PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Ears from Disney website

Tantor
06-26-2003, 07:53 AM
about a month ago someone posted the link to the disney website where you could make your own mickey ears and have them *stitched* on. I would love for someone to post it again so I could print one off for my Disney scrapbook.
Can anyone help??

kellyb2000
06-26-2003, 09:35 AM
I have the address saved on my home computer so if no one has answered before I go home this evening, I can get it to you then.

Tantor
06-26-2003, 02:10 PM
thanks Kelly:D

kellyb2000
06-26-2003, 06:50 PM
well, I have it but it's saved as an email that has a link within the message to get to it but I can't seem to get just a web address to the site. I can email it to you if you'd like? Just give me your email address. Or you can email me, either way. My address is bastian107@juno.com (evening) or kellyo@exch.hamiltontn.gov (day)

RRBB
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
I think this is the link you're looking for. http://images.bigfootinteractive.com/creative/2002/disney/apr/thankyou/flash2/disneymatic3000.php?src=D319&house=1%20GYU%202724%20&profile=424248564

Ratpack
06-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the site address. I had forgotten all about this. I will have to print out a couple for our scrapbook.

Tantor
06-27-2003, 02:40 PM
I bookmarked the page so I can't lose it!!

nicurn
10-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I know this is a really old thread, but did the site get discontinued? (the one in robin's link) maggie

Tantor
10-14-2004, 11:12 AM
oh well:rolleyes:

MamaCrush
10-14-2004, 01:25 PM
I just got it to work! How cute!

bskts4bj
10-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Worked for me too!

Brenda

ILOVEPOOH1
10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
It won't work for me:(

All I get is a mustard yellow screen that says "Hope you enjoyed your Disneymatic"

nanajoyx2
10-14-2004, 05:22 PM
It won't work if you have pop-up blocker. It works if you disable it temporarily.

ILOVEPOOH1
10-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Disabled my pop up blocker, but the link still won't work for me? Hmmm?:(

Tantor
10-15-2004, 08:40 AM
:(

jennz
10-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I just got it to work too, on my second try - I had to disable my pop-up blocker before I clicked on the link...hope that helps!

lovndisney
10-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the wonderful site.

I was able to get it to work, however my printer is on the
fritz.

I can print it from work, but that will be on Monday.
If you can tell me how big it is that would be great.

Thanks again,

jennz
10-16-2004, 12:07 PM
It prints out 3 pages - the first two are full size, page 1 is the front of the hat and page 2 is the back of the hat w/the name on it; page 3 is directions on how to put then pages together to wear.

I plan on scanning the first two in and then shrinking and printing that out for scrapbooking; I saw someone did that with the autograph book so I tried it and it turned out great!

Kerlynne
11-05-2004, 09:43 AM
so what is this? It's an actually hat, you can put together? I had problems with the site too. I had to hit refresh.
Actually I can still get the hat to work, but not the movie part. :(

piratesmate
11-05-2004, 03:49 PM
I haven't printed it out - I just did "print to file" but I can tell you about the movie...

I was never able to get it to finish the process while I was using dialup service. It's only be since I got DSL that I was able to complete it. But even then it took numerous attempts to do it. Evidently their server gets too busy to handle the load. Maybe it would work for you if you try very early in the morning or really late at night when usage goes down.

sweet maxine
11-05-2004, 04:41 PM
This is too cute!!

I'm thinking about printing it out on transfer paper for t-shirts and using it for our trip in December. I hope it works!

mtblujeans
11-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Please post and let us know how it goes, Sweet Maxine! :wave2:

Beanie
11-06-2004, 09:29 PM
I remember this when it was first posted and used it then...I still have the Mickey ears that say "Beanie" ! :p

I can't get it to work now and I even disabled my pop up blocker. I get the yellow screen as well!

sweet maxine
11-06-2004, 10:07 PM
I've got to go to Wal Mart to get the transfer paper, as I just found out we used all of ours. :(

I should have said I was going to put it on SWEATSHIRTS. I think it may be a little cool in December, so I better be prepared!

MickeyEars
11-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I followed Sweet Maxine's tip and put the "Mickey Ears" on a sweatshirt this afternoon and it turned out really cute!!! Unforunately, we won't be going to the "World" until June so I'll just wear it here at home and dream!!! Thanks for the website and the great ideas everyone. :wave2:

Carla

sweet maxine
11-08-2004, 09:41 AM
MickeyEars, did you put the name side on the front or back of the shirt? I'm thinking about putting the name side of the hat on the back of the shirt, and the other side on the front. I wish I was good with applique', because I think it would be cute made out of something cloth with the name embroidered on the hat, then appliqued to the shirt. I get these crazy ideas, but I don't always get them to work.

The Bargain Town store where I live has sweatshirts (Russell, Hanes, etc. brands) for $3 for kids, and $4 for adults, so I'm not out too much money if I make a mistake or mess up too much!

Oh my goodness! I just had a thought about how cute it might be to somehow make a Santa hat to fit over the ears since this will be a Christmas trip! I'm going to look into that and see how it works.

MickeyEars
11-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Sweet Maxine~

I put the name on the back. I wore it to work today and I had a very hard time convincing my co-workers that I made it myself!!! The Santa hat would be sooooooooo cute on it. Let us know how you do yours.

Carla

sweet maxine
11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Well, that's what I'm talking about with my crazy ideas! I have been brainstorming on this one for the last few days, and I still can't figure it out!

I bought the Santa hat at Wal Mart, and black material to wonder- under to the shirt, then a fabric slick pen to write the name. Now I'm just stuck on how to get it all to work. I can't get the Santa hat to fit just right over the ears without looking too overbearing. This may not work after all, but I really hope it will!

Mom2Ashli
11-10-2004, 04:09 PM
I can't get the link to work either. Just the mustard yellow screen.

Can someone try and post the link again.

paj28
11-11-2004, 04:12 PM
I love the transfer paper idea. But how does that work out with the name. When I print mine the name is right but if I flip this over to iron on then the name would be backwards wouldn't it?
PLMK thanks. I am goint in December and love the santa hat idea as well.

sweet maxine
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Well, that's why I haven't finished mine yet! LOL!!!!!

Really though, you have to set something up in the printer to reverse the image so that it will come out right when it is transferred onto the shirt. My son knows how to do this, but I don't, so it's slow going for me right now.

I also had this "crazy" idea to put the Mickey ears onto a tree skirt for everyone on the trip with us at Christmas. Wouldn't that be neat? The tree skirt would be covered with lots of Mickey ears, and everyone's name would be represented on their hats.

Now, if I could just figure that one out!

Mom2Ashli
11-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I still can't get the origianl link to work. Can someone please post a current one they used.