PDA

View Full Version : 20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

jilljill
01-31-2004, 08:55 AM
OH MY, way tooooo much planning this far ahead :eek: :earseek:
I still have to pack (much later this week) for Ireland and figure out what time we are leaving for the airport on Saturday.

gaRry
Karyn, Randy and 'Your Highness' stayed at WDW last night - so no 4am Magic sightings for them. Or if there were, it would have been in their sweet dreams.

jilljill
01-31-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by gail1771
I am having trouble getting e mails for this site when someone responds to the DIS. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem ????? I have to go back and check in through an old e mail from two days ago. All my other boards for getting e mails are working but this one. Thanks.
Have a great day everyone. Gail
::MinnieMo :Pinkbounc
Gail, I'm on AOL and only get an email when someone posts to a thread, or even if I get a PM, once in a great big blue moon. So it's not just you.

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi it's me again.

MARY, I had an idea brainstorming. Let me know what your thoughts are on this as you do such an awesome job with the news letter.

Since only a few people have met each other and know what each other's look like how about toward our cruise date we either do a spreadsheet with everyone pictures in it and it gets e mailed to everyone so we can find each other???????

OR

We add all the pictures to the November 2004 newletter???????? As I see you can attach pictures to the newsletters.

I am sure this is a lot of work and I would not want to impose on anyone but mabye we could figure out a way to do this if the above two suggestions don't work. I figured since eveyone reads the nesletter that would be a good place to post it. If it is to much to do. We can scratch that idea.

Gail,

I have planned to post everyones picture up as a separate page on the website (kind of DIS directory). I mentioned it a few months ago, but only got pictures from one or two people.

I'll put something in this months newsletter (which I need to work on this weekend). I think it would be a great way to get to know everyone.

lneeley
01-31-2004, 12:03 PM
Good morning everyone. It was nice to join the chat last night. Thanks David for letting me know how to get there. That's the first time (believe it or not) that I have entered a chat room. Anyway, Disneypindiva, I am technoligical impaired also, but actually it was quite easy. It wouldn't let me log on so I created a new user name and password for that site, so I show up as Sea-U-Later, which is what I use on the CC site.

What's with the lime green shirts? Our family was thinking of getting white t-shirts and then my daughter in law was going to do something on the front of all of them.

Mary-I have a group picture of all of us. I think I have your email address. It's at home and I'm here at work (suppose to be getting ready for audit), but I need to get my Disney fix first!

I think meeting at the deck on port side is great and then we can all dance along with Goofy and friends at the sail away party. Anyone bringing bubbles? Dang, I wish this cruise was next week.

Gail, I am trying to get my Jamie to email to Emily this weekend. I'll be home tomorrow, so maybe I can get her to do it then.

Okay all, thanks again for the chat, hope we get to that 2,000th post soon!

Linda

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by lneeley
What's with the lime green shirts? Our family was thinking of getting white t-shirts and then my daughter in law was going to do something on the front of all of them.

Mary-I have a group picture of all of us. I think I have your email address. It's at home and I'm here at work (suppose to be getting ready for audit), but I need to get my Disney fix first!

Linda - I'd love to have a picture. Will it be of your whole group? If I counted correctly you are traveling with 13!

gaRry designed some lime green shirts for the group that sailed on the inagural Western cruise and is looking at t-shirts for us as well. Lime green is the "official" color of the DIS. It started with people trying to meet up in the parks tying green ribbons to their fanny packs etc. I helped gaRry does some designs and he's been working with an t-shirt shop by him to get pricing etc.

athurstance
01-31-2004, 12:28 PM
JillJill - In the UK we have what we call 'Xmas Pudding' so probably it is the same. It is a kind of heavy fruit pudding - looks a bit like a fruit cake but more moist. It is boiled in a basin so is usually a kind of dome shape. Traditionally we serve it with brandy butter or a sweet white sauce.

Angela

lneeley
01-31-2004, 12:32 PM
Okay, I'm sure you guys will update on the website once he gets prices and everything?

Anyway, the picture I have of us that I'm thinking of is when we boarded the Disney Wonder in Nov. 2002. There were only 11 of us in that picture. The two new grandchildren weren't with us. Well, actually one was, he was just hanging out with mom with her pregnancy. Oh, and actually, the other one was in waiting for his birth mom to deliver and she delivered right after we returned from the cruise. We returned on 11/17/02 and Nicholas was born on 11/22/02. We were a little worried that he would be born while we were on the cruise, but it worked out perfectly.

I'm so excited for this cruise I am nearly busting at the seams, but I'm down 11 pounds already so I am going to keep working on it so I can enjoy that Christmas dinner menu. My mouth waters just thinking about it!

Linda

lneeley
01-31-2004, 12:34 PM
Angela-does it taste anything like fruitcake? If so, I think I'll pass on that one.

gail1771
01-31-2004, 12:55 PM
Hi Everyone. Happy Saturday.

I know it is very early to start a lot of the planing but it makes it feel closer to the cruise date of 12/18/04 and by the time we are near the date everything will be organized and in place. I still have our cruise on Celebrity Summit in less than two weeks(Diana, I have met some really nice people through the Cruise Critic boards, thanks to you and they have a few things planned as well) and I need to get a move on packing for this cruise. Than we have the RCCL Senerade of the Seas on 8/29/04 through Alaska before the DC, but what can I say I am a planner way in advance even when I have other vacations before it. This is such a nice group of people it makes it so enjoyable to be a part of it. I feel very blessed to have found the DIS and all of you. We are going to have the best cruise ever and so will all the children!!!!!!
It's nice to dream ahead. It makes you feel so good inside when it is so so cold outside. Snow is finally starting to melt.

I want to make sure I have not missed anyone for the early dining seating who wants to sit together and has sent me an e mail or we have spoken through the DIS.

Mary and Mark (WDWLVR)
Deb, Eddie and Jake(3) (DebsHill)
Christi, David, Katja (8) and Annica(5) I do not have your DIS name
Gail, Steven, Emily(almost 8) and Ethan(3.5)

DJS(David) are you early seating?? I can't remenber if you told me that you are joining us or not. Would love for you to with your family if you are intrested.

I am sorry If I have forgotton anyone or if you want to join us you can e mail me at gail17@optonline.net

Mary, now that you mention it I do remenber you talking about and requesting pictures for the newsletter. I think that will be so nice.

Talk to you soon. Fondly Gail1771

jilljill
01-31-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by athurstance
JillJill - In the UK we have what we call 'Xmas Pudding' so probably it is the same. It is a kind of heavy fruit pudding - looks a bit like a fruit cake but more moist. It is boiled in a basin so is usually a kind of dome shape. Traditionally we serve it with brandy butter or a sweet white sauce.

Angela
I hope this does not even come remotely close to the traditional fruitcake that gets passed around from family to family without being eaten :eek: :teeth:
If it is I will pass and DH will probably eat it.

athurstance
01-31-2004, 01:35 PM
It is kind of hard to describe but if you think of it as a very soggy fruit cake in the shape of a pudding that would be about right. It is a bit of an acquired taste. You can keep them for ages though - my grandma used to make them in the spring ready for next Xmas. She used to put silver sixpences in her pudding and we would see who got one in our bowl (personally I wouldn't risk it with my kids - one of them would probably swallow it).
Some people pour brandy over it and set it alight.
It is one of those things we do it because its traditional - I'm not sure many people actually like it (although my DH says he does).

Angela

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Mary, now that you mention it I do remenber you talking about and requesting pictures for the newsletter. I think that will be so nice.

OK I have the beginning of the photo gallery up. Actually right now it is just a picture of Mark & I and Karyn's family. I think I have a few other photos as well that I can get up , but thought this would be a start. It is on the newsletter link page so get to it just like you would the newsletter. If you would like you picture in the gallery e-mail it to me and tell me what information you would like to add (I did ours as an example). I put in our real names, cabin number and the fact that this was our 6th cruise and that we are DVC Members. Click on any of the photos and it will open up a bigger picture.

Let me know what you think.

If anyone would like a picture added but doesn't have a digital they can send drop me a line and I'll give you my address and I'll be happy to have it scanned for you.

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Hey, Just thought I'd say hello to everyone from The Disney Magic! Our DIS group includes 24ish families making 137 people total! I can't wait until the Christmas Cruise, it seems so far away!! Unfortunatly for us, it's supposed to rain all week and right now it's rather chilly :( Anyways, i gotta run, the dreaded safety drill is in 1/2 an hour!!

Bye Kiddies!!! :wave2:

lneeley
01-31-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi there, I was just looking at the cam and it is looking pretty foggy and misty right now! Have a great time.

Mary, I looked at the photo gallery, it's great. Did you get the pictures I sent? I'll send you some additional information on the folks in the picture!

jilljill
01-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by PrincessAuroraInBlue
Hey, Just thought I'd say hello to everyone from The Disney Magic! Our DIS group includes 24ish families making 137 people total! I can't wait until the Christmas Cruise, it seems so far away!! Unfortunatly for us, it's supposed to rain all week and right now it's rather chilly :( Anyways, i gotta run, the dreaded safety drill is in 1/2 an hour!!

Bye Kiddies!!! :wave2:
Hey there Jill,
I was thinking about you guys when I heard that FL is supposed to get socked with rain this week. But it's still better than the dreaded S*** word that your mother hates :teeth:
Say 'hi' to mom and dad for me :wave:

gail1771
01-31-2004, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone.

Mary, I just forwarded a picture of us(Gail and Steven)
to you before I read the DIS board. I will sent you information to go along with it tomorrow. I fowarded it to both your e mail address. I hope it goes through. Let me know if it does.
Oh my gosh I forgot the kids. I will scan one of all of us tomorrow and reforward it to you. I am so tired time to go to sleep.

Have a good night everyone. Fondly, Gail1771::MinnieMo

jilljill
01-31-2004, 11:01 PM
I am having trouble getting e mails for this site when someone responds to the DIS. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem ????? I have to go back and check in through an old e mail from two days ago. All my other boards for getting e mails are working but this one. Thanks.
Have a great day everyone. Gail
::MinnieMo :Pinkbounc
Gail,
Since the server change has gone thru, I am now receiving email notifications once again.

justmestace
01-31-2004, 11:48 PM
:confused: Okay, something weird is going on. I couldn't get on the DisBoard all night last night, and today. Ended up getting redirected and then having to log in & such. ?? I have DCL DIS in my favorites, and it wouldn't come up. Oh well, at least I got it all back.
Mary, I thought for sure I had sent you pictures of us a long time ago? Guess I'll round up one or two and try again.
DH and I decided to take a quick trip to Las Vegas next weekend. Total R & R. Not even taking in a show. We have a nice suite a the MGM Grand with a terrace, may just sit out there and sip champagne the whole time. Aaaahh.

Anyway, off to bed. 'Night all.
Stacey

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by justmestace
:confused: Okay, something weird is going on. I couldn't get on the DisBoard all night last night, and today. Ended up getting redirected and then having to log in & such. ?? I have DCL DIS in my favorites, and it wouldn't come up. Oh well, at least I got it all back.
Mary, I thought for sure I had sent you pictures of us a long time ago? Guess I'll round up one or two and try again.
DH and I decided to take a quick trip to Las Vegas next weekend. Total R & R. Not even taking in a show. We have a nice suite a the MGM Grand with a terrace, may just sit out there and sip champagne the whole time. Aaaahh.

Anyway, off to bed. 'Night all.
Stacey

Stacey - the changed the server for the boards last night which is why you had to log in again. I would save the new one in your favorites again. That's what I did. Thankfully changes like this don't happen too often.

I do have the pictures you sent a while ago - you were one of the ones that sent in back then. The picture of you and DH from Palo is the same, but the other picture you had back then was from the wedding. Do you want me to put all 3 up? Let me know.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 02:00 AM
I was updating the list yesterday to send to gaRry (to compare with his and make sure we haven't missed anyone).

To date we have 50 DIS'ers and their families with 163 people total. Pretty cool!

I'm pretty sure at least one of those famiies has dropped out but the fact that we keep getting more joining us means we are going have one great cruise and there will be DIS'ers everywhere!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Hi everyone.

Mary, I just forwarded a picture of us(Gail and Steven)
to you before I read the DIS board. I will sent you information to go along with it tomorrow. I fowarded it to both your e mail address. I hope it goes through. Let me know if it does.
Oh my gosh I forgot the kids. I will scan one of all of us tomorrow and reforward it to you. I am so tired time to go to sleep.

Have a good night everyone. Fondly, Gail1771::MinnieMo

Gail - I got it - great picture. I can put both of them up when I get the one of all of you and your info.

afff
02-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Hi Mary .....disregard my last PM to you.

I just read the info regarding the photos and your newsletter.

Thanks

GaRay........Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou...I sent you a PM, I hope you received it.

wdwgoose
02-01-2004, 08:50 AM
WAY TOO GOO AFFF ! ! ! !! ! !
GOOD MORNING

4 degress not wind chill
Mary well I'll have to see if i can get an up to date picture sent to you . maybee a good one of the old shirts. I have not opened the list yet. sleeped in some got in last night at 1 am. doing some other work.
WOW thats a lot of cruisers on the list!!!!!! should we call a T A
and ask for a group rate on cabins ???????? that might be something to think about ? ? ? ? see we do this backwards ????
we need the boards to get cruisers togeather then call for group rates on cabins .:bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :hyper:
what a thought ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

afff if you drive down like us, staying at the radision about $100.00 or $140.00 for suite it includes parking::yes:: for the cruise, DCL I think is $50.00 maybee more now:earseek:
just a thought :teeth:

okay back to my 2nd pot of coffee:teeth: :hyper: :hyper:

gaRry

jilljill
02-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Mary,
I will be sure to get a new picture of the 3 of us when we go to Ireland. That way I can send you a current picture.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone! I have updated the photo gallery with the pictures I have to date.

So far we have Karyn's family, the photo from our Sept. DIS meet in Oakbrook, Videogal1 (Linda) with Cash, justmestace's family, Gail and her DH, and lneeley's gang.

Let me know what you think!

I love being able to see everyone! I've included cabin numbers for everyone and have tried to identify all those in the photos. If I've made any mistakes let me know and I will fix.

Thanks!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by jilljill
Mary,
I will be sure to get a new picture of the 3 of us when we go to Ireland. That way I can send you a current picture.

Barb - that would be great. The photo gallery wouldn't be complete without a pic of you and your family!

justmestace
02-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!
Pretty nice and sunny here this a.m. Yesterday was cloudy and had that feeling that it was going to snow....except I'm not in Nebraska any more! Currently 49 degrees and rising. My DH is at our cabin in the mountains right now, lots of snow and freezing. Why he would want to go there right now is beyond me, but he grew up here in AZ, so I guess he didn't have all those years to get sick of it like I did. I'm dreading going to NE on the 10th to visit my family...it was only 2 degrees there Friday!! YUK!

Mary, if it isn't a problem, go ahead and put up all 3, that way everyone can meet DD & DSIL, and see what the kids look like all dressed up, & catch a glimpse of a DCL wedding reception. That photo was taken at Palo. I'm kicking myself still, for not having the photgrapher take a photo of our whole family together at the wedding!! He did Mom, Dad and newlyweds, and the siblings. And I was so busy/crazy that I didn't even think about it.

Best get off here and get busy.....have a great day, everyone!
Stacey

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Stacey I have the first two up and I'll put up the 3rd when I do the next update. Not a problem at all.

jilljill
02-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Do you guys think we can get to over 1800 today?!? I have to go to work in a little bit so I can't help much :( :smooth:
Have a great day and stay warm :wave2:

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 10:50 AM
I definately think we can get to 1800 today. We're planning to go see Lord of the Rings for the 2nd time so that will take a chunk out for me, but I'll do my best!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 10:51 AM
So what do you all think about the new boards - aren't they quick. I love them!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Karyn and her family are in Key West today with the rest of the 1/31 cruisers. Here is a link Key West (http://webcam.keywest.com/msindex.htm)

Looks a little overcast today but I hope they have a great time!

gail1771
02-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Happy Sunday everyone.

Mary, I am glad you got the picture and I will forward one of the children. I have to pick up recent pictures from the photo store of all of us this past holiday in the Caymans but for now I will forward one of Emily and Ethan with all the information requested.

I also had to log back in. I had trouble getting in last night for a while. I am so glad I can now get in without a problem and the e mail notification started again this morning. Thanks Jill for letting me know it was not only me. I was a little worried it was a computer problem.

Sunny in NY today. 35 and finally a warmer day. We are off shortly to a stuff a pet birthday party. It should be a lot of fun for the children and me too. DH is off to a poker tournment with 25 guys and then a superbowl party with the same guys. It is a man's day.
He will be with a lot of guys he grew up with. I am sure it will be alot of fun for them.

Diana, I have been getting e mails and pictures of all the people on the CC board for the 2/13 Celebrity sailing. They are all so nice. I have to thank you 100 times for directing me on this site.

Talk to you all soon. Have a great day everyone. Fondly Gail1771

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 11:32 AM
I wasn't able to log in until early this morning. Since I usually just use a link I had to remember what my password was. I would have hated to start over.

Cruisin'goose
02-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone

Tried to post earlier and I kept getting a message that there was a problem on the resort board and that caused all of them to be down for a bit while they were fixing the problem. Must be better as it let me on.

Mary I will make sure GaRry gets some pictures done today or I will send an old one of us from a previous cruise.

He is playing with his babies (horses) right now, I prefer to stay inside where it is a bit warmer.

Wish we could all :grouphug:be on the Magic right now with Karyn, princess: and Randy. Hope they are having a great time in Key West. Hope they skies clear up and they have smooth sunny sailing:sunny: throughout their trip.

Vicki
:boat:

gail1771
02-01-2004, 01:37 PM
WOW 120 PAGES!!!!!!!!!

Our family is growing. I will need to close Palo's for our brunch with us all. How cool would that be!!!!!!

Hi Mary, I e mailed you a picture of DD and DS with all the
information that you needed. Let me know If you get it. At this point in time if you could post the picture of us and the children that would be great. As soon as I get my pictures back from the holidays I will send you a more recent picture if they come out ok.

I also have been having problems getting on the DIS today. Hopefully whatever the problem was it is resolved.

Happy Super Bowl everyone.

Talk to you all soon. Fondly, Gail

wdwgoose
02-01-2004, 02:08 PM
I was hoping to get the list at the top of page 120 but noooooo Gail had to steal the spot from me so now the updated list will be the second post on page 120

CHRISTMAS CRUISE 2004 LIST

OHIOMINNIE
CHRISTMAS2004
WDWGOOSE & CRUISIN'GOOSE & UPTOWN_GIRL44
WDWLVR & MARKRG
KABULI 1 & THE GREAT PRINCESSAURORAINBLUE
PAULCRSB
ALL_EARS
TWO4RUFF
3TIMECRUISER
TINKFAN
DANCIC
LG123
ROBERTS B19
OUTAHERE
GAIL1771
JILLJILL
B & b DISCRUISERS
DVC4US
TRISHY
DJS113
TKSBASKETS
LORRIANE
KPROS
GOOFYDADEO
TCHRMOM
UROMAC
MARC & ALLISON
ITSMAGIC99
DONALDS_BEST_PAL
MDVASQUEZ
DEBS HILL
DISNEYJUNKIE
JHEMOND
JAN LYN
PFOITH
TDKLISA
SANDERS 3209
WVMD
VIDEOGAL 1
SANDMAN 980
CMASSFAMILY
JUSTMESTACE
DISNEYME
AFFF
LAURAJEAN 1014
MSEC - DVC95
HERCULES 10
ATHURSTANCE
LNEELEY
2BELLE'SMOM
3PRINCESSES
DISNEYPINDIVA
DEE47

Did we forget anyone this time???

gaRry
:crazy: :firefight

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Hi all...

Well, no reports of snow from here. We finally are getting a breather from the RAIN...it seems as if it has been raining forever :rolleyes:

Gail 1771--I belong to Katja, Annika and David--so now you have a DIS name to attach to our group :wave2:
I am going to set my DD up to email yours, as soon as I can carve out some time! It will be great if they can get to know each other ahead of the cruise.

Now I am off to check the newlsetter/pictures and see if I can find any pictures of my crew...

lneeley
02-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Wow, that's great with the number of cruisers we have. Maybe we should arrange to have a group photo taken by one of the Disney photographers in the atrium on the ship during our cruise!

Well, today was 331 days out from our return trip from Orlando to Salt Lake City, so at 12:01 a.m. this morning I was on the phone to try and get tickets on our frequent flier mileage for the return trip. since I had scanned the Delta website I had all my options ready and I was able to find 10 seats on the return. So out of 13 of us I am flying 10 on FF mileage, buying mine and DH and one grandchild is infant in arms. Wow, it took some working, but my hard work paid off. I saved $3,539 in airfare for those 10 seats. FF mileage is wonderful when you can get it. I was a little worried about Dec. 28 with the holiday and all, but they guy finally found me a flight that all 10 could get on. Anyway, we are taking over the first couple of rows in coach on each flight. We are flying through Atlanta on Dec. 17 and will go Atlanta to Orlando on #909 getting in at 3:57 p.m. If anyone gets on that flight for Fri. the 17th, they will run into us!

Anyway, I am heading home to the superbowl and then have to go pick up 2 of the grown up kids at the airport. They got back to port this morning on the 7 day cruise with RCL. Their only other cruise was with us when we took them on DCL for 3 nights, so we will see how they did on the 7 day as they work their way up to the 10 day in Dec!

Talked to a guy in Tampa today when making my Delta reservations. He said the weather was nice and clear today, but real cold last night. (Well, compared to us all, he is warm. We are up to 20 degrees right now).

Okay talk to you all soon! Linda

WVMD
02-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Help - I lost an "M"....... :earseek:

GaRry you left off my "M" ---- I don't want to be WVD......

Please - can I have my "M" back....

I promise I won't snipe 10,000......

:teeth:

pirate:

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Mary,

I sent you a picture, let me know if you got it. My computer seems to have an aversion to emailing pictures and sure enough, it sent me a failure message and closed the program on me the first try! So I sent it again--an you may get TWO of the emails (that happens too...:rolleyes: ).

Wow, I am looking out the window and I see...a big, bright, yellow globe in the sky. Could it be...is it possibly...the SUN????!!!!:earseek:

PrincessAuroraInBlue
02-01-2004, 04:30 PM
Talked to a guy in Tampa today when making my Delta reservations. He said the weather was nice and clear today, but real cold last night.
Oh yeah, last night was quite cold!! Of course, I wasn't in tampa- i was somewhere between Canaveral and Key West... But we had a nasty storm! It was pouring, there was lightning, and the harsh winds were rocking the boat all over the place! But it was beautiful today! It was cloudy this morning, yes, but it cleared up and was sunny for the rest of the day lower to mid 70's! Well, i gotta run- the famous sunset is supposed to happen soon! Bye guys!! Take care!!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by 2belles'mom
Hi Mary,

I sent you a picture, let me know if you got it. My computer seems to have an aversion to emailing pictures and sure enough, it sent me a failure message and closed the program on me the first try! So I sent it again--an you may get TWO of the emails (that happens too...:rolleyes: ).

Wow, I am looking out the window and I see...a big, bright, yellow globe in the sky. Could it be...is it possibly...the SUN????!!!!:earseek:

Got the picture and it looks great. I'll try and get it and the others uploaded tonight.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 05:02 PM
WOW 120 PAGES!!!!!!!!!

Our family is growing. I will need to close Palo's for our brunch with us all. How cool would that be!!!!!!

Hi Mary, I e mailed you a picture of DD and DS with all the
information that you needed. Let me know If you get it. At this point in time if you could post the picture of us and the children that would be great. As soon as I get my pictures back from the holidays I will send you a more recent picture if they come out ok.

I also have been having problems getting on the DIS today. Hopefully whatever the problem was it is resolved.

Happy Super Bowl everyone.

Talk to you all soon. Fondly, Gail

Gail - got your e-mails. The kids picture is adorable. Will try and get everything up tonight.

Still working on the newsletter as I'm waitng for some photo's gaRry mailed to me. Will be up in the next couple of days.

justmestace
02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I just checked out our pictures...that is so great, Mary! DD's name is spelled Jorda n, but it's no big deal. (Well, she might think it is) ;)
I just think it's pretty nice what everyone is doing to help make this a truly memorable cruise & holiday. Thanks to all of you for your hard work!!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Stacey - sorry about that. I'll fix it when I'm uploading the other pictures. That's why I want people to check!:D

Dancind
02-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Mary, where do I find pictures? Looked on your web site, but I'm confused. I will send one too.

Welcome, Leslie! More pin traders here. We'll have a party going there too!

There was a recent thread about booking category 1, and a "land&sea guy" (I think) posted that he had it booked for our cruise. Justmestace was trying to convince him to join our thread. Guess he hasn't shown up yet, maybe he's afraid. Yes, she mentioned the wine party.

The dinner seating list I posted is for second seaters that want to try to sit in the same area. So, if you want a little extra insanity with your dinner, PM me with your info.

I started a spreadsheet for our Celebrity cruise (much smaller group), and I'd be willing to do it again. Is anyone doing this yet? I can only do it in Excel though.

My DH is the scuba diver. I think he's already got some dives in the works, but there's always room for more people.

Diana

justmestace
02-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Yep...I found him a long time ago, and so did JillJill. I think we scared him off with the wine party. Sorry guys! :guilty:

justmestace
02-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Diana...how far back were you reading, anyway?? That was a pretty long time ago. I remember he had mentioned something about contacting inventory control. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on their e-mail address! (Can you tell I'm still hoping for an upgrade?)

justmestace
02-01-2004, 06:14 PM
I was hoping to hang out long enough to see us hit 1800, but my Super Bowl company is here.

wdwgoose
02-01-2004, 06:16 PM
OKAY ONE SIMPLE JOB I GIVE TO D W
and she messses it up !!!!!!!!!!!::yes:: :confused: :mad:

SORRY DOC think about it ?????????? she thinks its very funny.:teeth: :hyper: :teeth: :tongue: :rolleyes:
thats the last time I ask her.......
okay I will fix it.

Mary the pics where to be to you by noon on sat. I paid xtra for that :earseek: :confused: :mad: sorry

stace just tell him no wine party then he can let lealani have it????????

diana we sent a pm e mail about diving for me and d s not certified yet. long time ago.

gaRry

justmestace
02-01-2004, 06:16 PM
I want 1800.....18 for the day of our cruise, and 18 for my birthday on March 18.
How'd I do??

justmestace
02-01-2004, 06:17 PM
GaRry.....YOU are walking the PLANK!!!!pirate:

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dancind
Mary, where do I find pictures? Looked on your web site, but I'm confused. I will send one too.

Welcome, Leslie! More pin traders here. We'll have a party going there too!

There was a recent thread about booking category 1, and a "land&sea guy" (I think) posted that he had it booked for our cruise. Justmestace was trying to convince him to join our thread. Guess he hasn't shown up yet, maybe he's afraid. Yes, she mentioned the wine party.

The dinner seating list I posted is for second seaters that want to try to sit in the same area. So, if you want a little extra insanity with your dinner, PM me with your info.

I started a spreadsheet for our Celebrity cruise (much smaller group), and I'd be willing to do it again. Is anyone doing this yet? I can only do it in Excel though.

My DH is the scuba diver. I think he's already got some dives in the works, but there's always room for more people.

Diana

Hi Diana,

You can get to the pictures by going to the newsletter page. There is a new option there called Photo Gallery. I've got this in the password protected area because I'm sure not everyone wants there pictures where just anyone can see them.

I've done an Excel spreadsheet for everyone and gaRry has a list going in Word. We kind of check each other.:D Thanks for the offer but I don't think we need a third.

gail1771
02-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone.

Mary, I am glad you received the picture of the children. Where do I find the pictures of what you already posted on the newsletter site?? I would love to look at them.
Talk to you all later. Gail

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by wdwgoose
OKAY ONE SIMPLE JOB I GIVE TO D W
and she messses it up !!!!!!!!!!!::yes:: :confused: :mad:

SORRY DOC think about it ?????????? she thinks its very funny.:teeth: :hyper: :teeth: :tongue: :rolleyes:
thats the last time I ask her.......
okay I will fix it.

Mary the pics where to be to you by noon on sat. I paid xtra for that :earseek: :confused: :mad: sorry

stace just tell him no wine party then he can let lealani have it????????

diana we sent a pm e mail about diving for me and d s not certified yet. long time ago.

gaRry

gaRry - just checked by the door and they are here. They must have come yesterday after we left to go downtown. Mark is going to scan them for me now. Drop me a pm with your address so I can get them back to you!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi everyone.

Mary, I am glad you received the picture of the children. Where do I find the pictures of what you already posted on the newsletter site?? I would love to look at them.

Gail - go to the main newletter page. Instead of a month pick the option that says Photo Gallery. Then you should see the pictures!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 06:28 PM
By my count gaRry was 1800!

wdwgoose
02-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Mary NOW I have too take back allllll those words I just used, about the snail mail service.:hyper:
OKAY Doc its fixed

Stace please don't make my kids HAPPY ....
well did you get 1800 ????????? I'm too busy to check have lots of d w ,s too fix.::yes::

gaRry

jilljill
02-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Wow, that was a lot to read. You guys have been busy while I was spreading the 'magic' at work and going out to dinner.

Did anyone see the Pepsi commercial earlier with the bear who impersonates the guy to buy Pepsi. That was so funny::yes:: :hyper:

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 06:52 PM
You wanted us to get to 1800 today for you Barb and we did! ::yes::

Dancind
02-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Jilljill and Stace, I didn't realize it was an old thread, I just read it a couple of days ago. It must have gotten revived.

GaRy, I'm not sure my DH knows about PM's. PM me with your e-mail address, and I'll pass it along to him. Diana

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Wow Mary!

You have done an AWESOME job with the photo gallery (and work very quickly too, I might add :p .

It is so much fun looking at pictures everyone who will be cruising with us.

Gail--your kids are ADORABLE!!!!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 07:38 PM
The February newsletter is now up!

Thanks to David for his trivia questions (the same ones we had on the thread but I thought those who don't get here often would like them and you can test the rest of your families with them).

Special thanks to gaRry and Angela who shared their views on Antiqua. Anglea's are from Dec. 2003 - gaRry's are from 1979!

Hope you enjoy it!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Wow, that's great with the number of cruisers we have. Maybe we should arrange to have a group photo taken by one of the Disney photographers in the atrium on the ship during our cruise!

Linda,

I think that is a great idea. Wonder if we can find a time when everyone would be available. :D

gail1771
02-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Mary, The Photo Gallery was AWESOME. I loved it. Emily came down and saw all the children's pictures and she had such a big smile on her face. She is so excited to meet the girls around her age.
I also loved this months newsletter as I have not been to Antiqua since 1988.

2Bellsmom. Emily would love to e mail with your daughter. When you get a chance drop us a line when you are ready.

Linda, The same goes for Jamie when she gets a chance. I know she is very busy.

Deb, I just sent you two e mails with pictures attached. Hope all is well. I miss our chats.

All the children are adorable in the pictures.

Mary, you are doing such a great job. Thanks so much for the newsletter and photo gallery.

Have a good night everyone. Talk to you all tomorrow. Fondly, Gail1771

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words Gail. Thanks for getting the photo idea started again.

Just trying to do my part to make this a fantastic cruise!

jilljill
02-01-2004, 08:21 PM
Mary,
Hope the emailed pictures of DD worked for you.

Cruisin'goose
02-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Mary I got the photos sent to you. We had to do two seperate pics as there was nobody here but us to take them. (and I don't know how to use the timer/remote on the digital camera)

WVMD sorry I missed that letter. I did have to laugh when GaRry told me what I had done.

There were surely a whole lot of names on that list that I don't see post here very often if at all -------- where are you all? If everyone on that list was posting as much as gaRry and jilljill we would have no trouble at all reaching 10000 post before sailing.
Who is the bright one to calculate how many posts per day are needed to reach that MAGIC number of 10000?

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Guess it's back to work for some of us tomorrow.

Vicki

jilljill
02-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Cruisin'goose

Who is the bright one to calculate how many posts per day are needed to reach that MAGIC number of 10000?
Vicki
Vicki, I would say that was either or your DH or Mary, if memory serves me correctly. But then after listening to screaming kids at work today, not sure if the memory is working correctly tonight.

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 08:32 PM
Yes, back to work for me tomorrow...:(

And I had to work all day yesterday too...a conference in rainy Portland--not exactly a junket, now was it???? (but last year this time I WAS at a conference Orlando :hyper: --so I won't complain too much!)

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 08:38 PM

We have 320 days until we cruise. We have 8180 posts until we get to 10,000. That means we need to post at least 25.56 posts per day to get there.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 08:39 PM
Mary,

Off to check e-mail!

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Mary,

Barb - got the pictures. Will upload them once DH is off of his computer. He's doing an online game and I messed him up when I was trying to upload the newsletter.

gail1771
02-01-2004, 08:47 PM
I just booked my airline tickets through Delta and I got a great price. $215.20pp direct r/t from LGA, NY. We are leaving 12/14 Tuesday evening at 5pm as I do not want Emily missing another day of school. It is also another day DH would be away from his business. We will have 3 full days to do WDW and Sea World with the children before we take the cruise with you all. I put a hold on a rental Mini Van and we have our time share at the Marriott in place already. I gave in and I am pulling Emily out of school for 6 days. I hope in 2nd grade there will not be to much she is missing. Ethan will only be in preschool so it is ok for him to miss that time. We are flying back on 12/28 the day we arrive in port as DH will want to be back at work after being away from his business for 2 weeks. It will also give us a few days for catch up and homework Emily will have to do before she returns to school. My in laws thought we would drive to them in Boynton Beach,Fla. for a few days after the cruise but I will have to tell them not this time.
Does anyone know how far North Atlantic Avenue in CoCoa Beach is from the Port??? We are dropping the car off there. It is with National and they do not provide service to the Port only Avis and Hertz does and there prices were out of control. Over $150.00 more for the mini van. I hope I can get a taxi from there. I will call National tomorrow. I was just wondering how far is it from the port???

I am so psyched as know it is official with the plane tickets.

DJS113(David) you should look into airfare prices. I looked to see how much they are if you leave 12/17 or 12/18. Delta on line they are about $245-$250.00r/t pp. It is the same for American Airlines. Delta has a flight on 12/18 at 6:30am into MCO.

Mary, you deserve all those kind words and more.

Fondly, Gail
::MinnieMo

Cruisin'goose
02-01-2004, 08:50 PM
I knew someone could calculate that. I really think 25/day is a do-able number. At the rate we have been posting this weekend we will most likely reach it well before sailing.

Mary the photo gallery looks great.

Hope everyone has a great week.
It's off to bed for me Monday mornings seem to come really early.

Vicki

jilljill
02-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know how far North Atlantic Avenue in CoCoa Beach is from the Port??? We are dropping the car off there. It is with National and they do not provide service to the Port only Avis and Hertz does and there prices were out of control. Over $150.00 more for the mini van. I hope I can get a taxi from there. I will call National tomorrow. I was just wondering how far is it from the port???
Fondly, Gail
::MinnieMo
I would ask Shirley from the Perfect Gift about the distance. If I remember correctly Atlantic Ave. is A1A, the main street along the ocean.

Keep checking on the prices for a rental, they change all the time.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Here is the information from Dave's site.

#4: National
National offers an on-airport location in Orlando, but their port location is seven miles away in Cocoa Beach. This location is within easy walking distance from the Hilton, and within reasonable walking distance from the Doubletree.

Unlike Hertz, National DOES NOT offer complimentary shuttle service to the cruise terminal. However, they have a negotiated taxi fare of $11 from their facility to the port. If you present a taxi receipt, they will deduct $11 from your rental charges.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 08:58 PM
I knew someone could calculate that. I really think 25/day is a do-able number. At the rate we have been posting this weekend we will most likely reach it well before sailing.

Mary the photo gallery looks great.

Hope everyone has a great week.
It's off to bed for me Monday mornings seem to come really early.

Vicki

Vicki - sent you an e-mail - I couldn't open your pictures.

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Barb - your pictures are up now as well.

This has really been an active weekend for the thread. Great job everyone!

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Eewheww...still "early" here on the West Coast, but getting late for me (5:00 a.m. wake-up)! !!

Gail--My DD emailed Emily! Let me know if you got it...

Anyone else with kids in the (at time of sailing) 8 year-old range, let us know! We sure have enough to get a group emailing.

I also have a (will be) 5 year old. She can't type herself, but I will help her...so if anyone has kids in those ranges, we can make it work too...

Goodnight!

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh...

This is exciting...I am the first page on 123! Well, if you don't hear from me for a bit it is because I am in the work GRIND :crazy: , but I will try to help us reach our POSTING goals in any event:hyper:

Later...

jilljill
02-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
Barb - your pictures are up now as well.

This has really been an active weekend for the thread. Great job everyone!
Mary, thanks for posting the pics. I will promise to get better ones next week. OMG, this time next week I will be in Ireland ::yes:: :bounce:

I think at this rate we will make it to 2000 before I leave on Saturday ::yes::

WDWLVR
02-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Barb - how long are you going to be gone? The thread just isn't going to be the same without you!

jilljill
02-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Barb - how long are you going to be gone? The thread just isn't going to be the same without you!
We leave in the afternoon on the 7th and get back in the evening on the 16th. I'm a bit concerned about the weather - hoping any snow holds off for 2 weeks.
I'm sure you guys will hold up my end of posting while I'm gone.

I think we will be seeing a lot of the insides of pubs on this trip. DD likes to go to them - she thinks they are neat.

Donalds_best_pal
02-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Have fun in Ireland. It should be fun. I always have wanted to go there. The newsletter looks wonderful Mary, thanks for doing it. You guys need to slow down!;) To fast for me, I missed checking during the past few hours and come back feeling like I have been away for ages. Anyways I dont think I can wait 10 more months. I feel home sick from the Magic. Next big trip for me is Hawaii in 2 months, I dont think it will be as fun as DCL though. Talk to you all later.
Have a Disney Night:earsboy:
Matt

Donalds_best_pal
02-01-2004, 10:19 PM
2belles'mom: Forgot to put my sister will close to your younger daughters age. She is 6 at time of cruise. Hopfully they will meet in the Club. She is looking forward to christmas on "Mickey's Boat" as thats what she calls it.:) Talk to you later.
Matt:wave:

Donalds_best_pal
02-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry to keep posting but the more posts mean faster we get to 10,000. I know there was a list of all late diners, is anyone makign a list of early diners. If so it will be my family of 4. My parents, me(14) sister(5). Let me know I should make one if need be.
TTYL,
Matt

2belles'mom
02-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Donalds_Best_Pal--

We will also be in Hawaii in 2 months!!! What island will you be visiting??? And what dates??

My (then) 5 yo DD will love to meet your sister--maybe our paths will cross in Hawaii!

jilljill
02-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Matt, we hope to have fun in Ireland.

We are also feeling 'homesick' for the Magic. We cruised 4 years in a row and missed last year :( I kindof wish the time would go by faster - but it does seem like it's moving along rather quickly. So much has happened in our lives since we booked this cruise.

Good night everyone. It's supposed to get above freezing tomorrow - WOOHOO, a heatwave is coming :teeth:

paulcrsb
02-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Gail - We rented from National and we did get a taxi from the National office. They did give us a credit for the taxi and all I really ended up paying was the tip. The only problem was that the taxi was really old and I'm not sure if the brakes were working very well!

Paul

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Good morning all! Did another update on the photo gallery this morning as I got some pictures from our youngest poster Matt (aka donalds_best_pal).

djs113
02-02-2004, 06:27 AM
2bellesmom

My DD will be 8.5 at cruise time, and my DS will be a month before 5 years.

Include us in all the email action!

- David

djs113
02-02-2004, 06:34 AM
Gail,

decided to wait for JetBlue to go on sale next month.

The schedule for JetBlue works better for us than the Delta one.

Are you on the 1:55 outbound on 12/28? I think Jetblue has a 12:15 out.

Thanks for the update.

- David

tkd lisa
02-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Oh my goodness! What busy, busy fingers were at work this weekend! I think I had 5 or 6 pages to read this morning!!

Mary, I'll try to get some pictures out to you this week (probably Tues or Thursday cause the other days are filled with scouts!). They will probably come from 2 separate email addresses, but both will have sanders in them, so you know they aren't bad emails to delete!

Had a standard busy weekend here. I survived the AWANAs girls sleepover. DD got cranky in the morning (not enough sleep), so we went home at 8, instead of staying for the games practice. That left me with laundry and housecleaning for the day while DH finished our Webelo's arrows of light with another parent. Sunday was filled with church, etc. Now back to the grind.

I'll try to take a peek at the newsletter and photo gallery shortly. I'm sure it's awesome as always! Mary, you do such a great job on this, and I know everyone appreciates it just as much as I do.

Happy Monday all! Lisa

gail1771
02-02-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Donalds_best_pal
Sorry to keep posting but the more posts mean faster we get to 10,000. I know there was a list of all late diners, is anyone makign a list of early diners. If so it will be my family of 4. My parents, me(14) sister(5). Let me know I should make one if need be.
TTYL,
Matt

Hi Matt, I will add your family to the early dining list. I will need your parents names first and last and your sisters. I will also need you cabin number. You can post it here or e mail me. Thanks.

If anyone is inttrested in early dining you can post here or e mail me. It looks like at this moment we have 2 tables being set up for early dining.

David, (DJS113) Ilove Jet Blue and would of considered it but we had tickets that need to be reissued through Delta as we were suppose to fly this April to Disney and we had to cancel it. DH will be on a very large job at that time. So I applied those Delta Song tickets to the 12/14 flight. Delta Song only charges $25.00pp to change the tickets and I still have $49.00pp left in vouchers to use for one year. Yes, we are on the 1:55pm Delta Song flight return from MCO to LGA on 12/28.

David, are you early dining?? If you are we would love for you to join us all.

Mary, Jill, David and anyone else who filled me in on National Car Rental, I appreciate the information. Avis and Hertz wanted so much more money for the rental over $150.00-$200.00 more for 4 days. I will keep checking the rates and mabye I can go through them with the free shuttle service they offer if the rates drop.

It is going to be a sunny day in NY and 35 but tomorrow will be mostly rain and a little snow. They are talking about another snow storm on Friday. I hope they are wrong!!!!

A week and a half and we are off on our cruise. I have to start packing. Usually I am all done by now. I must start this week.

Mary, I just love that photo gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Bellsmom- Emily received your e mail and she will e mail your daughter tonight.

Have a great day everyone. Talk to you later. Fondly-Gail1771

tkd lisa
02-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Back from reading the newsletter and looking at the pictures! All I can say is WOW! What a great job!

GaRry, I really enjoyed those old photos. I can tell you must have a thing for 4 legged critters? First goats, now horses???

And (ooooh I hate it when I get a brain cramp), my mind says something hurst? from England?? Anyway, the recent Antigua cruiser. Great summary! That beach sounds really nice! I might have to visit that with the kids as well!

It was great to see the pictures. The one that surprised me most was donalds best pal, Matt. I never imagined that you were so young Matt! You must be a very mature young man! It was nice seeing you with your little sister, and it looked like you were having fun.

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 07:35 AM
OK everyone - we need at least 30 posts a day to get to 2000 before Barb leaves for Ireland. It will be a little harder than the weekend but if we push I'm sure we can finish up and give her time to spare. Come one everyone post, post, post.

:D

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 07:41 AM
OK I have a bit of a confession this morning. I had mentioned the photo gallery a couple of months ago, but the reason I didn't get it up sooner was I couldn't figure out how! I'm really new to this web hosting stuff. Thanks to Gail's suggestion to bring it up again I went back and tried again with no success and then asked DH for some help (he's much better at this than I am) since he did the online scrapbook for the Member Cruise.

Turns out the part of the program I was trying to use wasn't available to us because of how we have our web page set up. He showed me another way to get started and then it went quickly! Now I feel like I really have a handle on it.

This is such fun because I love learning new things. The best part is that I really like the fact that many more people are participating. I think that is what will make this cruise so great.

Part of me wants to be leaving tomorrow, but the part of me that has to pay for it is glad it is still months off.:D

So thanks to Gail for the little push. Special thanks to Mark for being patient with me and showing me how!

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Has anyone checked out pricing of this cruise lately vs. what you booked it at?

I like to check out DCL online from time to time and see what they are currently selling our category at. I checked it back in Nov. and for the two of us the price had jumped almost $700. Checked it again this morning and the price had gone up over $1000 from our original booking price. It pays to book early!

djs113
02-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Gail,

yes the 4 of us are early seating as well

I think I posted this to one of your earlier questions about 25 pages back

LOL

- David

jilljill
02-02-2004, 08:46 AM
Has anyone checked out pricing of this cruise lately vs. what you booked it at?

I just checked a Cat. 10 and it has gone up $600. We do not need the transfers and we did not purchase the insurance.

afff
02-02-2004, 08:50 AM
DJS 113.........

My DD will just of turned 10 ( she'll play with anyone, age doesn't matter to her) and DS will be 6.5

Is 2BellesMom trying to get email addresses for the kids?

DVC4US
02-02-2004, 08:57 AM
WOW! You guys have been busy. I was off the boards for the weekend and I had to read 10 pages to get caught up. We had a Superbowl party (with about 25 people) last night, so I was working on that all weekend. And I am still trying to recover today.:crazy: The kids are on a 2 hour delay this morning from school. We have about 4-6 inches of snow on the ground and we are going to get another 4-6 inches today. It is snowing like crasy as I type.

Mary - I will try to get a picture to you today. Thanks for all the hard work on the newletters and the website.

garRy - any news on the April 10 cruise? I made our final payment last week. With all this snow and cold weather I can't wait to be there.::yes::

LeiLani

afff
02-02-2004, 09:03 AM
2BellesMom..........I just read your post

My kids don't know about the cruise yet, but as soon as they do I'll make sure the kids email each other.

I PM'ed myself to remind me who has kids approximately the same ages as ours.

"Verandahman" from another thread is sending my kids Postcards from some Disney Characters to invite them on the cruise.
I can't wait to see their faces with they read them.

Cruisin'goose
02-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Well if I must use d w then sooo be it.
GOOD MORNIG ALL, could not get logged in uder me ?????
thats fine anyways moving along.
Mary I will try and send out the pics today not sure what she tryied??????
My pictures are really old from antigua didnot use a good camera either. If you think about it I was a mud marine so you never took anything good in the field with you. I do want to check and see if that old building is still there???????? years later people was saying how nice it was there and all I could think of was BOY did I get the wrong side of the island. I think there was a school by that building. Its like key west, I was there when the cubans came in. not the same as then. On the western cruise they said key west was a port of call ???? there was no place back then for any ship that size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot different then.
well so far the kids report cards say NOPE to apr. 10 cruise. or just no kids ::yes:: :wave2: :hyper: :hyper: :teeth:
would that be MEAN to go with out them AGAIN ?????????
must get some work done .

gaRry

tkd lisa
02-02-2004, 10:03 AM
Matt: I just saw another post by you where you're in your early teens. I guess I thought you were more around 17 or so (similar to Vicki and GaRry's kids). Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just impressed that you're doing so much work for your folks! I know it's fun, but I can't imagine my kids doing this even 2 or 3 years from now.

Got to keep these posts up to hit 2000!

lneeley
02-02-2004, 10:22 AM
Wow, I'm gone for 17 hours and I have to read all these new pages! But, I don't mind.

How about that superbowl? Thank goodness we had run to the airport during halftime to pick up Robert's DD and son-in-law, so we didn't have to see Janet Jackson expose herself. We taped it, and Jamie (11) she wants to watch it and we both put our foot down and said NO. Just don't think that is very appropriate for her age. THAT'S WHY WE LOVE DISNEY. Good, clean, fun. It just makes you feel good thinking about it.

I've got a busy day, but I'll keep checking back. The kids had a great time on their 7 day RCL cruise. They didn't get to go to Grand Cayman because the water was so rough they couldn't tender in, so they added a third sea day. I was hoping the son-in-law would enjoy it, so he would be excited about the 10 day. I wasn't sure he would like cruisin, but he came back and said he had a great time and he is ready for the 10 day. (Well, not quite, he said he needed to get rid of his sea legs). They also said they learned alot and are making a list of things right now that they should have taken so they are better prepared for their next cruise. I told them, the more you cruise, the more you learn about all those other little things to bring.

Anyway, someone else mentioned they were going to Hawaii. I know that we have one family going to Oahu in April, we are going to Maui in April, who else is going and when? If possible, we could meet up!

Have a great day!

lneeley
02-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Mary-you're awesome. The newsletter is great.

Angela-thanks for all the info on Antigua, now I'm excited to share with the family. Was there any snorkeling going on at Runaway Bay? did they have snorkel gear to rent there or did you have to bring your own. With our grandchildren, the beach idea is probably the best thing to do, but I know the grown boys want to do some snorkeling also.

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi gang - checking in while I eat my sandwhich over lunch at work.

Looks like we've been active this morning. Let's keep it up!

athurstance
02-02-2004, 12:28 PM
I didn't notice any snorkeling so I would take your own kit if you are really keen. The sand is lovely but I didn't notice anything much worth looking at in the water.

Angela

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Angela,

You mentioned Nelson's Dockyard in your write-up. What is it exactly? I saw it mentioned on Cruise Critic as well in a couple of write-ups.

Thanks!

Donalds_best_pal
02-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Lisa: No offense taken. I like when people think I am older then I am. I look young for my age becuase I am small but I sound really old. LOL I am disney nut and do all our disney planning. Looking forward to meeting you all on the Lisa.
Have a Disney Day,

athurstance
02-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Nelson's dockyard is an old harbour. I believe it has restored buildings with some kind of naval museum. As far as I know it is still a working harbour with yachts etc using it to dock. Lord Nelson was actually based there himself - it was called 'English Harbour' then and renamed after him later.

We didn't visit it ourselves although I would like to make the effort to see it when we are there in December as it sounds kind of interesting.

Angela

gail1771
02-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Happy Monday everyone.

David (DJS113), I am sorry I did not add you to the early dining but I am doing it as soon as I stop typing. I am so excitied that you are joining us. Emily will be so psyched as she will have someone she has met sitting next to us. We neeed to set a date up to get together with the children. When we get back from our cruise on2/23 I will e mail you that week so we can setr up a date.

Anyone else who is intrested in early dining and sitting with us can post it here or e mail me. Thanks.

Mary, I actually checked the price on our cabin last week and it went up about $1,000.00. We were on the same thinking path. I am so glad we booked ahead that is our spending money that we saved from booking early.

wdwgoose
02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
WELL I did it!!!!!!!!
this computer :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

jillybean ooopps your HIGHNESS are you looking for sharon room hostess??????????
deck 8 aft.????????????? and a waitor name vikki???????????
I'll get your own cork screw remover thing ?????????????
if not that then I'll pay for dinner on the cruise ???????????????
ALRIGHT one very aged and chilled bottle of strawberrrie hill.
THATS my last offer!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NOW my e mail has not been working today, still trying to send pics to Mary. will keep trying::yes:: ::yes::

time for supper will be back after.

gaRry

justmestace
02-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Wow! Everyone has been busy! I left to watch the Super Bowl & Survivor, fell asleep, got up, went to work, and you all have 3 more pages!!!
Ineeley...I was hoping that little display of Janet Jackson's was fake!? My DS (age 10) was in the room! Don't know how they get away with that junk. She's just as weird as her brother. (sorry if there are any Michael fans left out there...that's just MHO).
My whole day got messed up today. I totally forgot it was payroll and end-of-the-month book time, so I had to stay WAY longer than I wanted to. Would have called in sick, but I sleep with the "boss", so he'd know I was faking.
Anyway, I'm going to look at Mary's Wall of Fame, and then make dinner.
Will check in later, and see if we have 3 more pages to catch up on!

2belles'mom
02-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Hello all!

Back to rain, rain, rain, here in the northwest :rolleyes:

aff, djs113 (and anyone else with little ones in the 6-8 or so set)--

PM or email me (if you email me make sure you request clearance with my vigilant spam-blocker service!) with the email address/names of your kiddos--Katja would love to email them.

jilljill
02-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Busy fingers again today :tongue:

I received an email from Karyn (kabuli1) today, here's a bit of what she had to say:
"Rained during sail away and the trip down FL was in gale force winds - but no waves - we were really bouncing all over the place from the wind. Pretty weird. it's beautiful and hot not and mostly sunny. Tea at Palo today....."

I wish I was there with her and her family ::yes::

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Sounds like she is having a great time. Wish the weather was better for them. Hoping they have beautiful days ahead.

wdwgoose
02-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Mary not sure my e mail was right ?????????
maybee the picture didnot go in attactchment ?????????????
could only get one ???????

REALLY SORRY if I goofed????????

gaRry

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 06:31 PM
gaRry, got 2 e-mails from you both with the same picture. It is the one of you and Vicki. Now I just need the kids!

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 06:33 PM
2 great additions to the photo gallery.

Our own gaRry modeling the shirt he created for his last cruise (and showing a corkscrew). With him is his lovely wife Vicki.

Also put up tonight is dancind's beautiful family.

The gallery is looking great guys - so nice to get to "see" everyone!

lneeley
02-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Our photo gallery is looking awesome. So tell me gaRry, I've been wondering since I joined this board, what's the deal with the capital R in your name? I am not sure if your name is really Garry but everyone forgets your second "R", or if there is some secret story to your name. I'm just curious, I was thinking it was maybe something from a previous cruise and since I don't have all that history with you, I thought I'd ask! Anyway, I just wanted to get close and personal (HA) and thought I'd ask.

Looks like our numbers are moving along. Hope we reach 2000 soon!

wdwgoose
02-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Mary hope they got too you?????????? you might regret those.

HIGHNESS ?????????????????????

wELL Linda now that we gonna be close and perrrsonal:earseek: ::yes:: :yo-yo: :earseek:

the last cruise old Joe started that. Garry but cruisers would leave out a r so Joe started R in my name. small g big R now . short story dull nothing exiting right??????

old Joe post on here a few times!!!! he was the only one to join me in watching the magic come in. (don't think he'll EVER do that again) with out a taxi. By the way the list is almost full for the next time!!!!! its a morning that you will NEVER forget !!!!!!!!!!

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-02-2004, 07:55 PM
okay now I see why I pick on jilljill soooooo much ::yes::
:grouphug:
gattta luv me :firefight :jumping1: :firefight

ANYONE want to order t shirts now ??????????? still have a few of those left ???? first come first gets

gaRry

jilljill
02-02-2004, 08:21 PM
okay now I see why I pick on jilljill soooooo much ::yes::
:grouphug:

gaRry
Can you fill me on this one!!!
I really don't mind because like I always say: "I only pick on the ones I really like!!!" :teeth: ::yes:: :yo-yo:

jilljill
02-02-2004, 08:23 PM

I just re-read this statement. It this a fireman's requirement to know this statement and repeat it to me?!?

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Anyone remember the Dinosaur show - "I'm the baby - got to love me"!

WDWLVR
02-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Mary hope they got too you?????????? you might regret those.

Got them and they are up!

justmestace
02-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Mary...I loved that show!! "Gotta Love Me" and "Not the Mama". We heard a lot of that around our house! :D

justmestace
02-02-2004, 09:47 PM
And I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures on our "Wall of Fame"!!
What a great idea!

Christmas2004
02-02-2004, 11:11 PM

old Joe... was the only one to join me in watching the magic come in. (don't think he'll EVER do that again) with out a taxi.

GarRy... having you considered staying at the new RonJon resort? The entrance to this resort is right outside Jetty Park, so it's an easy stroll to the ship channel.

wdwgoose
02-03-2004, 05:50 AM
HAAAY HAAAAY HAAAY !!!!!!!!

GOOOOD MORNING ALL
okay pictures looking GREAT thanks Mary, yes dd is looking for her KING !!!!!! so she wanted something other than her sweat shirt pic. ANY KINGS OUT THERE ????????

Barb your d h is really tall. ireland ???????? okay :wave:

christmas2004 geat to have you posting keep it up :yo-yo:
that must be what they were buildind on the south side of the park. it did look like a hotel thing. is it open yet ???????
still think the radision for us but maybee if we get that way a good place for a room too watch the ships come in and out :earseek:
well just my luck I have the week off now til friday:jester: :smooth: :confused: :wave2:
changed shifts for about 8 mo.
back to my coffee pot. lets keep jilljill rolling along ???????!!!!

gaRry

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 06:29 AM
Good morning everyone! Lots of snow here and the temps are dropping!

gaRry - that is a beautiful picture of Vanessa.

wdwgoose
02-03-2004, 06:59 AM
NO SCHOOL TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 outside and dropping freezing rain turning to snow later.
YUCK YUCK YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vented okay now its going too be a nice day later.

gaRry

jilljill
02-03-2004, 07:06 AM
NO SCHOOL TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38 outside and dropping freezing rain turning to snow later.
YUCK YUCK YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vented okay now its going too be a nice day later.

gaRry
EEEEEWWWWW!!!!!! That's not good.

I guess you are referring to DH being tall in reference to the tree background in my DD's picture?!? The only one in the picture is DD, will have to add our's when we get back from Ireland.

wdwgoose
02-03-2004, 07:22 AM
YEP YEP YEP YEP
thats it
Do you know other Firefighters that say that too you ???????

Do they have green boonesfarm in ireland ??????? or is it that its NOT exportable ?????? maybee the do there own over there??????????
HELP ROAD TRIP NEEDED W D W i REALLY NEED A VACATION warm temps no work maybee I should retire ??????? NOPE the retires I know don't have time for anything. so guess not.

AM I VENTING ENOUGH YET ??????????????

gaRry

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 07:45 AM
gaRry - looks like you are getting what we had yesterday and overnight. Luckily we had more snow than the freezing rain. It is still coming down. Mark went out this morning to clear the drive and sidewalk and by the time he was done it was getting covered again (but at least it is clear enough we can both get out to work).

Days like this will help us appreciate the cruise even more!

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 07:47 AM
Only 111 more posts to get to 2000. We can easily go over the 1900 mark today - especially if gaRry is home. :D

gaRry - get the kids their own DIS id's and let them log on. Who knows Vanessa might just find her King!

gail1771
02-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone.

Rain in Ny today. The temp. will rise to about 40. I am so glad it is rain and the kids went to school. I have been at that gym 3x a week to get back in shape. I am so upset that I have been going for 3 weeks now and no weight is coming off!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I am gaining muscle but I really want that 15 lbs off before the summer so I can keep it off for our cruise on 12/18. I can tell the older you get the harder it is to get off.

I am finally starting to pack for our trip next week. I need to go buy another suitcase as our zipper broke on the last trip.

Have a good day everyone. Fondly-Gail

lneeley
02-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone! Let's hit that 2000 today. Thanks for the story on the name gaRry. Tell me the scoop on the t-shirts, I might be interested in getting them for our whole group.

Snow here this morning, took me twice as long as normal to get to work. We had 25 days in January in a row that it never got above freezing. We still have our 30 inches of snow from Christmas that has never melted. Quite unusual for the valley of Salt Lake. It usually snows, but then warms up enough to melt. But we need the snow! We have been in that western drought for 5 years and we need to fill up those reservoirs since those Californians use so much water! Heard we are starting to restrict their water usage this year between Hoover Dam and California!

Anyway, guess I need to finish reading my morning emails and get to work. I'll check in occasionally. Have a great day everyone!

tkd lisa
02-03-2004, 10:55 AM
We have schools closed here today! I didn't even check, cause I didnt' hear any sleet on the windows. It turns out that the temp was DROPPING, so the freezing rain hit about 6:30. Now it's up to 40, so it's just rain, but it's really heavy rain.

Been a crazy day here, between work and cub scouts, so I'll sign off. Just wanted to contribute to the 1900 count! Lisa

Donalds_best_pal
02-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to check in and say hi. Also wanted to contribute to reaching our goal. I am school and its cold. Only 56 and dreay out. LOL not as bad as some of you. ITs nice being able to use my laptop at school so I can keep tabs on whats going on in the boards.
TTYL,

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Matt - nice to see you checking in. 56 would be a heat wave here! :D

Checking in while having lunch at my desk.

Here's to a good posting day!

lneeley
02-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Hey Matt-I wish it was that warm here in Utah. It has been snowing since early this morning. I think we are getting the storm that came through Calif.

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Linda,

Can you please send that snow up to Canada - don't want any more here in the Chicago area!:D

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Ok guys - lunch is over - back to work I go. Happy posting! Can we make it to 1925 by the end of the day? Wouldn't that be wonderful?

lneeley
02-03-2004, 12:54 PM
I'd love to send some snow your way! It's now noon here MST and it is still snowing!

DVC4US
02-03-2004, 01:31 PM
I have to agree with Mary, let's send that snow to Canada. It's sunny out today but we have about 10 inches of snow on the ground and the temperature has dropped to the single digits again with a wind chill below zero. I don't mind the snow so much, but I hate when it gets frigid outside.

Unfortunately Mary we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow. YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!:crazy2: And usually what we get moves your way. I'll keep my fingers crossed all day to see if the weather report changes.

LeiLani

jilljill
02-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Woohoo!!! #1900
Little things can please some people.

justmestace
02-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Just popping in to say hi before I start packing for my next two trips. Trying to help push the numbers!
A little rain here this a.m., but we love it. Sun's trying to come out now.
I have to go try to figure out what to pack for my week in Nebraska. It's been awhile since I was there in the winter. I'm thinking I must be crazy!

:crazy2:

Stacey

justmestace
02-03-2004, 02:27 PM
P.S. Hooray Jilljill on #1900!!!! Good Job! I'm sending you a pm .

jilljill
02-03-2004, 02:33 PM
YEP YEP YEP YEP
thats it
Do you know other Firefighters that say that too you ???????

Do they have green boonesfarm in ireland ??????? or is it that its NOT exportable ?????? maybee the do there own over there??????????
gaRry
I actually do know another crazy :firefight that says that same statement to me. It must be the smoke that makes you all think alike.

It's probably illegal to export that stuff anywhere :laughing:

jilljill
02-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by justmestace
P.S. Hooray Jilljill on #1900!!!! Good Job! I'm sending you a pm .
PM'd you back.

wdwgoose
02-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Mary just got 2 types of outlines for the shirts. she said WAY to big to e mail. so I will send them out to you , not what I thought better I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay t shirt prices are about $15.00 and collar polo type shirts about $ 30.00. NOW no one has desided on the final design YET !!!!!!!!! so this just lets you have a price range. only!!!!
as soon as I can send the 2 outlays to Mary then they can do there thing and put them so everyone can look at .......
color shirts ect. white or very dark colors NOT going to work.
okay as soon as they come up I can add more info. If you look at the 2002 shirt dis cruisers & the date can be added.

WELL I see we are moving right along.

KAbuli 1 have you found my friends yet ?????? vikki the waitor and sharon C. room hostess deck 8 aft????????????????

gaRry

Donalds_best_pal
02-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi Guys,
I got 1 period of school to go. YAY! We got heavy rain last night with last flood warnings. People went nuts here but it was not that bad.

Lisa: Email me about hawaii:msett@cox.net

Well hope all your cold and snow leaves. I will be posting again later this evening. Have a nice afternoon and evening.
Have Disney Day,
Matt:earsboy:

Cruisin'goose
02-03-2004, 04:14 PM
WOW!!

A person goes to work for a day and you all go wild.
Kids didn't have school again today, wish I could have a few icy/snow days. Things have been crazy at work :crazy:.

Mary I cannot wait for you to see the layout possibility for the shirts. It really is cool. I'm not sure how it will look on lime green shirts but it is cool. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Hey if jilljill got # 1900 who has dibs on 2000?

Have a great evening.

Vicki

WVMD
02-03-2004, 04:45 PM
See JillJill - I didn't try and snipe 1900.......

I'm still waiting on 10,000........... :teeth: If you're going to snipe a post - snipe the BIG one..... (Just teasing GarRy!!!)

The ER is a hopping today - must be coming up on a full moon.....

We had rain today - and it's supposed to freeze up over nite. Hope that it's staying cold - as we're scheduled to go to Snowshoe (great ski resort in WV - not as good as out West - but one of the best in the East) - over Valentine's Day....

Hope everyone is safe and warm....

Sorry to see that the weather has been bad for all of the 1/31 cruisers - I got a pic of the Magic leaving port in the rain for them

Take care!

Virgil

pirate:

tkd lisa
02-03-2004, 06:00 PM
How's everyone this evening? I logged on at home so that I could FINALLY send Mary our pictures! Of course, we're still dial up internet, so it's taken about 10 minutes to send, which let me check the thread. Congrats on 1900 Barb!

Mary, let me know if you don't get the pictures. There are two of them, from our Jan 03 trip.

Matt, was I the Lisa you were asking about Hawaii? If so, I"ll probably get you the info over the weekend, cause I have to find my friend's email and stuff. I know she's still at the same place cause I got a Christmas calendar from her (cool pictures of Hawaii, way better than a standard card!)

Hope everyone gets warmer soon. We still have rain, and it's supposed to stay above freezing here.

Virgil, try to stay sane. I can't imagine the madhouse in the mountains with this amount of freezing rain!

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Lisa - I didn't get anything from you. Could you have been using my old e-mail account (the Prodigy one). We switched a couple of months ago. My e-mail is marygums@covad.net

wdwgoose
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
WHAT HAPPEN ? ? ? ? ? ?
WE NOT MOVING VERY FAST TODAY ???????????
my fault. I will make up for it tom morrow
WVMD you gots lots of babies ???????????? or just nuts ????

I see you got your M back. d w still thinks thats funnie.

KABULI1 ? ? ? JILLYBEAN ????? YOUR HIGHNESS ?????????
randy ???? yoooooo boat people yoooooooooo

will be at the snail mail and sending out daaa package.
sorry Barb you can see them when you get back ???????????
well almost bed time. got moved to a different shift so will be working others days. guess really not w d w nexted weekend :confused: :mad: :(
have a good night all.

gaRry

jilljill
02-03-2004, 08:07 PM
KABULI1 ? ? ? JILLYBEAN ????? YOUR HIGHNESS ?????????
randy ???? yoooooo boat people yoooooooooo
gaRry
Haven't heard from Karyn in a couple of days. I guess they are having way tooooo much fun to get on the computer. Oh to be them right now :hyper: :sunny:

Hey pirate: I actually stumbled upon 1900 completely by accident. I was just checking the boards and saw 1899 and I figured I better get 1900, you never know who will be around to snipe 2000 away. Yes gaRry better watch out - I think a lot of people are going to want 10,000.

WDWLVR
02-03-2004, 08:08 PM
gaRry & Vicki - can't wait to see what she came up with on the shirts. Mark likes the idea of the Polo shirts - he loves them.

I was hoping we'd get more posts today, but we did go over 1900 so that is great. Need to get to 2000 for Barb before she goes.

WVMD
02-03-2004, 08:12 PM
GarRy - I'm glad your DW liked the missing "M" - but I really don't want to be known as WVD....:eek: Could be difficult to explain...
:earseek:

Oh well... Back to work.....:wave:

jilljill
02-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by WVMD
GarRy - I'm glad your DW liked the missing "M" - but I really don't want to be known as WVD....:eek: Could be difficult to explain...
:earseek:

Oh well... Back to work.....:wave:
Even more difficult since you work in the ER ::yes:: :earseek:

WVMD
02-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Wow - I'm now a "DIS Veteran" instead of a "Welcomed Guest"

Makes me feel sooooo SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

gail1771
02-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone.

Virgil, I hope it is a quiet night in the ER for you.

Gary, If you are working I hope the same for you as well.
I can't wait to see those t shirts DH would love a t shirt and a polo shirt as well. I like the polo shirt idea, very cool.

It is finally quiet in our house. The children are asleep and I can play on the computer.

Karyn, I'm thinking of you all. I'm sure you are having an awesome time.

2BellsMom, I am so so sorry Emily has not e mailed you daughter yet. She feel asleep early last night and tonight she was being punished for not using her listening skills and giving her brother markers that he is not allowed to have because he would write all over our walls with them!!! Hopefully tomorrow night.

Have a good night everyone. Fondly, Gail

2belles'mom
02-03-2004, 08:45 PM
I am sooo happy! Got DSL up and running last night instead of slow dial-up. :hyper:

Gail 1771--don't worry about it! We haven't had access anyway, due to DSL switch over. AND we are in the crunch of the work/school week, which always means craziness and no time for anything around here.

At least its not raining...

2belles'mom
02-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Matt--

I emailed you about Hawaii...

(I am having trouble managing/figuring out my email with the switch to DSL--I had to change from earthlink to MSN :( )

lneeley
02-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Well, looks like we had a slow day. Hope we get some real movement tomorrow. I want to see that 2000th post!

Have a great night everyone!

Donalds_best_pal
02-03-2004, 11:47 PM
Good Evening Guys,
I emailed you a reply about Hawaii. Lisa, I see you were at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge in december. When were you there? We stopped by there for a few days also. Dec 19-23rd we were there. I am assuming you are DVC than right? We joined on our cruise last march. Hopefully we will reach 2000 soon. Nothing new for me to say now. Oh well, talk to you all tommorow. Dont let the bed bugs bite;)
Have a Disney Night!
Matt:earsboy:

Donalds_best_pal
02-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I just noticed the pictures I sent in. The one shows me wearing all the pins. The other one shows my dad wearing them, I had to just clarify they are not his! lol They are all mine, I have no clue why he was wearing them in that pic. I now have a pin book becuase it was getting heavy wearing 4 lanyards. I will bring all my pins on the cruise. I had to clarify that with everyone!
LOL,
Matt:hyper:

justmestace
02-04-2004, 12:54 AM
We were hoping for 1925 before the day was over. It's almost midnight here, so I guess I'll push a few. :teeth:

justmestace
02-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Well, I went to work today, then the gym, and home to pack. I have the packing done for both trips. Yea!
I'm excited to see this suite in Vegas. It's 2-story with a 786 sq ft patio. Guess if I can't have a suite on the cruise, I may as well spoil myself in Vegas. The living space is 1400 sq ft. Sounds like fun.

justmestace
02-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Two more minutes until it is tomorrow. 1925!!
Now I am going to bed. The stupid arthritis in my shoulder is killing me after the cold and rain today. :(

Manana everyone!!

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 05:43 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL
wow did pretty good last night. thank you all. so there is something to living way out west ??? 3 hours later.

Mary I will be at the post office this morning, now these 2 are just a great starting point, the ship will have the gold at the top and red at the water line. other than that ???????? all the blue is where the color of the shirt would be. the ship can be more detail by adding color to other parts of it. the four colors we are useing are black white red gold. we can use these any where in the logo at no other charge. each color added
= $1.00 per shirt. NOW again these prices are just about !!!!
when everything is all done then I'll have the exact price. the big thing is which shirts. t shists I think will stay about the same.
polo shirts there are lower cost. w/ without pockets same as t shirts. okay back to the coffee pot for now AND KIDS TO SCHOOL YEAHHHHHHH !!!!!!

gaRry

tkd lisa
02-04-2004, 06:28 AM
Morning all! Mary, I'm sure I was using your old address. It was the email that gave us the password for the newsletter back when we first booked. I'll have to send it again. Probably tomorrow since tonight is Girl Scouts/kids choir.

I didn't realize 2 belle's mom is a Lisa also. That was what was confusing me! Now if we can get her in chat, along with me and lbgraves, we'll have 3 Lisa's and 3 Mary's!!

Has anyone since Jungle Book on Ice? The kids program on base is taking a trip to the Baltimore show next Friday and I wondered if it was worth the trip? Pretty good price, $20 for ticket and bus ride.

Virgil, glad to hear from you. Understand why that extra letter is important!!!

Have a good day all! Lisa

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 06:29 AM
Good morning everyone! Great job on getting to 1925. Stacey thanks for your dedication to get to it before you went to bed!

gaRry I'll be on the lookout for your package. You should be getting your pictures back today as they went out Monday night. Let me know if you don't and I'll track them.

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by tkd lisa
Morning all! Mary, I'm sure I was using your old address. It was the email that gave us the password for the newsletter back when we first booked. I'll have to send it again. Probably tomorrow since tonight is Girl Scouts/kids choir.

Sorry about that Lisa- yes when I started I was on the Prodigy account. Then we went to covad for DSL which I love.

Let's me be in chat even when Mark is online :D He doesn't get in chat as much anymore as he's usually doing online racing. Our last two cruises he did chat from the ship. Sunday DVC chat while on the Member Cruise and Cruise chat on our May cruise.

:chat:

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Ok everyone this is 1930. That means we have 3 days to get 70 posts. Piece of cake! Let's try and do it in 2 days and let Barb do her packing on that last day!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 06:45 AM
sounds GREAT Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but !!!!! we could just do it all TODAY ! ! ! !

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
lets do it . :earseek: :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper:

well I'm out to take care of things and then back to the boards,

post at 9 am. then oh ya breakfast there some where.
still talking to D W about apr. 10 son has NOT good grades so still working on those things .

gaRry

DVC4US
02-04-2004, 06:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Just adding my post in the search for 2000. We have another winter storm warning posted for tonight through Friday. They say anywhere from 4-8 inches of snow. Oh Joy:crazy2: I sure can't wait for our trip to WDW in March. I don't have a countdown clock because we are only suppose to have 2, but I figure 37 days and counting. YEAH!!!:jumping3

justmestace - I know you said before, but where are you staying in Vegas. We are from there and still have family there. We stayed at the Venetian last summer when we went to visit. Hope you have a great trip.

LeiLani

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 06:56 AM
sounds GREAT Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but !!!!! we could just do it all TODAY ! ! ! !

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
lets do it . :earseek: :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper:

well I'm out to take care of things and then back to the boards,

post at 9 am. then oh ya breakfast there some where.
still talking to D W about apr. 10 son has NOT good grades so still working on those things .

gaRry

I'm up for it if everyone else is! Just remember to try and save #2000 for jilljill - no pirate: :D

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 06:57 AM
LeiLani - since Linda wasn't able to divert the snow away from you - can you try and divert it away from us. I'm sick of snow!

We're supposed to get more snow tomorrow night so it most likely is that storm.

Take care and stay warm!

jilljill
02-04-2004, 06:59 AM
Stacey, I would love to see a picture of the suite in Vegas. My parents go there about twice a year, used to be more but not now. We love it out there too, but love WDW and DCL more.
I can't beleive you are packed for both your trips. I haven't even begun to think about what to pack for Saturday. Oh well, if I forget it I will just buy it. Any excuse to go shopping - like I need an excuse ::yes::

jilljill
02-04-2004, 07:02 AM
NO SNOW - keep that stuff away from the east coast!!!!! I don't want my flight to be delayed or cancelled because of it. We want :sunny: only.

DVC4US
02-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Mary,

I will do my best to divert the snow from your area and ours. I can keep wishing anyway.:goodvibes Snow, snow go away come again... in about 4 years! :laughing: Unfortunately Mary, Chicago is pretty much on a straight line with Cedar Falls so I wouldn't hold my breath.:faint: I will try to get the pictures emailed to you today, the last couple of days have been really busy. Take care and stay warm.

LeiLani

DVC4US
02-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Barb,

I will keep my fingers crossed that the snow stays away from the East Coast. Hope you have a great trip.

LeiLani

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Lisa - got your pics at my work e-mail! I'm sending them home now.

If anyone is going to send pictures in for the photo gallery please send them to me at marygums@covad.net.

If you saved any old e-mails of mine from when I started you might have my old e-mail address or even my work address (as I was e-mail some people the password over lunch). Please only use the covad address.

Thanks!

DisneyPinDiva
02-04-2004, 07:43 AM
:wizard:
Good morning everyone... thought I'd cheer you all up by reporting that it's 8:41am and already 70 here in sunny South Florida.... :sunny:

jilljill
02-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by DisneyPinDiva
Good morning everyone... thought I'd cheer you all up by reporting that it's 8:41am and already 70 here in sunny South Florida.... :sunny:
Please send some of that up I-95! :)

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by DVC4US
Mary,

I will do my best to divert the snow from your area and ours. I can keep wishing anyway.:goodvibes Snow, snow go away come again... in about 4 years! :laughing: Unfortunately Mary, Chicago is pretty much on a straight line with Cedar Falls so I wouldn't hold my breath.:faint: I will try to get the pictures emailed to you today, the last couple of days have been really busy. Take care and stay warm.

LeiLani

LeiLani - I know what you mean. You get it first, then it hits me, then it goes right over to gaRry in Michigan!

Barb - we'll try and keep the bad weather away from you so you don't get delayed! Sending more of those good vibrations :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 07:47 AM

Leslie - I agree with Barb - send that sunshine up North!

DisneyPinDiva
02-04-2004, 07:51 AM
Wish I could! LOL

Technical question for all you technowizards out there. How do I get that lovely countdown clock and can I put it on my desktop somehow?
You can email me privately or post here if you want to up the count...LOL Please explain in 2nd grader language because I am technologically impaired.
Thanks!

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Wish I could! LOL

Technical question for all you technowizards out there. How do I get that lovely countdown clock and can I put it on my desktop somehow?
You can email me privately or post here if you want to up the count...LOL Please explain in 2nd grader language because I am technologically impaired.
Thanks!

Leslie - go here Get your countdowns here! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381216)

That will explain everything. It should work on your desktop. I used the code to put it on our web page for the cruise.

Good luck!

WVMD
02-04-2004, 08:09 AM
DisneyPinDiva,

Go here for your countdown clock:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=381216

The instructions are fairly simple. Don't think you can put the clock on your desktop - but I'll see if I can come up with another way to do it.

Virgil

pirate:

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 08:13 AM
You know I think Virgil is right - it works on the web page because it is a script but won't work on a desktop. There is another countdown timer for desktops that I use at home called Disneytime. Not sure where we got it as it was a while ago.

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Couldn't find that one - but did find this.
Magical Countdown Clock (http://www.magicalmountain.net/wdwcountdownclock/WDWCountdownClock.asp)

gail1771
02-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Good morning. Happy Wedensday everyone.

We went to the Disney on Ice 2 weeks ago. It was Jungle book, Lion King and Tarzan. The kids LOVED it. It was agreat show. That is a great price you got w/ transportation. Our tickets were $28.00(used a $5.00 discount card) and we were 5 rows off the floor off center. They came home of course with lots of WDW toys.

NY is suppose to get a rainy mix on Friday all day and Saturday depending on how cold it gets it is either rain or snow. Yuck!!!!!!!
I hope it is all rain and washes everything away.

Talk to you soon.

Fondly, Gail

jilljill
02-04-2004, 08:34 AM
I have a couple of messages to pass along from Karyn:

tell LeiLani I couldn't find Key Kats, but I looked and Golden Mickeys is on Monday (formal) night

Here's the answer for gaRry's rquest:

haven't seen either - but I'll keep an eye out.

justmestace
02-04-2004, 08:34 AM
jilljill,
I have packed two cameras for Las Vegas, there will be alot of pictures! I just wish it were going to be a little warmer, to enjoy that patio. (What a whiner!)
Have a good day, everryone....will do my best later to get us to 2000.
Stacey

justmestace
02-04-2004, 08:40 AM
LeiLani,
This time we are staying at the MGM Grand. The first weekend in March is a suite at the Mirage, then 2 weeks later, a 2-bedroom suite at the MGM again. I've never stayed at the MGM before, but have never really cared for their layout and casino.....but the rooms are free...so who's to complain?
Stacey

DVC4US
02-04-2004, 09:01 AM
I have to agree with you Stacey, anytime you can get a free room in Vegas you can't complain. We really liked the Venetian last year. I stayed at Mandalay Bay once before and it was also very nice. I would like to check out their new tower. We want to stay at the Bellagio next. Since we have family in Vegas it is not much of a vacation that's why we like WDW and DCL. Have a great trip.

LeiLani

WVMD
02-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Stacey - I wanna go.... :teeth:

I actually like the MGM - of course now the Venetian or Paris are my two favorites..... Always depends on where I win and get comped the best.... ::yes::

Hopefully going to go in March to a conference - that is if the DW allows me..... :p

Had a quick turnaround from 1-10p last night and now I'm working 7-3... and I'm getting run over....

Back to the patients....

Virgil
pirate:

DVC4US
02-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Barb,

If you talk to Karyn again, tell her thanks for the info. Another post to reach our goal.

LeiLani

jilljill
02-04-2004, 09:13 AM
LeiLani,
I will pass along the message to Karyn.
Barb

DVC4US
02-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Mary,

I just sent you our pictures. Let me know if there is a problem.

LeiLani

Donalds_best_pal
02-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
I am eating breakfast as I type this. Just thought I would pop in and say hi before I head for school. 2000 here we come.
TTYL

Matt:bounce:

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 09:54 AM
WOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
i LEAVE FOR A SHORT TIME AND !!!!!!!!!!!!G R E A T
NOT SURE WHERE TO START ???????
jilljill could you please ask karyn to ask about sharon Cayso??
her and her kids were a guessed at our home for a few months.
so just trying to touch base with her. I'm not very good at writing letters. so we lose touch. deck 8 aft. if shes not working then the other person there should know of her. THANK YOU AND THANK YOU Karyn.......
now finished breakfast and got to get going again .....

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 09:59 AM
sorry OOOOOOPPSSSS
tell her its fromm Garry & Vicki Gose from Michigan

just in case she doesn't know who wdwgoose is ?????

THANK YOU AGAIN OKAY I owe you 2 bottles of great wine....

as soon as I can get those corks in them bottles:teeth: :hyper:

gaRry

lneeley
02-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Boy, I posted right before the news, went to bed, got up, came in to work, and you've added three more pages! I guess I am going to have to get up earlier to keep up with you guys on the east coast!

Thanks Leslie for asking about the countdown timers. I am technoligically impared also, so hopefully I can figure out.

Okay, gotta get some work done. I'll keep checking throughout the day.

Oh, and it is STILL SNOWING HERE, I'm trying to send up to Canada, but that current is sending it south instead of north!

Linda

tkd lisa
02-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Man, we're definitly cooking for the 2000 count!! Mary, sorry I sent it to the wrong email! I'm just glad you got it!

We've worked out our cub scout banquet fiasco. The location we were using for our dinner holds 100. We had 160 rsvps, which of course were given very late! Luckily we found another site. Now we just have to notify everyone of the change! Only 3 more months as committee chair, then I won't have to worry about this ever again!

Lisa

lneeley
02-04-2004, 11:21 AM
Boy, we are almost to 2000! Let's keep posting. Still snowing!

lneeley
02-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Oh, and I got my countdown timer on my desktop, so how do I attach it to the bottom of my posts?

Linda

WVMD
02-04-2004, 11:44 AM
lneeley,

Go here for your countdown clock:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=381216

BTW - this is post 1965...:earseek:

gail1771
02-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone.

I am totally annoyed and stressed. I booked my airline tickets around the school calendar for 2005 but there was a change in the calendar. I was just informed. I originally was pulling Emily out of second grade classes for a total of 5 days and now dates were moved around on the calendar and she is missing 7 days of school.
I am now wondering if I should change the tickets and stay at WDW after the cruise eventhough I will dread all the crowds. It will cost us $100.00 to change all 4 tickets, change the time share and they do have a place at the Marriott Cypress Harbor instead of the Grand Vista. We would go into a two bedroom instead of a 3 bedroom and that would cost us another $121.00 to do the exchange and than we would have to get transportation to the port instead of the rent a car and change the rent a car to a week rent. It is such a project. I am just concerned of her missing all that school and what the school will say if I am pulling her our for 7 days????? I could just leave it and not spensd the extra $ as she would still be missing 4 days while we are on the cruise. DH said to just leave it and we will bring her Homework and extra help work with us. I guess I will have to think about it as I can not book the return tickets for 2 more days. The fares are not out yet. I had to vent. Talk to you soon. Gail

WVMD
02-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Gail - for my 2 cents worth - leave it like it is....

Enjoy the time with your daughter at WDW - she can make up the work.....

The memories that she'll have from this whole adventure will far outweigh any 5 days of classes - or even 7 days - It's not worth it stressing out over the extra 2 days.

When I was younger - my family took me on trips all of the time - I'd always have to make up the work - but the experiences were well worth it. My dad was a steelworker - so we had to go when he got time off - and the prices were reasonable. School is important - but so is living Life....

Virgil

pirate:

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Oh, and I got my countdown timer on my desktop, so how do I attach it to the bottom of my posts?

Linda

To use the ones on the board follow the first link I gave to the tech board. It will walk you through it. The ones you use in your signature are different than those you would use on your desktop. Hope that isn't too confusing. The steps on the tech board walk you right through it.

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Gail,

I agree with Virgil. Enjoy that time with your daughter. How much make-up work can there be for 2nd grade! I'm sure the teachers don't like the kids missing school, but look at the enducation they are getting. Maybe she can do something for extra credit like a mini scrapbook showing all the places she went. You could do this with postcards or photos.

It's not like she's in high school and missing a finals week.

Go - enjoy!

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:16 PM
1970....only 30 more to go. Yeah team!

Isn't this fun!

Then we can start working on 3000 for me!

gail1771
02-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks Virgil and Mary for your input. You are right. I will leave it as is. Mary that is a great idea you had about the scrapbook. We have a very strict school district but your right she is not in HS. DH told me to leave it as is also. I just needed it here it from others. I appreciate you caring enough to respond. It is also a good time for DH to take off as he is usually wrapping up a job around that time before the holidays. Talk to you all soon. Have a great day. Fondly, gail

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Gail,

Based on personal experience I can tell you that I don't remember anything that happened in 2nd grade except for the fact that I made my First Communion. I can tell you that I clearly remember the few vacations we took as a child.

Having lost my mother 7 years ago those childhood memories are very valuable.

Holiday time is a great time for making family memories.

Your children are blessed that they have a mom and dad who care about them, and can provide such a wonderful opportunity for them. If the teachers don't see that they are blind.

Dancind
02-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Gail, just hope your DD gets a reasonable teacher next year. I took my daughter out for a week in 2nd grade, and her teacher saved every single worksheet for the week. She had to do them all the week she got back! I confess, I helped her a lot. As far as real learning, she won't miss much.

We were supposed to get 5" of snow here today. DD was so disappointed that it didn't happen, and she had to go to school.

Is anyone staying near the airport the night before the ******? I know we will be taking a late flight, so that's our plan. Would love to share a limo to the port, there's only three of us. Diana

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Has anyone noticed the fun censor thing going on. It is blocking the word ****** . Too funny

justmestace
02-04-2004, 12:38 PM
Gail,
My kids have been out of school twice this year...first for my daughter's wedding on DCL, then we took 10 days to go to Bonaire. One is in 5th grade, the other 7th. The schools weren't too pleased, but SO WHAT! We had their homework ahead of time. I didn't make them do it on vacation. We did some before we left, and they spent the weekend after we returned to do the rest. They each kept a journal of our travels both times, and their teachers let them use those as credit. Turns out, they took in a lot more info than I did, and reading their journals helped me with our pictures and scrapbook! Especially for Bonaire, where there is a lot of history (slavery, salt mining)...I'm amazed at how much they learned and wrote down.
The last time I had to change airline tickets, it was $100 per person. Don't do it. Give your kids the experience of life.

Virgil, if you go to Vegas in March, do you know when it will be?
I'll be there the first weekend in March, and also on the 19-22nd.
Maybe we could have our own DIS Meet. Bring your DW!!
Taking off for now....let's see that 2000 before I go to bed tonight....hopefully before midnight this time!!

Stacey

WVMD
02-04-2004, 12:40 PM

:rotfl:

I hadn't noticed it - so I thought I'd try - and in the preview it does censor out the word "******".

justmestace
02-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Who's censoring the word ******? What if I say it over and over? Will someone come stick a bar of soap in my mouth?
Which reminds me of the Super Bowl commercial...I thought that was cute.
Testing: ****** ****** ****** ******

:p :p :p

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm signing off to go back to work. At this rate I fully expect #2000 to be done by the time I get home tonight.

Good luck Barb - hope a pirate: doesn't swipe it from you! If he does we'll make him walk the plank!

justmestace
02-04-2004, 12:44 PM
It's even censored on our countdown timers!!

I'm going over to the Disneyland board and see if it still censors it over there.

:confused:

WDWLVR
02-04-2004, 12:48 PM
I posted about it over on the tech board so hopefully they will fix it soon. Kind of funny when you think about it.

Let's talk about our ******, without saying ******.

gail1771
02-04-2004, 12:52 PM
THANKS EVERYONE. I FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE MET SUCH WONDERFUL AND CARING PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD. PIXIE DUST SPREADING TO ALL. THIS ****** IS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BLAST. I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ****** EVER AS WE HAVE THE BEST GROUP OF PEOPLE GOING. THANKS AGAIN FOR CALMING MY ANEXITY ABOUT THIS. IT WILL STAY AS IS. THE SCHOOL AND TEACHERS WILL HAVE NO CHOICE. SHE WILL MISS SCHOOL!!!! TALK TO YOU ALL LATER. FONDLY, GAIL

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 01:43 PM
WAY TO GO GAIL !!!!!!!
great choice. the first time I wanted to take the kids out of school d w had a FIT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :mad: :mad: :crazy: so to settle it she agreed to let the teachers decied they all was in my favor. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
so I was on the ***** list for a while , now Is the word missing on the other post the cruz word???????????
strange ?????? my ***** is just a joke.
Mary in the mail to you 2 - 3 days. cheaper !!!!!!!
well lets see how this turns out??????

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 01:46 PM
did i FIX IT can we say cruise word yet or was that the word ??????? help me ??????????

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 02:07 PM
HEY DOC !!!!! is this the pay back ?????? ? ? ?
d w takes your M and now you take the word ****** well????
before you leave E R replace the word * * * * * okay ?????
I made d w give you back your M soooooooo:hyper: :teeth:

gaRry

jilljill
02-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Go out to lunch and shopping and have over 2 pages to read. You guys are amazing.
I guess we can now have cruise in our post.

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Barb you know the saying ? ? ? ? ? SNOOOZE YOU LOSE ! ! ! ! !
SO we got the ******* word back ???? great and I blame the doc for it .:confused: :confused: :eek: well sorry doc you get the blame next time ....
so I guesss a bottle of special wine to make up ::yes:: ::yes:: :yo-yo:

gaRry

jilljill
02-04-2004, 02:20 PM
so I guesss a bottle of special wine to make up ::yes:: ::yes:: :yo-yo:

gaRry
Whose defination of 'special' do we get to use?!? :teeth:

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 02:26 PM
WELL just so I don't show favoritizem the guy at the corner wine stoe of course, that way he picks it out there is that high $$$$ stuff doc you would really like that !!!!!!!!!!!!
I think its name after doctors I'm not sure what the 20 / 20 means ?????????

gaRry

tkd lisa
02-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Yep, cruise is back as an okay word. Gail, I agree with the others about the school thing. In 2nd grade, this is a no brainer. I'm very surprised that 7 days is involved. Your school must be in session through the 23rd? Wow!

This might be 1990 or so. Have to check.

Lisa

jilljill
02-04-2004, 02:35 PM
DD will be missing either 3 or 4 days of school depending when we leave. I beleive her school will be going until the 23rd. She starts a new school next year so I'm not quite sure. They are really strict on taking kids out - but who cares?!? They are only young once and learn more out in the real world than sitting in a stuffy classroom.

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 02:38 PM
SURE we do ALLL the work and now someone will come home and jump in and post NOT even knowing they just got to a mile stone some pirate: will just come right along. or worested
yet a :firefight :firefight or even a princess:
you just never know ::yes:: ::yes:: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

gaRry

jilljill
02-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Yes, those darn pirate: , :firefight , or princess:
Just never know when or where they will turn up.

wdwgoose
02-04-2004, 02:58 PM
I think my kids will miss 2 days, we leave on wednesday after school so they miss thur. fri. and thats it. maybee leave out tuesday after school but no later than wed. for sure. that gives us time to do w d w and make it to the radision early on friday.

gaRry

2belles'mom
02-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi guys,

Wow, cruising right along to 2000...us West Coasters can keep it going at night, and the East Coasters are posting, posting, posting in the morning (I had pages and pages to go through since last night!).

Gail--I am an educator, and I agree with everyone about pulling your daughter out. Just make sure you understand the "essentials" that are going on in her classroom at the time, and reinforce. It is much trickier in High School, where credits and graduation can be jeopardized, even if what the students have missed is WORTHLESS! :rolleyes:

One of my good friends, who is an awesome high school science teacher, pulled her two junior high students out of school for the ENTIRE YEAR this year while she and her husband take leaves to travel around the world with the kids. She got plenty of flak from her kids' teachers, but come on...travel around the world or sit in 7th grade????? The sad part is that she knew she had to do it NOW, before high school. In high school, world travel doesn't count toward graduation requirements.

I'll be back tonight...

Christy

(OOPS--I got tagged as Lisa, but it's actually Christy :crazy: :tongue: )

lneeley
02-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Wow, I went to lunch and almost missed 2,000. We are almost there.

jilljill
02-04-2004, 03:08 PM
I think I will change the subject a bit.
Does anyone have the 'infamous' fax number to Inventory Control?

lneeley
02-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Gail-Thank goodness we had a teacher last year in 5th grade who said Jamie could learn alot more on a cruise through the Panama Canal for 17 days then she could in a classroom. We had her do a couple of reports (educational) on the whole trip.

It was well worth it.

Christmas2004
02-04-2004, 03:13 PM
1998. Only two more folks!

lneeley
02-04-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info on the countdown timer!