PDA

View Full Version : WW activity pts

ohMom
06-23-2003, 01:58 PM
How do you know if your exercise session is light? moderate? heavy?? as to figure AP on a calculator.

Is there an official WW way to figure this, maybe based on hear rate or level of exertion??

Is it just my own perception?

I haven't been counting anything as heavy, but sometimes wonder where the line is between the different types?

thanks for any input!

irishdoll7
06-23-2003, 04:16 PM
I have been wondering the same thing. I use to jog so I have been counting our lunchtime walks as light. I hope somebody on this board has an answer.

PRINCESS VIJA
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
Well, if you look at the back of the points booster it tells you something like this...

High activitiy you will break a sweat

Moderate activity... will probably make you sweat

Light activity will probably not break a sweat.

It is going to be a personal decision. I use that basicly for my guide.

I look at that, and how much energy I percieve I put out and then put it into the points booster. does that help at all?

Disneyaholic
06-23-2003, 08:52 PM
It IS a very subjective thing. I wish there was some way to make it more black-and-white.

But, when in doubt, I count the lower activity level. Just like when in doubt about how many points in a food, I figure the higher point level.

As DH always says: "It is what it is"... If you count 4 activity points instead of 3, it will still affect your weight loss as 3 points. ;) I figure that's why we have that 5-point-per-day range -- since nothing is exact!

ohMom
06-24-2003, 10:23 AM
for the info - I was probably going on the side of caution when figuring my AP (jogging at moderate when I am definately sweaty) and so i'll start to incorporate Vija's info. I hate to add too many AP and end up eating more and slow the process down!

but, today I jogged and did pilates and I have been hungry this morning!!