PDA

View Full Version : CAMPING recipes

pattyT
06-23-2003, 08:17 PM
We are suppose to go camping this coming weekend - and the thing that we hate the most is CCOKING and cleaning the pans etc. when camping -
I do have a dutch oven (that we have never used correctly).

Do you know any no mess - no hastle recipes (I don't mind preparing stuff ahead of time!)

TIA

Patty

crazyforpooh
06-23-2003, 09:14 PM
too.

We are going for a week to a KOA Cabin

MerryPoppins
06-24-2003, 12:12 AM
I posted some on a thread a month or so ago. Don't know if we could unearth it or not. Anyone know where it is? If not, I can type up a few again.

Do you like having things pre-prepared? As in partially made and you just have to finish it in camp? Any foods your family especially likes? We are a scouting family, so we have a recipe for just about anything you are interested in.

pumba
06-24-2003, 06:17 AM
take aluminum foil and un fold one piece for each family member....

in the middle of your piece....put a seasoned hamburger patty.....then on top of that sliced carrots or veggie of choice.........

then on top of that sliced potatoes ......seasoned of course....you may want to add a slice of red onion too.......

season it and then fold up and seal it
put it on the grill or on the coals and cook fifteen minutes on each side......this is so good and no clean up and just throw it away.....

the kids always loved to make their own....

you can also make a big pot of meatballs and sauce.......and put in a foil pan that is disposable.......bring some sub rolls and make meatball subs...tossed salad on the side and you are on for a good meal

Spinning
06-24-2003, 06:57 AM
either buy or make an aluminum pocket.
SLice pototoes, onions, carrots add either oil or butter then add pesto and garlic. Cook over the fire for a long time....
When done cut pocket with a knife....YUMMY!

holycow
06-24-2003, 09:16 AM
We make bag egg buritos!...

boil water in a pot take a zip loc baggie(make sure it is a heavy duty kind) pour in beaten egg, spices, cheese etc...then zip up the bag and drop in the water let it cook....when the egg looks done remove from bag. We like salsa and sour cream on top! YUMMY...

have fun!

blewits
06-24-2003, 01:27 PM
premake a meatloaf and cook it in a reynolds foil bag on the grill. we also do pork loins in the bags on the grill and they turn out wonderful. just rub some spices you have on hand on it and throw an onion in with it and its great. these also make good leftover sandwiches or biscuits the next day.

wendy

pattyT
06-24-2003, 05:27 PM
THank You all for some Great ideas!
I'll try a few! as long as it doesn't rain :(
I'm a fairweather camper!

d.kurz
06-27-2003, 06:27 PM
And of course there's nothing like a hot dog roasted over and open fire. Well, that and roasted Peeps. mmmmmmmmm

OurDogCisco
06-28-2003, 02:11 AM
Darn I missed your post. You are probably gone but I love DUTCH oven cooking. I have it down to a science. I even have a handy chart that depending on your dutch oven size it tells you how many coals you need on top and bottom to maintain temperature. I have awesome recipes too. But I love cooking so my recipes are on the complicated side. But I try to preassemble as much as I can at home. Then, prepare at camp the rest. Anyways have fun!

Tina