PDA

View Full Version : 20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

WVMD
12-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Hmmmm - I wonder if this is it????

jilljill
12-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Thank you Mary. Merry Christmas to you too!!!

I must get a life if this is what I waited for all day long :) But then it is Christmas and we will be in a warm place this time next year.

WVMD
12-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Sorry JillJill - meant for the 1000 post to be yours - didn't mean to snipe it away........

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by WVMD
Hmmmm - I wonder if this is it????

You took 1000! Sorry jilljill :( Do you want to do 2000? :D

I'll call 3000 for myself. gaRry will be so mad the girls are all playing tonight while he's working:D

jilljill
12-25-2003, 07:49 PM
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!? Well, #1001 is a good place to start the next goal - 2000 by March 1?

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 07:52 PM
If we are this competitive about posts can you imagine what we'll be like about getting on board. :rotfl:

jilljill
12-25-2003, 07:53 PM
Sorry JillJill - meant for the 1000 post to be yours - didn't mean to snipe it away........
The only consolation is that next year we will have lots of :sunny: and warm weather, not the snow that you have.

WVMD
12-25-2003, 07:56 PM
The girls??????

Hmmmmm........

Merry Christmas to all!!

Virgil

jilljill
12-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
If we are this competitive about posts can you imagine what we'll be like about getting on board. :rotfl:
Mary, it's all good!!!
I don't care if I'm first onboard or not, as long as I get onboard.
Now, if we are talking wine and shrimp, that's another story. I almost forgot, my DD is very good at spotting good pins to trade for, she learned from a good teacher. :earseek:

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 07:57 PM
One year from today we'll be sailing away from St. Thomas. After spending the afternoon with my in-laws I'll be looking forward to spending Christmas away. :D

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 07:59 PM
The girls??????

Hmmmmm........

Merry Christmas to all!!

Virgil

Sorry Virgil - can I claim insanity due to too much turkey?

jilljill
12-25-2003, 08:01 PM
After spending the afternoon with my in-laws I'll be looking forward to spending Christmas away. :D
:eek: :scratchin :jumping1:

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 08:08 PM
The ballad of post 1000

Way back when on post 900 that crazy chick WDWLVR (known henceforth in this storry by :wave: offered up the challenge to get to 1000 by the end of the year.

The thread was slowing down until we hit the one year mark on 12/18 and then gaRry :firefight the firefighter made it his goal to claim #1000.

Princess jilljill princess: wanted it to be hers! Others started to look at it as well.

Christmas morning had come and gone and Santa had brought no one the gift of 1000 yet.

:firefight spent his time at the firehouse bumping up the thread. Tonight would be the night!

Karyn :sunny: helped him out until princess: signed on.

We were getting close! :wave: logged on and saw we were in the 990's.

princess: would post - then :wave: would post - :firefight was away from the keyboard.

In the spirt of the season :wave: offered princess: #1000. What should happen? Virgil the pirate: snatched it away.

Then :wave: made a comment about "girls" - found out pirate: was not a girl and got :blush:

So what were the rest of you doing on December the 25th?

wdwgoose
12-25-2003, 08:09 PM
SURE SURE SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats it I I I do all the hard work and ????????????

DON'T EVEN THINK OF getting the 10,000 post!!!!!!!

thats IT ALL you females and just me!!!!!!!! very fine I'm going to eat my pie with cool whip and go to bed.......

1012 post yep yep yep!!!!!!!! OKAY

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-25-2003, 08:12 PM
GREAT I love it. sorry girls ooopss

gaRry

jilljill
12-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Hey :wave: thanks for the story about :firefight , :sunny: , pirate: and the princess:

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Just doing my part to get you to 2000 princess:

WVMD
12-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Mary - loved the story.....

My wife thinks I'm insane - well she knows that - but I'll be sitting reading this thraed and laughing out loud..........

I cannot wait to meet everybody - and drink some wine - NO not Boone's farm... Discussing the stories we've shared over the last year....

Well - gotta go see a few patients.....

:hyper:

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 08:24 PM
Virgil - my DH is doing the same thing. Wanted to know what I was laughing about.

Even though I'm not a wine drinker I can't wait to meet all of you as well.

This was a lot of fun and just think how much more fun we'll be having as we count down to the cruise!

jilljill
12-25-2003, 08:25 PM
WVMD - We have a couple of things in common: my DH thinks I'm insane when I sit here :rotfl: and drinking wine (sounds like you like good wine too, the kind with corks not screw caps).
gaRry, I haven't brought up the cork issue in a long while. :p
Mary, at this rate we may make it to 2000 rather quickly. Do you think we should move the goal date from 3/1/04 to 2/1/04?!?

WDWLVR
12-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Let's see - 1st post 6/23 to 1000th post 12/25

Better leave it as 3/1 jilljill :D

paulcrsb
12-25-2003, 09:32 PM
WOW!

I go out to my mom's for Christmas dinner and you guys go wild.

Nice job getting to 1000 everyone!

Paul

Kabuli1
12-25-2003, 10:44 PM
wowowowowowow! :sunny: here! I get back from Love Actually and look where you all got! After all my hard work today w/ just gaRry and Virgil to keep me company!

Nice job! Wow, so 2000 is claimed and 3000? I WANT 5000!!!

Karyn

Great story Mary!

WDWLVR
12-26-2003, 07:07 AM
One year from today we'll be enjoying our last sea day as we head to Castaway Cay.

For those of you who haven't seen them take a look at Alex's pictures from his cruise. He's got some beautiful shots of the lobby decorated for the holidays as well as some great shots of Castaway Cay (including the tram decorated like a red-nosed reindeer).

ohiominnie
12-26-2003, 09:33 AM
I cannot wait to meet everybody - and drink some wine - NO not Boone's farm... Discussing the stories we've shared over the last year....

Virgil,
Still hoping we can link our ressies sometime! :) That is, if I can convince you to do early seating. :)
We'll share the wine package with you. Did it for the first time this last trip and LOVED it! :)
Must go pack for the trip to Cleveland...

wdwgoose
12-26-2003, 09:51 AM
You all did a fine job reaching 1000! At the current rate we will pass 10,000. (if you all continue to post at yesterday's rate)

Great story Mary - you are the creative one of the cuise. Have you knitted any scarves lately??

Can't wait until next year! I had to work Christmas Eve 11pm -3am and was useless yesterday. :faint: Good thing GaRry was at work. :firefight

I will try to do my part to get us to 2000. But I usually have to get GaRry away from the computer first.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and wishing everyone a Blessed New Year!!!!

Vicki
:wave: :sunny: :wave2: :sunny: :wave:

sanders3209
12-26-2003, 10:30 AM
Hi! I'm Ken and I'm tkd lisa's Father in law. While visiting for Christmas, Lisa set up my wife Diane and me with an account. Looking forward to seeing you all next year.

Ken

WDWLVR
12-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Ken,

Welcome to the DIS and this wonderful group! Lisa is going to have you all prepared and hopefully she has shared some of the info with you and is not going to make you read all 1022+ posts.:D

WDWLVR
12-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by wdwgoose
Great story Mary - you are the creative one of the cuise. Have you knitted any scarves lately??

I may be creative word wise - but I'm not good at knitting or crocheting. I thought Karyn was going to take care of that for us.::yes::

Kabuli1
12-26-2003, 11:28 AM
Yep, I'm the knitter/crocheter - however, these hand have been busy w/ other chores - maybe after our move I can start in on that!

Hi Ken, welcome! I think you should read all 1024 or so posts!

Vicki! Hi, so good to see you! You don't check in often enough.

Karyn

MSEC-DVC95
12-26-2003, 06:07 PM
Hi Everyone!

We are also booked for the 2004 Christmas Cruise!! I sent Mary an E-Mail with our info. There will be 4 of us - me, DH, DD (age 9 at cruise time) and DS (age 6 at cruise time). We are currently booked in a cat 4 room but are on the waitlist for a cat 3 - looks like some people are having luck with the waitlist - good news - keeping fingers crossed!! This will be our 2nd cruise - we did a 3-day 2 years ago and the kids loved it!! They can't wait for next year's cruise!! Can't wait to read the newletters!!!

Happy Holidays!!

Michele

WDWLVR
12-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the DIS Michele and welcome to the 10 day cruise thread as well! I got your e-mail and sent you the info on the newsletter. Hope you enjoy them! Need to start working on January's:D

Hey all its Friday night - anyone going to chat! I'll be there. Maybe Mark too (DSL is a wonderful thing).

afff
12-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey MSEC-DVC95

I couldn't help noticing.....your kids and mine are pretty well the same age.
Fantastic ( playmates )
My kids ....... DS age 6 and DD age 10.

Mine do not know as of yet.
Its killing me not to tell them.

jilljill
12-26-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi everyone, princess: here - for those of you who read Mary's wonerful story.

Welcome to Ken and Michele.

If Michele gets a cat. 3 then we can have a wine party there too. So many parties, so many bottles of wine and so little time.

Karyn, #5000 is saved for you!!!

justmestace
12-26-2003, 11:37 PM
:wave2: Hi Everyone! We're still hanging in there, paying for the cruise bit by bit and hoping for the upgrade from a 4 to a 3. By the looks of it, I don't think it will happen....there aren't that many of them.
Anyway, I have to quit going out of town, I keep getting further and further behind in my reading of all the posts. It looks like there will be no "strangers" on this cruise!
I was so excited when my countdown timer got past the 365 day mark.
Disneyland was great, but doesn't quite help get rid of the "I NEED to go on a cruise!" feeling. The four of us agreed, after a long day in the parks, that we are much more the Disney cruise types.
I can't wait for this Christmas cruise, but it also seems silly to be wishing to be a whole year older!!!! I don't have that many to spare! :teeth:

MSEC-DVC95
12-27-2003, 08:38 AM
Hi Afff - that is so cool that you kids are the same ages!! My daughter will be thrilled to have a friend on board - she actually asked me if there would be any other girls her age on board - I had a hard time not to laugh - I don't think she realizes how many kids will be on the cruise!!! My son will be happy too!!

JillJill - if we get the cat 3 then by all means we can have a wine party there too!!

Michele

jilljill
12-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Michele, thanks for letting me invite all my new friends to your suite (hopefully :) ) for a party.

My DD will be 10 when we cruise. So more kids her age to hang out with too.

wdwgoose
12-27-2003, 01:22 PM
MORE NEWBIES, WELCOME
ALRIGHT well we passed the 1000, others are claming theres
and I'll wait til mine 10,000 post
very good story that was great, and to think i left for a short time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well it was nice
so another day at work for me. just could not say no for the overtime to day.,., hope everyone had a good christmas,???
next one I'm sure we all will. at least a warm one !!!!!
missed chat last night way to tired.

jilljill I will only bring wine with a cork in it okay??????

gaRry

jilljill
12-27-2003, 02:41 PM
gaRry, you can bring whatever wine you would like to, it just doesn't mean that I have to drink it ;) In fact, I do drink screw top wine, my mom has some in her fridge now, she's not really a wine drinker so that is just about her speed. I happen to prefer corked wine, got that from my dad.
I'm really not a wine snob, just very picky.
Also, get all the overtime you can get so you have more money to spend on the cruise. Be safe.

wdwgoose
12-27-2003, 03:26 PM
JILLJILL,
I don't drink. BUT I will have a cork in a bottle of boonesfarm at time of sailing............
never did drink much antways and now not any, I guess part my choice and all my docs choice. so i get to be the driver every night on the cruise when you need a driver just call.
I was checking on the 4-10-04 cruise prcing!!!!! this 10 day is looking pretty cheap right now!!!!!!!! last over time this year for me. (well)
:jumping1: ?????????

gaRry

jilljill
12-27-2003, 03:32 PM
JILLJILL,
so i get to be the driver every night on the cruise when you need a driver just call.
gaRry
:laughing: :rotfl:

Majestic
12-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Thought you guys may be interested in the following thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=482773

I created a database for you to see who's going when you are. :hyper:

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :teeth:

Enjoy.

jilljill
12-27-2003, 06:56 PM
Majestic,
Thanks, I've added my info.
Now for the rest of the cruisers.....

jilljill
12-27-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, no one hit Powerball for Sat. night. It's up to $210 M for Wed. night. Good luck to everyone who plays.

WDWLVR
12-28-2003, 08:33 AM
A year from today we'll be getting off the ship after our wonderful 10 day cruise. :(

Don't be sad - we still have a wonderful year of planning ahead of us and those 10 days haven't started yet!:D

I for one am glad we still have year - need to get this payed for!

jiljill- want to pick up one fo those powerball tickets for me::yes::

tkd lisa
12-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Hi all! We're back from Indiana. I'm not sure if Mom and Dad will be posting often, but I do think they'll at least read some of the boards. We got LOTS of questions while we were at home, and Mom just kept asking how we knew this stuff. I told her the best thing to do is start by reading the trip reports to find out what other people did.

Welcome to Michele and family! Glad you can join us!

I also hooked up another Indiana friend with the DIS. Our friend who died suddenly this fall? His widow is going with her son on a 4 day this July. So I've recruited 2 new DISers!

Happy New Year to all. Lisa

jilljill
12-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Mary, if you pick me up a Mega Millions I will pick you up a Powerball. I have a similiar deal going on with Karyn.

Also, you didn't have to remind us about getting OFF the ship. I was hoping to somehow find a way to stay ON. :hyper:

WDWLVR
12-28-2003, 02:11 PM
The January newsletter is up and ready. Enjoy everyone!

jilljill I'm sending you a pm on the lottery!

Kabuli1
12-28-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi everybody!

jilljill, you're too funny w/ the lottery thing! It's ok, if one of us wins we can just stay on the ship next year for the new year's cruise!

Mary are you sending out the emails w/the password - I never remember it!

Cheers everybody!

Karyn

jilljill
12-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Kabuli1
Mary are you sending out the emails w/the password - I never remember it!
Karyn
Karyn, you're b'day isn't until Wed. then you can forget stuff, but not until then :earseek:

wdwgoose
12-28-2003, 08:33 PM
good night all,
work day on monday,wednesday and friday, bad week,
just too many work days in it,

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-28-2003, 08:35 PM
HOPE I HAVE EVERYONE ????????????

WDWGOOSE
OHIOMINNIE
CHRISTMAS2004
WDWLVR & MARKRG
KABULI1
PAULCRSB
ALL_EARS
TWO4RUFF
3TIMECRUISER
TINKFAN
DANCID
LG123
OUTAHERE
GAIL1771
JILLJILL
B&BCRUISERS
DVC4US
TRISHY
DJS113
TKSBASKETS
LORRAINE
KPROS
GOOFYDADEO
TCHRMOM
UROMAC
MARC & ALLISON
ITSMAGIC99
DONALDS_BEST_PAL
MDVASQUEZ
ROBERTSB19
DEBS HILL
DISNEYJUNKIE
JHEMOND
JAN LYN
PFOITH
TKDLISA
MIC & LYN
BORN2CRUZ
WVMD
VIDEOGAL1
SANDMAN980
CMASSFAMILY
JUSTMESTACE
DISNEYME
AFFF
LAURAJEAN1014
SANDERS3209
MSEC-DVC95
HERCULES10
ATHURSTANCE
LNEELEY

DID I FORGET ANYONE ????????????

gaRry

WDWLVR
12-28-2003, 09:05 PM
HOPE I HAVE EVERYONE ????????????

WDWGOOSE

to be filled in later

DID I FORGET ANYONE ????????????

gaRry

Looks like you forgot everyone :tongue:

jilljill
12-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Looks like you forgot everyone :tongue:
I was thinking the same thing.
BTW, another great newsletter, thanks.

WVMD
12-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by jilljill
I was thinking the same thing.
BTW, another great newsletter, thanks.

:rotfl:

Me too!!!!!!!!!

Donalds_best_pal
12-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi Guys and Happy Holidays,

I have not been checking in here for a while but I just wanted to say hi and see whats up. I have been traveling visiting family and went to WDW twice within a 1 month span. Also school is lots of work. Did I miss anything dramatic? DCL said they would realease more info about special things specific to the 10 day cruise but I have not heard anything. I am glad at least we have under a year to go! YAY! Well just want to say.
TTYL
Matt:wave: :earsboy:

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 06:42 AM
FORGOT ????????? WHO ME ???????

NOW WOULD i DO THAT??????????? I'm just really busy trying to get a cork in a bottle,,..,,.. UUUUUMMMMMMMM
just wanted to save a space for the list.

we was pricing an easter cruise ======= yaaaaaaa NOT!!!!
the christmas cruise is not looking too bad !!!!!!!!!! still pricing it different ways.

hope to fill in the list today if I'm not to busy at work.

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 07:00 AM
i THINK I know why the list is so short ????????
NAUGHTY cruisers ??????? sure some one takes the 1000 post and then wonders why he's NOT on the good list?????
others only drink corked bottles.,...,, ??? ??? MAKES me wonder ????????/

glad I was very good LOL LOL

gaRry

Hercules10
12-29-2003, 07:14 AM
Wife and I signed up over the weekend. Looking forward to our first ever 'Disney' Xmas and our second Disney cruise!
pirate:
P.S. We're broke now too.. :D

Kabuli1
12-29-2003, 07:48 AM
I must have packing boxes on the brain! I forgot to welcome a newbie!

Welcome Michelle! Glad to have you aboard!

And Hercules, I get to be the first to welcome you! We've got so much planned and this is a great group! Start reading, there are only 71 pages of posts to catch up on.

It's great to see more folks joining us.

Karyn

P.S. gaRry, I am never nice, naughty is much more fun, just ask jilljill!

tinkfan
12-29-2003, 08:34 AM
I can't get into the newsletter for some reason. I think I remember the right password, but would someone email it to me just in case I am doing something wrong.

Thanks!!

Hercules10
12-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Thanks Karyn. Actually I've been lurking here for a while (incognito:D) and reading this thread. :D

It was one of the reasons we decided to do it. Our first cruise was outstanding and I'm willing to bet that Disney will make this one extra special for us first 10-day'r guniea pigs.

jilljill
12-29-2003, 09:18 AM
gaRry, are you implying that I'm naughty?!? :D :eek:
I'm not the only one that likes corks in wine bottles, Karyn is an expert at opening them. She's one of the naughty ones, in fact at times, extra naughty :eek:

Hercules10, welcome to this crew of 'naughty' cruisers. We have a lot of fun and will have even more fun on the cruise. Don't feel bad, we're all broke too - unless someone wins a BIG lottery!

Have a good day everyone. gaRry, I hope your day is not busy today. I start back to work this week, it's been nice have the last weeks off.

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 09:32 AM
WELCOME H10, where are you from ??????

jilljill, isn't naughty always a good thing???????

tinkfan did it work ?????? thats seems to always be the problem.....

time for breakfast ....

gaRry

Hercules10
12-29-2003, 09:39 AM
WELCOME H10, where are you from ??????
Wifey and I are currently tormenting the good people of Dallas, Tx.

To say we like "Naughty" would be a understatement. :D Hope ya'll don't toss us off da boat after the first night.....

WDWLVR
12-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Sorry everyone - thought I had sent out the mass e-mail. Instead I clicked on the person who's name sounds like my mass e-mail distribution list. e-mail has now been sent that includes the password.

I'm losing my mind!:crazy:

I really need a new job - anyone hiring?

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 03:43 PM
SORRY'''
pass word is spelled WRONG !!!!!!

NO " T " IN IT WELL THAT IS NO 2 T S IN IT

and you think I cannot spell too good ??????

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 03:47 PM
OKAY !!!!!

LETS TRY THIS AGAIN !!!!!!! THERE ARE NOT 3 T'S IN IT ????
!!!!!?????

TALK ABOUT !!!!!! ????? wow OKAY THATS IT I'M DONE

GArRY

jilljill
12-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Hercules10
To say we like "Naughty" would be a understatement. :D Hope ya'll don't toss us off da boat after the first night.....
Sounds like you have booked the right cruise with the right bunch of people :crazy: :hyper:

WDWLVR
12-29-2003, 05:52 PM
Here's a helpful hint to get you into the newsletter quickly. If you get to the page that lists all the months save that to your favorites. Then you can go right there every month and not have to worry about the password!

jilljill
12-29-2003, 07:25 PM
I finally booked the Radisson for the night before the cruise. We still have no idea when we will leave home or if we will need the room, but at least it's booked. If we are in the room I will NOT be up at 4:00am to see the ship dock, sorry gaRry :(

BTW, does a regular king room have a couch in it or not. If not I will have to change my reservation to 2 double beds.

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 08:06 PM
WELL,
if you're going to make your hubby sleep on a couch, maybee he will want to go see the ship come in ??????????
wow cork , couchs , no early morning strolls, to see the magic , ??
besides very naughty are you going to be ANY fun on the ship;??
or will you need special room service ???????????????????
with a cork screw?????? wine, cheese, ???????? or ?????

?????

jilljill
12-29-2003, 08:36 PM
WELL,
if you're going to make your hubby sleep on a couch, maybee he will want to go see the ship come in ??????????
wow cork , couchs , no early morning strolls, to see the magic , ??
besides very naughty are you going to be ANY fun on the ship;??
or will you need special room service ???????????????????
with a cork screw?????? wine, cheese, ???????? or ?????

?????
gaRry, you are way tooooo funny :rotfl:
The couch is for DD. I would prefer a bed to myself for the entire week, but I know that won't happen.
DH is usually up at 4am so maybe he will want to take a stroll over with you to see the ship. He works nights.
I'm not as high maintenance as you make me out to be - just picky. :D
Have I mentioned that I like to talk to men - but then my tag should have given that away?!?

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 08:52 PM
OKAY GOT IT,
list is on page 71 PLEASE check it too see if its right or did I miss someone ?????? or did some one drop out ?????????

ALSO F Y I we did 10 pages in about a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just think where this would be had I been here and not away!!!

jilljill yapp yapp yapp yapp I'll have to ask your hubbie at the 4 am meet ???????

now lets keep the thread moving?????????

debs hill - do you live by new forest area ?????????

gaRry

WDWLVR
12-29-2003, 08:55 PM
I finally booked the Radisson for the night before the cruise. We still have no idea when we will leave home or if we will need the room, but at least it's booked. If we are in the room I will NOT be up at 4:00am to see the ship dock, sorry gaRry :(

BTW, does a regular king room have a couch in it or not. If not I will have to change my reservation to 2 double beds.

jilljill - what rate did you get at the Radisson and did you use any codes. Probably should get my reservation in. Not sure when we'll be getting in but better to be prepared.

wdwgoose
12-29-2003, 09:15 PM
We have it set up for a group rate. you might do better ?????

dis board group !!!! I think thats what we used????????

can use the 800 # or call direct.

last time there was a lower rate and we called and they just changed the rate no trouble at all. there was a few of us that did that.

time for me too go get all my bueaty sleep......

good night all

gaRry

jilljill
12-29-2003, 09:45 PM
jilljill - what rate did you get at the Radisson and did you use any codes. Probably should get my reservation in. Not sure when we'll be getting in but better to be prepared.
Mary,
I booked on the internet and got $109. for a regular room or they had the 2 room deluxe for $139. This was for the parking package, or whatever they call it when you get to stay and then park for free.
I did not use any code.

Kabuli1
12-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Oh goody, jilljill, we can start being naughty together hours early! YEAH!!!

gaRry, you stop picking on jilljill - y'hear? You're starting to hurt her feelings. And when you hurt her feelings she starts picking on me! But, I'm still on for the 4am Magic sighting (and I'm bringing jilljill's DH w/me!)

Hey Herc! The naughtier the better! SO glad you've joined us!

Oh, and I'm really not very handy w/ a corkscrew - I always make Randy open bottles for me. I just know how to drink it once it's open. Right now I'm dreaming of those boat drinks w/ umbrellas!

Karyn

jilljill
12-29-2003, 10:06 PM
My feelings aren't getting hurt, just be an equal opportunity "picker-oner".
DH said no %$^#&*# way is he getting up to see the ship at 4am.
Karyn, we can start the 'naughty' hour early, but we may arrive very, very late. But I will try and have a pie for you so you can have it for breakfast. Just remind me.

WDWLVR
12-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Ok I've joked about it a bit in the thread but I really need some good vibes headed this way. Work is the pits and I don't know how much longer I can last with all that is going on there. I'm about to have a melt down (and all the people off for the holidays isn't helping).

I've been looking for a little while now and while I have one possible it isn't a perfect fit. Just found something on Monster that does sound like a perfect fit and sent my resume off.

If you can spare me a prayer and some pixie dust that I get called for this one (or that something comes my way soon) I would deeply appreciate it.

I know - very selfish - there are many others who need prayers and pixie dust much more than me. What can I say - I believe in the power of prayer and good thoughts - so anything you can spare would be appreciated.

I'm really hoping to find something that will allow us to still make the two magical trips we have planned for next year (one being this cruise).

Thanks guys!

You may now resume being naughty.

Kabuli1
12-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Mary, I am praying for you! I know that it's really tough and I know that God has something special for you! I know we joke alot - but lots of us have real struggles and difficulties we're going thru. Please call me if you need a friendly ear!

Karyn

jilljill
12-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Mary, here's loads of *****PD***** coming your way. I wish you the best of luck in finding your way to the happiness you deserve.

paulcrsb
12-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Mary - Here's wishing you tons of luck!!!!

Paul

tkd lisa
12-30-2003, 06:01 AM
Mary: Just sent a prayer your way. I certainly hope that something happens soon. I know this is a really tough time for you. And even during that, you manage to put out a great newsletter for the group! You're really a great person!

Lisa

Hercules10
12-30-2003, 07:43 AM
How many folks here are considering (or are) flying in the night before?

We're planning on taking the first flight outa Dallas on the 18th (usually 6am getting us in Orlando by 10am). I'm thinkin that should be fine.

jilljill, early naughty hours and late naughty hours iz usually da same hours. ;) :cool1:

Kabuli1
12-30-2003, 07:56 AM
Herc, many of us are flying in the night before, staying at the Radisson in Port Canaveral. wdwgoose got us a special rate - tho I don't remember now what it is. You'll find it posted - somewhere waaaay back in the thread. Seems we can't wait to start partying!

Karyn

I learned everything naughty I know from jilljill

jilljill
12-30-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Kabuli1
I learned everything naughty I know from jilljill
I am shocked :eek: You have many more years experience than I do in that field.

Herc, we are driving down the day before. Have no clue when we will leave or arrive, but we will be on the ship.
I guess naughty hours are 24 hours a day ::yes::

I think I'm starting to get a reputation :earseek: Oh well, won't be the first time princess:

Hercules10
12-30-2003, 08:18 AM
We got the DCL transfers (Which were wonderful last time for the land/sea package). Does that work with the hotel too?

Are ya'll coming in early to start the partying early or are you skeer'd that inclement weather will make you miss the boat? In Dallas it's a rarity that weather shuts us down in December.

But if there's gonna be an adult bash going on the night before then we might hafta come crash it. Woo-Hoo!

tinkfan
12-30-2003, 08:25 AM
Since we are now moving south we will definately be driving instead of flying. I am ready to book the Radisson for the night before. Could someone please post the discount code we are supposed to use to save me time in searching for it. Also, do I remember correctly that they offer a double king room??

Thanks!!

jilljill
12-30-2003, 08:27 AM
Herc, you sound fun (and a bit on the naughty side too) :bounce:
We like to be on the ship early so DD can go to the pool before it gets too crowded.

Kabuli1
12-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Herc, I think it's a bit of both - this is one cruise noone wants to be late for and, we do want to start the party early, too! So yes, there'll be a bash going on but how "adult" I have no idea! And there will be the infamous 4am trek for some of us to see the arrival of the Magic!

And lest any of you think I'm too hard on my buddy, jilljill, let it be know here that she is the best friend that I have never met! We laugh and sometimes cry way too often every day. And if I don't get packed in time to move, it will be all her fault!

Karyn

Hercules10
12-30-2003, 09:13 AM
FYI, I called Disney and asked about the transfers (Included in our price). DCL transfers only apply from the airport to the boat and/or only their resorts (in case it's a land/sea package).

They did say most hotels have free shuttle services and to tell the driver to return you to Terminal 'A' for pick-up by DCL the next day.

I'm guessing that the Radisson discribed here is within spitten distance of the port and should be no problem for da partying types. :crazy:

Thought I'd share.

tkd lisa
12-30-2003, 09:47 AM
We're coming in the day before. You never can tell about flight delays! And since the in-laws don't ever fly, we want them to have less to worry about. I haven't booked flights yet, but plan on arriving mid to late afternoon on the 17th. We promised the in-laws that we'll get there before them and meet them at the airport. We'll have to get a van or something like that this time with 6 of us (plus luggage!)

We plan to priceline near the Orl airport since we'll be paying for 2 rooms. It's a really easy drive to the port in the morning, and that's just the way we've always done it.

WDWLVR
12-30-2003, 12:18 PM
First let me say thank you for the well wishes. Having a better day today (still not great but much better than my melt-down yesterday).

We are planning on either doing the Radisson the night before or maybe even Vero (just because we've never done it). Either way it will most likely be a late flight in as we will be working that Friday.

Debs Hill
12-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Hi everyone!

Gary: We live about 2 hours from the New Forrest area, it's north of us, but I'm often visiting the prisons in that area for my work. Do you have friends or family there?

Karyn: I am so sorry that I have only just read my PM's! hope you had a good trip, I have sent you a PM with my e-mail address!

Gail: Hope you had an amazing trip.....will send e-mail to exchange news!

Mick: I've been thinking of you since Xmas at WDW. Hope that New Years Eve in EPCOT is magical!

We are getting the Disney transport from Boardwalk to the terminal.......does this mean that we'll get there really late and everything will be booked!!!!!? Also, does anyone know when we'll get ifo about the excursions on offer at the new ports of call?
Debsx

paulcrsb
12-30-2003, 06:56 PM
We are planning to fly out on Thursday. You just never know what the weather will be like!

Paul

MSEC-DVC95
12-30-2003, 06:59 PM
HI Debs Hill -

I may be mistaken but I do not believe you can get the DCL transfers to/from the Boardwalk Villas or Inn to the cruise port - I asked last week because we own DVC at Boardwalk and plan on visiting WDW after the cruise for a few days and plan on staying at the Boardwalk - but we can't get transfers from the port to the Boardwalk Villas from DCL directly. A year or two ago the DCL bus stopped at the Boardwalk but not any longer... Just wanted to let you know so that you were not 'suprised' at the last minute.

Mary send some prayers your way!! Good Luck!!

Michele

jilljill
12-31-2003, 12:01 AM
I would like to be the first to wish my new 'best friend I haven't met yet' a very Happy Birthday!!!!! Happy Birthday Karyn and here's to many, many more.

WDWLVR
12-31-2003, 12:06 AM
Happy Birthday Karyn - enjoy your day!:jumping1: :jumping1:

Kabuli1
12-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Thank you ladies!

Karyn, the OLD one!

jilljill
12-31-2003, 12:23 AM
You are most welcome "OLD one". :earseek:

p.s. At least I got to be post number 1100.

tkd lisa
12-31-2003, 07:37 AM
Happy birthday Karen! And Happy New Year to all.

wdwgoose
12-31-2003, 11:26 AM
WELL HAPPY BIRTHDAY

so I'm working today anyone else ?????????

WELCOME ALL new ones or did I say that already ??????

so is the cruiser list (on page 71) right???????????

why is it everyone don't have all there things done for the cruise ????????????
I've even got packing started all ready!!!!!!!!!!

jilljill just luv picking on yoo girl !!!!!

gaRry

Hercules10
12-31-2003, 11:56 AM
Well I'm AT work. Can't really call it working though. :D

We pulled out our suitcases and started to hunt down our snorkeling gear. Does that count as getting ready?

Any other travelers without children going? Or are my wife and I the only ones?

jilljill
12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
jilljill just luv picking on yoo girl !!!!!

gaRry
gaRry, to quote a very good friend of mine "It's all good".
Honestly, I really don't mind because I know I can pick right backatchya :eek:
I hope you don't have to work too hard today.

You people are very funny starting to pack already. We still have to pack up a house before we can even begin to think about packing for a cruise. And that doesn't even count our 3 trips that are already planned for earlier this year - oh my I better get busy.

I have to work tomorrow after being off for almost 9 weeks. The people are going to drive me crazy :crazy: ::yes::

wdwgoose
12-31-2003, 01:45 PM
VERY FUNNY ??????????
NOT whats funny is when you last minute cruisers forget to pack things like swim suits,toothpaste,teddys and all those very important things that really needed on a 10 day cruise!!!!!!!!!
so this is why I've started packing!!!!!! first thing was my teddy.

herc10 what you doing?????? we had to go out again!!!!!!!! the dvd we rented didn't work so had to get another one!!!! these people are getting really STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and then gas yesterday WOW !!! 1.34 up to 1.59 WHY!!!!!

can you tell I'm not happy ?????????????

gaRry

WDWLVR
12-31-2003, 01:46 PM
Well I'm AT work. Can't really call it working though. :D

We pulled out our suitcases and started to hunt down our snorkeling gear. Does that count as getting ready?

Any other travelers without children going? Or are my wife and I the only ones?

Hercules you won't be the only ones. DH and I are childless and love cruising Disney!

Hercules10
12-31-2003, 02:09 PM
Hercules you won't be the only ones. DH and I are childless and love cruising Disney!

Woo-Hoo! Two more genuine 'Lost Boys/Girl' who refuse to grow up! Capt'n Hook better watch his bootie on this trip.
:jumping1:

wdwgoose
12-31-2003, 05:48 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON ???????????
we sure are not moving along !!!!!!!!!!! soooooo

where is everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ALL PACKING ??????????

herc10 I can loan you 2 if you want ????? QUICK while they know EVERYTHING !!!!!!!! just an offer ????????

herc10 do you scuba or just snorkle??????

opppps warming up my soup !!!!!!!

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-31-2003, 08:43 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOO
whats up???????????
no one home ????????????

I cannot be the ONLY ONE at the key boards ?????????

how I'm I ever going to get 10,000 post if no one is helping??

gaRry

wdwgoose
12-31-2003, 10:21 PM
OKAY so I'm the only one here!!!!!!!!!

party cruisers just PARTY I'll be doing that on the cruise!!!!!!!

so far its quiet here HOPE it stays that way ALL NIGHT !!!!!

well about 30 more minutes here SO

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

gaRry

jilljill
12-31-2003, 10:41 PM
We just got home from having dinner with a friend and his 2 boys, my brother, sis-in-law and nephew - we had a blast.

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy, healthy and safe new year. Just think the cruise will be right around the corner now.

paulcrsb
01-01-2004, 03:19 AM
Happy New Year everyone!

Hercules10 - We too are cruising by ourselves. We don't want kids to have all the fun!

Paul

WDWLVR
01-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Wishing all my fellow cruisers a
Happy New Year!

This is going to be a great year because its the year we all cruise together!

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1:

wdwgoose
01-01-2004, 11:30 AM
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: HAPPY NEW YEAR::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I HOPE YA'LL HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!

Hey Karyn sorry I missed your birthday, so here is a happy belated birthday to you. How is the packing going? I thought moving across town was difficult I cannot imagine moving across the country. :tilt:

I am not sure I will be up for the 4am stroll to see the Magic come in -- I asked GaRry if we couldn't just drive down to watch and he said that takes all the fun out of it. I guess I just wanted to save my energy for the ship. :hyper:

jilljill - I will make sure we have a bottle of "corked" wine to share (probobly in addition to GaRry's:firefight boonesfarm)

Mary - I will send up prayers for you, and hope that the perfect job comes your way! Sorry I forgot who was knitting the scarves. We may all have to learn to knit if Karyn hasn't started yet there will be a lot of scarves to make and less than a year to make them in. OH my:rolleyes:

Well I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful new year!!

:wizard: Vicki :wizard:

ps - WELCOME to all of the new cruisers.

paulcrsb
01-01-2004, 12:49 PM
Hello All!

Well the new year is starting off with lots of snow here. We usually don't get much more than an inch a year down here in the valley. Right now we have about 6 inches on the ground! Foutunately I don't have to go back to work until Monday. I just keep thinking about how nice it will be this time next year at WDW sleeping off the New Year's hangover!

Paul

jilljill
01-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Vicki, I'm glad to see that someone in your family has some class :eek: ::yes::

I made it thru my first day back at work after 9 weeks. I forgot how rude people can be in the stores.

Hope everyone's new year if off to a good start.

Hercules10
01-02-2004, 06:58 AM
herc10 do you scuba or just snorkle?
Sorry for the delay. Too much giggle juice and then the fall-out there-after. :faint:

We only snorkeled last time. But I plan on getting certified before this trip.

tkd lisa
01-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Hi all! Hope your new year has started right. GaRry, on your list, you need to add my in-laws. I set them up as sanders3209 on the DIS, but I don't think they'll post too often. I think you already have them on the big spreadsheet with room number, etc. First names are Ken and Diane and they're in 2571 (we're in 2573).

I'm one of about 5 people in my office today (normal size is about 80!) so it's going to be quiet! I had to turn on the lights at 7:30!

Hercules10
01-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Same here office wise, tkd Lisa. Ghost-town at work. Worse yet...there's bowl games on today! :crazy2:

djs113
01-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Happy New Year!

haven't posted in a while, but I am always lurking!

Glad to see so many new names keep adding to the cruise list.

Did anyone else get a call from Disney 3-4 weeks ago about upgrading cabins.

We are in a 4, and are wait listed for a 3 and a 3 opened up.

It was one of the handicapped ones in the rear of the ship, which I hear are very large. I passed at that time hoping that a midship category 3 opens up.

Didn't want to take a chance with the kids getting seasick in the rear of the ship, we were fine midship last time and we are staying midship again.

Since we are less that 1 year out now, almost time to book airfare!

Speak to you all soon.

- David

Dancind
01-02-2004, 12:38 PM
Hello everyone, you've been busy! Welcome to the newcomers, this is going to be a big group by next December. Better reserve the show room for our party!

To those of you getting up at 4 am to see the ship, best to you! That will leave more room on the dance floor for us in the evenings.

We are just back from a 10 day Christmas cruise on Celebrity Horizon. We booked it for the great price, and because a year seemed so long to wait to cruise. We now know our cruise next year will be worth the money. Horizon is Celebrity's oldest, smallest ship, and she doesn't strive to be anything more. Kid's program was just plain inadequate, DD had some pretty boring sea days. Ports of call were great (Grand Cayman, Costa Rica, Panama, Roatan, Cozumel), food was great and constantly available. A cruise we might take again when we are old and childless, I guess. DD and DH absolutely loved the scuba diving at Cozumel, I see a DCL Western cruise in our future!

Edited to add: 10 days is a perfect length for a cruise!
Diana

wdwgoose
01-02-2004, 02:55 PM
DAA I DON'T UNDERSTAND ?????????????

OKAY ???? NOW I'M REALLY CONFUSED ?????????????

what cruiser in there right (left) mind would go TOO BED AND MISS THE GREAT PARTY TIMES?????????

you sure you're on the same cruise as DAAA PARTAY ANIMALS??

OKAY that is if I live that long LOL really some of you are going to
%#**##%^&& never mind I think I get it.. yaaaa baby I'm just really slow here!!!!!!!

now time too start moving this thread!!!!!!!

W H A T !!!!!!!!!! YOU didn't take one of those cabins ???????????? we had a greeeat wine party in one !!!!!
you would walk out one door around the corner then enter your cabin from another door. VERY BIG verandas on the last cabins deck 8 two bathrooms deep tub shower in the other one.
and you passed :~(((((
well okay so who was nexted on the list ??????? who got the wine party cabin?????? come on speek up???????
I will FIND OUT.

gaRry

Hercules10
01-02-2004, 03:25 PM
could we have a beer party too...for those of us with less eddiekit. (where IS that red-neck smiley?)

WVMD
01-02-2004, 03:52 PM
DJS113 - we're still on the waitlist for a Cat.3 also - but I believe that one of the group here did get 8602 a few weeks ago - we've already scheduled a wine party there - real wine NOT BF....

. We stayed next door in 8600 in September and absolutely loved it. We'd prefer a midships Cat. 3 also because of the bed arrangement - but would definitely take any Cat. 3 when it comes down to it.....

How long have you been on the waitlist?

DVC4US
01-02-2004, 04:08 PM
We must have been next on the list, because we got the call about 3 weeks ago and 8600 & 8602 had opened up. We chose 8602 because we had 8102 last March and really liked the big veranda. We would also like one of the md-ship Cat 3s so the girls do not have to sleep together but we were not going to pass on a Cat 3. We had already decided that we might not go if we didn't get a suite. We are still on the waitlist for a different suite but at least we have one.

Like I stated before, if no one claims the Cat 1 we can have the wine/beer DIS meet in our suite. Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.

LeiLani

tinkfan
01-02-2004, 04:11 PM
We got our Cat. 3 a few months ago. Cabin 8080, but also still waitlisted for a midship cabin for the preferred sleeping arrangemnts. So hopefully we will all end up with what we want. Still so long to go, anything can happen!!

WDWLVR
01-02-2004, 06:26 PM
Hope you don't mind some non-drinkers at the party.:D After all someone has to document what happened so that will be Mark and I.:D

Kabuli1
01-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Mary, Of course you need to be at the wine party! We are depending on you and Mark to help us find our cabins afterward. One always needs a designated driver.

I appreciate that we've had offers of suites for our party - we all have our fingers crossed that the cat. 1 & 2 open up for all who want them!

Karyn

djs113
01-02-2004, 06:54 PM
WVMD,

we were on the wait list since the first minute the trip went on sale that Monday morning

I think it was 8 am - June 23, 2003 -- seems soooo long ago

we should make a pin for the cruise

june 23, 2003 --------> december 18, 2004

HERE AT LAST !!

- David

jilljill
01-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Mary, I'm so glad that you and Mark are going to be disignated drivers. Should we get name tags made up with our stateroom numbers so you know which way to send us?!? :earseek: Please don't take pictures, only notes. We don't need too many memories.

Karyn, now we have someone to direct us 'home', yeah!!!

wdwgoose
01-02-2004, 10:44 PM
so what am I?????? just da t shirt guy ??????? did I tell you there done ?????????
ooopppsss sorry not yet. she has been busy I will ckeck with her next week!!!!!

we're checking on maybee almost might would like too maybee,
well you get the IDEAL !!!! trying for the apr. 10 cruise ,,,
just a thought ???????? way lots of money !!!!!!!!! just checking???? besides somebody invited me to visit there disney suite ; ~ ))}} with piano ????? so

just checking ????????
so why is this thread NOT moving very FAST ??????????
at this speed I'll make 10,000 post on my birthday in 05 !!!!

good night all

da it just HIT me CHAT NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!

okay I'm working again watched seebuist popcorn,

well ????? that answers that.....

gaRry

jilljill
01-02-2004, 11:28 PM
gaRry, you need to check in more than once a day if you want to keep this thread moving. You are the one who set the goal of 10,000, the rest of us are keeping our part of the deal. Remember I said 2,000 by March 1, or was it 3,000 by Feb. 1?!? I guess I will have to drink more wine so I can remember :eek:

uromac
01-03-2004, 04:19 AM
Hi!

We are booked on the 10 day cruise - I'm glad I found this thread again! I was beginning to think everyone disappeared! We are a family of 4 staying in one of the cat. 3 suites (8048). I believe this is considered mid-ship, but as I am reading these messages I'm confused about the differences in the cat. 3 mid-ship vs. aft. What are the sleeping arrangement differences between them? Besides the bathroom, what makes one room handicapped and anothernot and is it access and mobility around the room? When we were on Celebrity's Millennium we had a cat. 3 family room and we loved it! We are hoping to love this one even more!

I believe we are already on your list of people on this cruise - but just in case you are missing this info we are a family of 4 from South Jersey, with a boy who will be 15 1/2 and a girl who will be 11/1/2! (Melissa, Adam, Brandon, and Samantha )

I can't believe we are going to be on this cruise in less than a year finally!:Pinkbounc

Happy New Year to all!

Melissa:earsgirl:

WDWLVR
01-03-2004, 04:54 AM
Hi Melissa - nice to see you again. Can you send me some updatd info for the cruise list/newsletter. I don't have your birthdays or anniversaries and I have you in two rooms on deck 6. Don't know if I have old information or just wrong info. :D

Can't answer the Cat. 3 question as we have never sailed in one but I'm sure someone else will be along soon who can!

Hope to see you posting more and more. gaRry wants us to get to 10,000 post before we sail :D

So stop on by more and post and join this wacky group!

wdwgoose
01-03-2004, 05:01 AM
UROMAC

YES you're on the list, jilljill has you down for bringing the cork screw replacement tool????????? I think thats means replacining the cork in the bottle ??????? she's only going to drink one glass of wine LOL LOL
really YES I've wondered about some who never post if they are still going or not??????????but then we are still about a year away.

jilljill it was 56 outside today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right now @ 0530 its 61 !!!!!!!!!!!!! so I will post more than 1 post a day AND you try to have FUN

for now ??????????

AND for
I NEED COFFEE !!!!!!!!!

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-03-2004, 05:19 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL ; ~ D

is it a nice morning overthere?????? wdwlvr????

nice here for now. jilljill says I need to post more ???????
hope she not like this at all the wine/ beer partys?????
(I'm not sure if we can drink her share or not)????

herc10, jilljill might want beer bottles to have corks in them ???
LOL does a cork screw work on beer bottles ????? (if they had corks in them)????

okay more coffee, how do you do it w/out ????????? or are you a mountain dew person???????

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Balmy weather here too which scares me. I don't like warm weather in January in Chicago - it is usually followed by heavy snow :( I'm old enough to remember the blizzard of '67

wdwgoose
01-03-2004, 05:30 AM
now I know what jilljill means shes MEAN !!!!!!!!

tkd lisa
01-03-2004, 07:00 AM
Hi Melissa: I don't think I've "talked" to you yet. Our daughter will be 12, almost 13 on the cruise. She's love to email your daughter to get to know her. My DD does very well with slightly younger kids, so they might be a good match!

GaRry, I don't know if you hit chat last night, but if so, it was after I left, keeping up Mary's conspiracy theory that we are one and the same person :crazy:

I had to get the kids settled down for bed about 10. They were wound up big-time!

The weather is supposed to be great here today. Low 70s and sunny. Perfect weather to sell Girl Scout cookies (guess what time it is folks????)

So DD and I are making the rounds. I'm walking while she rides her bike. Got to get that exercise somewhere now that I'm not doing Tae Kwon Do anymore!

Have a great weekend all.

Lisa

All_Ears
01-03-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm just curious here, I am in 8038 and I am also waiting for a call for an upgrade - any know how many were called?:wave2:

where this is still close to a year out the prices should still be good?

Great job Gary:boat: with keeping this board going!

I must admit - I don't post too often, but rest asure, I am alway learking:rotfl: :rotfl:

I haven't recieved any notice regarding the news letter that was talked about way back when............has one been set up?

We booked back in July! It is Great to have less than a year now!

tkd lisa
01-03-2004, 07:11 AM
I knew there was something else I was going to say!

Melissa: I believe some of the cat 3s have the murphy bed in the bedroom, while some have it in the living room. 8048 is pretty well in the middle of the ship. We were in 7538 on the Wonder, and it was between forward and mid ship elevators.

Okay, the scoop according to the cruise passporter is that 8048 has the pull down bed in the bedroom, with a double sleeper sofa in the living room. You have a full bath with a bigger tub and two sinks in the bedroom. There is a separate room with the toilet and shower. In the living room, there's another half bath that has a shower. According to this, the Cat 3's with the pull down in the living room are 8032, 8034, 8532, and 8534. They are under the goofy pool. I have a picture of the layout. If you really want to see it, I can try scanning it.

I believe the handicapped rooms have wider access doors to allow the chair to easily fit. I'm pretty sure that Barb and Tony took some pictures and put it on their site www.*****************
Again, according to passporter, the cat 3 handicaps are 8100, 8102, 8600 and 8602, and have a deeper verandah.

We've never had a suite, but on our first cruise, one of the DISers (cotomom) was in the Roy suite, and she was nice enough to give me a tour. Man was it nice!

WDWLVR
01-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by All_Ears
I haven't recieved any notice regarding the news letter that was talked about way back when............has one been set up?

Theresa - I've been doing the newsletter for about 5 months now. I sent you a pm with details. Hope you like it.

All_Ears
01-03-2004, 07:39 AM
:faint: Opps, I guess I fell asleep on this one Mary. Now that the holidays are over I can focus on this cruise and the trip to Universal for New Years afterwards.

I look forward to your PM and will keep in touch

Thank you!

jilljill
01-03-2004, 09:12 AM
gaRry, I don't drink beer so I don't know those bottles would be corkable or not.
We really won't need a recorking tool, since I'm sure the bottles will be empty. You know, Karyn will help me empty the bottles. (Gotta have some help :) )

Welcome to the newbies and the oldies that have started checking in again.

WVMD
01-03-2004, 09:37 AM
The handicapped Cat. 3's don't have a murphy bed. They only have a Full size bed in the bedroom and a full size sleeper sofa. The other difference is that there are 2 showers and no jacuzzi tub.

Happy New Year to all....

Virgil

djs113
01-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Did anyone book hotel rooms the night before the cruise yet?

Any idea on the pricing of the Hyatt at the airport?

Your thoughts?

- David

wdwgoose
01-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey David why would you want to know what a room at the Hyatt costs when the really cooool cruisers (and a few winers) will be partying at the Radisson at the port. You could come on over and join the party. If you mention that you are with the DIS cruisers there is supposed to be a group rate and they will try to get the rooms somewhat close to each other. (which may or may not be a good thing) The double rooms were 99 and the suites are 129-139. you can either call the hotel direct or the 800# line prices are subject to change of course unless you mention the group rate. (if prices come down we are supposed to also qualify for that) LOL.

Sorry I slept through chat night last evening. I am still trying to get over this upper resp. virus. :crazy2: GaRry or I will try to be there next week.

Uromac our son will also be 15 when we cruise. He will be very happy to learn there is going to be some one his age. He has been reading osme of the posts and was worried that all of the kids were going to be a bit younger than he is. If it is ok we will have Gregg email your son.

Hope every one is having a great weekend!!

:wizard: Vicki :wizard:

djs113
01-03-2004, 08:57 PM
We should start a weekly Disney Cruise Trivia game,

winner gets a free drink on board or free pin or something ..........

How about -

1) Who christened the Magic in July of '98, and who christened the Wonder in October of '99?

2) What country officially runs the Castaway Cay post office?

3) What images can be found within the tile floor on the second story of the Port Canaveral Terminal?

4) What is the name of the main shop for logo merchandise on Castaway Cay?

5) The children's archaeological dig site on Castaway Cay, where apparently the remains of an ancient whale can be found, is named after what famous whale?

6) Who is considered the Master Chef on Castaway Cay?

Good luck !!

- David

WDWLVR
01-04-2004, 07:05 AM
Here's a link to a thread on the main cruise board.

Gingerbread Houses (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=486454)

OK - I'm a big kid at heart and this sounds like a lot of fun. Don't want to cut into the family time of anyone, but if anyone wants to adopt two adults to your family (or maybe the group of us traveling without kids could be a group) I think it would be great fun!

WDWLVR
01-04-2004, 07:28 AM
I'll play along, but don't know all of them.

The islands of the Bahamas

3) What images can be found within the tile floor on the second story of the Port Canaveral Terminal? A map of the caribbean as well as images like seahorses etc.

She Sells Sea Shells and everything else - I believe the Sea Shells is crossed out

I leave the rest to the others ;)

tkd lisa
01-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Okay, I'll try!
1) Who christened the Magic in July of '98, and who christened the Wonder in October of '99?
- guessing here, but I'll say that the Magic was Roy E. Disney, and the Wonder was Matt Orinet (probably way off on the spelling, etc. but the president of DCL)

- Agree w/ Mary, the Bahamas

3) What images can be found within the tile floor on the second story of the Port Canaveral Terminal?
- Duh on me! I was thinking that you meant a floor above where you check in, and didn't know there was one! After reading Mary's response, I agree, it's a map of the ocean with DCL's destinations.

- She sells sea shells and everything else.

5) The children's archaeological dig site on Castaway Cay, where apparently the remains of an ancient whale can be found, is named after what famous whale?
- Monstro!

6) Who is considered the Master Chef on Castaway Cay?

- No clue on this one, unless it's Chef Mickey!

Great idea!

djs113
01-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Where is everyone this weekend? Come on, pitch in with some answers....

1) no one is correct so far

2) yes Mary and Lisa are correct, the post office is run by the Bahamas

3) Again, Mary and Lisa were pretty much perfect, but there are few things they left out. Within the tile wall, Florida and the Bahamas are beautifully detailed, as well as different images of sea life, birds, reptiles, a mermaid, and even Cinderella's castle!

4) Correct again .... "She Sells SeaShells and everything else!"

5) Lisa was perfect here, according to the storyline, the apparent remains of an ancient whale can be found at Monstro Point!!

6) no one yet

Anyone, anyone,?? answers to question 1 and 6 ??

- David

jilljill
01-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Is 'Cookie' the Master Chef on CC?

jilljill
01-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Roy and Patty Disney are the 'godparents' of the Magic. Patty launched the champagne bottle to officially christen the ship. Michael Eisner was also in attendance and Jodi Benson sang.

More info than you needed/wanted to know.

WDWLVR
01-04-2004, 10:44 AM
I thought I remembered the castle, but then talked myself out of it. :D

Thanks David for starting this - a lot of fun!

jilljill
01-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Now I'm starting to get really bugged.....I can't find out who christened the Wonder and I have to get ready and go to work in a little bit. I don't think anyone there can help me find out this answer.

David, thanks for making me think really hard on a Sunday :earseek:

djs113
01-04-2004, 11:35 AM
No problem Jill, my pleasure!

Jill is correct on two accounts.

6) Cookie is the Master Chef on Castaway Cay, and he serves up his specialties at Cookie's BBQ!

1) On July 28, 1998, Roy Disney's wife, Patricia, officially christened the Disney Magic. So Patty is the correct answer!!

Now, who christened the Wonder on October 1, 1999?

Hint ..... was there pixie dust in that champagne bottle??? LOL

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc ::yes::

pirate: - David

Does someone want to volunteer to come up with questions for next week? Or is that my new job? LOL

jilljill
01-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Ok David here goes the answer to the Wonder's christening:

...in a rare nighttime celebration...2,500 guests were in attendance to witness the ship's godmother - the animated character, Tinkerball - christen the Disney Wonder after Celebrities Peabo Bryson, Jodi Benson and Paige O'Hara performed several Disney classics with a 23 piece orchestra

It's good to have friends that are as crazy about finding an answer to a Disney question as I am :crazy:

jilljill
01-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by djs113
Does someone want to volunteer to come up with questions for next week? Or is that my new job? LOL
I believe you have been christened with this job.

BTW, jilljill is only my name on here. I understand the confusion - it's ok as long as I get to drink my wine on the ship.

WDWLVR
01-04-2004, 11:46 AM

David - I think you have done such a great job that it is yours to keep! :D

WVMD
01-04-2004, 03:42 PM
David - I agree - the job is yours....

Man, I need to bone up on my Disney trivia...... You all are too hard core....

:tongue:

Virgil

WDWLVR
01-04-2004, 04:33 PM
jilljill - did you notice you have a new tag? Maybe I'm just a little slow but I just noticed it today. :D

WVMD
01-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Great tag JillJill....

Some of use are destined to remain tagless.........

jilljill
01-04-2004, 06:06 PM
jilljill - did you notice you have a new tag? Maybe I'm just a little slow but I just noticed it today. :D
Mary,
My 2 new tags were Christmas gifts from the TF. It's ok that you just noticed them - you have been under a bit of stress lately.

Virgil,
Thanks. Which one are you referring too?
And you shall remain tagless for the snipe you did for #1000 :) :eek: pirate:

I guess David has been declared the 'trivia master' for the group.

WVMD
01-04-2004, 07:37 PM
JillJill - I like the Come on over and join our thread...... I saw it on the main board - and liked the comment - and didn't notice it until Mary pointed it out today....

Ahhh yes - the Snipe.... Too much eBay... Have to be able to snipe well to get what you want......

Virgil pirate:

WDWLVR
01-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Ahoy there cruisers! Wanted to alert you to two small changes I made on main web page today.

1) I saw a post over on cruisecritic.com asking about this cruise from a brand new poster. Since cruise critic doesn't like people referring others to the DIS I sent them to my web page. I then added a link to this thread on the web page.

2) Teresa (aka tksbaskets) sent me a really nice PDF she created using the map on the web page. She has it on her fridge to inspire her on WISH and to get the family excited. I included a link on the main page. Click on it and it will open up the PDF and you can save it for yourself. Note that you must have Adobe Acrobat to see it.

Here is a link to the main page
DIS Holiday Cruisers Web Page (http://monorailgreen.info/Xmas2004Cruise/)

Here is a link to just the PDF if you don't want to go to the web page for it. DIS Holiday Cruisers PDF (http://monorailgreen.info/Xmas2004Cruise/Disney%20Christmas%20Cruise%2004.pdf)

Enjoy!

paulcrsb
01-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Mary - Thanks for the PDF! I've printed out to put on our refrigerator!

Paul

tkd lisa
01-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Morning all! Paul, I concur you are our quiz master! Maybe we'll be all ready to win "Who wants to be a mouseketeer!"

Virgil, I too remain tagless! I even bribed the tag fairies with some chocoate a while back, but no joy :frown:

Oh well, another week ahead of us. Bye all! Lisa

djs113
01-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Who is the quiz master?

Paul or me?

(just need to know who is finding the questions for next week)

- David

jilljill
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Who is the quiz master?

Paul or me?

(just need to know who is finding the questions for next week)

- David
David,
You are most definately the 'quiz master'. Good questions last time around, hopefully the next set will be just as good.

ohiominnie
01-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Here is a link to just the PDF if you don't want to go to the web page for it. DIS Holiday Cruisers PDF (http://monorailgreen.info/Xmas2004Cruise/Disney%20Christmas%20Cruise%2004.pdf)

Enjoy!

Very cool! Thanks! Printed it out and I'm clearing off a spot on my fridge.
Thanks Teresa and Mary!

paulcrsb
01-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Believe me! I am no Qiuz Master!

Paul

tkd lisa
01-05-2004, 07:28 PM
Oops!! Sorry for the confusion. Guess I need to double check those names before posting. Somehow I thought Paul had posted the original question. Sorry David (I bow to your superior quiz question development skills!)

djs113
01-05-2004, 07:30 PM
you guys are way too funny!!!!

jilljill
01-05-2004, 09:19 PM
you guys are way too funny!!!!
Quit thinking we are funny and get thinking of new questions ::yes::

djs113
01-05-2004, 10:08 PM
easy jilljill ...

its not going to be easy to stump you, the queen of the internet surf

i have all week to think up a doozy or two, just for you ...

LOL

- David

WDWLVR
01-06-2004, 07:50 AM
It's cold here in Chicago. Thinking warm thoughts of sailing away for 10 days! :sunny:

Hercules10
01-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Cold in Dallas too! ~20 degrees...Brrrrrrrrrrr. At least we don't have any precipitation.

Speaking of trivia. For some reason I thought I remembered that one of the on-board activities involved some trivial pursuit matches. They still do this?? If not, it be kewl if we can arrange something on our own. Winner gets wine (or beer)??..just a
thought.

BTW...what kinda party animal don't drink beer, jilljill? :confused:
Wifey's beer-goggles transforms me into Pierce Brosnon. :D

Dancind
01-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Trivia is a very traditional cruise pasttime (Celebrity had it every day), but I think on DCL it's limited to "Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer" and maybe some kid's acitivities.

Mary, saw some of your posts on Cruise Critic. Was kind of wondering how to steer some of those interested folks over here. Very clever!

Diana

disneyme
01-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Can someone send me the newsletter?

paulcrsb
01-06-2004, 06:49 PM
It's cold here too! 20 degrees with snow and freezing rain!

Paul

jilljill
01-06-2004, 07:28 PM
BTW...what kinda party animal don't drink beer, jilljill? :confused:
Wifey's beer-goggles transforms me into Pierce Brosnon. :D
Herc,
The kind that drinks wine and makes wine glass pyramids 4 or 5 tiers high, while sitting for hours in Germany at Epcot :eek: ::yes::

tkd lisa
01-07-2004, 06:12 AM
disneyme, WDWLover (Mary) is the keeper of the newsletter. We are limiting access to people who are on the 18 Dec cruise, since there is some personal information in the newsletter. If you are on this cruise, send a pm to Mary, and she'll add you to the list and provide the link and password for the newsletter.

WDWLVR
01-07-2004, 06:22 AM
Disneyme - Lisa is correct. The newsletter is for DIS'ers who are sailing with us. If you have booked this cruise drop me an e-mail or pm with the following information: names of those cruising (first name onlys), birthdays, anniversary date, cabin number, early/late seating, and anything else special you would like us to know - (i.e. what cruise number will this be for you, are you DVC, etc. etc.).

Then I will send you the password to the newsletter area of the web page. If you just want to check the main page feel free to click on my home page below and then follow the link to the cruise.

Enjoy and hope to year you will be sailing with us!

PS to Disneyme - I checked back and sent you a pm on this back in December that you have never picked up.

Hercules10
01-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Herc,
The kind that drinks wine and makes wine glass pyramids 4 or 5 tiers high, while sitting for hours in Germany at Epcot :eek: ::yes::

:eek: jilljill!?!?!?!?! You were in Germany and you sample the wine?!?! Wines belong in France or maybe Spain. But Germany is there for beer tasting (See I can blame ma luv of brewskis on me being 1/2 German :D)

Just messin wit'cha jilljill. Actually I think the German portion of Epcot has warning pictures of my brother and I since we pert near drank 'em dry last time. :wave2:

wdwgoose
01-07-2004, 07:05 AM
PYRAMIDS ???????????

WELL can you balance a glass on a dime ?????? ohhhh thats with it half full ?????????????????????????

AND THE CHALLEGE IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I can even on a ship ;~))))

so I misted some things again !!!!
A nother day at work> ITS VERY COLD HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

really hoping theres NO fires today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaRry

jilljill
01-07-2004, 07:54 AM
PYRAMIDS ???????????

WELL can you balance a glass on a dime ?????? ohhhh thats with it half full ?????????????????????????

AND THE CHALLEGE IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I can even on a ship ;~))))
gaRry
I wouldn't want to chance spilling the wine if I couldn't do it!!! :teeth: But I will let you show me.
It's cold here too, about 19 out this morning, but at least we don't have that white stuff on the ground.

Herc, I would say I did more than 'sample the wine' ::yes:: . Germany is very good for 2 things: wine and beer. I think my picture is near yours and your brother's. But it's all good!!

Hercules10
01-07-2004, 08:57 AM
So you da hottie they put in between our ugly faces huh? :hyper:

And a sample can be 1oz or 16oz. Woo-Hoo!

jilljill
01-07-2004, 11:19 AM
So you da hottie they put in between our ugly faces huh? :hyper:

And a sample can be 1oz or 16oz. Woo-Hoo!
:rotfl: :jumping1: :rotfl:

I like your sample sizes.

Hercules10
01-07-2004, 11:47 AM
I like your sample sizes.
Behave now...this is a family forum!
:laughing:

gail1771
01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Hello to everyone and all the new people who joined the DIS.
We got back from our long ,long trip last night. We were suppose to get back on Monday but we missed our connection due to the new finger printing laws coming into the United States. They did not have any flights out till the next evening so we stayed in Sunny Florida for one more night before coming back to cold NY. The vacation was awesome and we loved the Cayman Island. We had great weather but very windy so they canceled sting ray city and day dives almost everyday. We did do some snorkling with DD. DS stayed in the children's program when we were snorkling. It is nice to be away and very nice to be home. I Missed you all. I had a lot of catching up to do. 18 pages since I left Dec. 21st.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello to all. I hope everyone had a great New Year's. I will speak to you all soon.

Fondly, Gail1771
::MinnieMo

ohiominnie
01-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by gail1771
I had a lot of catching up to do. 18 pages since I left Dec. 21st.

Glad you're back, safe and sound.

Don't worry about those 18 pages. It seems daunting, but 7 of those pages are ppl trying to race to be the 1000th reply before the end of 2003! ;) ;) ;)

Hercules10
01-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Welcome back Ms. Gail!

Originally posted by gail1771
We were suppose to get back on Monday but we missed our connection due to the new finger printing laws coming into the United States.

Could you expand on this a little? I thought the finger printing/photographing was for foreign travelers and not for US citizens. :confused:

WDWLVR
01-07-2004, 07:15 PM
Welcome back Gail! We missed you!

Yes we had a little fun on Christmas Eve getting to post #1000::yes::

What can I say - we're a silly group sometimes.

wdwgoose
01-07-2004, 08:25 PM
WHAT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
silly group sometimes ????????? do I need to post more ??????
well the thing no one said is well are still on for the 2000 & 3000 & 5000 post

wdwgoose
01-07-2004, 09:02 PM
OH yes and the BIG 10,000 post is MINE !!!!!!!!!!

sorry had a rescue call to go on. trouble breathing.

so everyone have a great night.

gaRry

jilljill
01-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Gail, welcome back. I'm sorry you had to leave nice warm, :sunny: weather and come back to the cold.

I would really like to hear about your experience returning to the country since we are going to Ireland next month. If they are only fingerprinting/photographing foreign visitors how should that hold up US resident lines?

wdwgoose
01-08-2004, 05:22 AM
okay another day of COLD !!!!!
11 here cold I need a warm place too go ????????
road trip W D W fix ???????? cruise ???????
got it I could do a sample thing just to make sure everything is good for our cruise??? you know check out the ship wdw try the limo service?????

I'm always trying to be helpful... in this area ....

have a warm day, still cruiseing to MY 10,000
gaRry

WDWLVR
01-08-2004, 06:25 AM
gaRry - that is so nice of you to want to check things out for us. You know making sure the ship is ready and all. Just shows how much you love us all.::yes::

tkd lisa
01-08-2004, 06:27 AM
Welcome back Gail! Glad you had fun, and hey, an extra day in FL couldn't be all bad? GaRry, we had 18 degrees here today, and we're MUCH farther south than you!

Okay, I'd like some advice on a change in our travel plans. Hold on cause it's long-winded (surprise, surprise!)

Original plan was to fly ourselves and the in-laws in on Friday the 17th, priceline an airport hotel, go to port Saturday am, cruise, stay the 28-29th at Shades of Green and do a 2 day length of stay park trip, priceline at the airport again and fly home the 30th. The in-laws have only done Magic Kingdom in 1979. I know they'd love Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Our kids really want to see Mickey's Philharmagic and Mission Space. None of us have been on TOT or RnRC (kids were too little the last time we were in MGM). So I'm wanting to park hop, hence the length of stay idea.

I've been looking at trip reports for this year at the same time, and the crowds seem horrible during the week after Christmas! FIL can't stand crowds. He really gets claustrophobic! I was originally against taking the kids out of school. They will be in 6th and 7th grade, and middle school was a tough transition for my daughter.

I'm really worried about the crowds, and the trip reports seem to show that crowds are really light the week before Christmas, I'm thinking about doing the 2 days before Christmas instead of after. I've also had a lot of trouble getting SOG to communicate with me. I've sent 3 email reservation requests and none have been answered. Their 1-888 number is set up for travel within 90 days so I haven't tried it yet. I found out that we can get the stars and stripes pass (government/military length of stay equivalent) even if we don't stay at SOG as long as we stay on disney property. So I'm considering:

Take the kids out of school Wednesday at noon and catch an evening flight to Orlando (set the in-laws up on the same type flight). Priceline at the a/p (I'm assuming it will be pretty late, probably 9 at least and I'm not willing to drive to WDW and pay WDW prices for a short sleep). Book at either POR or Pop Century with 2 one-day reservations (This is value season, and rack rate is either $133 or $77!) Pick up star and stripes pass on the 16 December one night reservation which gives admission on a park hopper basis for the 16th and 17th. Leave the WDW hotel the morning of the 18th, and CRUISE! Then on the 28th, just fly out that afternoon.

The 2nd option saves us one hotel night, as well as several hotel changes, gives us lower crowds, cheaper rates, etc. The only down side is taking the kids out of school for 2 1/2 days instead of 1/2 day. What do you think?

WVMD
01-08-2004, 06:38 AM
gaRry,

You better be careful - I'll be lurking around - and I'll snipe away your 10,000th post........:p

Still have a long way to go to even the 2000th post.....

Well, starting another day in the ER - so I hope everyone has a good day - Hope I don't see any of you in my ER.....:earseek:

Virgil (aka pirate: )

Dancind
01-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Lisa, definately do your WDW days BEFORE rather than after. Yes, the 29th thorugh a few days after New Year's will be wall-to-wall people. We were there for New Year's Eve 2001, imagine not being able to walk through huge Epcot because there's so many people (and that was the 29th!). Would love to do that too, but DD will be missing 3 days of school if we leave the night of the 17th! Can't do five, and I doubt we will go to WDW after the cruise, once was enough for those crowds. It's worth the visit for the decorations and special Holiday shows, etc., but before would be so much better. In fact, you could probably attend Mickey's Christmas party on one of those "before" nights.

Gail, did you stay on the Caymans or were you on a cruise? We were at Georgetown on Dec. 21, tendering from our Celebrity cruise. Stingray City tours were cancelled that day too. They've been having bad weather for a while, really hurts the economy there. Diana

two4ruff
01-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Haven't checked in for awhile....

Two feet of snow and -3 here, I'm ready to see blue water!!

Wish some of you worked in the ER we had to visit over New Years! My son broke his collarbone in a hockey tournament in Pendicton Canada. Nothing more fun than an out of country er visit...

Hope all is well as I continue to lurk...:wave2:

jilljill
01-08-2004, 12:32 PM
tkd lisa, Aren't your kids going to miss school any days of the cruise? My DD will miss, 12/21-23.
Have you checked the prices of getting a hopper pass thru SOG or DOD? That way you will have unused days that you can use on a future visit to WDW - just a thought for you.

gaRry, watch out for that pirate: that is on our cruise!!! ::yes::

two4ruff, Hope your DS is mending well.

Another cold day here too, and windy. We are supposed to have some snow tomorrow. I hope it doesn't amount to anything.

tkd lisa
01-08-2004, 02:57 PM
No, the school will be out for Christmas after 12/17 until 1/3. They get two full weeks. They only get 2 days guaranteed for spring break though. If there's no snow, they'll add two more to spring break.

Jill, I know that the in-laws will never come to WDW again, so the 3 extra days on the park hopper passes will never be used. I also know that we could use up the days left on their passes, but DH isn't a big fan of the parks, so we might not use them for a long time. I think a hopper pass at govt rate is still more than $200 apiece, and the length of stay at govt rate is right about $110. Since I'm going to be buying 6 this time, I can use that $600 for fun on the cruise!!

I know that I will pay more per day for a length of stay pass. If I didn't want to park hop, I'd probably just buy two one-day passes, but I want to be able to move around to see what we want to see in the time we have.

Thanks to all for your inputs.

WVMD
01-08-2004, 04:07 PM
tkd lisa - Nice tag - I guess that chocolates weren't enough - huh???

Virgil

WDWLVR
01-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Lisa - the tag fairy got you! :D

tkd lisa
01-08-2004, 06:29 PM
So cool, so cool!!!!
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Now I know the secret!! Cash does it, huh? I do feel honored because the tag fairy posted on the community board that she/he (not sure if the actual tag fairy has a gender??) is taking some time off. I'm glad I got tagged before the break! Must have been the 900th post that helped!

Mary, I'm glad you posted. You've been quiet this week. I was just about to send you a pm to be sure things were okay. I assumed it was the job craziness. Are you going to chat tomorrow? Love to talk to you and anyone else that wants to pop in.

WDWLVR
01-08-2004, 06:43 PM
Lisa - thanks for the concern - you are a sweetie!

Yes the job is crazy. Long, long hours and I'm feeling really beat down. Still looking for something else but no luck yet.

I should be in chat tomorrow night. I love cruise chat. Maybe this will be the week you and gaRry are in at the same time. :D

jilljill
01-08-2004, 06:49 PM
tkd lisa - Nice tag - I guess that chocolates weren't enough - huh???

Virgil
Virgil, I guess the TF has something against pirate:
Maybe your day will come, like when you snipe 10,000 away from gaRry :eek:

Nice tag Lisa.

Mary, good luck with the job search ::yes::

tkd lisa
01-09-2004, 05:08 AM
GaRry, note that challenge from Mary? I should be in chat around 9. See you there!

And Virgil, one day when you least expect it, maybe it will happen to you too!

tkd lisa
01-09-2004, 05:25 AM
Oops, one more question I meant to ask. Do you think that I could post my parks question at the top of this page over on the trip planning board? I'd really like some input from the experts(you guys are great, but I know there's LOTS of park nuts over there!) but I"m not sure if it's too specific of a question. Thoughts?

WDWLVR
01-09-2004, 05:57 AM
Lisa,

By all means post your question over on the trip planning board. You'll get lots of answers.

My opinion is that do the days before the cruise at WDW. We've been down there in Mid-december before and it is nice. When we went in early December this year the weather was great and the crowds were light. Plus since you will be there a Friday night you could do MVMCP which we love. It is a late night but since you are cruising the next day you will still have more time to sleep than if you were flying in that day. The parks are beautiful at that time of year.

Best of all after walking around the parks - you get to relax on the cruise for 10 more days!

wdwgoose
01-09-2004, 06:48 AM
YES before christmas if your me you know this?????
also there are lots of dis meets and me we I will meet you me I there okay????
the first 2 weeks was great at W D W now its starting to get more people there. MVMCP also makes more people. we did five of them ( I think)

WHAT !!!! no raddision ??????? well !!!!!!

YES CHAT night ?!?!?! will be there after lisa..... or me or I
unless the pirate: gets it first.
another day at work. about 7 here. okay time for breakfast and take my meds. went to bed without them last night. think this bug thing might be getting to me :mad:

gaRry

Hercules10
01-09-2004, 06:49 AM
How many of ya'll are going to take Xmas decorations to decorate your cabins? :confused:

WVMD
01-09-2004, 08:16 AM
gaRy, You're safe tonight - I won't steal chat. I have to work 5p-2a so I won't make chat.

Herc10 - I've been reading the cruise report from this Xmas and how they decorated to get some ideas. We do plan on taking at least some lights. We also got a Disney pin Xmas tree (sort of like an Advent tree - you put on a new pin each day of December) this year and plan on taking it also. I'm sure that they'll have a new pin tree next year - but we had to spend $8 to get a $6 pin (the Final pin) sent to us - they didn't release it until late.....

Have fun in chat!

Virgil

pirate:

Hercules10
01-09-2004, 09:05 AM
WVMD - I've been reading those same reports and was curious. Couple folks talked of packing whole suitcases full of decorations with extra extension cords. My wife and I don't do much cabin dwelling. Maybe a small prelit tree and an advent calender would be nice and not as cumbersome....hmmmmmm think-think-think. :scratchin

tkd lisa
01-09-2004, 10:00 AM
I'm thinking of taking our stockings, and maybe a string of lights. I can't imagine how much luggage we're going to have! 12 days * 6 people!! Even though I do laundry, I bet we'll have the max per the airlines! 12 suitcases! plus 6 carryones! I think we had 4 suitcases and 4 carry ons last time.

Dancind
01-09-2004, 10:19 AM
We just did a Holiday cruise on Celebrity. Some folks put a decoration on their door, several had the wreaths that played music and a cartoon thing when it was touched. I saw lots of kids making them play up and down the halls, and decided the noise would drive me nuts if I were in the cabin. So maybe a nice old fashioned (small) wreath... We did take DD's stocking, but with scuba gear and formal wear, I can't imagine taking any more!

Lisa, post your question over on the Parks board, but I think you'll get the same answers. Sorry, it's just crowded that time of year. Actually, I find that the folks on the DVC board know the most about WDW, but they might consider it off-topic. On the other hand, you might consider renting points to stay at DVC if you go before the cruise. It would be cheaper, nicer, and as a Guest of a DVC member (which renters are considered), you will get a 10% discount on a LOS pass. At least, I think you can (someone correct me if I'm wrong). If we don't go to BCV in August, I'll have some extra points! I'm still trying to figure out if I can afford one more trip before the big cruise.

tinkfan
01-09-2004, 01:55 PM
We plan on taking a few decorations and also ordering some things from Shirley so they will be delivered. I read a great tip on another thread about bringing those little suction cups with hooks to hang lights out on the verandah. I will be trying that.

We are also debating on wether to add a few days at WDW afterwards or not. We might just plan on having some down time at a resort, not hitting the parks.

wdwgoose
01-09-2004, 02:39 PM
There is the raddision ????? you can mail things there and have them waiting for you. ( No cost) well just mail charge. they do this all the time. so if we were not driving I would send stuff to!!!
just got back in the station after training , rescue calls , store run, movie , run lots

gaRry

gail1771
01-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry it took so long to come back to the DIS since we returned.

An answer to the question in regards to the US immgrations and finger printing. US citzens do not have to be fingerprinted BUT you stand on the same long lines together they do not have the lines seperated at this point in time. It took forever to get through customs because of this. It took 4-5 minutes per person who was finger printed. I am all for this but they have to get more organized and seperate the lines.

As for the parks during the Holidays It is EXTREMELY busy and the lines to get on the rides are very long. We have gone during New Years one year and we will never do it again. Friends of ours were there over New Years this year and 2 couples could not get into the Magic Kingdom because the park was filled. They said the lines were so long and it was way to crowed.
We went one year the week before x-mas and it was awesome. Small lines and not crowed at all. The weather was also in the high 70's it was so nice. We would love to do it before the cruise but we would have to pull my daughter out of school. the calendar 2004 is not out yet so we have no idea how much school she will be missing before 12/24?? It will depend on if we are off for 2 weeks or just a week and a day.

Talk to you all soon.

Gail1771

:earsgirl:

paulcrsb
01-09-2004, 07:30 PM
We are going to spend the week after the cruise at WDW. It might be crazy with all the crowds but it is something that we haven't done before. We hope to get tickets and go to Pleasure Island for New Years Eve. If it gets too crowded we can always do one of my favorite things and that is lounge hop at the different resorts!

Anyone else staying through New Years?

Paul

WDWLVR
01-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Had a great chat tonight. Lisa, Virgil and gaRry all showed up. Guess they proved me wrong - Lisa and gaRry can't be the same person. ::yes::

jilljill
01-09-2004, 09:02 PM
Gail, Thanks for the immigration reply. Leave it to the government not to separate the US citizens so the line would at least seem to move along quicker. At least this will give us a better idea, for when we return, on when to tell our friend to pick us up.

Herc, I can't believe you are worried about Christmas decorations for the cruise. I have to worry about packing for 3 trips this year and packing up a house and moving and unpacking before I even begin to think about what I will take on the cruise. I just hope that by that time, I will be able to find my sanity and my cabin after all the wine that will be drunk :eek:

afff
01-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Stockings and a string of lights......great idea.
Perhaps a mini tree.
My kids are still believers......I hope we will see Santa on board during the cruise. ( Does anyone know? )
Otherwise they might be a little disappointed.

Hey...... wdwgoose

How large a box can you mail to the hotel?
I suppose you must talk to a manager to hold it for you.
How close is the Radisson to the ship and is that the hotel who is offering the discount?

Is the DIS discount better than the one for Fire ( Gov't rate )?

wdwgoose
01-09-2004, 09:32 PM
BOY do we have Mary way lost ??????
chat night was there finally.
AFFF wondered about that ????
IAFF you ?????
not sure about size but one cruiser sent several boxes. they just keep them for you never tried the fire gov. rate if your staying there check on being with the dis cruisers group or maybee a quiet section of the hotel ???????
they are suppose to try to have us in the same area.
or if your not you can send it under our name ??? or we are driving down send it here and we'll bring it to the ship????
if its chocolate it WILL NOT make it just love that stuff LOL.
we are just south of detroit.

gaRry

wdwgoose
01-09-2004, 09:35 PM
OOPPSSS SORRY distance about 2 miles to ship

gaRry

afff
01-09-2004, 11:51 PM
Thanks...... wdwgoose for the info

At this point in time, we're not sure if we're driving.
Flying is so much faster ( we are about 5 hours east of Detriot.......in Canada )
We may get spoiled after this March Break, when we FLY to Orlando.

For the cruise, next December our kids are out of school Dec 17th.
If we drive, we may be a little rushed to get down there.
Returning may be a little hectic as well, as I have to work on the 30th.

Yes I am IAFF

I wonder if the Port Canaveral brothers have ample parking at their Fire Hall?
Yes even Canadian Firefighters are cheap..... LOL

Things may change if we pull the kids out of school early, and if I get some additional time off after the cruise.

I'll let you know about the parcel filled with stocking stuffers.
Much appreciated.

athurstance
01-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi,

I have just booked on this 10 day cruise. It seems I am a bit late compared to the rest of you but hopefully not too late to join in. There are 4 of us coming over from the UK. We have a category 6 cabin with veranda (6534).
We have just come back off a christmas cruise with P&O on the Oceana and had a wonderful time so just had to do another cruise this Christmas and since we have 2 children (who will be 12 and 10) Disney seemed the ideal choice.
We went to Antigua and St Lucia already but all the other ports are new to us and of course we only saw a little bit of these two anyway so looking forward to going back. We really loved Antigua - fabulous beaches.
We are on 2nd sitting for Dinner. Our kids stay up late and we prefer a bit more time to get ready in the evenings. On our last cruise the boys moved into the kids club - they loved it there - so they are looking forward to finding out about the Oceaneers Lab - looks fantastic in the photos.

Angela

wdwgoose
01-10-2004, 05:55 AM
WELCOME !!!!! ATHURSTANCE wow we are A grooup here !!!!!!!!!
di you read all the pages so up to speed on some of us stange cruisers???????
lets see we have another brit with us debs hill do you know her?????? there is one more have not heard from here in A very long time I'll have to check my list I don't remember her name.
Lets see you are 5 hours ahead of us ??????? so at 9 AM here your 2 PM ??????
have a great day I get off work here at 0730

see you all later

gaRry

WDWLVR
01-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by athurstance
Hi,

I have just booked on this 10 day cruise. It seems I am a bit late compared to the rest of you but hopefully not too late to join in. There are 4 of us coming over from the UK. We have a category 6 cabin with veranda (6534).
We have just come back off a christmas cruise with P&O on the Oceana and had a wonderful time so just had to do another cruise this Christmas and since we have 2 children (who will be 12 and 10) Disney seemed the ideal choice.
We went to Antigua and St Lucia already but all the other ports are new to us and of course we only saw a little bit of these two anyway so looking forward to going back. We really loved Antigua - fabulous beaches.
We are on 2nd sitting for Dinner. Our kids stay up late and we prefer a bit more time to get ready in the evenings. On our last cruise the boys moved into the kids club - they loved it there - so they are looking forward to finding out about the Oceaneers Lab - looks fantastic in the photos.

Angela

Angela - welcome again! Got your pm and sent you one back with details on the newsletter. Forgot to ask - can you send me your birthday and anniversary info too as we like to celebrate those in the newsletter.

That's wonderful that you have been to St. Lucia and Antiqua. As you can see in the newletter I try and to a little write-up on each port. I've never been to either of these. Do you have a picture or two you could e-mail me and a little about the island (what you did, what you liked, etc.) You'll see when you read the newsletter. I would love it if you could do a write-up for February (due to me by the end of this month) on it. I think first hand experience is great. Just e-mail it to me and I'll put it together.

Once again welcome to this crazy group. Make yourself at home and join the fun!

tkd lisa
01-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Welcome Angela! As GaRry says, we are a great group (of course I might be a little bit biased!). My son will be 11 at the time of the cruise. He'd love to email back and forth with your sons and get to know them before the cruise. It's nice to have a buddy in the lab.

On our Jan 2003 Wonder cruise we were in 7538 (one deck above yours). It is a really nice location. Convenient to 2 sets of stairs/elevators, but in a quiet location. On our trip, we backed into Castaway Cay, so we got a great view, and many photo ops while the island was deserted! That morning, we were up well before sunrise, so sunrise coming into CC are some of my favorite pictures of the trip. It was a little nippy out on the balcony that morning though (probably 68F or so) We just wrapped up in a blanket and snapped away with the camera!

Oh, we're also on late seating. We like the time to get ready without losing so much daylight.

jilljill
01-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Angela, a very big welcome to you and your family. Yes, we are a bunch of :crazy: cruisers that like to tease and have lots of fun.
Our DD will be 10 when we cruise and we also have second seating. She will not be told about the cruise for a long time. Wow, come to think of it, it has been a long time since we booked it.

gail1771
01-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Welcome Angela,

We were vacationing in Grand Cayman when you docked on Sunday January 4th. We were eatting lunch downtown Grand Cayman and met two lovely couples from your ship Oceana. They were from the UK also. We chatted with them for a while about the cruise out of Barbados and the ship. They were probably in there early 50's. We loved Grand Cayman. We were there at a time share for 8 nights with our DD who is 6.5 and our son who is 2.5 years old.
Welcome to our great group. It is going to be so much fun. Time is flying as we booked this trip almost 7 months ago. We are on Deck 5. I am planing a brunch for all of us who are intrested a day we are at sea at Palo's. If you are intrested e mail me at Gail17@optonline.net with your last name, cabin number and who will be attending the brunch.
There is another lovely couple traveling with there son from UK for this trip. Her name is Deb (DEbHill). If you read through the thread you can e mail her and her hubby.

Have a great weekend everyone. Fondly Gail1771::MinnieMo

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone! :wave2: It's been quite a while since i've posted- things have been crazy on the homefront! For those of you who don't remember me, I'm Jill AKA Tinkerbell (Daugher of Kabuli).

Anyway, i've been on a major crocheting hype recently and i thought that Lime Green & White scarves would be a really cool thing to have on a Christmas cruise (Scarves= wintery non-offensive!! Lime = DIS color)

So, my mother and i are both willing to make fun scarves, so let us know who's interested (And if any other crocheting or knitting fanatic is out there, please feel free to volunteer to help!!) I just think it would be a much more useful thing to have around than a t-shirt (especially for us northerners) and that it would draw a lot of attention from NON-DIS folk...

Let me know what you think about the idea!! Thanks a bunch!!

:cool1:
XOXO,
~*~Jillian~*~

afff
01-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Mary

Great newsletter Thankyou

The link for St. Lucia's interactive website is very informative.

I have already emailed ( I forget their handles..........not sure if I can use their real names here ) my interest in attending the DIS brunch and the DIS SCUBA dive.

I starting to feel warm and fussy all over.

WDWLVR
01-10-2004, 06:55 PM
I think scarves would be fun but would want them in addition to t-shirts not instead of. Great for if we decide to go carolling one night. Put me down for two - one for me and one for Mark. Let us know what you owe you for materials and time. Wish my mom was still with us. She'd love to help and was great at crocheting. Didn't get that gene from her :D plus have 0 time on my hands lately.

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh, come on, Crocheting isn't a gene!! I just learned a little while ago and i've already made five scarves!! It just takes someone who KNOWS to teach you, a little patience, and a little practice!! I just thought it would be lots of fun to have Green & White scarves, thanks for your "order" as it were, can't wait to see ya there!!
:smooth: XOXO :smooth:
~*~Jilly~*~

jilljill
01-10-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi Jill,
Get those fingers moving and get those scarves done :) Can I be picky and get 2 that are mostly white with lime trim or a few lime stripes?!? Someone has to be different and that is usually me.

Yes gaRry I know what you are going to say: has to have corked wine, must have snacks with the wine at the party and now wants mostly white scarves with lime trim!!! :eek: :wave2: ::yes::

I really don't like winter - it is too **** cold. It was only 17 for the high today :earseek:

tinksdad
01-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by afff
snip....
I have already emailed ( I forget their handles..........not sure if I can use their real names here ) my interest in attending the DIS brunch and the DIS SCUBA dive.

I starting to feel warm and fussy all over.

It does seem a ways off now, but every day that goes by is another closer:hyper:
I responed to your email with some info, although the first time I didn't know where the request was coming from. (Note to self - pay more attention to the newsletter information)

Let's Go diving!!

Kevin

Kabuli1
01-11-2004, 06:48 AM
jilljill, you really are high-maintenance aren't you?

Jill has started on lime green scarves. Knitting and crocheting are NOT on my to-do list till we get moved. So don't count on me, Jilly Bean, to help you out for awhile!

Have a great day everybody!

Karyn

wdwgoose
01-11-2004, 08:06 AM
well I looked and so far only found 6 pics. from antigua.
we docked there about 25 years ago. they were using an end loader to clear the garbage from the dock. my pics show a old building that looks like town hall. they were rebuilding it then.
and there was all these funny looking animals running all over da place. goats lots of GOATS !!!!!!!!!!!!

jilly bean ?????? can you make jilljills with a cork screw holder for her winneying things. I would HATE for her to lose her cork thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY got it on the back ( well other end)
a bottle holder ??????? for her wine bottles does anyone THINK jilljill IS HIGH maintenance ????????????????????

thank you jilly bean dd got your e mail.

gaRry

PrincessAuroraInBlue
01-11-2004, 09:29 AM
You know, i just realized that things are going to get very confusing between JillJill and i... i've officially decided that from now on, everyone can either call me "Princess" or "Your Highness"

::yes::
Heh Heh Heh

Sooooo, my mother is correct - i have started on my scarf quest! In one sitting I got 2/3 of one done... lemme tell you all that it's VERY VERY lime green!! And i assure everyone that no two scarves will be exactly alike!! JillJill- I'll try and make yours extra special on request!! ;)

I'm excited!!

wdwgoose
01-11-2004, 10:27 AM
jilly bean theres alot of difference between you and jilljill.

we just use jilly Bean see ????????????????????

besides you don't need a cork screw ??????

AND you can walk ~~~~~~~~~ a strait line!!!!!!! well without help

LIME REALLY LIME GREEN YAAAAAAAAAAA BABY THATS ME !!!!!!!!!!!! sounds like mine is done ???????????

my shorts my t shirt my socks my hat AND now scarf!!!!!!!
YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY lets cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL

gaRry

jilljill
01-11-2004, 10:36 AM
I don't classify myself as high maintenance, just VERY picky :D

Thank you 'Your Highness' for trying to accomodate MY special request. It doesn't have to be customized to gaRry's specifications.

wdwgoose
01-11-2004, 10:43 AM
CRUISER LIST

OHIOMINNIE
CHRISTMAS2004
WDWLVR & MARKRG
WDWGOOSE
KABULI 1
PAULCRSB
ALL_EARS
TWO4RUFF
3TIMECRUISER
TINKFAN
DANCID
LG123
TNROBIN
OUTAHERE
GAIL1771
JILLJILL
B & B CRUISERS
DVC4US
TRISHY
DJS113
TKSBASKETS
LORRAINE
KPROS
GOOFYDADEO
TCHRMOM
UROMAC
MARC & ALLISON
ITSMAGIC99
DONALDS_BEST_PAL
MDVASQUEZ
ROBERTS B19
DEBS HILL
DISNEYJUNKIE
JHEMOND
JANLYN
PFOITH
TKDLISA
SANDERS3209
MIC & LYN
BORN2CRUZ
WVMD
VIDEOGAL 1
SANDMAN980
CMASSFAMILY
JUSTMESTACE
DISNEYME
AFFF
LAURAJEAN1014
MSEC - DVC95
HERCULES 10
ATHURSTANCE

OKAY WHO WAS MISSED ???????

AND THE LIST GOES ON & ON & ON

WDWGOOSE

gaRry & vicki vanessa dd greggory ds

wdwgoose
01-11-2004, 10:47 AM
SURE I'm here doing work while at work AND someone comes in and takes MY place for the list. SOME CRUISERS LOL LOL

WELL da nerve see what time you get room service on the ship ???????????? just think of me :~))) remember that little stroll to see the ship come in ????????

YES YOUR MAJISTEE please help us none deserving cruisers please????????

why don't they have speel checkers on tthreads ???????????

gaRry

paulcrsb
01-11-2004, 11:55 AM
does anyone THINK jilljill IS HIGH maintenance ????????????????????

gaRry - I've got to agree with you. Picky, high maintenance, same difference to me!

Paul