PDA

View Full Version : Severe post Holiday Blues!!

signtalker
06-23-2003, 08:39 AM
How does everybody cope with the holiday blues?after coming back!??

It didnt really hit me as hard last time,but this time Im mooching around and cant think of anything else but our trip in 2005(which seems years away LOL)

To top it all off Ive been off work since last week ,after having my shoulder operated on again for the second time, My Doc has signed me off again this week, giving me more time to sulk!!:(

I know everybody always says ,plan,but seeing as i havent got anything concrete in writing,it doesnt feel like im going!.

We do have a holiday to vegas in may of next year,which im looking forward to and am trying to emmerse myself in the planning of that, but does it seem silly to say "It isnt Disney"!!!!.

With everybody jetting off to WDW,im feeling really sorry for myself!,does anybody else get like this???

Jules

PoohBears#1fan
06-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Oh bless you Jules, I can totally symphasize.

I was pricing up European holidays earlier today and just couldn't raise much interest, every price I get I'm comparing to WDW and am itching to start getting flight prices for 2005!!!!

MAybe we should start a support group? My name's Jo and I'm a disneyaholic!

I've never felt is as bad as this time - no idea why

Mrs Dazzle
06-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by signtalker
We do have a holiday to vegas in may of next year,which im looking forward to and am trying to emmerse myself in the planning of that, but does it seem silly to say "It isnt Disney"!!!!.
:D Jules - I felt exactly the same this May. We didn't actually have any plans to visit Florida this year, but had booked a week in St Lucia following the death of Darryl's mum. When we booked it back in Feb I'd gotten excited, but as the weeks went on I kept thinking "it's just not Florida". We love our trips over to Florida - not just for Disney/Universal, we actually spend less time in Orlando than elsewhere down on the coast - it's the whole thing about Florida, we love it all:D

However, the closer I got to the St Lucia holiday the more swatting I'd do . . . and the more I was looking forward to it. Wouldn't say I was as excited as I get for Florida, but it was getting better. By the time we went I really was getting excited - and it was even better than I could ever have imagined.

Your trip to Vegas next May will be fantastic. Lucky you getting to see another part of the States. And it's less than a year away (am I convincing you yet;) ).

Keep researching for Vegas, get guide books, library books, anything these keeps your interest up. By the time next May's been and gone you'll be wishing you were back there . . . but then you'll only be a year away from a trip back to The Mouse:D

HeidSFost
06-23-2003, 12:00 PM
Being Devil's advocate here......

My holiday is usually vegas .. twice a year every year - I love Vegas!

I can't afford to go perhaps until December this year, and so I booked Orlando, all the while thinking - it's not Vegas , I won't enjoy it so much, I will miss my lovely Vegas - it actually hurts that I won't be going to Vegas when I go to Orlando on Weds!

BUT I found this great message board, and learned loads and loads about Orlando and what it has to offer, and now I am dead excited, and really looking forward to it!

Find your self a good Vegas message board (www.a2zlasvegas.com is good) - do your research and planning (there is a lot to find out about Vegas and the surrounding area),and it will help the time go quicker, and you will find yourself getting really excited about it!

You may well find yourself falling in love with a whole new placew (of course then you will have problems deciding where to go<g>).

If I can be of any help with your Vegas holiday, do let me know, I am good for all sorts of info about it :)

Vegas will always be my favourite place on earth, but I have a very strong feeling that Orlando is going to be right up there making my holiday choices difficult from now on!

Heid
xx

signtalker
06-23-2003, 12:23 PM
Cheers guys

Jo,pM'd you, know what you mean a suport group is just what is needed!!!!!(Ill cry into your tea,you can cry into mine!!).

Heidi, already have the route planned,guide books,maps, all accomadation is sorted and rough itenery done(planning is my best asset!!), but its still not disney!!!!.

Just cant shake the disney feeling(must be my age!)

jules

Dimplenose
06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
If it's not bad enough not to be at WDW I read somewhere that depression can be a part of jet lag. Has anyone suffered this when returning from a business trip or non-WDW holiday?

Libby

Beth__WDW23/6/02
06-24-2003, 06:44 AM
Signtalker,we was the same when we came back lastyear.
You are just itching to be there again.
We had no plans to go back this year,with us moving,we wanted to get the home sorted for this christmas,but then i came on to DIS,lol,and got into the "searching for the holiday" spirit,and we just booked it,so ive given up on my leather suite,and furniture,until we come home,thats how much we wanted to go.
so in my eyes to get over the blues is to book again :) hehe ;)

Beth

KayleeUK
06-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Jules

I know how you feel:) I am getting depressed for next year LOL After October we won't be going until 2005!!

WDWfan,uk
06-24-2003, 04:37 PM
My post Disney blues sets in the moment I realise I don't have a countdown to another trip.
I must admit the last two trips I had, it took a while for the blues to set in - I was on such a high from having had such a great time - but once it starts I work very hard at getting a new countdown :) Once i have one, I feel fine again :)