PDA

View Full Version : I joined Curves

Pooh Girl 71
06-23-2003, 08:05 PM
I went this morning to see in person what it was all about. I tried the machines and signed up. LOL I told the lady it reminded me of Elaine Powers and she said I didn't look old enough to remember that.

I did my first workout tonight and it felt great!

EpcotKilterFan
06-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Good for you!

I went to my second workout tonight! I think I am really going to like it.

Debbie

nativetxn
06-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Great news, PoohGirl! Good for you. You're going to be so svelte soon.

TigH
06-24-2003, 07:07 AM
EXCELLENT!!!!

Isn't it great when you can say that you ENJOY exercising? :) I think Curves is a Godsend! Seems like so many people enjoy their Curves workouts AND they are reporting some great success with inches and pounds lost!

Good for you! WISHing you many happy workouts!!!

Pooh Girl 71
06-24-2003, 07:26 AM
The best thing about Curves is that I didn't feel self-conscious at all! It was fun and it didn't feel like exercise if you know what I mean lol. Though that squat machine came close.

Disneyaholic
06-24-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Pooh Girl 71
Though that squat machine came close.

We call the squat machine "Big Bertha" or "The Beast"... NOBODY likes it! But it IS effective. :eek:

I usually use Big Bertha as my way of keeping track of how many times I've done the circuit...no way I'm gonna do that one any more times than I have to!

mishoe01
06-24-2003, 10:49 AM
WAY TO GO!!!!!

Glad you joined---it's so much fun!

I joined on the 9th of this month, and have worked out now a total of 6 times (my schedule is Mon/Wed/Fri)....You will love it!

Tigger7570
06-24-2003, 12:04 PM
LOL Disneyaholic - I also use the squat machine as a means of counting because like you, I don't want an extra turn on it. Now that you've given it a couple of names, I'll smile each time I get to it. I love those names, so appropriate. I got measured last night for the first time and I've lost a total of 13 1/2 inches and lost six pounds in my first month with Curves! That reminds me I get to go for my 10 pound clipart because with the previous four I had lost I'm up to 10 pounds. I love Curves and hope I can keep going with the loss. I go three times a week, but I am going to aim for four, my schedule permitting.

maryliz
06-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Tigger7570 - those are awesome results for your first month at Curves !!! You should be really proud of yourself.

I know what you mean about not feeling self-conscious -- most of the women there are just like me, and we are actually having a really good time!

Mary Liz

dvcfamily41801
06-24-2003, 08:14 PM
My mom and I had our first workout last night and we are going at 7am tomorrow!! I really enjoyed it and we both felt great this morning. I was worried that she would ache a little or something. Thanks for all the positive info on Curves, I am really excited about exercising, something I thought I would never ever say LOL