PDA

View Full Version : It's been a few weeks.....

Amelia
06-23-2003, 10:08 AM
.......since I been able to visit WISH and this is just a quick update.

I had a four day vacation to WDW at the beginning of June and stuck to my diet pretty good. I didn't have any problems in restaurants ordering the Atkins way. All of our servers were more than happy to substitue a veggie in place of the potato that came with the meals. My one down fall to my diet was the popcorn that I had while watching "Finding Nemo" at the AMC movie theater at Downtown Disney. By the way, I thought it was a very cute movie!!

After we returned home, we had to do the "graduation party" rounds and I was able to stick to my diet through all of that. Now my husband and I are attempting to build a deck on the back of our house and considering that we've never done anything like this before, I think we're doing a pretty good job. Of course there's a lot of lifting and carrying involved and I can feel it in every muscle in my body!! LOL Therefore I'm not surprised that the scales have jumped up a couple of pounds. I'm sure it's muscle weight so I'm not too worried and in the long run I'm sure I'll lose inches with all of the extra work I'm doing. I measure myself at the beginning of every month so it's just a few more days until I'll know for sure.

So, now that I'm back, what have I missed? Have any of you reach a major milestone in your diet? Let's hear from my fellow WISHer's!

Rhonda
06-23-2003, 10:14 AM
Welcome back! We missed you!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I've been SLOWLY inching my way toward a 20 pound clippie. The scale's going the right way though!

You must be so proud of yourself! You're almost to a 40-pound clippie!!! Good for you!

Now, don't be a stranger! We don't want to wait weeks to hear from you again. ;)

Beanie
06-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Welcome back, Amelia!! :wave: Glad to see you back here on this board! :) Congratulations on your wonderful success!! :)

As of today, I am 2.5 pounds away from my new shiny, 30 pound clippie!:)

TigH
06-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey there! Don't stay away so long (ok, so you have some really good excuses...but can't you DIS at midnight?) ;)

Glad you had a great trip to WDW and that you were able to stay on Atkins! :) WOW on building the deck!!! That is some big DIY project. I know you are going to really feel those muscles by the end of this! Hope we get to see an after picture of your deck (maybe with you on it enjoying some grilled (Atkins approved) meal! ;)

Hope you are able to post more often!!!!!

nativetxn
06-24-2003, 08:42 PM
It's great to see you here again, Amelia. I hope you won't stay away so long next time. We miss you when you aren't here.

Amelia
06-25-2003, 07:27 AM
It's nice to hear from you guys!

I'm going to try to stop by more often (hopefully every day) from now on. I really missed all of the encouragement that I receive here!!

nativetxn
06-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Excellent! I'm glad to hear that you will visit more often :)

disneyeveryyear
06-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Nice to meet you Amelia, I have started since you went on hiatus.

Just wanted to say hi to another Amelia. I have a 4 year old with that name and it doesn't seem like there are a lot around.

She is named Amelia Grace and will no doubt live up to the precedent set my Amelia Aerhardt (sp?). She is extremely strong willed and will never let anyone run roughshod over her.

Have fund with your building project!

Amelia
06-25-2003, 04:17 PM
My middle name is Amelia, my first being Doris. Growing up I hated both my names but now I've resigned myself to them and am even glad that I have two names that are so unique. With a name like Doris Amelia, I'm not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry!! LOL