PDA

View Full Version : 8 1/2 x 11 scrapping

lrmillen
06-26-2003, 06:39 AM
i prefer to scrap with 12x12, but i finally decided to use the DCL SB for our cruise. unfortunately it is 8 1/2x11. Does anyone have any tips on creating one of these? I'm afraid that i'll have too much jammed on a page or have to print my pics really small. Maybe my SB will just have twice as many pages in it? I just want an idea of the differences i should expect before starting. thanks. :)

Spinning
06-26-2003, 06:51 AM
I started with that size and it is easy to over load a page!
I think I would do a very simple lay outs. Not a lot of extra stuff on each page. Let the pictures speak and of course journal!
Good luck!

gshoemate
06-26-2003, 10:32 PM
I do my scrapping on 8 1/2 x 11 and wish I did bigger. I do find that my pages end up with to much stuff. I would put less on the pages and just end up with a bigger scrapbook page wise.

Memaw2Wm
06-29-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm using an 8x11 for my Disney vacation ... I tend to scrap simply anyway, but for this album I am using CM "shortcuts" and putting 2-4 photos per page, plus my journalling.

SplshMtn99
06-29-2003, 09:35 AM
I started with 8.5 x 11. So far, I've only done my 2000 WDW trip in that size...then changed over to 12x12 for other scrapping.

If you follow the link in my siggy, you will find the album (still a work in progress). I have been complimented by some on how much I get on a page without it looking yucky. But there are also pages without much. This album has evolved over 2 yrs, so my style has changed throughout. BUT, it will give you an idea BEFORE you start yours what you think is "too much" on a page.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

pas2
06-30-2003, 05:59 AM
I have seen albums done on the long side (11 x 8.5). You can place more photos side by side and still have it look uncluttered. Check out the two peas in a bucket website in their gallery. Use the search and enter 11 x 8.5. I normally use 8.5 x 11 and may do my next trip album this way. I also use the "storybook" sheet protectors which enable me to make continous layouts on a topic up to 8 pages. I have done this for Chef Mickey's, Sea World and parades. I like making the a title page that spans the first two sheets then when it's opened up inside will be a continous 4 page spread.