PDA

View Full Version : Does Being on Atkins...????

Luvinit
06-23-2003, 01:27 PM
tend to dehydrate??? I have been drinking GALLONS of water, I have cut my caffiene down to 1 diet coke a day. I know that I am drinking plenty...my potty trips have tripled...I wake up twice a night to go!!
Now I am basing this on my lips...they are sooo chapped!! I do NOT live in a dry climate.

Also...I am in Serious Ketosis. The ketostick stick turns dark (160) immedately.
What should I do? I will keep on drinking that water...but I was wonderning if there was anything else? Should I even be concerned?

Tracy

Kelsie
06-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Tracy,

My lips do the same thing. It was worse the first month or so until I discovered I was actually causing a lot of it by licking my lips more than usual. I wear lipstick, so I keep it on and use chapstick a lot. Keep drinking the water and try to stop licking your lips. :)

wovenwonder
06-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Tracy
You might want to start taking some essential oil supplements. Flax Oil is a real good one [great for your heart too] and CLA is also raved about on another low carb board --- the CLA that is the best is the one made from safflower oil.

addicted_to_WDW
06-23-2003, 02:28 PM
I'm in my 3rd week of Atkins (9 pounds down, yay!) and notice that the dehydration is abating. For the first week I had to get up twice per night to use the potty and usually I never get up at all. Now I'm back to sleeping through the night even though I'm drinking just as much. I think my body is adjusting.

DisneyMom
06-23-2003, 03:21 PM
I've been reading about the benefits of CLA -where do you get it and how much is it?

Dehydration does abate on Adkins after a while - at least it did for me - but with the warmer weather kicking in (finally!), I've noticed lips becoming dry again - trying to drink more water!

wovenwonder
06-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by DisneyMom
I've been reading about the benefits of CLA -where do you get it and how much is it?

HERE (http://www11.netrition.com/pbl_clarinol_plus_page.html) is a liquid form of CLA from netition.com -- the link also explains the claimed benefits.

Also - you might want to read the MANY posts on another message board that explains the different types of CLA and various prices --- HERE. (http://www.low-carb-friends.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111021)

I still haven't decided if I want to try it. I have enough trouble remembering to take my multi vitamin, flaxseed oil capsule, and calcium.:D