PDA

View Full Version : 20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

djs113
01-22-2004, 09:47 AM
1500 !!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to the entire thread !!!!!!!!

:moped: :moped: :moped:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

gail1771
01-22-2004, 09:48 AM
HI EVERYONE. IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL WHO WILL BE FLYING INTO ORLANDO FOR THE HOLIDAY CRUISE.

I just got off the phone with Delta and American Airlines. You can book your airline tickets with any airline carrier 331 days out from your trip. The 331 must be calculated from your return date. Anyone flying home from the cruise on December 28th can book your tickets after midnight(12:01am) on January 31st. Or if you are not up at that time February 1st. It is the cheapest way to get airline tickets as they give the best discounts early on. Especially during the Holiday break. I have been doing this for years and I have NEVER gotton a voucher back if the fares go down because they never do during this time. I guess there is always a first. If you are staying on after words see below:

December 29- book February 2nd
December 30- book February 3rd
December 31-book February 4th
January 1- book February 5th
January 2- book February 6th
January 3- book February 7th
January 4- book February 8th
and so on.

I am sure most of you know this but for all who do not it is a great way to save $ on the airline tickets. It is like early booking discount.

Have a great day everyone. Fondly-Gail1771::MinnieMo

lneeley
01-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Wow, I'm gone for a night and you guys went crazzzzzy! Gail, I booked my outbound tickets with frequent flier mileage at 12:01 a.m. on Tue. night (well Wed. a.m.). I was on the phone with Delta at midnight exactly! Anyway, the outbound tickets are on hold until I can book the return on Jan. 31. Since there are 13 of us coming (well, 12 as per the airlines-we have one under 2), I am using mileage as much as possible since it would add about another $4,500 to the trip in airline tickets from Salt Lake to Orlando. Good thing I fly alot and have a ton of mileage! I am just hoping that Delta releases FF seats on the return since it is in the middle of the holiday period. I figure Tues. the 28th is a pretty good bet, after the holiday weekend, and before the New Year. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I can't believe how many of you here own many different timeshares. We bought our first at Old Key West with DVC in 1994. We bought our second with Marriott in Park City, Utah. We bank the 100,000 points every other year. The other year we book into the exchange with Interval. Then our third timeshare is with Marriott at the Maui Ocean Club in Hawaii. We go to Hawaii every year, have never exchanged for points or through Interval. Infact, the Maui Marriott is such a hot property that Interval will give you 2 weeks in the exchange if you will give up your week in Maui. We leave April 6 for 2 weeks in Maui. We will stay at the Marriott on Marriott points for part of the time, and then use our week the other part. We love Hawaii in the winter months and it is amazing to sit right there on the beach and watch the whales breach out of the water. It is incredible.

Anyway, I was amazed at all the talk on the boards last night, so thought I would get caught up. My DD who will be 12 in April, would be willing to email with any others out there. She is quite busy. Not to brag, but she is quite busy with all of her activities. She sings, dances, etc. etc. and for this year she works for Radio Disney Salt Lake City as the Salt Lake City Kid Caster. She won a contest in Dec. 2003 where over a 1000 kids auditioned and she (Jamie) and P.J. (boy who is 14) won and they are now working with Disney Radio for the next year. Just another thing for me to run her around to along with trying to work to pay for the cruise!

Okay, that's my five minutes for the day. Have a great Disney Day everyone!

ohiominnie
01-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by lneeley
Wow, I'm gone for a night and you guys went crazzzzzy!

Seems like whenever the thread is getting to a milestone ppl go crazy trying to get the post count up. Leave for a day or two and you've got 6 new pages of messages to deal with :rolleyes:

tkd lisa
01-22-2004, 11:26 AM
Whoo hoo! We're really cooking on the thread count here!

Diane, I love to dance. Nothing formal though, just general bar hopping fun dancing stuff here! DH is pretty good about humoring me. One on of our first dates, he said that he figured out that I don't care that he's not a good dancer, as long as he's willing to be out there with me that's what matters!

We had a great time at 70s night on our last cruise! Looking forward to the clubs again.

WDWLVR
01-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Great job everyone! Over 1500 posts and on page 101!

I will definately bring my spare pins with me and join in the fun!

Gail - thanks for the heads up on booking our flights. Now I just have to figure out if we should take an extra day and fly down the day of the 17th.

lneeley
01-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Our family is all bringing their 70's clothes (well, we have to go buy them at the thrift store), and we are going to dress up the 70's night. (not the kids, just the 8 adults). Anyone else out there game? Join us with some great polyester!

djs113
01-22-2004, 02:36 PM
Now here is my yearly dilemma

Book with Delta on the first possible day as Gail has suggested

or wait a month or two until Jet Blue opens up its December flights and book with them.

To put it in context, we love Jet Blue, it is our favorite airline to fly and the kids love the Direct TV within each seat

Problem is that Jet Blue does not let you know when specific months will be opened up for sale

Do I wait for Jet Blue, and take a chance at missing the good seats on Delta - or say the heck with it and book Delta right away?

hmmmmmm

- David

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-22-2004, 03:57 PM
I can't believe how many of you here own many different timeshares. We bought our first at Old Key West with DVC in 1994.

We have our timeshare @ Old Key West too- i absolutely love it there!! It's my favorite of the Disney Resorts!! Just aboard our last cruise we also bought more timeshares, but at The Boardwalk Villa's right by the back entrance to Epcot. Plus, it's always fun to talk to the DVC people around the parks and the boardwalk and such- they've given me pins, buttons and tons of stickers! Maybe that's cause i'm a cute blonde... hmmmmm...

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by gail1771
Anyone flying home from the cruise on December 28th can book your tickets after midnight(12:01am) on January 31st. Or if you are not up at that time February 1st.
You know, i really wish i could... but UNFORTUNATLY i'll already be on the Magic on the 31st!! What a shame... i suppose it's still possible to book from there... Athough, i'm driving cause by then i'll either be in DeLand or Tampa... and my Parents will fly nonstop "Alaska Air" from seattle... And besides... we're really sort of Southwest people :) hehe, i don't like pre-arranged seating (that is, unless you're late and get stuck between a loudmouth and a screaming baby)

lneeley
01-22-2004, 04:07 PM
David-Do you actually fly Delta or do you fly Song? I was curious, so I went into JetBlue's website and found for over Labor day (Friday to the Tuesday we get back) that it is $79 each way. Then I went onto flysong.com and put in Thanksgiving (kinda leaving the week before on Friday, staying over Thanksgiving and flying back Tuesday) and I got $87.60 each way. Looking at the Delta Song website it looks like they have leather seats, with individual tv's and stuff at each seat. Maybe you will want to check this option out cuz you can book with them 331 days out from your return. If it were me, and I might possibly be only looking at that small difference in price (who know what it will be like when they open in December), I would book the Delta Song flights as soon as they opened and be done with it. Maybe some of our other posters can give you a heads up about Song. Delta doesn't offer it here in the West, so I don't have a personal experience to share, however, I noticed on the website they had a customer comment area. Anyway, let us know what you decide to do. I'm just curious. I'm sweating it out here in Utah waiting for that window to open on the return flight for Dec. 28, since I am using frequent flier mileage for 11 out of 13 going! I got us all on the outbound, but I am worried that they are going to release seats coming back on Dec. 28 with the holiday. In any case, I will be calling at 12:01 a.m. Feb. 1 (EST). Good thing is, that is only 10 p.m. my time!

wdwgoose
01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
I guess you all have really been busy the last few days, I just cannot keep up. I am Glad that GaRry keeps me updated on what has been happening. I am releshing an evening home - it is toooo coooold to ride the horses :goodvibes, so no trip to the trainers. I miss seeing the horses but I don't mind the evening home. (the first in a few weeks) It gives me a chance to actually read some of the many posts since I was last here. GaRry just walked in and informed me I was only to be reading - isn't he nice!! lol

Leilani - I hope to be joining you on the 4-10 cruise. I know the kids don't have a show that weekend so maybe. I've walked through the Disney suite but never had the opportunity to enjoy a glass of wine in one (GaRry says only boones farm)

PrincessAuroraInBlue princess: you really should take your knitting with you I would hate to think you might not have enough to do on your cruise.
I don't think I ever got my order in GaRry said he ordered four of them but I think he meant HE ordered 4. Are you still taking orders?

Well I am going to go enjoy my evening off.

Vicki

gail1771
01-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi Everyone,

Ineeley We have been to hawaii and stayed at the Hyatt next door to the Marriott and a time share a few years back. We loved it. We went whale watching and they came up to the boat. We ate huge animal lovers. Anyway we also bank a year of our points and than use the weeks with II or Marriott. We would love to go back to Hawaii when DS is older. DD is an awesome traveler but not DS when it comes to plane rides he is only 2.7 years old. We are actually thinking of doing a cruise or timeshare next year in Hawaii with DD either during March or April break depending the way the vacations fall next year.

As for booking airline tickets. We flew Delta Song the first week they flew and flown them several more times since. It is just like Jet Blue but they have not put in the T.V.'s at each seat yet. They are suppose to do that sometime this year. We have also flown Jet Blue which is great too. I just feel better knowing I have my tickets and the days I want to fly. We also have a few free tickets left with FF points on AA and Delta and two free vouchers with AA(I hope to use to go to Hawaii) but I have unused ticketrs I need to rebook with Delta Song before 4/3 so I will use them for Decemver. OH and Delta Song only charges $25.00 reticket fee which is great and I think Jet Blue charges the same or a little more.

David, Don't worry about the $ for the pin when we meet in the spring we can exchange pin for $.

Flurries in NY this evening. They are talking about another snow storm on Monday. I hope they are wrong. DD has missed enough school.

Hi Vicki, It was good to hear from you.

Have a good night everyone. Fondly-Gail1771

gail1771
01-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Ineeley,
I wanted to tell you that my DD also sings and dances. She is almost 7. Emily has been doing hip hop for 3 years and Tap/Ballet for 2. She takes two hip hop classes a week and a theater class.

She also is a great drawer and has drawn pictures for her school. Emily is very creative. She takes an art class once a week and she just started playing the piano and loves it. Eventhough Emily is younger I am sure she would love to meet your daughter.
Talk to you soon. Fondly-Gail1771

2belles'mom
01-22-2004, 09:18 PM
PrincessAuroraInBlue---gotta LOVE that Alaska non-stop from Seattle!!! We used USAA miles for this last trip and Alaska had nothing for the days we needed to fly--so we did the marathon coast-to-coast. I must say: NEVER AGAIN WITH CONNECTIONS (well, unless it means not going to FL--I guess we could sacrifice if it was the ONLY way . :rolleyes:
10+ Hours of travelling and layovers is just WAY TOO MUCH.

We are going to Hawaii in April :teeth: and have a non-stop--still 5 hours, but not bad...

Gail1771--My DDs both love to sing and dance (although DD7 has 2 left feet...:eek: but don't tell her...).

Ineely--I am sure my 2 DDs will be IN AWE of your "teenager"!

DVC4US
01-22-2004, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good Thursday evening.

Vicki,

It would be great to have you guys on board in April. Tell garRy I doooon't know about the Boones Farm because we are wine snobs:snooty: and just like jilljill I have to have a cork in the bottle. Just kidding!!!. If he must have Boones Farm or something like it, tell him I think I have a bottle of Mad Dog 20-20 way back in the cabinet from about 10 years ago. It should be good and aged by now.:laughing: :rotfl:

LeiLani

jilljill
01-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by DVC4US
Tell garRy I doooon't know about the Boones Farm because we are wine snobs:snooty: and just like jilljill I have to have a cork in the bottle. Just kidding!!!.
I sure am glad to have another 'cork enthuist(sp?)' onboard.
I don't call it being a wine snob, just someone who has good taste in wine :D

2belles'mom
01-22-2004, 11:11 PM
CALLING KABULI1!!!!!

How is your Washington wine education coming? DH and I would like to contribute some Washington wines as well...together we could come up with a quite a contribution.

Have we established when and where?????

WDWLVR
01-23-2004, 05:51 AM
Good morning everyone! TGIF and I really mean that!

Don't know if I'll make chat tonight. I had two press ok's to do last night - one at 8:00 and one at 11:30. Didn't get to bed until after 1 am and up at 5 am - think I'll be crashing tonight :D

Nice to see Vicki posting - tell gaRry he needs to hand over the keyboard more (not that we don't like seeing him as well. I told you that you should get your own ID!

We have "fluffy" snow headed our way - whatever that means. :D Me, I'd rather had :sunny: and warm temps headed our way.

Well off to read the board before going to work. Have a great day everyone!

DVC4US
01-23-2004, 05:59 AM
Good Morning Mary, and everyone else.

Barb - I agree with you, we are not wine snobs, we just have good taste. I was just teasing garRy.:tongue:

I will try to make chat tonight since DH is out of town.

Everyone have a great Friday!

LeiLani

Kabuli1
01-23-2004, 06:46 AM
Good Morning! Just checking in here before I start my packing for the day. It's coming along nicely, but I'm suddenly overwhelmed by the fact that two days after we get back from the 1/31 the movers will be here emptying my house out! AND we're leaving for the 1/31 next Wednesday. If I count today that means I have exactly 7 days (5 before we leave and 2 after we get back) to finish everything!!!!!
:earseek: :crazy: :earseek:

OK, I think that means I shan't be hanging out here much longer! If I'm not sending the computer with the movers can I put it on an empty box in the empty house and keep talking to all of you on the last day?

2belles'mom - my WA wine education will have to start after I get out there. I'm getting a case of the one and only IL wine I ever found that was good to take with me to WA and to bring on the cruise. Anyway are you up for tutoring me in the fine art of the WA wine? What town do you live in? Everyone knows we're moving to Puyallup. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is gardening out there - looking forward to all new adventures in horticulture!

Barb, you know I have to have corks, too!

Karyn

jilljill
01-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Kabuli1
Barb, you know I have to have corks, too!

Karyn
OMH, how could I forget you have to have corks too?!?!? ::yes::

lneeley
01-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Good morning all, LNEELEY reporting in. Hey Gail, we met a family last year in May on our cruise on RCL for 17 days through the Panama Canal. They are from Indiana. Anyway, they wanted to go cruise in Hawaii and talked us into joining them, (although we go every year). Anyway, just my personal feedback. We went on NCL Star and it has been the worse cruise we have ever been on. I guess we are used to excellent food, service, etc., etc. (Disney spoils us and our kids) and we just never got that on our NCL cruise. We were suppose to go to Fanning Island (and that was really the only reason we were interested in the cruise) and after we left Hilo, Hawaii and were on our way (it takes about 41 hours to get there-well that's how long the captain takes), when we woke up the next morning, we found out that the captain had turned the ship around to go back to Hawaii cuz we had a sick passenger and it was too far out for the coast guard to come. Anyway, no Fanning Island. They did change the itinerary and add another local stop, but since they changed the itinerary it left everyone scrambling on their shore excursions. We did not like the freestyle dining at all. My husband was very unhappy as there was not steak on the menu in the dining room every night. In addition, they had about 4 restaurants (like Palo's) that you could pay a $10 cover charge, and that was the only decent food we got. (What you would get as regular dining on Disney). In addition, I have never had my DH go to a seafood buffet and come back with an empty plate! He was going to double dip that night, but no worries, he was good to get one meal down him! Our DD (11) and the other couples boys (10, 11), did not enjoy the kids club at all. They didn't even want to go. Anyway, that's my personal review on my Hawaii Cruise. I would have preferred to spent it on a DCL. I'm trying to talk our new found cruise friends from Indiana to join our family on the Disney Cruise. They have never been on Disney before and I told them they would love it. Anyway, I keep emailing them and bugging them to just do it. The only problem is that the dad is a doctor and getting the time off may be a problem. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Okay, now that I have dragged on, my daughter Jamie, will be so excited to meet up with your kids. She plays piano also. Don't know if your kids are emailing yet, but I am sure if you give me their email addresses, I can get Jamie to send them an email.

2belles'mom-when are you going to Hawaii in April? Will you be on Maui? If so, maybe we can meet up. We are leaving the 8th and coming back the 18th. Anyway, let me know.

Okay, I'm out for now, happy Friday everyone. Oh, and how do I join the chat on Friday nights?

gail1771
01-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi Ineeley,

Emily would love to e mail with your daughter Jamie. she uses my e mail address which is gail17@optonline.net Emily loves the piano. We are looking into buying one as she is using a very nice keyboard at this point in time. I read your post to her about Jamie and she can't wait to meet her.

We would only consider a Celebrity or Royal Caribbean cruise for Hawaii. Celebrity has one of there newer ships I think the Inifiny for Hawaii that is 10 nights from Ensalda Mexico to Hawaii next March 27th. We shall see. We are not fans of Carnival or NCL. We have only been on Carnival once and we were not loving it eventhough they have a great kids program. NCL we have heard negative reviews. We have only heard positive things for Celebrity. We will be taking our first Celebrity crusie 3 weeks from today on the Celebrity Summit. We will let you know how it is. We are sailing for 10 days through the southern caribbean with no children. Our 10 year. We are so excitied. Anyway talk to you soon. Have to get ready for brownie meeting and cookie order sheets are due today.

wdwgoose
01-23-2004, 03:15 PM
CHAT NIGHT 9 PM

I must keep reminding myself. so we are going to get 4 - 7 in, of snow tonight. anyone else ???????????

10 yr old M D 20 20 YEEEEEEEAAAAAA BABY I'm in !!!!!!!!!!!!
but you have to bring pointed dixie cups, it just loses something when mixed in glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope all you cork cruisers who pack at the last minute remember to bring at least one cork screw???????????????????

if there weren't so many moving parts I would bring one..
(saftey thing you know) okay got to get d w truck ready for the snow. was missing parts for the snow plow lights,

no word from d w on the Apr. 10 cruise yet. Think maybee a cabin for one ???????????? that way she can have HER kids and I'll visit with everyone???????????????? sounds great to me !!!!!!!!!!!

WOW the snow is really coming down not sure I could make it to chat tonight safley, the roads being so bad ?????????????

gaRry

Cruisin'goose
01-23-2004, 06:52 PM
I thought I better stop lurking and join the fun.

I too like to have a cork in the bottle. There are a few really good local wines, I will have to bring one with us on the cruise.

Hope to see some of you in chat tonight

:boat: :hug:

2belles'mom
01-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Kabuli1--sure, DH and I are up to some WA Wine tutoring! In fact, we are going on a wine-tasting weekend in the Yakima Valley fairly soon--we will get you all kinds of goodies and info.

We live on Bainbridge Island--that's about 1 1/2 hours from Puyallup, directly across the sound from Seattle. DH's parents have a house near Puyallup (in the Fife/Milton area, the exit right after Puyallup on I-5). The "winter" in West Palm Beach now, always providing us with a handy excuse to go to Florida! We are hoping to get them to join us on the cruise! (Are there any cabins left???)

Ineely--we are going to Oahu, 1st week in April. We are staying at The Marriott Ihalani Resort, on the southwest side of the island. Looks like we will miss each other, geographically and time-wise. Where will you be staying on Maui?

jilljill
01-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Cruisin'goose

I too like to have a cork in the bottle. There are a few really good local wines, I will have to bring one with us on the cruise.
I am so glad to have another 'cork person' onboard. Now I definately know that gaRry is in the minority with his Boone's Farm. :D ::yes::

WDWLVR
01-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cruisin'goose

Hope to see some of you in chat tonight

Vicki! So glad you got your own id - welcome to the DIS boards! :D

paulcrsb
01-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Now I definately know that gaRry is in the minority with his Boone's Farm.

Don't worry gaRry I'll drink the Boones Farm with you. I noticed that the DW had a bottle cooling in the fridge. She must be planning something real special!

Paul

WDWLVR
01-24-2004, 06:15 AM
Good morning all!

So did anyone go to chat last night? DH and I went out to dinner and when we came home I was just too beat (still working on only 4 hours sleep at that time) so I did a quick look at the boards and off to bed!

As for us in the cork vs. screw off - screw off all the way! Of course we don't drink wine only water :tongue: Sorry couldn't resist - just had to get in the drink discussion!

Off to do grocery shopping and errands - have a great day everyone!

Kabuli1
01-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Good morning, everybody!

We're pretty excited that we're now on the one week countdown to the 1/31 Magic! The temp this morning in Port Canavral was 47!!!! (Better than 12 here . . . but . . .) Anyway, one week to cruising and that means 4 days left of packing :earseek: !!

Princess princess: and :crazy: I want you to know that we'll be thinking about all of you on the cruise - does anyone need us to pick anything up for them or find out anything while we're on board.

I find it amazing how quickly the time has passed and I know that our once in a lifetime cruise 12/18 will soon be a reality! I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the thread when the dust has settled.

THinking warm Disney thoughts for all of you!

Karyn

Cruisin'goose
01-24-2004, 09:26 AM
HI all

Mary yes this is me Vicki but everyone thinks that wdwgoose was gaRry's DIS name it actually was my first dis name he just is on more than I am - therefore it appears that it is his name. I tried to talk him into getting his own but then he would have to get a new hat so I relented and got the new name.

Kayrn hope you and princess: Jill have a great time on your cruise next week. If you could pack an extra bag for me that would be great It would have to be good sized though as I do not like small spaces. :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper: lol

didn't make it to :chat: last pm. had a very long week and just couldn't stay awake. (I think gaRry may have been there under my new name though)

Well -we have to get to the barn, the kids have riding this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Vicki

:boat:

WDWLVR
01-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

We are in the middle of a winter wonderland here north of Chicago!

Well we really haven't had snow like this in a while - might as well enjoy it. The good thing is I don't have to go into work this weekend so I can relax on the DIS and enjoy watching the snow come down.

WVMD
01-24-2004, 03:48 PM
We're only supposed to get 1-2" here - but plenty of ice - should make for an interesting afternoon tomorrow in the ER.

Hope everybody has a safe weekend!

Virgil
pirate:

DVC4US
01-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Good Evening everyone!

Mary - we are due to get snow tomorrow and Monday. Anywhere from 2-6 inches. Unfortunately when we get snow it tends to move east to Chicago.:eek: Hopefully it will miss us like it did last time. Stay warm.

Karyn - you must have ESP. I was going to ask you to do me a favor. (2 actually) I am looking for the number to a jet ski tour place right there at the docks. Shirley told me it was called Key Kats and they are right near the dock as you walk into town. I would greatly appreciate it if you could get that info for me. The other thing I am trying to figure out is what night Golden Mickeys is on. I hope you and Her Highness princess: have a great cruise and just think, the packing will be over soon and you will be sitting in the warm sun with a cool drink.

LeiLani

jilljill
01-24-2004, 06:14 PM
We had about 2 inches of the white stuff overnight and we are supposed to get 3-6 inches tomorrow. Enough is enough. It is very cold out, I need :sunny: and palm trees.

gail1771
01-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi Everyone. We just got home from playing doubles tennis and dinner. I had to check the DIS before bedtime. Ny is bitter cold 5 degrees tonight. We were suppose to get hit with major snow on Monday but now it has been pushed to Tuesday. Tomorrow late evening we are suppose to get about 1-2 inches.

Karyn and your highness have a great cruise.

Virgil, what do you do in the ER?? I use to work at a very large hospital on Long Island NY before I had the children. I was the Administrator for the Department of Adult and Pediatic Neurology and Neuropsychology. I than switched positions and was the Administrative Manager for Information Services until I had my daughter in 1997. I went back after 18 months and worked a staff job p/t two 13 hour shifts which was awesome as I worked two days and was off 5. I did it for a few years in the Cath lab recovery room(big change) but no responsibilites after hours or weekends. I worked until before my son was born than I went per diem until Last January and I finally decided to take a few years off as the per diem was so seldom. I miss working at the hospital and all the great people I worked for and with.
I think about going back but not until my DS is older.

Anyway. I hope you all have a great night and the snow is not to bad for you all. I was wishing we were all on a DC at this moment and watching the cold weather from the cruise ship.

Fondly Gail1771
::MinnieMo

Kabuli1
01-25-2004, 05:25 AM
:wave: Thanks for all the good wishes on our upcoming cruise! I'll make sure to post here next week as I know the Princess will need unlimited internet access.

LeiLani, remind me about Key Kats, or pm Jill about it, we're just roaming around Key West, so the only problem would be my ability to remember anything right now. For some reason, I'm a bit preoccupied. I keep forgetting to book my excursion on Grand Cayman, Still haven't gotten my car booked or a hotel in De Land on (this) Wednesday and near WDW the Sat. after the cruise, or even the towncar . . . Golden Mickey's will be no problem, of course we're going to see it and I can just consult my Navigators after I get back!

Anybody else? Comissions? Information?

Vicki, I'd love to take you, sadly my largest suitcase is already full, and I doubt if you'd fit in my hanging bag or carry on. I'll ask Jill if she has room in hers.

We made alot of headway on the packing yesterday - but we're not done yet!

Ok, got to go prepare my last ever lesson for the adult class at my church! Hope I don't get all emotional and sob my way thru it!

Karyn

tkd lisa
01-25-2004, 06:16 AM
I was on chat for a bit on Friday, and afff was there too (nice chatting afff).

Vicki: nice name! I do remember GaRry's hat, so I'd hate to see him have to change it. I was a good way to know where the DIS meet was! Just find the hat, and the neon T-Shirts!

Cold weather here, but no snow yet. Virgil, I don't think I ever connected that you lived in Charleston WV. We stopped there to break up our Christmas trip to Indiana, and spent the night at the Embassy suites downtown. Charleston seems like a very nice place. The mountains really make it pretty, but whenever we drive through there, I'm always praying for dry weather cause snow and ice makes those roads awful! Hope the ER isn't too full this weekend for you.

I survived the girls sleepover Friday night. And the Pinewood derby yesterday, so I think that there are no more major hurdles until Blue and Gold Banquet/Arrow of Light/ Boy Scout graduation on 7 February. Good thing, since I'm heading to Texas Tuesday for work!

Take care everyone! Lisa

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 08:32 AM
WOW IS IT COLD HERE !!!!! - 11 NOT WIND CHILL
so how are we doing ???? still trying to get d w on the apr. 10 cruise!!!!!!!! maybee I should just go with out her ?????????
anyone want to share a cabin????????????????? NO cork drinkers !!!!!!!!!! only screw offs :earseek: ::yes:: :yo-yo:

I was on chat for awhile. no one else from the cruise was there after about 930 I gave up. (I used d w's new one?) okay now that I got her off my name now I can use MY profile and not hers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well another day at work so I need to get this postings moving along !!!!!!!!!! 10,000 thats my number

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 08:53 AM
:jumping1: :jumping1: :love1:

TKDLISA CONGRADULATIONS !!!!!!!! 1000 POSTS !!!!!!!!!!

NOW lets work on 10,000 its just one zero away !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it warm where you are???????? just wait I'm sending something your way:smooth: :confused: :mad:

gaRry

jilljill
01-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by wdwgoose
still trying to get d w on the apr. 10 cruise!!!!!!!! maybee I should just go with out her ?????????
anyone want to share a cabin????????????????? NO cork drinkers !!!!!!!!!! only screw offs :earseek: ::yes:: :yo-yo:
gaRry
I was going to offer to go, since I will be down there, BUT your clause leaves me out big time :eek: :tongue:

DVC4US
01-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey everyone!!! I was in chat for a little while on Friday but it was after 9:30. Still cold here, but no snow yet. They have a winter weather advisory up for tonight through Monday evening so we'll see what happens. I cannot wait to head south in March.

Karyn - thanks alot for checking on that for me. I will PM "Her Highness" to make the request. I know what you mean about packing and I feel for you. We moved 7 times in 11 years. Fortunately, most of those were military moves so I did not have to do to much but get everything ready. The last one was on our own from Las Vegas to here in Iowa and I had to pack everything. DH had already moved so it was up to me to do all the packing. What fun:crazy: . So, I do know what you are going through and I hope you get everything done and can enjoy your cruise.

garRy - well I guess you lose. I was going to say that you could bunk up in our cabin since it sleeps 7 and we only have 5 in the room, I'm sure you could sleep on the fold out couch:laughing:.
But, alas we are cork drinkers only. No screw offs:yo-yo:

Lisa - glad you survived the sleep over. My teenager has them about every other weekend with 6-8 girls. As they get older they get easier but noisier. On NYE I had 15 kids in the basement. (It's getting pretty bad whey your teenager has a NYE party and you stay home. Something's not right there:scratchin ) I haven't started with the 8yo yet but I'm sure it will be soon, and then I will be going crazy:crazy2:

Everyone have a good Sunday. Stay warm and drive carefully if you have ice or snow on the ground.

LeiLani

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Well maybee I do need to lower my standards some. so

PLEASE can I sleep on your couch?????? please please ?????

I'll even bring and use a cork screw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay now hows that??????? remember its still very cold here.

jilljill okay no screw offs just popoffs :earseek: :earseek: :teeth:

:tongue: :hyper: :rotfl: :headache:

gaRry

jilljill
01-25-2004, 12:11 PM
gaRry, pop-offs are good - that means bubbly :yo-yo: But I'm even pickier on the pop-offs than the corks.

justmestace
01-25-2004, 12:54 PM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: YIPPEE!!! I finally did it!! I have now read every single post on every page from 1 to 103!!! (Now 104). I can finally relax and enjoy. You guys all sound as busy, fun, and adventurous as I am. I say "I" because I do all of the planning, packing, everything for our trips. DH & kids just get in the car. I'm not at all complaining, I prefer it that way.
Christmas at Dianeyland was great. At California Adventure, the Santa Hat was on the water tower in the Backlot Studio. Don't know why it wouldn't have been up at WDW....
Couldn't stand the wait until next CHristmas for a Disney "fix", so I booked us a suite (very hard to get) at the Grand Californian for the tail end of May. Our kids get out of school a week or so earlier than most around the nation, so we took advantage of that.
I will soon be able to sympathize with all of you cold weather dwellers...I was born and raised in Omaha, my whole family still lives there, and I'll be going there for a weeks' visit Febr 11-18th. So I will appreciate our "Cold" days that we've had here lately (in the 60's).
Two weeks after I get back from Omaha, DH and I are going by ourselves to Vegas..I have a comp Penthouse suite at the Mirage, then 2 weeks after that, 2 of my girlfriends and I have a comp 2 bedroom suite at the MGM.
After DL in May, it will be a long hot summer of no travels...maybe even until the cruise. Although I can't imagine staying home for 6 months in a row. I usually manage to go somewhere at least once a month.
Anyway....I'm still curious about how many formal nights we'll have. I bought tuxes for DH & DS...way cheaper than renting, and even got some Disney vests and ties! I can't buy anything for me, as I'm trying to drop a few lbs...okay 20 ...
I'm am just too excited about all this. Finally broke it to the kids...couldn't hold it in any longer.
We had decided to do a vow renewal on the cruise, as DCL did such a wonderful job on DD's wedding...called our friend at Fairytale Weddings...we were too late. They are all booked for weddings and vow renewals. :( She told me she would let me know if someone cancelled. I think they could do it like in Vegas, as soon as one is done, shove 'em out and let me in! :teeth: Only kidding! At least I might get a peek at a wedding on CC from a casual observer standpoint. That would be neat. I won't do a vow renewal at all, though, if it can't be DCL. Nothing else would be as great. We were married at the courthouse the 1st time, so I was REALLY hoping for this. I hope it's not an indicator of my wish for a 1 bedroom to open up for us also!
Anyway....enough for now. Stay warm everyone!!!!
Stacey

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 01:55 PM
ALLRIGHT ALLRIGHT !!!!!!!

now I have read all the saftey tips and operational safe guards and also the proper tecnec of opening very fine bottles of wine with how to pour . now just short of get a new cork screw ????

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEE ?????????????????????????

gaRry

justmestace
01-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Anyone working on #1550??

justmestace
01-25-2004, 02:13 PM
As for the wine discussion...not much of a wine drinker, but do so love the bubbly...oddly enough, the cheaper, the better.

justmestace
01-25-2004, 02:15 PM
What's the next milestone??? Post 2000 by what date? Or was it 3000?
Just trying to help.

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 02:59 PM
stace you could take the 1550 post ???????? look out for a pirate: snipe (virgel) pirate: so I've heard things about himpirate: 10,000 post is all mine mine MINE !!!!!!!!

I don't remember who wants 2,000 or 3,000 or 5,000 but I think they are spoken for?????????????

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 03:02 PM
OOOOOOOPS SORRY

guess you already have your goule ???????????

OKAY 1,550 goes to STACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEAH STACE WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nexted is 2,000 post come on hurry up !!!!!!! I need to get to mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-25-2004, 03:06 PM
stace you could take the 1550 post ???????? look out for a pirate: snipe (virgel) pirate: so I've heard things about himpirate: 10,000 post is all mine mine MINE !!!!!!!!

I don't remember who wants 2,000 or 3,000 or 5,000 but I think they are spoken for?????????????

gaRry

2000 is Barb's (jilljill) so we need to get working on it before she leaves for Ireland.

I asked for 3000 and Karyn wants 5000. Which leaves 10,000 for you!

afff
01-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey Justmestace

No joke.....we rented a tux for our 5 year son.
It was $185.00 ( Canadian ) I just about dropped to the floor.
If it wasn't that he was ring bearer I would have said forget it.

Thanks for reminding us that we should buy him something for the Formal dinner. ( and probably for my daughter as well )

Maybe I'll call DCL and enquire about the children's formal attire.

Does anyone know?

afff
01-25-2004, 04:36 PM
One additional kids dinner question for anyone that cruised before.
Mine will be 6 and 10 at time of cruise.
Has anyone's kids wanted to stay or have stayed in the kids club during dinner hours, rather then go to the dining area with the big folks? ( I checked with DCL at time of booking ......they advised that you can leave your kids there for dinner if they wanted )
Just curious to hear from parents that have actually done this before........I know that my kids would not want to leave there.

Just checking on all the options....

paulcrsb
01-25-2004, 04:42 PM
afff - Our kids are older but we have had kids at our table that sometime stay at the clubs and miss dinner. We've also had kids show up for dinner without their parents when the parents go to Palo for the evening. Either way it isn't a problem.

Paul

jilljill
01-25-2004, 05:28 PM
afff, Our DD doesn't really like to eat dinner with the club/lab, she will deal with lunch with them when she has to. She is not fond of the fact that they have eat what they are given, usually chicken fingers and fries. She really likes to order off a menu - ok, so she's picky and knows what she wants too. Yes gaRry, it does run in the family :)

I really want to get to 2000 before I leave for Ireland. It looks like the way this thread is moving I'm not sure I will get my goal met in less than 13 days. :confused:

gail1771
01-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Hi everyone.

I have a question. I thought that on the formal nights that a tux was not required but a suit and tie were is that true with DCL??
When we went on the 4 night DCL there was a formal night some men were in tux's and some men in suits or jackets and nice pants with a tie. I know the previous RCCL cruises and the Celebrity cruise we are taking in 2 weeks that a tux is not required even though it looks nice. I think that there are 3 formal nights on the 12/18 sailing. DH looks awesome in a tux but he does not own one and neither does my DS who will be 3.5 at the time of the sailing. I wnated to dress DS in a blazer, tie and nice pants. DD loves to dress up so we will go pick out something special for her. We could go buy a tux rather than rent one as it can become costly for 3 nights if it is required.

We are expecting snow tonight in NY 1-2 inches and than a big storm on Tuesday. I hope they are wrong as we have so much ice on the ground as it is. It is so cold. I can't wait to go to Florida and than on the cruise. Have a good night everyone and be careful out there in this weather. Fondly-Gail1771::MinnieMo

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 05:54 PM
JILLJILL
we have ALOT of work to be doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so lets get busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formal night there was guys in suit jackets and just dressed nice I for one don't think you MUST wear a tux. just dress nice ???????????

PALO on the other hand I think you must dress nice

AFFF I have a number if you want to see about a lower rate ????
pm me if you want to check. it might be worth the phone call??

gaRry

djs113
01-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Tux is definitely not required on formal night

on my 7 day cruise, from what I observed, I would say it was comprised of this

60% tux
35% suit
5% sports jacket/slacks

I bring my tux, since I own one

But many people rent them right there on the ship

- David

WDWLVR
01-25-2004, 06:22 PM
A tux is definately not required. Mark wore one on our first 7 day but last May just wore his suit. We are leaning towards renting the tux for the 10 day. Disney uses cruisline formalwear www.cruiselineformal.com and they make it so easy. They deliver the tux right to your cabin.

WDWLVR
01-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Come on everyone - we know we can get into hight gear when we have a goal - let's get in gear for #2000. Barb (jilljill) leaves in less than 2 weeks and really wants #2000. Let's get it for her!

WDWLVR
01-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok - I did the math and if we do 40 posts a day for the next 11 days #2000 can be Barb's before she goes to the Emerald Isle. Won't that be a wonderful going away gift?

So I've vowed to do my part, but I can't do it alone. All you who usually lurk - start posting.

All those of you who already post - keep posting!

justmestace
01-25-2004, 06:39 PM
On our two previous DCL cruises, I couldn't have PAID my kids to stay in the clubs for dinner. They loved dressing up, and coming with us. DS has gotten by with dressy pants & shirts, and a tie, never a jacket. He was 9 on the first one, 11 on #2 and will be 12 this time. I think a toddler would be plenty darling in dressy pants & shirt, and I always liked suspenders on DS.
Since this is a longer cruise, with actual "formal" nights, I knew buying would be cheaper than renting. We rented for DD's CC wedding, had the tuxes 1 week, and paid on average $130 each. I bought DS's on E-Bay (brand new & perfect) for $46.99. Will buy him shiny shoes at Famous in December. Got Dh's tux from The Tuxxman and paid $124.99...and his he can wear forever.
I can't wait to see them in their fancy duds. Who am I kidding?? I can't wait to get on this cruise!

WVMD
01-25-2004, 07:14 PM
gail1771 - I'm an ER doctor - and the Medical Director of an ER here in Charleston.

tkdlisa - We love Embassy Suites = stayed there many times while I was being recruited and when I started working here. You should give us a holler if you drive through again.

My DD (9) loves going to dinner - however, she did have to leave before dessert one night because they were making "flubber" in the club and she didn't want to miss it. She'll probably want to be at most of the dinners because she'll be with her big sister - and HOPEFULLY OHIOMINNIE'S family (HINT HINT).

I'll probably take my Tux - have to get some new Disney accessories - of course- since I'll be traveling with 3 women - who knows if I'll have any room..... :rotfl:

We were just on the edge of the snow - so we got mainly ice! Roads are treacherous - but the ER has stayed fairly busy. It always amazes me what complaints people will come to the ER with in the middle of bad weather.

Justmestace - I love Vegas - too.... probably going to a meeting there in late March - (if I'm allowed) :teeth:

Hmmm - that's a lot of posts... We definitely aren't posting as much as the 1/31 group - but then again our cruise is still 11 months away...

Take care!

Virgil
pirate:

paulcrsb
01-25-2004, 07:58 PM
No tux for me. Just a nice plain black suit. That's about as dressy as I'll get! I don't feel Palo is that fancy. I'll wear a jacket but not a suit there. I personally feel that people should wear whatever they are comfortable wearing. If they want to get dressed up, that's fine. If not, that's ok too.

Paul

afff
01-25-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm with you Paul.......No Tux for me either.
I'm going to wear a suit and my son as well.

Lisa ........nice chatting with you the other night as well.

I wanted to chat longer but the kids were calling for bed time stories etc.etc.etc.

Thanks everyone, for the replies on the kids club and dinners.

gail1771
01-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi everyone.

Thanks everyone for all the information on the dress code.

Justmestace, What a great deal for DH for his tux. I wish I could find a place around here to buy a tux for $124.99 that is well worth it instead of renting.

Virgil, After I asked you what your profession was I had a feeling you were an ER doctor and than looking at WDMD I should of figured it out. There are a few people on this thread that are in the medical field.

I can't wait to go on this cruise and see DS all dressed up. DD will almost be 8 and she loves to dress up. That will be so fun shopping with her. They both have never been on a cruise with a formal night. DD will eat with us on most nights and so will DS. DS could live on chicken fingers but it will be nice to have them both with us except the night we pick Palo's and brunch. If they want to say for dinner one or two nights in the kids program that is fine with us.

I hope you all have a great night and be careful out in that weather. Our weather is suppose to hit hard all day Tuesday with Ice and snow. Yuck!!! Talk to you all soon. Fondly, Gail1771::MinnieMo

jilljill
01-25-2004, 08:49 PM
DH will just wear his dark grey cruise/wedding/funeral suit each of the formal/semi-formal nights. Many Disney ties will be brought along.

wdwgoose
01-25-2004, 08:53 PM
well a long day at work. very cold this morning. still cold now but not as bad.
d w gives a choice wear a tux or :mad: :headache: if you guys know what I mean ???????????
so my last post for the day !!!!! unless I get a call later.
just think only 40 a day thats easy:teeth: 5 post a cruiser or less!!!!!!!

gaRry

jilljill
01-25-2004, 08:59 PM
I just looked outside and the ground is covered with S***. YUCK!!!!! It's really coming down too.

WDWLVR
01-25-2004, 09:37 PM
We had a lot of snow yesterday and more coming tomorrrow - yuck. We are supposed to get hit at both morning and afternoon rush hour. Oh joy!

Good thing is that Spring will be here soon, then Summer, then Fall and then it will be time for us to cruise!

Ok - don't want to rush through the year too fast. :D

jilljill
01-25-2004, 10:02 PM
The worst part of all this snow and freezing cold weather is that they can't break ground for our new house. We finally have a building permit and then we get this kind of weather - go figure.

videogal1
01-25-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
Ok -

All those of you who already post - keep posting!

OK, here we are again.....Lynda, and Cash the Wonder Dog....We just returned from TWO WEEKS at WDW! Poor Cash lost 14 pounds (the sign of a busy Service Dog) and I lost none...Poo....Welll, the food was just too darn good! Cash took his first airplane ride in stride (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) and spent hours at EPCOT and MGM trying to meet squirrels. No luck. Did we have a great time? Well, it was mixed...Tons of Pixie dust and some not so nice moments. You know, all the stuff that makes for a memorable vacation. We are both exhausted and trying to recover from all the excitement and high drama...Next trip...A land/sea/land (AKL and Wonder) vacation in May to get ready for this land/sea/land in December....
I did remember the can opener, Tag Fairy...Took two, in case one broke...One did...HA! It pays to plan with the DIS! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

wdwgoose
01-26-2004, 05:46 AM
well good morning all!!!! now we have freezing rain coming here. then they say 4 - 7 of snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great just what we need in my kind of work.
videogal1 I wondered where you got to???????? glad you 2 had a good time.
jilljill who would want to start building a house in the winter.
you are supposed to start in the spring, have the house enclosed by bad weather and finish the in side and be done by warm weather and start all over again. you eastern cruisers no wonder you cann't open screw offs.::yes:: :earseek:

time for my coffee and then I get to leave.

:tongue: :tongue:

gaRy

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 06:09 AM
Lynda,

Nice to see you posting again. So how did you and Cash do in the marathon?

Tell us more about your trip - what went right, what went wrong, etc.

You know us we love to hear all the news :D

Lucky you having both a Wonder trip and a Magic trip in one year. We did that last year and loved it!

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 06:11 AM
Winter weather - yuck!

We got a little more snow overnight and more coming this afternoon.

Looks like the East coast is getting blasted too!

Everyone stay safe and take care out in this weather.

Barb - sorry to hear about the house delay :( Here's hoping Spring comes quickly and that they will be building soon!

DVC4US
01-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Well, we have that "four letter" word on the ground also. We got about 1-2 inches last night and they are saying it could be 3-6 before it is all over. FUN, FUN, FUN:crazy2:

aff - our DD have done both. When oldest was 10yo she wanted nothing to do with us and stayed in the club. So did her sister who was 4 at the time. On our last cruise the older one (now a teenager) ate dinner with us. She was all into getting dressed up. We had early seating so the younger one would come to dinner with us have her meal while we had our appetizer, then one of us would take her to the club. On our cruise in April we have late seating so I think she will stay in the club, mainly because by that time all the activities we be going on in the club.

LeiLani

DVC4US
01-26-2004, 06:35 AM
Okay, here's my effort to make 2000 before Barb goes to Ireland. I am posting these all separate instead of one post.:teeth: ::yes::

Lynda & Cash - it's great to have you guys back. I am glad you had a good trip and Cash did well on the plane ride. I have an aunt in California who use to raise Service Dogs as puppies then send them on to more formal training. Now, she breeds them.
Take some time to rest and recover then like Mary said we would love to hear all about your trip.

LeiLani:sunny:

jilljill
01-26-2004, 06:42 AM
We have quite a bit of the white stuff on the ground this morning and it's still coming down hard. School's are all closed in the state.

DVC4US
01-26-2004, 06:42 AM
Here's another one!

DH will wear a tux, mainly because he owns one. Disney does not require anything, they just ask that you dress a bit nicer on formal nights. On our last cruise there were some in tuxes, some in dark suits, some in sports jackets, and a few in just a dress shirt and tie. We like to dress up so we had fun, but I was not really aware of what other people had on. The cutest were the little boys who were in a suit or tux and all the little girls who were dressed in frilly dresses.

LeiLani :sunny: (I'm thinking sunny warm thoughts here)

gail1771
01-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Good morning everyone. Snow has not hit Long Island, NY yet but it will. We are suppose to get a dusting today and get hit tonight and all through Wednesday morning. They say 6-8 inches but if it snows all day tomorrow I am sure it will be more. With the ice on the groung it is going to be very diffucult and dangerous. Be safe and careful for you all that are getting the snow and ice now.

Barbara, better to start the construction in the spring. We started our construction (about 1200 square feet) Extension in rear of home. We are extending our kitchen and making a samll room next to it. I guess you would call it a great room. We than also extended our basement with a seperate entrance for DH office. At this point in time we did not open up our exisiting basement for an entrance to both. We extended 16.6 feet long x 35 ft. wide in October and got it air tight just before the first snow but there is a lot to still do and we can not do the siding till spring or any outside work. Building a new home you would be better off in the spring. DH loves doing new construction anytime but the dead of winter eventhough he ha. He would perfer no snow it makes it that much harder.

No tax on clothing this week in NY. It was so nice when we only paid no tax a few years back than it went to only state tax. But now we are paying 8.75 percent on clothing and shoes. I will hit the stores this week for cruise shopping in two and a half weeks. I won't be spending to much as we have the DC to pay for and finishing up the extension.

Lynda and Cash welcome back.

Have a great day everyone and be careful out there. Fondly-Gail1771

jilljill
01-26-2004, 06:47 AM
jilljill who would want to start building a house in the winter.
you are supposed to start in the spring, have the house enclosed by bad weather and finish the in side and be done by warm weather and start all over again.
gaRy
gaRry, gaRry, gaRry, I would have thought by now that you would have picked up on something about me and my family - we don't things the easy way. Having a house built in the spring into warm weather would make sense (and would have cost us a lot more $$$) and that's just not us ::yes:: :eek: :D
Also, we get to move in the heat of the summer - I guess that wasn't such a good idea either :confused: :confused:

Kabuli1
01-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Hi all. Howz everybody?

:hyper: I can't believe that in 2 days we're going to be in FL! :hyper: I can't believe that the next sailing of the Magic is OURS! WOW! :hyper: I can't believe I am sooo close to being ready to move! I need to haul the garbage out, clean and tidy stuff and thro the bathroom stuff into boxes and I'm ready to vacation!!!

I learned something very interesting last night. I was told where the Magic is going to be Summer of 2005! This from a very very high-up source! BUT I don't know what I can say w/o implicating someone! Barb, help me out here! So anyway, please don't innundate me w/ emails but if it's something you absolutely have to know . . . .

Barb, Jill still needs a roommate. I think you can get back in time for your trip to Ireland (and I know you want to join the toque and speedo gang!)

Tuxes - I'll have 3 adult (well, that's questionable) men with me on the 10-day and I know the DSs will wear tuxes - as theyare both musicians, no I think the DH will rent or buy one as well. I think the 10-day will be more formal because it's so special and longer! BUT, that said, I don't think it's necessary. But, as I've said on the 1/31 thread, if you have to wear a speedo on formal night, make sure it's black! ::yes::

:crazy: Karyn

Hercules10
01-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by jilljill
Also, we get to move in the heat of the summer - I guess that wasn't such a good idea either

Lookit this way. You'll get to see your Disney men all sweaty and without shirts. :D

'Course if I was helpin' you'd see nuthin but plumber's butt.

jilljill
01-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Hercules10
Lookit this way. You'll get to see your Disney men all sweaty and without shirts. :D

'Course if I was helpin' you'd see nuthin but plumber's butt.
:rotfl: :jumping1: :rotfl:
Herc, that is such a scary thought, I don't want to see my Disney men THAT way!!!
But you are more than welcome to come help us out. We will need a plumber to install the pull chain toilet.

jilljill
01-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Kabuli1
I learned something very interesting last night. I was told where the Magic is going to be Summer of 2005! This from a very very high-up source! BUT I don't know what I can say w/o implicating someone! Barb, help me out here! So anyway, please don't innundate me w/ emails but if it's something you absolutely have to know . . . .

Barb, Jill still needs a roommate. I think you can get back in time for your trip to Ireland (and I know you want to join the toque and speedo gang!)

:crazy: Karyn
Karyn, how about you just say that the Magic will not be in port as we know it now.

I would love to join you on Sat., but with this weather I would be very afraid that I wouldn't make it back to BWI for my flight out that night. Jill and I would have a great time adding to my Disney man collection, but.....it will have to be on another sailing. ::yes::

Hercules10
01-26-2004, 10:30 AM
But you are more than welcome to come help us out. We will need a plumber to install the pull chain toilet.
I got the pipe wrench, list of cuss words and short shirt all ready.

jilljill
01-26-2004, 10:39 AM
I got the pipe wrench, list of cuss words and short shirt all ready.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
We will close the door so the children won't see or hear anything :hyper:

Hercules10
01-26-2004, 10:50 AM
We will close the door so the children won't see or hear anything
Good idea. That way you'll also avoid getting hit with flying tools, pipes, pets etc...:scared1:

tkd lisa
01-26-2004, 10:52 AM
My, oh my, haven't we all had busy little fingers this weekend! 3 1/2 pages! I managed to post on my WISH journal, but didn't have time to get to this thread. Well, I'm caught up now, and thanks to Mary's sharp eyes, just realized I broke 1000 posts! Wow!

We've got about 5 inches of snow here, so no school. DH went ahead in to work, but he said the roads were pretty bad. I'm supposed to head to Amarillo tomorrow afternoon if we don't get too much freezing rain tonight.

Weekend is OVER, thank God! DS took 1st place in his den/patrol for Pinewood Derby, but didn't place in the pack. We have some boys whose dad's are practically professional model makers, so that's not surprising. Frankly, DS has taken first in his den all his years in scouts, so it's probably a good thing that he didn't place in pack this year and someone else was able to get the recognition.

Sunday was filled with choir at both services, AWANAs, and choir practice, so I'm enjoying this day off!

More on the next post!

tkd lisa
01-26-2004, 10:59 AM
On to more stuff:

Lynda and Cash- welcome back! I'd love to hear details too. Trip report reading is one of my favorite hobbies! I've been watching a couple of marathon reports on passporter. Boy does that marathon sound like a lot of work!

Afff, I think our kids ate in the clubs one time on the 7 night cruise, just because they wanted to do the activity that was scheduled during late dining. The older kids (8-12) have a little more flexibility in picking out their food than the younger ones. They set up a buffet at Topsiders for them, and let the lab kids go through the lines. I think the club counselors fill plates for those kids, and they don't have any choice in what comes to the table.

We probably won't do tuxes either. I'm sure that my FIL will just wear a dark suit. The only tux he's worn in his life was for my wedding! That was also the only time he's danced in his life. MIL told me that it was just proof of how much he loves me. On our last cruises, DH took a dark suit with a couple different ties for formal/semi formal nights. DS had a jacket that someone else had given him that he wore on formal night, and he wore a sweater vest w/ tie for semi formal. He's long since outgrown it, so I'll be looking for something new for this cruise.

Have a great day all! Lisa

lneeley
01-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Wow, gone for the weekend and I had to read all those pages of posts to get caught back up. Anyway:

2belles'mom-sorry we can't meet in Hawaii since we are on different islands. We own at the Marriott Maui Ocean and Beach Club in Kaanapali, Maui. You'll have a great time at the Marriott over on Oahu.

Anyway, nothing much new here except 6 more inches of snow. However, with the storm yesterday it finally cleaned out the inversion we had for 24 days! Now we can at least see where we are going!

My stepdaughter and husband just left on Sat. for a week long cruise on RCL. I wanted to get on that plane soooooo bad when we took them to the airport. I told her to make sure she checked on Sunday to look across from her ship to see the Wonder. I told her to get some pictures too. You can never get too many pictures of the DCL ships!

Okay, I'm out for now!

dberner
01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Hey all-

Yes, it is I, the death-defying daredevil that survived the horriffic crash in Erie, PA (provided that you define "horriffic" as "no injury to anyone and no damage to the van or anything in it" and you define "crash" as "the van came to a stop in the three feet of snow in the median"), the one and only firstborn son of Kabuli, Derek Berner.

I'm just checking in with my future cruise friends. For anyone who is NOT up to speed, most of my family is leaving me alone in the house for a week - with no supervision for the first time ever (and it only took 22 years to win their trust!!) - while they go off on their 7 day cruise.

But not to worry because this December, I'll be cruising with my fiancee, Elaina, and the rest of my family, as well as all of you fine folks.

That gives me roughly 11 months to dig my tux out of the garage and go speedo shopping - anything else I should be aware of?

Derek

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Derek,

Welcome to the DIS and the 12/18 cruise thread. Isn't it just like parents to leave you to watch the house while they go cruise.:D

Well come and post with us every day and you'll be ready for our cruise in no time!

Have you read the thread from the beginning? That's your first assignment.

Then read the web page, then all the newsletters. See if you do all that you won't even know that Mom, Dad & Sis are missing!

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Barb - sent you a pm - drop me a line when you get a chance.

2belles'mom
01-26-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi all!

Well, no snow here in the great Northwest. Just rain, rain, misting rain, and overcast. It's getting old...

We did get snow--about 6 inches-- right after Christmas Break, and the kids got 2 days off school. Then it all melted--or, was washed away by the rain, to put it more accurately. That was the first snow in three years! I think it was the first time my younger DD, 4, ever had a chance to play in the white stuff! Snow is a pretty big deal around here, since we so rarely get any.

Kabuli1--are you ready to trade snow for rain??? It isn't heavy rain, our winters consist of a constant fine mist that umbrellas provide no protection from. The fine mist just blows right up into your face anyway!

Ineely--too bad we will each other in Hawaii, but at least we will be basking in the warmth!

TTFN!

Dancind
01-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Welcome to newcomers and returnees! I feel like one myself, DD had a dance competition over the weekend so that's all we've been doing. Glad that's over, at least for a month.

It snowed here last night, a few inches within an hour. Looked like a real blizzard! DD was so disappointed when it stopped and she had to go to school today.

I bought DH a tux before our first DCL cruise, and he bought a black suit before our Celebrity cruise, so he's all set. It's just the ladies here that will need to shop. Stacey, there are a lot of us here that are trying to be smaller by the time we cruise!

We've been back home for a month now. How long until the next cruise? Guess I will have to post my sig, so I can see the countdown.

tinkfan
01-26-2004, 02:55 PM
hi everyone,

Checking in here with about 5 inches of snow. I enjoyed having the day off today. (I work in an elem. school) Hoping for another one tomorrow. Since this is our last winter up north we are actually enjoying the snow, except for the shovelling!

DH will wear his tux, if it still fits him. I would love to get him some disney accessories, tie or vest. Does anyone know where can I find them?? I will probably rent DS a tux onboard unless I find a really good deal as we get closer. On our last 7 day cruise I just bought him a suit and he outgrew it before getting too much wear. I am looking forward to shopping after I shed a few more lbs.

We are also wine (and beer) drinkers. I will try to remember to buy a few bottles of Va wine before we move. I don't think there are too many wineries down in GA where we are going.

Hope everyone stays warm and dry!!

justmestace
01-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Tinkfan, the Disney vests and ties that my guys will be wearing, I got on Ebay. Haven't seen them anywhere else, although I'm going to look for smaller ties for my son while we're at DL in May.

I guess I won't bother telling everyone what a wimp I am....it's 53 degrees outside, and I'm FREEZING!!!

I'm taking a wild guess here about the Magic....but perhaps could my TF wish be coming true??!!!! Yippee!! :hyper:

Stacey

Cruisin'goose
01-26-2004, 06:17 PM
okay she has it set to log on in her name soooooo

STACE pirate: greedy greedy greedy !!!!!!!!!!
now you have the 1600 post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

GREAT WAY TOO GO GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well just got in and I see there are a few post to read after I eat

gaRry

tkd lisa
01-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Stace, I meant to post asking you to stop over on the WISH board if you're trying to lose some pounds. It's a nice place too! It's on the left side of the disboards page, under the just for fun section.

Tinkfan, I haven't forgotten your pm. Once you get settled, let me know and I'll have DS post to your son. We really like the wines at Ingleside winery. It's down route 3, in Westmoreland County. We'll probably pick some up this summer to bring on the cruise.

I know someone else is looking for ds to email/pm your sons, I'll look at my pms and have him send a note this weekend.

I hadn't thought about mentioning it, but my in-laws have made wine in the past. Not sure if they have any brewing. If so, I might have them bring a bottle or two of their "better" stuff. Of course, it's strictly screw top quality level, so we'll save it for GaRry!

And GaRry...... Vicki got her own screen name so that you wouldn't keep using hers! And then you go and sign in as her! The way to change the sign in, is to select "log out" under the "welcome back cruisingoose" thing at the top of the page. Then you can log in as wdwgoose! We can't have you confusing us! Or boosting Vicki's post counts higher than they are!

This will probably be my last post til Friday, since I"m off to Amarillo tomorrow. Lisa

Cruisin'goose
01-26-2004, 06:44 PM
AND i'M JUST CHOP LIVER??????????????????????????

TKDLISA !!!!!! WELL !!!! IF you go back to page 105 YOU
will see I pointed out your 1000 post. NOW if you think bringing me a case of strawberry hill and a box of dixie cups is going to make up for this THIS !!!!!!!! WELLL !!!!!!!!

:love1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :love1:

gotta luv me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Lisa - have a safe trip. We'll miss you!

BTW - it was gaRry not me who pointed out your 1000 post.
:D

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 07:16 PM
gaRry - stop stealing Vicki's id!

wdwgoose was hers and you swiped it. Then she let you have it and got Cruisin'goose and now you swiped that. You are worse than Virgil pirate:

Sorry Virgil I'm just kidding about you (but not about gaRry). :D

WDWLVR
01-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Stacey - congratulations on post #1600. Only 400 until Barb gets #2000. We can do it! Come on everyone!

jilljill
01-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Go out driving on the snowy roads and you guys go crazy today. Looks like DD has off from school again tomorrow. That's more days to make up at the end of the year - UGHHHH!!!!!

dberner, A very big welcome to you. It's nice that you finally decided to join our crazy thread and keep up to date on all the stuff going on.

wdwgoose
01-26-2004, 07:56 PM
now its really me!!!!!
okay lisa is a great person just a little :yo-yo: now thats shes not here and going to texas????? do they get snow there?????

way to far south that would be like getting snow in florida no way !!!!!!!!!!

wow was the wind was very bad today glad I was off no fires either.

OKAY I will try not to swipe her name again..... those hats are getting very costly. the lady loves to see me come in.

YES t shirts she is back from her vacation I must get in there and see where we are at??????????

well about bed time YES!!!!! might have to get up early and plat taxi for nurses if the weather is very bad.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL. remember 2,000 post for Barb )jilljill(

gaRry

afff
01-26-2004, 08:58 PM
TKD Lisa........You mentioned purchasing wine in an earlier post to bring on the cruise.
I'd like to do the same. Does anyone know if DCL has a policy against this?
I seem to recall Carnival did, when we cruised with them years ago. They would charge a corkage fee, if bottles were brought onboard.
Does DCL X-Ray luggage for security reasons?

How were you going to do it Lisa?

Does anyone else know what the DCL policy is, on bringing your own bottles?

Just curious .......that is all

jilljill
01-26-2004, 09:20 PM
DCL only charges a corking fee if you bring a bottle of wine to the dinner table. You are free to bring beverages onboard with you. We always bring sodas, water, juice and beer. I know, what a surprise, we don't bring wine onboard with us.
They do ask that alcohol be in bags when you board. One friend carried a case of sodas onboard (in the open) with no questions asked.

ohiominnie
01-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by WVMD
She'll probably want to be at most of the dinners because she'll be with her big sister - and HOPEFULLY OHIOMINNIE'S family (HINT HINT).

I hear ya!! :)
We're ready to switch and link our reservations....the only caveat is that my parents are booked on the cruise with us. They haven't made up their mind if they want to go yet. We got them a room in CASE they wanted to go, but figured they wouldn't. But we still don't know for sure. Late dinner wouldn't be good for them as they'd be asleep before the entree came out!

I called DCL today and said "I may want to link ohiominnie's reservation with WVMD's reservation, how would I go about doing that" but they didn't have ANY clue what I meant. Ya just can't get good customer service anymore!!

So, we're ready to switch, but need to make sure it's going to work out for everyone in the family. We also figure it'll be a LOT easier to switch from early to late than to change our mind later and try to get back to early.

Sorry to keep you hanging. I was ready to switch and then remembered my "early to bed" parents. :)

DVC4US
01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
afff - DCL does not mind if you bring your own beverages on board. The only thing they request is that you bring it in your carry-on luggage and covered up. Which means you if you bring 2 - 12 packs on a rolling luggage cart then DCL will ask you to put a trash bag over it. Like Barb said, if you take a bottle of wine to one of the dinning rooms they will charge you a corkage fee of $15 + 15% gratuity. Otherwise you can drink as much as you want in your cabin with no charge. Also, you can purchase drinks in the ports and bring them on board to drink. You must finish anything you open on the ship while on board, you can not bring anythink open off the ship. And if you buy from the shop on board, it will not be delivered to your room until Friday night.

HTH
LeiLani

Dancind
01-27-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm serious here. Who wants to go on Eli's Ecotour in Antigua with me? I'm reading tons of raves about this tour on the CC boards. It's all day for $81 per person, and it seems that we need to book NOW. They will do a charter for groups of 10. Here's one person's description/review:

"Eli will pick you up in his boat near the pier. First you drive around a bit learning a lot interesting stories about Antigua. After this we went snorkeling. Francis led the way and it was great. It is obvious both Francis and Eli love what they do. Then we went to Bird Island. Here we hiked, swam and explored the island while the Francis and Eli fixed our lunch. The scenery was beautiful. Next we went to Hell's Gates. There is a picture of this on the post titled "the Antigua Experience Hands down" You climb all over and through this. Next we went to shell island where we collected shells and Rum punch was served. We had a great day. There are many posts on this board about this excursion. There are no crowds, just you and the beautiful water and scenery."

PM if you want to go, they ask for a $20 deposit. It would just be me and you guys, my family will be diving that day. Diana

WDWLVR
01-27-2004, 06:03 AM
Diana,

I've read great things about them too. We usually stick to DCL excursions especially when we are at a port for the first time. We'll do our own in Key West and St. Thomas.

For those who have a more adventure in thier soul I think the Eli tour sounds great.

WDWLVR
01-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Good morning all - more snow and yuck coming through Chicago and headed East.

The drive to work is going to be fun - not!

Take care anyone that has to go out in this. It will all be worth it when I can stretch out on that lounger at Castaway Cay!

wdwgoose
01-27-2004, 06:40 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

WOW we have freezing rain and snow to come !!!!!!!!!!!
well another day at work and we are ready for the work to come !! as soon as this starts to freeze we will get very busy!!

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-27-2004, 07:03 AM
gaRry - take care at work today. I'm sure you'll be busy with this nasty weather.

wdwgoose
01-27-2004, 07:20 AM
I really think you're right we now have 38 degrees outside.
as soon as it starts dropping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well off to the store for lunch. not sure what to cook yet. will have to look and see what looks good.

lisa is it snowing in texas??????

gaRry

gail1771
01-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Good Morning everyone. NY and Long Island started getting the freezing rain this morning which will turn over to snow. They say on different radio stations anywhere between 6-12 inches. Yuck!!
It is suppose to last through Wednesday morning. I'm sure school will be closed on Wednesday.

Diana, Is there a lot of hiking in that tour through Antigua??? If it is not a lot of hiking up and down hills we would be up for it we love to snorkel. It sounds awesome and DH and I would be up for it if I could leave the kids on the boat just for that day. Does he do half day excursions also??? I would actually perfer that if he did??? As I wonder if he has more than one tour running at the same time. If you have his web site or phone number I would appreciate it if you could e mail me with it at gail17@optonline.net I don't know if you can leave the children all day in the children's program??? Does anyone know about that??? Now that I am writting this I might feel gulity leaving them all day. Anyway if you could just e mail I would appreciate that.

I've had enough of this winter!! Thinking of you all and prayers go out to be safe to you all on those roads today. Be careful walking too. Fondly-Gail1771

tkd lisa
01-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Argggh winter weather. My original flight was cancelled, so I'm at work for a few hours, before a 3:00 departure from national (have to leave here about 11 to make that). It gets me to Amarillo about 8:00 tonight. According to the weather channel, it's 18 degrees in Amarillo, but it's dry there.

GaRry, I humbly, humbly apologize!!!!!! I should be more careful about checking the id's next to the posts, huh? Thank you ever so much for noticing my posting milestone! I'll have to bring a special bottle of wine, just for you to make up for it!

Diane, I am interested in the eco tour. I was reading some reviews on cruise critic about 2 months ago, and it sounds like LOTS of fun! I'm pretty sure the in-laws wouldn't be up for it, but DH and I would. I'll ask the family to see if the kids would rather stay with Gma and Gpa or go on the tour.

Hercules10
01-27-2004, 07:49 AM
I was curious to know what eveyone's Xmas plans are going to be on this cruise?

My wife and I always attend the Xmas Eve service at home and I understand the ship does have a Midnight Mass on 12/24.

When we were booking the operator hinted around that Disney was going to do something "special" on Xmas. Any ideas or rumors as to what?

djs113
01-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Gail,

you can leave children within the program all day during an excursion day

but in case they need to get in touch with you, the beepers do not work off of the ship

- david

Dancind
01-27-2004, 09:32 AM
Gail, I sent you an e-mail, and Lisa a PM. This tour would be great for kids too, but that's up to you. I think that one of the perks of using the internet to connect with fellow cruisers is to join up to book great excursions at half the cost of the ship excursions. We did it four out of five port days on our Celebrity cruise, and we had a blast! For example, we did a zip line tour in Costa Rica with a group of 17 people, paying $60 each for a five hour excursion. The cruise line price for a similar tour was $140! On Roatan, my DH booked a two tank dive with a local dive shop for $65 each, the cruise two tank dive on Roatan was $125! I don't know if all excursions are this much difference, but I think they are. It sure cured us of feelling we needed to go on the ship excursions, we feel like veteran cruisers now. That said, I am probably going to check the ship's tours in St. Lucia to see if they have whale watching rather than try to find one by myself. Diana

wdwgoose
01-27-2004, 09:33 AM
tkdlisa okay a well aged bottle of strawberrie hill ????????????
don't worry about putting a cork in it ??????? 6 8 months was a good year .... your flight ???? is it going to be better then ??
well its nice to pick on you and give jilljill a break ONLY for a day !!!!!!!!!!
the temp outside is dropping lots of accidents going on. just had a bad one out of our area. possible fatal. our streets are salyed good for now ....

time to start planing lunch.... I'm getting hungry, just thinling about all that great food on ship YYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!
I need to put on a few pounds that seeems different from eceryone else wanting to lose ?????????????????

Mary I cannot get the pictures out of my scrap book. they are the glue type pages. after 25 years also!!!!!!

gaRry

jilljill
01-27-2004, 09:52 AM
gaRry, I'm heartbroken that you can't pick on 2 people in the same day. What will I do today?!?

Almost all schools in the state have off again today and most likely tomorow too. We are supposed to get another 2-4 inches of that white stuff tonight.
The roads are horrible here. Why can't they plow and salt them correctly anymore :scratchin :confused: ?!?

wdwgoose
01-27-2004, 10:58 AM
jilljill I'm not that quardenated ? 1 ? 1 ? 1 !!!!!!!
they could plow your streets like they do here !!!!!!!!!!!!
First they come by and put down the salt (snow still there) then after about an hour they come back and plow the salt and snow off the roads then you don't see them til the next snow fall????
some how that is backward to me when I did snow plowing for pay I would plow and then salt for some reason my costemors liked it that way ?????????? but then my budget was NOT tax payers funded.

no school here for the kids either. so they are home alone. not sure if thats good or not??????????????

lisa are you on your way yet???????? or did your flight cancel???

not sure of lunch yet any ideals ????????? rack of lamb, ribs, steak ???? ooops thinking about the ship again, :hyper: :hyper: :sunny:

guess I'll have noodles and meaty sauce. okay be back after lunch.....

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-27-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm here with my turkey sandwhich (as one of the ones trying to lose weight before i sail) and all that talk of food has me hungry.:D

gaRry - totally understand about the pictures. Can you e-mail me a short write-up of your memories. I'm sure everyone would enjoy it. I hope to do the newsletter this weekend (and get my list out to you as well).

tkd lisa
01-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Arrrg, my last post didn't make it. I think the server was "too busy". Anyway, my trip was cancelled due to weather. The boss turned it into a virtual meeting. Any time I don't have to travel for work, I'm happy!

Diana: I got your PM and I'll talk to DH about it this week. Sounds good to me! I usually avoid the DCL excursions because they charge the adult price for kids over 9. Most of the excursion companies only charge the adult price at 12 or 13, so the difference must go straight into profit.

Now that I'm here, I'll try to do my part in getting to 2000 posts!

justmestace
01-27-2004, 04:23 PM
:wave: Popping in to say "Hi". Thought I was back in the Midwest this a.m. It was 31 degrees when I left the house!!! Really! It actually does get cold in Arizona.
I didn't even notice post #1600. I need to pay more attention, since I don't want to be a pirate: and steal one accidentally!!

I'm going over to check out the WISH board.

Have a good one, all!

wdwgoose
01-27-2004, 04:52 PM
WOW tkdlisa didnot get her trip. guess I better not pick on her now that shes here!!!!! are you packing the wine yet ????????
don't forget those pointed dixie cups you know how great they are???????

I have not even thought about the excurstions yet help I need a spell checker!!!!!!!!! ds and I really want to do some diving must get him certified. not sure if the girls will even do snorkeling d w likes it had to get some good gear for her.

Mary had a coworker give me an ideal to try will do it tom morrow to get pictures out. yes will try writing something.

STACE :tongue: :hyper: you get post 1600 and did not even know it ::yes:: ::yes:: okay we will help you to keep track.

gaRry

kpros
01-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone

I just thought I would share a short story from this last weekend. My DW and I went up to Napa (California - you know - wine country) to visit a friend at the Veterans Home there. We hit Napa early in the day and decided to drive up to the Iron Horse vineyard (another 60 miles past Napa).

As you may know, Iron Horse makes a special sparkling wine for Disney available on the ships. We have enjoyed it on our three cruises (and even brought the empty bottles home). Nice place, very small compared to some of the big sparkling wine vineyards (Chandon, Mumms, etc.). Anyway, we had a great time talking to the staff and the wine maker (and of course tasting everything we could).

They couldn't sell any of the Fairy Tail Cuvee because of the agreement with Disney but I think they were happy to hear from someone who has enjoyed their wine on the ship.

If you are a sparkling wine lover and ever get a chance to visit Iron Horse, go for it. It was fun!

We are looking forward to bottle number 4 on the Xmas cruise.

Ken

jilljill
01-27-2004, 05:46 PM
I also believe this sparkling wine is for sale at WDW during the Food and Wine Festival in the fall. If anyone is down there during that time be sure to look for it.

WDWLVR
01-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Well driving home wasn't half as bad as driving to work this morning. Yucky snow!

Lisa - glad your trip got cancelled - better than getting there and then have the flights home cancelled! :D

WDWLVR
01-27-2004, 06:42 PM
gaRry - hope you get the pictures to work. We'd love to see them!

gail1771
01-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi Diana, Thanks so much for the website for Celebrity. I already got a response for the cruise in two weeks.

Weather on Long Island, NY is yucky!! We were not suppose to get snowfall till midnight and it started at 7:30pm! It is suppose to continue through Wed. am. We first got slippery freezing ice rain. I can't wait for Florida in two weeks to start our cruise!!!! My children will be happy there will be no school tomorrow. Homework can wait another day. Well we are having a knock hockey tournment in our house tonight and it is my turn. Talk to you all soon. Be careful everyone out there in this weather. Fondly-Gail1771::MinnieMo

jilljill
01-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Well the freezing rain has come and gone and now it's snowing again. In fact I can hardly see out the windows it's coming down so hard. We are only supposed to get another 2-4 inches tonight but we already have another inch.
Hope the roads aren't too bad when DH goes to work in about 1 hours, or atleast hope there aren't too many people on them.
Once again, no school tomorrow.

wdwgoose
01-27-2004, 08:53 PM
we had bad weather almost all day, the sun did come out for about an hour, clear sky and very dark clouds again and snow windy, it was a different day,
well sounds like some have been busy today?????????

gail it sounds like you might get alot of snow tonight 8 +??????
almost bed time the day has gone by very fast. so everyone have a good night and I hope its very quiet around here. until the bars close ????????

gaRry

Kabuli1
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Well, we're off before the dawn tomorrow for a college visit then the 1/31 cruise! Wow! We get back in time to do final packing then our move two days later. I'll try to check in from the Magic! Otherwise, have a wonderful couple of weeks and I'll be back to stay once the dust settles!

Karyn

jilljill
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
gaRry, I hope you have a quiet night. I don't think my friend is having a quiet night at the firehouse, haven't heard from him and my mom said there have been accidents all over the place tonight.

Still snowing very hard now.

jilljill
01-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Karyn, Have a great trip and send us lots of :sunny:
Say hi Mickey for me and give him a big hug too. Don't forget my escargot.

justmestace
01-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey, we didn't answer Herc's (may I call you Herc? 'fraid I'd spell Hercules wrong!) question about Christmas.
DH and I are trying to figure out what we'll do. Probably bring a small tree as others here have mentioned. I'll make a magnet for our door, maybe some lights. Definitely stockings, but don't know what to do about gifts. Hate the thought of packing stuff. I was thinking of buying the kids something on the ship or at one of the ports...more like 3-4 somethings...I don't know. May just have a few gifts waiting at home. We'll need to look into the type of services the ship will be having. We may forego church this year for Mrs. Claus or Gingerbread house decorating.

wdwgoose
01-28-2004, 01:52 AM
OKAY it was not QUIET had a small fire in an old factory. it been emty for 10 - 15 yrs. still there got it out set up the trucks and now back to my nice thoughts of all that great food.

good night again everyone. C U in the morning well a few hours !!!!!!!!

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-28-2004, 05:42 AM
HEYYYYYYYYYY what is this ?????????????????? I was the one with little sleep last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO SCHOOL AGAIN !!
rough night and now no school YYYYYUUUUCCCKKK well I really need my coffee this morning so have a good day all.

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 06:08 AM
Karyn,

Hope you, Randy and Jill have a great cruise! Ask guest services or the cruise director if Randy can use the lobby piano on our cruise so he can play for us as we carol.

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 06:10 AM
Forecast today is clear skies - but COLD! Looks like all the snow and slop is moving East - take care everyone!

gaRry - sounds like you didn't have a very good night. Why does it seem the worse fire nights are always the coldest? Take care!

Hercules10
01-28-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by justmestace
Hey, we didn't answer Herc's (may I call you Herc? 'fraid I'd spell Hercules wrong!)

Sure you can call me Herc, I've been called worse! :D

I've read that their midnight mass is OK and most people skip the communion because of the virus scares. We may just play that by ear.

I'm more wondering what Disney will plan on the 24th or 25th. The operator seemed to read a script about how Disney was planning something "Special" for all us 10-day guniea pigs.

My wife and I talked about stockings in the cabin and that's about it.

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 07:53 AM
We talked about buying some battery operated lights we could put out on the veranda (we have one of the navigator ones). Our gift to each other is the cruise so we won't have to worry about bringing packages onboard. I'm sure we'll pick up things on the islands and that will be the rest of our gifts.

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 07:54 AM
The only thing I don't like about the Midnight Mass idea is that the next morning is St. Thomas with EARLY AM immigration check. I almost wish Christmas day was at sea.

tkd lisa
01-28-2004, 07:58 AM
I think the Christmas service is non-denominational. We plan to attend. The normal Sunday service is in the "library", which is right next to our staterooms!

As for decorations, we'll bring our stockings, and maybe lights to string around the mirror. We're inside, so no verandah to decorate. I'm thinking about getting some of that magnet stuff to make door decorations though.

As far as gifts, same as Mary/Mark. Cruise is the main gift. We may pick up little things at WDW before hand for the stockings, and I'll probably stuff an arcade card or 2 in DS's. Not sure what to do for DD, cause she really isn't into the arcade. Maybe just some disney dollars and let her put them against souvenier purchase?

And GaRry, you can pick on me anytime! I'll just pick back if I'm here!

Hercules10
01-28-2004, 08:24 AM
OK, The search option is never up when I'm here so bear wit me.

Has DCL ever had a cruise that has gone through Christmas? I know they decorate the boats before and after the holidays. But now I'm getting the impression this is the first one to go through Xmas. :confused:

Are we 10-day AND Xmas guinea pigs?

justmestace
01-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Hey Herc! Another milestone....you got 1650!
I have no idea if DCL has sailed on Christmas Day, but something tells me that they have. I think I've read trip reports about the things that they do on Christmas Day....or I'm just thinking about what we've been told about ours...who knows? I'm blonde, so sometimes it doesn't always sink in! ;)

Hercules10
01-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Hey Herc! Another milestone....you got 1650!

OK...I'm blonde too. Where is there a post counter???

I think I've read trip reports about the things that they do on Christmas Day....or I'm just thinking about what we've been told about ours.

That's what I noticed too! (About the trip reports). I wanted to get some more info on what DCL might do on Xmas Eve and Xmas. But the trip reports were kinda vague in their descriptions. Guess it's time to ask!

lneeley
01-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi all, we are planning to do alot for Christmas. (decorating that is). Since I gave everyone in the family the cruise for 2003 and 2004 as Christmas presents, we've already talked about what we are going to do. Since there are 13 of us (5 kids) and we have four staterooms (deck 6, inside), I am going to bring my biggest suitcase and pack four 3 ft. alpine trees decorated with lights. Then I am bringing lights in four different colors (for the four staterooms) and will be decorating the staterooms. We are putting up stockings for each and every person. Then, I called Disney and found out that our stateroom door is 23" wide, so I have taken Disney Christmas Wrap and we are going to run the paper on the outside of the door from bottom to top and add a big bow and I think I am going to make a Santa's Christmas Wish List on the computer and put the first name of each adult and child in the stateroom on the outside door.

What we are planning on doing (my step daughters (2) and daughter in law (1) and getting on the ship and send all the dads and grandpa straight to the pool and/or buffet, and we are going to go down and decorate the staterooms before the kids come down so they think Mickey and Minnie did it for us.

I've been asking what special things they are going to do on the ship, but haven't found out much. They did say that they do a family gingerbread house building activity, but space is limited, so you have to sign up early. I think as we get closer we will be able to find out more.

I just wish that as it gets closer, someone could get ahold of those daily navigators and put them on one of the sites so we could all print them out and plan our schedule before we even get on the ship. I would then be in heaven! I'm the kind that tracks down my stateroom attendant as soon as I see them in the hallway (if I am not at dinner) and ask for a copy so I can plan the following day.

I wish it was December! Linda

gail1771
01-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Karyn, Randy and Jill have a great trip. we will be thinking of you. say hi to all the disney char.

Gary, I's sorry you had a rough night. Today will be a better day.

No school here today. We got about 12 inches and we are now diging out of the snow. Actually DH is at this moment. The sun started shinning so we will take the kids out in a little while. Actually I hear DD going outside.

Eventhough we do not celebrate Christmas at home we will do a little something on board for the children as they believe in Santa and it will be so much fun for them. Just to see their face light up and there smiles will be awesome.

Have a good day everyone. Fondly-Gail1771

Hercules10
01-28-2004, 09:48 AM
I've been asking what special things they are going to do on the ship, but haven't found out much.

Ya see when I talk to a rep (To make a payment), they talk about how Disney might be doing something "special" on Xmas. Now they got me chomping at the bit to get some intel, cause like you, I like to plan ahead too!

Wonder if the reps are referring to the gingerbread thingy?? :confused:

Dancind
01-28-2004, 10:23 AM
We just did a Christmas cruise, but on Celebrity. It was hard to tell it was Christmas on that ship, the decorations were minimal, but they had a show on Christmas day with the kids and Santa. I have a feeling that DCL will make a MUCH bigger deal out of it. I gave DD her "big" presents before we left, mostly clothes, and brought along a stocking for her "small" (and therefore more expensive) presents. DH and I got the cruise (though I bought him a new wedding ring in Cozumel). I'm going to take more decorations for DCL, somehow. Guess we could decorate the scuba gear that will be hanging all over our cabin!

Lneeley, I love your idea. How fun! My DD 13 will insist on helping, though. Maybe we can surprise Dad.

Happy cruising to Gail, Karyn, and the Princess. Gail, the pre-cruise friends we met on the CC boards were the best part of our Celebrity cruise. Will be interesting to hear what you think of it. Diana

djs113
01-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Herc,

yes DCL definitely cruises each year during christmas.

This years 12/20 - 12/27 cruise was over Christmas.

- David

djs113
01-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Mary,

I have some really nice professionally taken pictures of DCL that Disney sent out for the latest press evant at Disney.

Would you like any of them, I was thinking that you might want to use them in your newsletter some time?

let me know

- David

lneeley
01-28-2004, 02:55 PM
I wonder if anyone on the Magic from 12/20 -12/27/03 has their navigators from Christmas? Maybe I can find the thread from the 12/20 cruise here or on the cruise critic message boards? Maybe we can find someone still posting and get some info from them.

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by djs113
Mary,

I have some really nice professionally taken pictures of DCL that Disney sent out for the latest press evant at Disney.

Would you like any of them, I was thinking that you might want to use them in your newsletter some time?

let me know

- David

David, I would LOVE them. Always looking for some great shots for the newsletter.

Thanks!

Hercules10
01-28-2004, 05:45 PM
IMaybe I can find the thread from the 12/20 cruise here or on the cruise critic message boards? Maybe we can find someone still posting and get some info from them.

I read some of the trip reports. Many didn't mention whether it was the 12/20-12/27 trip. They just said "Christmas cruise". From what I could gather it was status quo on Xmas Eve and Xmas day. They were still over-joyed with their trip though.

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Found this doing a web search:
Holidays Aboard Disney Cruise Line Mean 'Walking In A Magical Wonderland' At Private Bahamian Island

CASTAWAY CAY, Bahamas, Dec. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- "It's a balmy 73 degrees with snow flurries continuing to fall throughout the day," announced the ship's cruise director as the Disney Magic docked at Castaway Cay in the Bahamas.

Just in time for the holiday season, Disney Cruise Line guests are finding themselves literally "walking in a winter wonderland" -- or shall we say Magical Wonderland -- a new themed decor package that has transformed Disney's sandy private island into a "snowy" holiday hideaway.

In addition to "snow" flurries, guests enjoy seeing Christmas trees, Mr. and Mrs. Snowman (with shell noses and tropical shirts), carolers and a sleigh full of presents in the middle of the Bahamas. Disney characters, dressed in holiday island styles, sign autographs and pose for photos to the beat of holiday tunes. Even the island's tram that transports guests across the 1,000-acre island has been decorated to resemble a reindeer, complete with antlers and tail.

At the beach, families learn the art of sand sculpting. Guests may even catch a glimpse of Goofy on a jet ski as he tries his hand at water sports in the lagoon.

Scuttle's Cove, the children's programming area at Castaway Cay, hosts holiday-themed children's activities all day long. Children, ages 3-7, make candy cane reindeer and paper plate angels while kids, ages 8-12, create snowflake-mobiles and clothespin reindeer.

Whether lounging on a sun-drenched beach, participating in a variety of water sports or indulging in the ultimate island barbecue, Castaway Cay offers an authentic tropical experience -- now with a touch of the holidays -- that every member of the family can enjoy.

Onboard, Disney's Magical Holidays celebration continues:

A nearly three-deck-tall tree-lighting ceremony in the atrium lobby, where "snow" magically falls
A Christmas Day visit from Santa Goofy, with surprises for all the kids
Special family time, when families join together to design and decorate their own gingerbread houses
Our own Disney Cruise Line rendition of "T'was the Night Before Christmas" with a reading by Mrs. Claus and caroling by the main stage performers
Traditional holiday feasts in Disney's three themed dining rooms
Multiple faith and inter-denominational holiday services

lneeley
01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
I was reading on one of the threads that for every kid that went to the atrium on Christmas morning, Santa was there and gave every one of them a stuffed animal (my guess-Mickey Mouse)

I have PM'd a gal on the thread that went on Dec 20-27, 2003 aboard the Magic to give me any info and to find out if she has her daily navigators. Also, on the thread, it looks like all of them signed up for the Disney Christmas 2005 cruise. I guess what they actually did was book for Easter 2005, and then as soon as they open the Christmas 2005, they were going to move them all.

Do you think 100% of us will want to go again Christmas 2006?

justmestace
01-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Okay, this may be a really stupid question-- so don't laugh at me (remember I'm blonde)....is there such a thing as battery operated Christmas lights?? We don't have a whole lot of electrical outlets in the rooms.

Totally off-subject.....I was just looking around the DCL stuff on E-Bay....people never cease to amaze me! Someone is selling the Golden Mickeys sign that was stuck on the mirrors on the Wonder the night of the show! $9.99. Someone else is selling DCL shampoo, etc...advertising it as a "Whole Bath Set" or some such thing. The paper luggage tags that are on your bags when you disembark...the list goes on!! Unbelieveable.

justmestace
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
I was reading on one of the threads that for every kid that went to the atrium on Christmas morning, Santa was there and gave every one of them a stuffed animal (my guess-Mickey Mouse)

Do you suppose that when each and every one of US shows up on CHristmas morning for the customs/immigration thing, they'll give us a stuffed toy????

justmestace
01-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh, and by the way, Christmas 2005....I hope to be sailing on the Magic from California down the Mexican Riviera!!!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

afff
01-28-2004, 07:39 PM
I know I have read it on this thread ( a long time ago now ).

Someone here, on this thread will send a postcard from Mickey, to children inviting them on the cruise.

Who was it again? Anyone know?

My kids do not know yet............what a perfect way for them to find out about their vacation on DCL.

I can't wait to see their reaction.
Especially when they receive this postcard from "the most famous mouse in the world".

Thanking you in advance for any info about who sends the postcards.

jilljill
01-28-2004, 07:58 PM
afff, there is a thread on the main DCL board to ask for a postcard for your child, verandahman is handling the requests.

If I remember correctly, DCL was taking bookings for the Christmas 2005 sailings onboard. I will contact someone who was on the 2003 Christmas cruise to ask them and to ask about the navigator's. I will report back when I have some sort of answers.

Dancind
01-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Stace, you can't blame these people for trying to raise a little money to get back on a cruise! Diana

WDWLVR
01-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Okay, this may be a really stupid question-- so don't laugh at me (remember I'm blonde)....is there such a thing as battery operated Christmas lights?? We don't have a whole lot of electrical outlets in the rooms.

Stace, they sure do and that's what we are planning to get. We want to put them around the opening of our porthole (we're in a Navigator's veranda).

wdwgoose
01-28-2004, 08:22 PM
okay now lets think about fire safty onboard ???????????
not sure what they will allow under those rules????????????????
so just remember there are going to be some rules????????
christmas lights remember extension cords !!!!!!! there are NOT many plugs in your cabins.

afff did you get d w pm ???????????????? or e mail?????

well I for one am calling it a night, morning came waaaaay to early for me. another work day tom morrow. hoping for a very QUIET day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary got them and more not very good but I will over night them to you . out in the morning. hope you can use them.

also t shirts should have a color one done next friday,sample picture. I've got them working on the map of islands and replacing that ship with the other one from the !st western cruise shirts. ship to be at an agle like the one only full ship .
hard to tell you how it will look so wait for the picture.

GOOD NIGHT ALL

gaRry

Donalds_best_pal
01-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have not been on this thread for awhile but wanted to check in. I will reintroduce myself to all of you are new and dont remember me. My name is matt and I am 14.(I do all the cruise planning)::yes:: It will be me and my parents with my 6 year old sister. This will be our 3rd cruise on the Magic. I dont know how I can make it until next christmas. Anyways I am getting so excited. I have been getting big into the Disney Pin Trading so that keeps me busy. Hope all is well with everyone and will keep checking in now on a regular basis.
Have a Disney Day!:bounce:
Matt

afff
01-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks JillJill.....I will be sure to look into Verandaman's services.

afff
01-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks GaRry.....I sent you a PM.

Dancind
01-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi Matt, I remember you. Welcome back! My daughter will be 13 on the cruise, and she's big on pin trading too. Be sure and bring some traders on the cruise. Diana

3princesses
01-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone! Our family will be joining you on this fantastic cruise. It will be our second and we are already extremely excited. My girls will be 5,9, and 12 when we sail. All very shy girls. I hope that they can "meet" someone here before we go!

afff
01-28-2004, 11:45 PM
3princesses.........as soon as my daughter ( 9 yrs old )receives the postcard from Mickey, she'll be chatting up a storm.

Donalds_best_pal
01-28-2004, 11:47 PM
I will be sure to bring my pin collection. Maybe your daughter and hi can go to the lobby from 7:30-8:30 when they sell LE pins. Should be fun.
Later,
Matt

WVMD
01-29-2004, 01:50 AM
Welcome 3Princesses.....

My daughter will be 10 at the time of the cruise - and I'm sure would love to meet your girls. She doesn't know about the cruise yet - but will be finding out in the next few months - if we can make it that long without tellling her accidentally....

There's a whole wealth of information on the 115 pages of this thread - but you'll be getting some PMs and posts telling you all about our plans, who's going, the newsletter, etc.....

Welcome to this wild and crazy group!

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by 3princesses
Hi everyone! Our family will be joining you on this fantastic cruise. It will be our second and we are already extremely excited. My girls will be 5,9, and 12 when we sail. All very shy girls. I hope that they can "meet" someone here before we go!

Welcome - I've sent you a pm! Hope you will join us often on the thread to get to know us and so we can get to know you and your family!

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 06:38 AM
gaRry - can't wait to see your pictures!

I totally agree about fire safety - that's why we are going to look for the battery operated lights for the porthole.

We'll be making a magnetic sign for our door as well. Not sure what else - maybe bring stocking to hang.

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Donalds_best_pal
Hi Everyone,
I have not been on this thread for awhile but wanted to check in. I will reintroduce myself to all of you are new and dont remember me. My name is matt and I am 14.(I do all the cruise planning)::yes:: It will be me and my parents with my 6 year old sister. This will be our 3rd cruise on the Magic. I dont know how I can make it until next christmas. Anyways I am getting so excited. I have been getting big into the Disney Pin Trading so that keeps me busy. Hope all is well with everyone and will keep checking in now on a regular basis.
Have a Disney Day!:bounce:
Matt

Matt - we sure remember you! Stop on by more often. We need lots of help as Barb (jilljill) wants post #2000 before she leaves for Ireland. I'm hoping for #3000 and gaRry wants #10,000 before we leave. We can't do it without everyone helping out!

Well show the rest of the cruise meets board tht we are the most fun and active group!

gail1771
01-29-2004, 06:50 AM
Good morning everyone.

Welcome 3 princesses. We have a DAughter who will be almost 8 during the sailing. Her birthday is in March so she will be in the age group with your 5 yearold daughter. She is also on the shy side and we are hoping also that she meets a few girls before the cruise. We also have a son who will be three and a half during the cruise. We already hooked up with someone for him. Deb is such a nice lady. We have been e mailing for months. We are doing the early dining. I am setting up a few tables near each other for early dining if you are intrested just pop me an e mail at gail17@optonline.net I am also setting up a brunch at Palo's a day we are at sea. Our children will be in the children's program for that time. If you are intested just e mail me your first,lastnames and cabin number and I will add your name to the list. Looking forward to hearing from you.

GarRy, I hope you had a quiet night.

Yeah, School today!!!!!
We got 12 inches of snow yesterday. The sun is shining. We suppose to get more snow on Friday night. I hope it is just snow showers. Talk to you all soon. Fondly, Gail1771

::MinnieMo

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 06:51 AM
Great info on the holiday happenings!

lneeley, please do keep us informed if anyone comes up with those navigators.

This kind of information keeps ma cruise fire burning. :D

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 08:15 AM
I looked on Dave's site as he has some specials ones up there, but he has New Years Eve, not Christmas.

If anyone finds somebody with them I'll be happy to have them scanned and added to the web page for the group so everyone can see them.

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 08:18 AM
Barb & Tony have navigators from the Wonder cruise this past Christmas.

www.*****************

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 08:32 AM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping1:

Mary, I think I just fell in love wit you! :D Thanks for the link!

Looks like it's gonna be a great time with some great Disney touches. Can't wait. Woo-Hoo!

jilljill
01-29-2004, 09:53 AM
3princesses, Welcome to this :crazy: and :jester: group of cruisers. We are all very harmless and willing to help anyone that needs it.
Our DD will be 10 at cruise time. We are one of the 'mean' families that is not telling the child about the cruise for our own sanity ::yes::

Matt, glad to see you posting again. We will bring our traders with us too.

tkd lisa
01-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Herc, you better watch it! Mark will get jealous!

3princesses, welcome to the group! My DD will be 12 on the cruise, and she does know about it already. Fee free to use the pm feature for the girls to get to know each other!

School here today as well! 2 hour delay for the ice to melt before the buses ventured out, but school!!

GaRry, looking forward to pictures of the shirts!

And Donald's pal, good to hear from you again.

jilljill
01-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Forgot to mention - school here today finally!!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!! I'm sure the kids don't think it's good , but the parents are glad.

Dancind
01-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Wecome, 3Princesses. Make sure you ask GaRy to add you to his list! My DD will be 13 1/2 on the cruise, we're still looking for a hook up for her too.

Matt, I usually go to pin trading too. But I'm sure my daughter will enjoy knowing someone else there besides Mom.

OK, I'm posting the late dining group again. Let me know if I missed anyone. Diana

Second seating

Dancind (Diana, Kevin, DD13 Alicia)
DVC4US (Leilani, DH, DD15, DD8)
WVMD (Virgil, DW, DD19, DD10)
Jilljill (Barb, Jay, DD10 Alexa)
GaRy (GaRy, DW, kid1? , kid2? )
Tdk lisa (Lisa, DH, DS11, DD12, in-laws)
Tinkfan (Tina, Sam, DS11, DD13)
Kabuli (Karyn, Randy, Princess Jill (DD-18); Collin (DS#2-21); Derek (DS#1-23) and his Elaina (DFiance-23)!
Athurstance (Angela, Paul, DS12 (George); DS10 (Harry) (wait what happened to Ringo & John?))

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 10:09 AM
I just wonder if the activities will be scaled back a little since the navigators were for "At sea" and we'll be in St. Thomas on Xmas. I would think (hope) that DCL would pretty much do the same regardless of at sea or at port.

Wonder what their holiday food was?....besides the gingerbread houses. :D

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Dancind
OK, I'm posting the late dining group again. Let me know if I missed anyone.

When you say "Late" do you mean the 8:00 seating? That's our time.

lneeley
01-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Good morning all! I am thinking the the Magic's itinerary will be different from the Wonder's from Christmas, if only because of the 10 day itinerary. I wish we were at sea on Christmas Day and not in port. I read on one of the threads that there was prime rib for Christmas dinner.

Anyway, welcome 3princesses, my 11 year old DD thinks she is a princess, she acts like it every day! Anyway Jamie will be 12 on the cruise. If tdklisa and 3 princesses wants to PM me, I'll give you Jamie's own email address and she can start emailing back and forth with your girls. She is also going to start emailing with Emily (I think Gail's daughter, if I remember right), but she has just been real busy. I'll try to get her on it this weekend. I don't like her spending tons of time on the computer at home, or she doesn't get anything else done.

The Disney Magic 2003 Christmas Group has started their own private board at DisneyMagic@smartgroups.com, but I am not sure how to get to it. I am still waiting for the PM from one of their group members.

Also, I found the battery operated Christmas lights at one of our specialty stores here in Salt Lake City. They are called Modern Display. They sell commercial trees, lights, decorations, fixtures, etc. I could never find them at the discount stores or the garden centers. Anyway, they work great. I have a wreath that we use them on. I am wondering if you can find them on the internet somewhere.

I also went to Ebay and started looking at stuff, I want to get 4 Disney ties (1 for DH and the other 3 for grown boys) so they have them for the cruise. There seem to be plenty out there. If anyone else knows a place to find them, please let me know.

Anyway, I guess I really need to get to work now, I have an audit in 12 days, and I'm not ready!

Linda

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Not sure if this is from 2002 or 2003, but Dave has the Christmas menu on his site. Here is the link Special christmas menu (http://www.dcltribute.com/menus/christmas.htm)

Prime Rib, Virginia Ham, Roast Turkey, Seafood Pasta and Scallops are the entrees - yum, yum!

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by tkd lisa
Herc, you better watch it! Mark will get jealous!

I think Herc is safe - Mark doesn't ever read this thread :D

Now if a certain someone spills the beans in chat - that is a whole other story!

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Not sure if this is from 2002 or 2003, but Dave has the Christmas menu on his site.

Prime Rib, Virginia Ham, Roast Turkey, Seafood Pasta and Scallops are the entrees - yum, yum!

Crawfish and Lobster Bisque...English Pudding and Honey Mustard Chicken Tenderloins. I just gained 20 lbs looking at that menu! YUUUUUM-YUM!

P.S. Mary would it help if I just slightly lust after you? :hyper:

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Herc - you're good for my ego!

Great job on posting everyone. If we can hit 1700 today (only two away now) we have only 300 to go before Barb leaves for Ireland. 9 days 300 posts - that's down to only 33 a day!

We can do it!

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 12:48 PM
The one thing I'm really looking forward to is the choir. The navigator said something about an international choir - I assume made up of castmembers on board.

I would love to see them do the Candlelight processional on board - that is such a part of the holiday season at Disney for us.

lneeley
01-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Okay, I've lost 10 lbs. since Jan. 1. I just looked at the menu and I am sure I will regain those 10 just from the Christmas dinner. I am watering at the mouth just thinking about it. I think I'll be ordering 1 of each entree that night.

tkd lisa
01-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Did lneeley get 1600?

Mary, I'd never say a word in chat!! I'll be at an AWANAS sleep over this Friday anyway.

Christmas dinner, mmmmmm!

athurstance
01-29-2004, 01:14 PM
That menu looks wonderful - just been reading through some of the other menus on Dave's site - wow so much delicious food - don't know if I'll ever be able to choose just one.
I was delighted that they have Turkey with all the trimmings on offer for Xmas dinner - I thought this was just British thing - and English pudding too - excellent.
I am starting dieting straight away now - I just know I am going to eat too much on this cruise - there is a gym on the Magic isn't there?

Angela

jilljill
01-29-2004, 01:43 PM
When you say "Late" do you mean the 8:00 seating? That's our time.
Actually Herc, late seating is at 8:30. I guess you need to be added to the list.

lneeley, congrats on #1700.

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 02:46 PM
8:30!!! Yesh Dear! :)

Also on the link that Mary provided were some recent pics of CC decked out. CUTE!!!!! CC in holiday decor (http://www.*******************/ccxmas.htm)

lneeley
01-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Wow, I was 1700 and didn't even know it. Is there a way to know what number post we are on without going to the Cruise Meets page? If there is, clue me in! Thanks.

justmestace
01-29-2004, 02:51 PM
Ineeley,
Walmart has Disney ties...they're nice quality and inexpensive, too. I just ordered battery-operated Christmas lights online, I just did a search for "Christmas Lights". Good prices, too.

Finally managed to drag myself to the gym today..I forgot how much I really liked it!

Diana, we have late seating....myself, DH, DD14, DS11. (at cruise time).

I'm beginning to think I am really loco...I already have planned out what we (I) want to do at each stop, right down to the notes like "9:00 a.m get off ship...get taxi...go to..etc etc"
One time I made an itinerary for WDW and had each day on little cards that I laminated. NEVER again will I go that far! I have never heard the end of the teasing. :crazy2:

jilljill
01-29-2004, 02:58 PM
8:30!!! Yesh Dear! :)

:rotfl: :jumping1: :rotfl:
Now don't be late each night. Actually, in your case, you would have been early each night :teeth:

justmestace
01-29-2004, 02:59 PM
Just found my receipt for the Xmas lights. I got them at www.save-on-crafts.com and they were $1.49 for a ten light strand. I got 4 strands, figured that would be plenty.

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Now don't be late each night. Actually, in your case, you would have been early each night :teeth:

With THAT menu I'll need to show up early to start the shoveling!
:faint:

lneeley
01-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the website on the lights, I was going to ask for that.
And thanks for the heads up on the ties. I'll check it out!

jilljill
01-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Not sure if this is from 2002 or 2003, but Dave has the Christmas menu on his site. Here is the link Special christmas menu (http://www.dcltribute.com/menus/christmas.htm)

I just looked at the menus - forget the entrees, I'm going straight for dessert!!!!!

Here's a question for athurstance:
What is Holiday English Pudding?!? I have had a lot of english desserts, but never this one. Would it be similiar to Sticky Toffee Pudding?!?

DisneyPinDiva
01-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Whoooo hooo.. just booked the 10 Night Christmas cruise today!!
How do I sign up for the newsletters, meets etc? I've been trying to read this whole thread but it could take forever... where's the readers digest version? I've been on these boards a long long time ago but couldn't get back in so I had to re-register with a new name... some of you may know me from Pin trading...
Glad to be aboard and can't wait! ::MickeyMo

lneeley
01-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Welcome Disney Pin Diva! It's great to have you on the boards! How many of you are cruising and if there are kids what are there ages? I have a DD 11 (12 on cruise), I know a bunch of us on the boards either have kids already corresponding via email or working on getting there.

Anyway, share some more info! Can't wait till the cruise. I wish it was December, 2004!

Linda

DisneyPinDiva
01-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I was just so excited about the booking and then finding this thread that I forgot to mention the details!
There are only two of us sailing.. DH and myself. Kids are grown and out of the nest so they get to stay here and watch our "new kids" 4 Golden Retrievers! (Sure wish Disney would have a ship with a kennel...LOL)
This will be our 4th Disney Cruise. We have a Navigatiors verandah on Deck 6. Late dinner seating. We have sailed the week before Xmas before... and the ship was absolutely beautiful. We're looking forward to the two new ports... although I would be just as happy to stay on the ship in the Rainforest Room!
I'm an avid pin collector/trader so I'm hoping there will be some special pins available too!
I had not thought about Xmas decorations, but it sounds like a great idea! What fun!

Hercules10
01-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by DisneyPinDiva
There are only two of us sailing.. DH and myself.

Woo-Hoo! Another Lostboy and girl! Just like Wifey and I who refuse to grow up. :cool1:

DisneyPinDiva
01-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Glad to see we're not the only ones...LOL :wizard:
Would appreciate any info on the Navigators verandah... we've never done one before. We don't spend much time in the room, but for 10 nights... I didn't want the claustrophobia to kick in..
:teeth:
I'm hoping someone will contact me with a password to the other website and info on the Palo meet. This will also be the first time we go as castaway club members... what special perks does that entitle us to? I don't know why but it never kicked in for our last two cruises.
I'm a frustrated planner too.. and now I'm wondering how many formal nights there will be and how many pounds I have to lose in order to fit into a formal dress... then allow for gaining them all back during the cruise and still fitting into something ....LOL and losing them again before I do the marathon again on Jan 9!!!
ahhh such dilemmas!
Any other DVC'ers out there? How about Pin Traders?
Okay enough rambling...

Donalds_best_pal
01-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the group. I know you RadPinLady from dizpins. My name is msett on there and I think we have talked before. Look forward to meeting you in 11 Months.
Have a Disney Day,
Matt:wave:

lneeley
01-29-2004, 05:58 PM
DisneyPinDiva- Lots of DVC members are on this board. We have owned at Old Key West since 1994. You'll get a PM from Mary (I think) and she will give you the password to get into the page on her website (monorailgreen.info). She does newsletters every month, it is pretty awesome. And then Gail will email you about the brunch at Palo's. Just give them a little time to read your messages and they will be right on top of it. They are great resources.

The special perks we have gotten as Castaway Club members has been one towel per stateroom. I don't think they've changed the perks and we have numerous towels. Oh, plus we get that reception with the Captain.

Haven't stayed in the Navigators verandah, but I am sure someone out there knows about it.

Talk to you soon.....Linda

gail1771
01-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi DisneyPinDiva. Welcome aboard. I just sent you am e mail.
Those battery operated lights sound awesome. I am getting even more excitied if that is possible reading the past few pages. I am equally excited about our Celberity Cruise on the Summit two weeks from tomorrow. No Kids-Yeah!!! We will be the kids without the kids!!!!!!!! anyway, have a good night all. Fondly-Gail1771

wdwgoose
01-29-2004, 09:03 PM
moving right along.!!!!!! have not posted today very busy at work with other things. No fire calls so thats VERY good.
1700 post great going!!!!!!!!! hoping to do my share
tom morrow.
WELCOME NEW CRUISERS ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! I lost count on how many groups so far ? ? ? ? ? ?

Mary please e mail me your adress I'm sure i had it :confused:
will over night pics to you. go out in the morning. SORRY didn't make it to the mail!!!!!! :teeth: :yo-yo:

check the list on page 100 think some names are not right will fix them on page 120!!!!!
well have a good night I'm going to try to !!!!!!!!:tongue: :smooth: :earseek: :teeth:

gaRry

jilljill
01-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Reader's Digest version.
We are all a bunch of :crazy: and :jester: cruisers who like to have a lot of fun and joke around with each other. We also help each other when needed.
Some/many of us like our wine with corks (me being the leader there) and some like screw caps (gaRry leading that pack). We are looking at having a wine party, with wines from all over the country, in a Cat. 1, but we can't kind out who's in either if those cabins.

Mary (WDWLVR) is in charge of the newsletter.
Gail (Gail1771) is in charge of a group ressie for a Palo brunch.
gaRry (wdwgoose) is in charge of the group list - who's going and what cabin you are in.

That should just about cover the major parts.
Have fun reading all 115 pages at your leisure :D

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Glad to see we're not the only ones...LOL :wizard:
Would appreciate any info on the Navigators verandah... we've never done one before. We don't spend much time in the room, but for 10 nights... I didn't want the claustrophobia to kick in..
:teeth:
I'm hoping someone will contact me with a password to the other website and info on the Palo meet.

Leslie - welcome to this fun and crazy group. I sent you a pm about the newsletter. Tried to earlier, but then boards went down while I was reading the thread!

DH and I are in a Navigators veradah on deck 7. We love them. This will be our 3rd time in one. If you check out Barb and Tony's site www.***************** they have pictures of them.

DH and I are one of couples without kids (like Herc and his wife).

Welcome again - hope you post often and enjoy the newsletter!

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 09:18 PM

Mary please e mail me your adress I'm sure i had it :confused:
will over night pics to you. go out in the morning. SORRY didn't make it to the mail!!!!!! :teeth: :yo-yo:

gaRry

gaRry - e-mail sent! Can't wait to see the pictures. The February newsletter may be a little late guys - but I think it will be great!

WDWLVR
01-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Any other DVC'ers out there? How about Pin Traders?

Leslie - I'm a pin collector and will bring some traders along as well. We have a number of pin traders on the cruise and I'm excited to meet them and talk and trade pins.

DH and I are DVC members since Jan. 2000 and own at Boardwalk and Vero Beach. In fact we are thinking of staying at Vero the night before the cruise.

WDWLVR
01-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Good morning everyone!

It is cold here in Chicago -7 brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Anyway hope you all stay warm. gaRry - I hope you don't have too many calls today in this cold (I'm sure you are just as cold over in Michigan as we are here).

Keep your fingers warm by posting and keep the rest of you warm by thinking of our wonderful cruise!

Have a great day everyone! I'll try and log on at lunch time.

jilljill
01-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Funny, how you miss something when it is gone for hours. How do they expect us to get to #2000 before I leave if the boards keep going down to change servers?!?

Good morning to everyone. Gloomy and flurrying here this morning. They are calling for more snow later this weekend - enough is enough!

Hercules10
01-30-2004, 07:30 AM
Leslie - welcome to this fun and crazy group. I sent you a pm about the newsletter.

What dis newsletter everyone keeps talkin 'bout? :confused: :confused: :confused:

jilljill
01-30-2004, 07:34 AM
What dis newsletter everyone keeps talkin 'bout? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Poor Herc, he's out of the loop. How in the world did that happen?!? :eek:
Just PM Mary your email addy and she will send you the info to receive the newsletter.

WDWLVR
01-30-2004, 07:38 AM

Herc - pm has been sent (I was sending it while jilljill was writing here about it) :D

Hope you enjoy it!

tkd lisa
01-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Welcome Leslie: I agree with the Reader's Digest version you got. Going out on a limb here, I'd say we're about 65% repeat cruisers, and about 25% no kids coming along. One thing no one mentioned was our DIS attire. GaRry and Vicki (wdwgoose and cruisingoose) are working on t-shirts for the group (some in bright colors,some in less noticeable colors), and several of us are working on lime green/white Christmas scarves for a caroling expedition!

David (djs something) puts out trivia questions every so often for our reading/researching enjoyment as well as the newsletter, cruise list, and brunch coordination already mentioned.

Diana (dancind) is coordinating a trip on Antigua for the eco excursion, and someone's hubby is coordinating scuba (sorry, can't remember who). Several mid-western folks in the group had a mini-meet in Chicago early this fall, and GaRry, Vicki and my family cruised together in May 02, but the rest of the group is a virtual community who've never met before. Now that I typed that, I think GaRry said he met someone else on the thread at a WDW meet, but I forget who.

That's enough for now. It's probably not the reader's digest version anymore cause it's too long! But one last thing. Come to cruise chat Friday nights, and you might get to know some of us better.

gail1771
01-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Good morning everyone. It is so so cold in NY. It is still very icy and to much snow on the ground for me. I am so looking forward to spring time.

Diana, I met some nice people on the CruiseCritic Mix and Mingle for Celebrity. We are all getting together the afternoon we sail away. It should be fun.

Anyone else who is intrested in early dining seating with us you can e mail me at gai117@optonline.net I am setting up a few tables together.

GaRry I hope your day is quiet as I am sure it is very cold where you are.

djs113
01-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Disneypindiva (RadPin) and DonaldsPal (Matt),

welcome aboard

whenever you guys want to trade pins, let me know!

I have over 7000 now, and still counting!

I was a moderator over on Dizpins for over 2 years, and I am still one of the administrators for Figgy on Pinpics.

- David

WDWLVR
01-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone - checking in at lunch since it is way too cold to go out!

How is everyone doing?

wdwgoose
01-30-2004, 04:03 PM
GOOD MORNING ALL !!!!!!!
well thats what i said earlier when i could not get on the boards.
got me thinking about the last cruise with tkdlisa I think we had to start 3 or 4 new threads because something always happen to ours. never did get a count of how many post we really had???
so long day for me very cold already broke the manure spreader. oooppps. now have to empty it to fix it. I think it was froze when i loaded it . so try for latter WAY TOO COLD now !!!
waiting for d w to get home:confused: :mad: :(
still have nothing on the apr. 10 cruise so maybee i really should just book a cabin for me and if she wants to go then ????????

CHAT NIGHT 9 P M SO newbies and older join in. think I'll make it????????

gaRry

lneeley
01-30-2004, 04:23 PM
How do you get in to the chat? And is it 9 p.m. EST?

Linda

djs113
01-30-2004, 06:19 PM
9 pm EST

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259541

have fun

- David

djs113
01-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Mary,

just sent you some very high definition dcl pictures for the newletter or your site

i can't send you more, since I maxed out your email box.

If you can save them to your hard drive, then delete them from your email, I can send you some more.

- David

WDWLVR
01-30-2004, 08:03 PM
David - great pics (I only opened 2 so far). When I went to save them it said that 2 were the same.

I'm off to chat - will look at them after that!

Thanks!

WDWLVR
01-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Had a great chat tonight - almost everyone there was from our cruise! We had David (djs113), Linda (lneely), gaRry & vicki as well (and me of course).

Hope we can do it again soon.

Of course as I said in chat - if we had done that here we'd be well on our way to that 2000th post. :D

DisneyPinDiva
01-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I was reading the newsletters and other posts and didn't get to the post about the chat until after the chat was over! Then again I am technologically impaired so I probably wouldn't have been able to figure out how to do it in time anyway!
Thanks for the Readers Digest version of the thread.. now hopefully I can keep up!
Does anyone know when Disney will have info on the new ports and any excursions that might be available? I am WAY too anxious to get into my anal planning mode! DH wants to spend the entire cruise in the Rainforest Room, which is also one of my favorite places, but when there are new ports to explore and tropical island beverages to be tasted... I'm there!

My sympathies to all of you suffering in the freezing cold... it was a balmy 72 here today.... :sunny:

Cruisin'goose
01-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi all

Mary it was a nice chat while it lasted. My computer tossed me off and I really had a difficult time trying to get back on - when I finally did every one was gone which means of course I missed the horns - one of the best parts of chat night.

I have really been lax on keeping up my part of getting us to 10000 posts. I know gaRry has done mine and his.

It is really cold here tonight - don't think it is going to be much warmer tomorrow. I can't wait til spring (and that of course is closer to our cruise!!!)

Kayrn & princess: Jill hope you have a fantastic cruise. Send some warm weather this way please.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Vicki
:boat:

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 05:20 AM
Vicki - it was great to see you in chat. We never had the horn because there was no chat host last night. Karen is usually the one that plays the horn for us.

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 05:21 AM
3princesses - if you are reading this go check your pm's. I think the e-mail I got was from you this morning, but the reply was blocked by AOL and wouldn't go through. :D

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 05:23 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday!

Today's the day Karyn, Randy and Jill sail so if you are near a computer log on to the port cam about 5 eastern or two palms about 5:30 and you can see them leave (links are on the main web page for our cruise).

gail1771
01-31-2004, 06:42 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Karyn, Randy and Jill ahve a great time!!!

Gary, bundle up out there.

I am so wishing for warm weather as it is so so cold in NY this morning. They are saying more snow and rain on Tuesday. I hope they are wrong!!!!!!! Our Dog Harmony is having trouble outside as It is so cold and so much snow is still around. What does melt than freezes making it hard to walk.

One of these days I will figure out how to get into the chat room. I have tried several times and I can't get in. It sounds like so much fun.

I thought that when you rent a tux from the cruise line that you pay the tux fee everytime you use it. If there were 3 formal nights and you used it all three nights you would pay three times.
I just found out it is one fee as I rented it for DH on our Celebrity cruise in two weeks ans they charged me for the whole crusie $85.00 for the tux and $12.00 for the shoes. They also give you two shirts with it and all the other stuff you need. They bring it right to your room. That is so cool. Does anyone know if Disney does it the same way as this is an outside company that delivers it to your room and than picks it up at the end of the cruise. If this is the case DH will be wearing one on the 12/18 sailing as he looks so handsome in one. DH has one disney tie but I will be looking for another one for him and two for DS. As soon as we mention the Disney Cruise and WDW to DS he chats up a storm about going and seeing Mickey, Minnie and all his buddies. It is so cute. DD is past that but can not wait to go either. I wish I had waited to tell them as it is so far away but I guess they can dream about it and it is so cute to hear DS talk.
DS will say I am going to see Mickey and Minnie and gGoofy and Donald and Daffy and Captian Hook and he goes on and on and on!! He says it with such enthusiasm and excitiment that you want to eat him up. I have to get this on video tape.

I guess you can tell we are all so psyched for this cruise and meeting you all.

Have a great day everyone. Gail::MinnieMo

WDWLVR
01-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Gail, Disney uses the same formalwear company as Celebrity.

It is Cruiseline Formalwear (http://www.cruiselineformal.com) for those who are interested.

DH rented from them on our May 2001 cruise and plans to again for the 12/18 cruise.

gail1771
01-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi it's me again.

MARY, I had an idea brainstorming. Let me know what your thoughts are on this as you do such an awesome job with the news letter.

Since only a few people have met each other and know what each other's look like how about toward our cruise date we either do a spreadsheet with everyone pictures in it and it gets e mailed to everyone so we can find each other???????

OR

We add all the pictures to the November 2004 newletter???????? As I see you can attach pictures to the newsletters.

I am sure this is a lot of work and I would not want to impose on anyone but mabye we could figure out a way to do this if the above two suggestions don't work. I figured since eveyone reads the nesletter that would be a good place to post it. If it is to much to do. We can scratch that idea.

I would do it but I do not have a scanner or can I at this moment take an e mail picture and attach it to something else. My computer at this moment is giving me such a hard time opening up e mails with attachments. My anti virus protection tells me that every attachment I get has a bug. I have to get this straightened out. It is driving me crazy. Ever since the computer was fixed form that virus months ago now I can't open up anything. I am waitting for the man who installed it to fix the problem.

What are your thoughts on this???????

Oh also where are we all going to get together and meet on the ship?
How about at the sailaway party? What about picking a place and time and all meeting there??
What are everyone's thoughts on that???????

I know the cruise is far off but I like to plan way in advance and have it all set up since it is a big group and growing all the time. If you all think we should table this for a while that is ok too.
It is listening to my DS be so excitied that I want to plan way ahead eventhough it is so far away. Talk to you all soon. Have a great day all.

I am having trouble getting e mails for this site when someone responds to the DIS. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem ????? I have to go back and check in through an old e mail from two days ago. All my other boards for getting e mails are working but this one. Thanks.
Have a great day everyone. Gail
::MinnieMo :Pinkbounc

wdwgoose
01-31-2004, 07:06 AM
good freezing morning!!!!!!!
if anyone is cruising TODAY do you have room for me?????????
2 degress outside )not wind chill( !!!!!! had computer trouble last night sorry.
jillyBean would you guys look for a room hostess on deck 8 aft
her name is sharon c. please tell her we said hi and when we cruise )also I'm still hoping for apr. 10. When you get to PALO
ask if Zita is there?????? if so please ask to have her. they are all got but she will have some very good stories tell about Vicki??
one more thing waitors one name vikki he might be head waitor by now. these are the ones on board that made a big and better cruise for us.........
now Karyn , randy & HIGHNESS why are you reading this ????
YOU should be over getting in line AND being first in line.
DID you go watch the magic come in at 4 am???????????????
its a nice morning walk???!!!?????? well I need more COFFEE and then work to do enjoy the day>>>>>>

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-31-2004, 07:18 AM
YES DECK PARTY midship port side ( if you look down and see water go to the other side of ship) deck 10
look for the one and only WDWGOOSE hat
and then all the lime green shirts and the very loud crazy and fun dressed cruisers then your in the right (well maybee wrong )
place. If you stay or just visit the raddision the night before the criose then you really will not cruise with this bunch of :jester:
pirate: princess: :yo-yo: :tongue: :earseek: :hyper: :teeth: :grouphug: :jumping1: :rotfl: :firefight so did I miss anyone ?????????

gaRry