to get??

poohdiddy
06-26-2003, 10:10 AM
OK, now thats it summer has begun and school is finnaly over. people are now getting jobs. Now what i am saying is ... Should i get a job. Ihave a small job and get maybe $6.00 an hour. but the downside is that its only on saturdays for like 6 hours. what should i do. And if i get a job where should i work?

P.S I refuse to work at a fast food place because yes i like to eat the food but actually seeing what is put in the food i don't think I could bare to find out. :confused: :confused:

Disney Daniel
06-26-2003, 10:54 AM
I would say if you get a job, it would have to depend on how much you wanted to work. For example if you wanted to work five days a week for eight hours a day you could do one thing, or if you wanted to work three or four days a week for five or six hours each time you could apply somewhere else.

I work in customer service for a company called The Bay. (It is a Canadian retail outlet similar to JC Penney's.) I normally work three or four times a week, and my shift is about five to six hours long. I would prefer that over mowing lawns or painting buildings 40 hours a week.

It is just a matter of preference.

Hope I helped you out a bit. :)

StitchGirl88
06-26-2003, 02:30 PM
you could always work for a grocery store either bagging or stocking!

DanceBabe16
06-26-2003, 03:16 PM
I work at a restaurant as a hostess and earn $6 an hour and I'm actually making some pretty good money. I work 4-5 times a week for 5-6 hours a shift, depending on whether it's the morning or evening shift. So far I've made around $650 and it's been a little more than 3 weeks.
Hostessing is a really easy job to do - you just have to be friendly and, when it gets busy, patient. You make a lot of new friends (including some really hot waiters!) and it's a great way to stay busy over the summer.
Just a suggestion...hope you find something! :)

MickeyMouse418
06-26-2003, 05:13 PM
i babysit a lot and i make a lot of money off of that. plus now that its summer ill be babysittin a lot more. and depending on the family, i make about 5-9 dollars an hour and thats not bad at all! plus playing games with the kids is a lot of fun!