PDA

View Full Version : 6x6 album???

bananiem
06-26-2003, 09:31 AM
I am making a brag book for my dh's aunt and uncle for their 1st grandchild. The album I bought is a 6x6. I don't know what I was thinking.:o I just really liked the color.
Since I want to make this easy for them I don't want them to have to cut down the pictures. Should I just do a 2 inch border at the top or the bottom?
I bought some embellishments that if I use them they'll have to cut down the pictures.
The aunt has done a little scrapping and makes her own cards. The uncle is an unbelievably talented photographer.
How would you do it?
ann

Spinning
06-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Is this the CM books? I had a tough time with that size...I basically went with their style of scrapping. Made it easier. Simple borders small triangles on the side etc....
I found for a brag book (well our book was a teacher book) It was best to stay with same style and colors.

bananiem
06-26-2003, 02:46 PM
It's actually a Perfect Fit by Making Memories. I bought a 12x12 page of baby stuff that I can cut out (it's like die cuts only they're embossed-like) and I bought plain cardstock in 3 pale colors that coordinate with the cut outs. I just hadn't kept the page size in mind. Argh! I've thought about it some more and I think it'll be okay. Just different than I had thought and what I'm used to.
Does anybody have any titles I should use? :D I have stuff for a bath page, and I think I'll do an "Introducing our first grandchild" page with a place for them to fill in name, date, weight, etc. Maybe I should leave the rest untitled??

HELP!!

Melrosgirl
06-28-2003, 09:08 AM
I love 6x6 albums! Take a piece of 12x12 paper, cut it in quarters and you have your pages! I'm a Close To My Heart consultant and we sell the 6x6 albums, so I use them a lot. It's a fun size!