PDA

View Full Version : cheat free star challenge....round 2!!!

PRINCESS VIJA
06-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Good morning everyone! Well, I have a bit of news to report. I made it to 17 days, and then I started to journal and track points in my head. I honestly can't say I was within points, and I didn't know what to do. I have sneaking suspicion that I really wasn't, you should see what the scale said this morning!:eek:

I thought long and hard about it.... and I went through 2 scenarios. Keep going on the star and how I felt about it, and also to start again with day 1 on the star. Initially I felt like I had failed myself. But you know what? I don't think I did. I worked hard and slipped up. I know now that I have to write it all down. doing it in my head just didn't work for me. I learned alot and I will just learn from this and not beat myself up over it.

I am working right away back on day 1 of the star, so I didn't have a "binge fest". I am usually one who likes black/white. NO grey areas. this was a gray area and I just didn't like it. So, I am going to keep it at day 17 for my first attempt to get to 100. I am very proud of that. I had 3 weeks of losses at my weigh ins, which I haven't been able to consistently do. But I know I can do more.

I am starting over with this being day 1 again, so tommorow I should be changing my star back to 1. I am leaving the 17 up for the day, to remind me how quickly time does fly, and what I can do. And then my next goal is to make it past that.... and keep going! Thanks for your support.

How is everyone else doing with their challenge? Anyone want to start their challenge today with me. The star is wonderful and has helped a bunch of people already!

wovenwonder
06-23-2003, 10:23 AM
YOU CAN DO IT VIJA!

This is the best mindset that I've seen you be in EVER! I know you will accomplish this goal Vija --- You're already a WINNER!:D

karebear1
06-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Vija- I was looking azt that star last night and marveling that you have been so strong! GOOD FOR YOU! You did earn that star- and I am so proud of you. But, I suppose that technically you're right- I'd do the same thing!

I'm proud of you Vija for all the hard work you are doing to stay on program! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!

ohMom
06-23-2003, 10:59 AM
Vija - you have such a great attitude!

17 days is a huge accomplishment! Be proud!!

I made it through 11 days and then blew it. I started over yesterday and today is Day 2. That's ok. We are winners b/c we are not giving up.....

and - YOU LOST WEIGHT!! how that that be looked upon as failure? it worked for you! And it will work again! Your metabolism doesn't know that you had to start your stars over again, it's revved up and burning fat! don't worry, i won't tell your fat-burning processes that you're starting over and it will NEVER know the difference!

mowsie dreamer
06-23-2003, 11:03 AM
What a great attitude you have, Vija. :D I'm glad you are not beating yourself up over this and i'm glad that you are getting right back to Day 1 without a binge fest! :D Three weeks of weight loss is something to be very proud of!

You said that you had learned from this and that really hit home with me. It made me realize that we are all learning a new way of eating and being healthy--if we are not perfect the first time (or second....or third....) we attempt something, well, that is to be expected. As long as we are learning from our attempts we are on track.

I'm so proud of you for all you have accomplished! Keep up the good work! :D :D :D

ohiominnie
06-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Vija,
I, too, needed to bump my star down. I had made it to 8 but then last week blew it! I can make excuses...it was a crazy week, gone from 8:15am until 10:00 pm every night....put about 500 miles on the van, etc etc...
but the truth is, I chose to cheat!
I was actually so busy last week that I couldn't get in to even change my star, so it sat at "8" for a week!
Now, time to start over!

You are my inspiration, Vija!!

Beanie
06-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Vija, you have a wonderful attitude about all of this! You motivate me so much and I thank you for that! :) You will be very successful on this round 2, I can feel it! :)

KathiWithAnI
06-23-2003, 12:40 PM
I am so glad I saw this!!
I never made it to day 8... but I kept thinking I didn't want to start at 1 again, so I was trying to start over and then when I had done 8 days I would finally change my start... never started over.
BUT NOW, I will!!! I'll start over today and then tomorrow I'll reset my star to day 1.... it's nice not to be alone!! I was really feeling bad about not being able to keep it up!

Kathi

PRINCESS VIJA
06-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone!

KathiWithAnI, trust me, I know exactly how you feel!!! I actually had thought of the same thing, but then I thought I wouldn't be true to myself, my WISH friends, and the one who showed me the way---Jody. I also thought that maybe others were also struggling and didn't want to have to admit to starting over, but if I went ahead and admitted it, then perhaps it would give others the strenght to recommit. Glad it helped out. Remember we are in a race by ourselves, FOR ourselves. As long as we remain true to ourselves, we will be winners!

TigH
06-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Princess Vija, you have a LOT of integrity!!! :) Good for you! You did a GREAT job making it 17 days and I know you will do a great job AGAIN, even with the start over. I LOVE that there is a gold star cheat-free challenge, it is realy motivating to alot of people.

Good luck! You are making amazing strides and I am really proud of you!!! :)

anniet
06-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Vija I so admire you!!! 17 days cheat free is nothing to be ashamed of! I've been trying to get the courage up to take this challenge and this is the first day in good conscience I can say I've been cheat free. Can someone point me in the direction of the clippies please? I can't seem to find them.:confused:

wovenwonder
06-23-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by anniet
Vija I so admire you!!! 17 days cheat free is nothing to be ashamed of! I've been trying to get the courage up to take this challenge and this is the first day in good conscience I can say I've been cheat free. Can someone point me in the direction of the clippies please? I can't seem to find them.:confused:

Here is the address for the day one cheat free star. To change to future days just change the 01 to 02,03,etc.
:D

http://www.pinecrestdesigns.com/star/01.jpg

You'll have to put [ img] before the address and [ /img] after the address to make the clippie appear in your signature. leave out the spaces in the IMG boxes though.

anniet
06-23-2003, 07:33 PM
Thanks Jody!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

d.kurz
06-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Vija, your honesty is admirable. I hope it inspires all of us using the cheat-free star. Personally, I LOVE that thing. It is keeping me motivated for now. Though I keep WISHing it were a 30 day challenge. 100 seems like sooooo many!!

:D :D :D

Keep up the good work!

Jomrog
06-24-2003, 07:49 AM
Vija, Congratulations on going 17 days cheat free!! We are all behind you for round 2. I know you can do it!!! A little PD to send you on your way ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

wovenwonder
06-24-2003, 08:12 AM
That star looks FABULOUS on you Annie!:D