PDA

View Full Version : HIFS no longer booking Entertainment Rate

kessieann
06-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I just got off the phone with HIFS because I wanted to add one night to our trip. She quoted me $114.00 and I said we already had the Entertainment Book rate of $76.00. She told me they are no longer taking any reservations with the EB rate. I was able to get the rate down to $106 with the Priority Club.

I asked her to clarify for those of us that already have a confirmation are our EB rates still good and she said--yes.

I asked just to clarify did that mean that anyone calling today and asking for the Entertainment Rate would be told that they are no longer accepting entertainment cards and she said--yes.

MrsMud
06-25-2003, 03:32 PM
Wow, that is really too bad! Glad I already have reservations WITH the rate, sorry for anyone who was planning on booking this way. Does this mean we may have to find another place to stay in the future? :(

lexis53
06-25-2003, 04:59 PM
I just went on the web site and they show an entertainment rate of around $100 for the room I would have paid $73 for a week ago:( I knew I should have reserved just in case. Now I will stay elsewhere. But I really think that is high. Some of the kidsuites were what OP mentioned.

Oh well...I guess they feel they have enough of a following to do it. I don't think I would try it for that much, but that's just *me* :p

taylor1293
06-25-2003, 06:30 PM
That's really disappointing. I wonder why they have stopped accepting it?

Teresa

familyoffive
06-25-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm sure that they had a number of nights set aside, and they have now hit that number. It is funny to see how many are wanting to stay here at a discount, but will not stay for more.

lexis53
06-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by familyoffive
I'm sure that they had a number of nights set aside, and they have now hit that number. It is funny to see how many are wanting to stay here at a discount, but will not stay for more.

I was looking at several options since I don't know if my family is going to make it with us (me and my 4 year old). I looked at this when I thought it would be around $70 because it sounds great for small children. But I think at over $100, I will do priceline if it is just the two of us. I can get a nice place for much, much less. Still hoping for a possible Courtyard deal for December though:D

C.Ann
06-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Phew! I'm SOOOOOOO glad that I reserved our December trip when I did because I really wanted to give this place a try..

Of course now you've gone and made me nervous that when the time comes they won't honor it.. :( PLEASE tell me I'm being paranoid for nothing??????????:eek:

kessieann
06-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Ok here is the scoop. I called again just to see if I would get the same information. The people in reservations were told about 3 days ago to stop giving out the Entertainment Book rate because there was some problem with a violation of the contract they have with the EB company.

Anyone who had a reservation will still have it at the rate they were quoted. I am going to print off my reservation confirmation and bring it with me so they can't try to say they won't honor it.

The person I spoke with said that for now they are not to give out the EB rate again to any one who calls between now and Sept. At that time they will review it and decide if they want to deal with the EB people again.

LOVETHATMOUSE
06-26-2003, 07:22 AM
I wonder what the violation was? The rate was 50% off the rack rate, so what could be the problem?

MrsMud
06-26-2003, 08:09 PM
...there was some problem with a violation of the contract they have with the EB company.
and:I wonder what the violation was? The rate was 50% off the rack rate, so what could be the problem?
Well, I am wondering if the violation was that it WASN'T in the book at all! I believe I heard that the new books come out in Sept.? Maybe they are waiting until Sept. to see if they are listed in the book this year! :rolleyes: