PDA

View Full Version : Regents

Ali Gator
06-23-2003, 09:21 AM
I took three regents this year, ((Well four if you include Math from January)) but I took Global, Spanish ((Skipped ahead a year)) and Earth Science...anyone who lives in New Yrk or California has to take thes and my Earth Science teacher this year was horrible...my old next door neighbor is also an earth science teacher in our school and she tutored me and helped me alot. So after the Earth Science test I came out in tears because I thought it was really hard but the other teacher who was helping me just called me and told me I passed! I just thought Id share lol

Alex

rippinguitarkid88
06-23-2003, 11:06 AM
lol i guess ur a year older than me and from NY too. i only had to take the Bio regents....which wuz a joke cuz it wuz so easy!

AbErGrl217
06-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Im from NY..I took the Earth Science regents last week..i still dont know what i got. I take all the other ones that you said next year.

Wick
06-23-2003, 10:34 PM
ahh thank god im done wit these :smooth:
took my last regents at the end of junior year

WDWfanatic288
06-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Congrats on passing Alex! :)

I don't have to take regents but we do have tests in Texas...they used to be called TAAS and we were the last graduating class to take them...so we did and we all passed with flying colors b/c it was soo basic. They just changed the test this year to TAKS and it's HARD! lol luckily I don't have to take it to graduate but we got our scores and I did ok, but considering I'm an Honors kid and I did ok...who knows how the academic kids did! The science one was hard...it tested chemistry, bio and physics...I didn't remember like any of it! lol

StitchGirl88
06-24-2003, 08:02 AM
try not to laugh but i never even herd of these if you could be so kind to tell me what they are??

AbErGrl217
06-24-2003, 01:09 PM
they are tests that NY state requires you to take to go on to the next grade level in science, english, history, math etc. If you do not pass the first time you have to take them over and over again and some of them are hard!

Ali Gator
06-24-2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys lol...so Jules, I guess every state has some sort of testing process which is really just idiotic I think. Base the whole year on one test is a big mistake. I say if you pass the class you obviously know the material...we take Math B next year which they just changed from sequential 3 and its supposed to be near impossible :O...Im dead!

Alex

StitchGirl88
06-24-2003, 04:32 PM
thanks for clearing that up for me it is kinda like the pssa at Pa then. more a less

MickeyMouse418
06-26-2003, 05:50 PM
i took the bio last year, and the earth science and math A this year. i thought the earth science was really easy, and i got a 97 so im happy! did anyone take the june math A that they aren't counting? i heard it was reallly hard

MickeyMouse418
06-26-2003, 05:51 PM
and congrats on passing alex!

Ali Gator
06-26-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks! And I got my grades back today:

Global=90
E.Sci.=73
Spanish ((Got skipped ahead a year))=87

So I passed all...thank god i passed Math A in January so I didnt have to take it again

<333
Alex

Princess Ash
06-26-2003, 08:59 PM
well i live here in Massachusetts...had to take the MCAS in fourth and eighth grade, and then they want u to take them sophmore year to pass high school...but yay! I go to a private school, so we don't have to!!!

MickeyMouse418
06-27-2003, 05:19 PM
ali- yea its good that u didnt have to take the math A again because its not even being counted. i feel bad for my friends who sat there for three hours and it doesnt count. and congrats on passing everything!