PDA

View Full Version : airport hotel recommendations?

sln88
06-25-2003, 02:39 PM
We are flying in to Orlando late(1030) on a Fri night. I am thinking about just staying at an airport hotel for that night before I get into our condo- which we can't get into until Sat.

Does anyone know of any CHEAP hotels with shuttle service from the airport?

I will probably save the price of one day's rental on a car and just go pick it up Sat am.

Any ideas?

Emerald31
06-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Hi, if you are willing to take the risk, you could try priceline to get a 3 star hotel. I bid for a 3 star MCO airport hotel and received the Renaissance for $33 and it does have a 24 hour shuttle, on their website that same room I received for $33 is going for $149. Another hotel that has been received by others is the Marriott which also has a shuttle. If you do bid I don't think you will go wrong bidding for a 3 star.

Rpsemont
06-27-2003, 05:58 PM
We have used priceline for an airport hotel twice and both times go the Marriot. We did not use their shuttle service, but I understand they do have one. Both times we bid right around $30 for a three star. IMO, you can't go wrong. Even if you got one without shuttle service , chances are the cost of a cab would be minimal for any airport hotel and at under $40 total cost for the room, you may have some room in the budget for a cab if need be.

prncess674
06-27-2003, 06:20 PM
If you have never used priceline check out www.biddingfortravel.com to learn how to bid informatively.

Lewisc
06-27-2003, 10:18 PM
If you want to use hotwire take a look at betterbidding.com You may pay a little more than with PL but you'll get a better idea to what hotel your're getting and you'll know if you're getting a hotel with breakfast.