View Full Version : 20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 10:10 AM
POST 500 YES YES GREAT !!!!!!!!!!

GArRY :jester: :smooth: :p :bounce: :Pinkbounc

paulcrsb
09-14-2003, 11:13 AM
gaRry - We are cruising with Beano next month. I'll tell him you said hi! I've still got my video from 2 years ago. When I watch it it doesn't seem like it's been 2 years!

Paul

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 11:39 AM
I wonder if he still has that name tag????????????
I just sent a copy of that to video for the chicago meet.
it does bring back nice memories. well i'll have to check out your cruise. lunch time do more after lunch

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :p

jilljill
09-14-2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the map. Nice to know where the islands are ahead of time.

jan lyn
09-14-2003, 04:11 PM
yes, I agree.. the map is great!

Kabuli1
09-14-2003, 05:00 PM
First back from the Chi Xmas 04 meet! Of course we live the closest! Vicki & DD and Mark & Mary are great people! Mary will be posting a pic in a few hours! We had a blast! If you've been thinking about having a meet in your area - I highly recommend it!

Karyn

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 05:31 PM
well sounds like fun????????? glad all liked the video.
the ship on the shirts ????????? still need a lay out ????
style?????? we are down to only 460 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm ready to start packing.
but really my dd is NOT always that good or quiet.

really glad all had a great time. next one i hoping cam make.
lets see who lives by WDW ?????? lets have a meet..

just a reason to go back to WDW again again again. well

OKAY lets see da pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p

Kabuli1
09-14-2003, 05:36 PM
gaRry, We're waiting for Mary to get back so post the pics. I'm clueless about that sort of thing. Your DD is adorable and my DD liked her alot! I noticed you have 491 posts and I have 489 (now 490) - Wonder which of us will get to 500 first?

Hey everybody how was your weekend? It was the first "fall" weekend here, weatherwise! Pretty soon I'm going to be dreaming about the Magic cause I want so badly to get away from the frozen north!

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone! We're back from the meet and have some pictures.

First here is the whole group (left to right) Karyn (Kabuli1), Vicki (wdwgoose - the female version), Randy (Karyn's DH), Vanessa (Vicki's DD), Jill (Karyn's DD), Mary (WDWLVR), Mark (MarkRG)

http://monorailgreen.info/oakbrook.jpg

Close up of Jill

http://monorailgreen.info/jill.jpg

Karyn and Randy

http://monorailgreen.info/karynrandy.jpg

Vanessa and Vicki

http://monorailgreen.info/vanvick.jpg

I agree with Karyn - if you get the chance to meet with fellow cruisers do it. We had a great time and I really feel like we've made some wonderful new friends.

We also had the pleasure of talking to gaRry on the phone. Wish he could have joined us in person.

How about the rest of you - would you be willing to share some pics? I'd love to start a photo album in the private area of the web site. Let me know!

gail1771
09-14-2003, 06:22 PM
The pictures of you all are wonderful. I can know put the words with the face. Hopefully sometime in the future we will get together with David and his family from the dishboards and anyone else who wants to join us that lives on Long Island or New York City. David's family only lives one town over from us. His wife and my husband went to the same High School. They are a few years apart. How neat is that!!! It looks like you all had a great time. Thank you for sharing the great pictures with all of us. Talk to you all soon. Fondly-Gail1771

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 06:22 PM
WOW
what a meet looks like i need to save alittle more for the cruise
is that a taste of PALOS ????????????????
really they are nice now we know what you guys look like gee and i mist the picture lol ?????
great job can you use a video camera just as good ?????????

we do need a video of our cruise????????????

gaRry :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

try something different

Kabuli1
09-14-2003, 06:27 PM
gaRry - we discussed the fact that we are all technologically challenged when it comes to videos! You will have to find one of the other fine folk on the thread to make our video! Your DD offered to do the filming if you can find someone to edit it!

Do you still recognize Vicki or has she been away too long?

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Sorry gaRry I only do still pictures - I guess you'll just have to talk Beano into sailing with us so he can do the video :)

PrincessAuroraInBlue
09-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Hey, I'm Kabuli's DD - I had a great time @ The Meet Today (Fine Dining, Free Food, Good Company, what more can you ask for?) You can see my picture from the Chicago meet above. After meeting everyone, i figured it was just about time to get my own Account! So here i am...! I'm Looking forward to the 2004 Christmas Cruise! If anyone (Hopefully near my age!!) wants to talk, let me know! Adios for now!

~Jilly~

WDWLVR
09-14-2003, 10:00 PM
Jill,

It was great meeting you and so nice to see that you have your own account now.

Mark and I were just watching Sleeping Beauty this morning before we left for the meet!

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 10:34 PM
nice to see you lol lol
now that you guys meet the sane ones wait til you meet me
well now i guess my dw will have to get her own. she needs it lol
okay time for bed again the pictures look nice
next one of me. maybee my babies too

MarkRG
09-15-2003, 07:13 AM
One thing you should know - my years of working in loud environments is taking its toll, I don't hear as well as I once did. Don't mistake my reserve in person for shyness, it's more because I don't want to make a mistaken comment.

I totally missed the conversation about videotaping - I am by no means a pro but do plan on bringing my Sony Digital8 camcorder and do have the equipment(untested, at this point, just finished it up a week ago) to do edits on the level of Beano's really well done tape. I plan on having some tapes done from tape already shot before we go, so I should have at least some experience by then, if not with the absolute creative flair of Beano but I'll do my best.

WDWLVR
09-15-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by MarkRG
One thing you should know - my years of working in loud environments is taking its toll, I don't hear as well as I once did. Don't mistake my reserve in person for shyness, it's more because I don't want to make a mistaken comment.

What he means is that his wife has a big mouth and he often can't hear over her yapping.
:)

jilljill
09-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
What he means is that his wife has a big mouth and he often can't hear over her yapping.
:)
Mary, you are too funny. :)

Kabuli1
09-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Actually I think what really happened is that sitting between the two of us Mark couldn't get a word in edgewise! You can't take all the blame, Mary!

Karyn

paulcrsb
09-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Beano said we could kidnap him for the cruise but only if we got him a suite!

Paul

WDWLVR
09-16-2003, 07:35 AM
Paul,

We'd love to have Beano on the cruise - but I'm having enough trouble budgeting for our cabin let alone a suite for him :)

Kabuli1
09-16-2003, 07:56 AM
Is Beano at least waitlisted for a suite? I know he tried to get one on the very first day we could make reservations but they were all spoken for. It would be wonderful if one became available for him! I've heard so much about him.

Karyn

mdvasquez
09-16-2003, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone! Loved seeing the pics from your lunch. It's nice to put some faces with names. I am jealous, wish I could have been there. If anyone ever want to meet in FLA let me know.

I am so glad Isabelle is not hitting us here!!! We are right on the east coast, about 10 minutes from the beaches. Two years ago on my anniversary in June we had a tornado come through our neighborhood. It tore off our next door neighbors whole pool patio, then lifted up over our house and touched down across the street and took some of our other neighbors roof. It was pretty scary!!

Sorry for the gloomy story!:p On the brighter side, we are going for our Amnio testing this thursday, so in about 2 weeks we will find out what we are having!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Well, that all from FLA for now. Have a great day everyone.

Dena

wdwgoose
09-16-2003, 06:19 PM
okay one small meet and this thead just ends ??????

come on cruisers bump bump

next time I get to orlando area I'll drop in ?????? you got boonesfarm?????????????????

no great then i'll stop by. in august me and my ds was down we saw the wonder sail and took pictures.
all three ships came out in line. that was different.
we did think of you guys and not good on names who lives south of tampa????? we was going to cross the big bridge there never made it.. anyways we were close to a visit.

have other friends in west palm did not make it there.
seems like time just goes so fast when I get down. then I get back and have soooo much to catch up on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
458 days lots of time for meet after meet after meet.

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p :bounce: :Pinkbounc

wdwgoose
09-16-2003, 06:38 PM
mary,
i don't think that thread liked you LOL
new thread of petes for reviews. check it out
slow cruisers post late lol (mary)
okay seems like they are looking for replies.

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p :bounce: :Pinkbounc

jilljill
09-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Ahoy All,
We have found the funds to pay for the cruise :) Yeah!! NOw we have just over a year to figure out how to get off from work :eek:
Any legit and legal ideas are greatly appreciated.

PrincessAuroraInBlue
09-16-2003, 11:54 PM
Four Hundred and Fifty Eight Days?? I Don't want to wait Four Hundred and Fifty Eight Days!! I wanna go now!!!

gail1771
09-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by jilljill
Ahoy All,
We have found the funds to pay for the cruise :) Yeah!! NOw we have just over a year to figure out how to get off from work :eek:
Any legit and legal ideas are greatly appreciated.

Hi Jill,

I am glad you can join us all. I will give it some thought how you can get out of work for the holiday cruise. Talk to you soon. Gail1771

tkd lisa
09-17-2003, 07:50 PM
Hi all! We were at the bottom of the 2nd page! I was out of town (Tampa), and just got back. Just in time to clear up the yard and batten down the hatches. Prayers and good thoughts for us! 75 mph winds coming our way! Schools are closed for tomorrow, and rumor is the base is shutting down early.

Would sure love to be cruisin right now!

See you all!

Kabuli1
09-17-2003, 08:37 PM
Lisa, stay safe! ok?

And to anyone else in the path of the storm - we're thinking about you and praying for all of you!

Karyn

gail1771
09-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Thinking about you all that are in the path of the storm. I will say my prayers for you all tonight. We will just probablly get the rain, wind, high surf and beach erosion here on Long Island, NY. Everyone keep in touch so we know that everyone is safe with their families. Fondly-Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Lisa and everyone else in the path of the storm please stay safe and check in when you can so we know you are ok. Prayers going out that the storm weakens and does not cause much damage or any loss of life.

jilljill
09-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Gov. declared a State of Emer. here for the next 2 days, so no school. Parents secured the beach house and headed up here yesterday. We had enough rain and flooding on Monday to last the rest of the year, can't imagine what it will be like for the next couple of days.

WDWLVR
09-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by jilljill
Gov. declared a State of Emer. here for the next 2 days, so no school. Parents secured the beach house and headed up here yesterday. We had enough rain and flooding on Monday to last the rest of the year, can't imagine what it will be like for the next couple of days.

Glad to hear you got the beach house secure. Hope this passes quickly and without much damage or losses. I can't scared enough with a Midwestern thurnderstorm. I don't think I would do well in a hurricane.

mickg7dyd
09-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi,
Count us in we've got a Cat 9 booked and are counting down the days.

Mick + Lyn

:smooth:

jilljill
09-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mickg7dyd
Hi,

Mick + Lyn

Welcome aboard!!!

Kabuli1
09-18-2003, 04:42 PM
New folks joining us! YEAH! How cool is that? We've got lots of stuff going on already. just you wait till Mary get you all filled in on everything! Brunches, meets, a website for the cruise, a newsletter! We are having so much fun! Do you have children traveling with you?

Welcome! Mick and Lyn!

Karyn

gail1771
09-18-2003, 05:03 PM
Welcome Mike and Lyn!!! We have great things planned for this trip. Do you have any children?? I am setting up a brunch at Palo's for all the Dishboard people going on this cruise. It will be at a day we are at sea. If you are intrested in joining us all just e mail me your first and last name and cabin number. My e mail address is gail17@optonline.net I hope you will join us.

For all you Disher's my e mail address was changed to the above if you need to get in touch with me.

Hope everyone is safe and well during the storm. My prayers and best wishes are with all the families in the path of the storm.

Talk to you all soon. Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by mickg7dyd
Hi,

Mick + Lyn

Welcome aboard! Karyn and Gail have filled you in on a lot. If you drop me an e-mail at marygums@covad.net with the following: names of everyone traveling, ages, birthdays, anniverary, cabin number, early or late dining, which cruise this is for you, and anything else special you'd like to tell us (DVC, etc.). That way we can put it in the newletter in the coming months. The plan is to get one out each month.

Click my link below to get to my web page and from there a link to get to the Christmas 2004 page. Once you e-mail me I'll e-mail back the password to get into the newsletter.

Again - welcome - glad to have you join us!

wdwgoose
09-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Welcome Mic & Lyn the more - the merrier!!

Hey Mary, Mark, Karen, Randy and Jill We had a great time at lunch last Sunday. It was really great to meet everyone. The pictures were very nice. I am still trying to make up for lost sleep from the show. Vanessa had a great time also, but was more excited about her adventure on Monday - sorry everyone meeting the President is a bit more exciting. She got some really great pictures but I cannot figure out how to get them here. (I haven't really had time to get them off the camera)

Hope everyone near the storms/Isabelle are staying safe.

Take Care and God Bless

Vicki :wave: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

PrincessAuroraInBlue
09-18-2003, 11:35 PM
It was great meeting all of you too! I'm glad you guys had fun singing for the president! That's such an awesome opportunity! Anyways, I'm sure we're going to have just sooo much fun on our cruise! Only 456 days!! Can't Wait!!

WDWLVR
09-19-2003, 06:18 AM
Vicki it was great meeting you and Vanessa too! I can't blame her for being more excited to sing for the President than to meet us :) Would love to see the pictures! That is a great honor.

Sounds like Isabel has slowed down - hope everyone is safe!

Kabuli1
09-20-2003, 07:30 AM
Just a little bump from the bottom of page two!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-20-2003, 09:11 PM
An evening bump as we were back on page 2.

Just came back from a beautiful walk along the lake front. Tonight was the Light The Night Walk to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma society here in Chicago. It was a wonderful experience I got to share with a number of people I work with.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

The Magic sailed today with the last group before dry dock.

Another week off our countdown as well :)

Debs Hill
09-21-2003, 07:00 AM
Welcome aboard fellow English cruisers Mick and Lyn! Keep in touch, it's great to get to know each other before we cruise!

Gail, thanks for your patience! so sorry for the delay in e-mailing you! Will reply asap! Love to you and your family!

Karyn: Are you as excited about your forthcoming trip to WDW as we are?!!!!!

Love Debsxx

wdwgoose
09-21-2003, 08:13 AM
BEAUTIFUL weekend just right.
well days are counting down. it would be nice to sneek in a few days at wdw I need a break. well with all going to wdw maybee there should be a meet there ?????????? I could be the arganiser geee guess that means I would have to go yeeeppppie ok I 'll do it even if its a meet of one ????????

okay just joking on my part. we are trying to go over thanksgiving not sure yet ??????????????????

Kabuli1
09-22-2003, 06:08 AM
Wow, what a quiet weekend for our thread! I'm bumping this up again from the bottom of the 2nd page.

DebsHill, - I'm not thinking so much about our trip in Nov yet. it's just a quick weekend, and we're not for sure about it yet! Got a wedding in Seattle in two weeks that I need to start thinking about.

A beautiful, but quiet weekend here. Miss Jill filled out her first college application on Saturday, and we had a block party that evening as well.

Jill would really like to talk to other teens who will be on the Christmas cruise - if any of you could pm me with their email addresses or screen names!

Karyn

Born 2 Cruz
09-22-2003, 06:04 PM
Just booked ours yesterday yes, what a better way to spend your Sunday but to plan a vacation... The agent on the phone told me that we are about 75% full so it is going fast...

Kabuli1
09-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Born 2 Cruz, WELCOME! It's great to have more people joining us!

Have you read this entire thread yet? We've got lots going on! Tell us a little about yourselves! I noticed you have a cruise to look forward to between now and or great Christmas adventure!

I'm sure others will chime in also and add their greetings!

Karyn

traveling w/ DH, DS 21, DD18 (at time of cruise)

WDWLVR
09-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Born 2 Cruz - welcome to the DIS and welcome to the 2004 Christmas Cruise thread.

We do have a very active group, but always love to see new people. My website (link below) has a special area just for the 2004 Christmas Cruise as well as monthly newsletters. The newsletters are password protected but I will send you the password if you e-mail me at marygums@covad.net. When you e-mail me it is appreciated if you would give me the names of all those in your party, brithdays, kids ages, stateroom number, early/late seating, anniversary date, and anything else special (like is this your first cruise or your 10th). Not trying to be too nosy :) just trying to find out information we can all share (which is why they are password protected). Any questions just e-mail or pm me.

Hope you will post here often!

jilljill
09-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Born 2 Cruz -
Welcome aboard. Can't believe the ship is 75% booked and it is still more than 1 year away.
I'm very jealous that you have a cruise booked before the 'big one'.
I have spent the past couple of days booking a trip to Dublin for my family. Vacation planning on a weekend is great fun. :) Now to add a counter for that trip.

gail1771
09-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Welcome Born 2 Cruz. I received your e mail in regards to the Palo Brunch. I just e mailed you back. My e mail address has changed to gail17@optonline.net. Our family is also from Long Island. We live in Syosset and another Dish Cruiser for the holiday sailing lives in Plainview, NY. I can't believe the ship is 75% filled that is awesome. This is a great group of people on this thread and going on this cruise. If you get a chance you should read through the threads. We all have alot planned for this cruise. wdwgoose(GarRy) is taking care of the discount at the Radission the night before we sail if you are flying in the night before. wdwgoose also has a list of all of us going on this crusie if you want to e amil him. Mary has a great news letter. wdwgoose is looking into t shirts for us all. I am taking care of the brunch. I am sure I must of left other stuff out.
Do you have children coming on this crusie and if so how old are they?? There are alot of different age groups of children going on this cruise. I know someone is setting up an e mail list for the older children. We look forward to you joining in with us. Gail1771

Born 2 Cruz
09-22-2003, 08:17 PM
ME and DW and DD 7 Cant wait also have one planned for feb 04.

I think shirts would be a great idea. :Pinkbounc

gail1771
09-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Hello Born 2 Cruz. We have a dd who is 6.5 and my ds is 2 years old. It would be great for our DD's to hook up. If you can e mail me your info for the brunch I will put it in my folder for this cruise. Just e mail me your first and last names and cabin number.

Hi everyone. Hope all is well for you all. I was also on line this weekend booking a small get away without the children. We got great deal on a cruise going out of NY on RCCL new ship Senerade of the Seas for 4 nights to Canada. Our TA got us a great deal for a Guarantee inside cabin. It was to good to pass up. Total trip for two was $566.00. It should be so nice to go out of NY. My parents and sister in law will be doing the babysitting. We are sailing on 10/23/03. This boat has a glass dome over the pool. Anyway I hope you all have a great week. Fondly-Gail1771:smooth:

two4ruff
09-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Hello Christmas cruisers!
Been away for a bit due to knee surgery #3 for the summer...But its great to see everyone keeping the thread alive!

Just wanted to check in and help keep us bumped up to page 1!

Hey - just how many "Jills" do we have on this cruise??;)

Jill

tkd lisa
09-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Just checking in after the hurricane. We have been without power since Thursday, and it's likely going to be down until the end of this week. They can't get to our power line feeders, since they are in thick woods (great idea, huh!).

I made it back into work today and am just happy to have electricity and running water!

We had minimal damage to the house, but lost 4 trees, some shingles and siding. It could have been lots worse!

I'll catch up later.

wdwgoose
09-23-2003, 08:57 AM
lisa
sounds like its not fun??????? we know how you feel. 3 days of the black out for here. been looking into a house generator system my luck is the natural gas would go out and then it would not work either. GLAD to hear it was not really bad
just bad enough. now you have fire wood for the winter (after you get the fire place)

cruisers from the meet ????????? I sent my t shirt along for some help in the new design????? she would NOT take my hat!!!!!biggest thing is the ship out line did you like that????????? that took the longest to do. We were very happy with it.
know about the shirt that you can find in a power outage, stand out in a crowd, be seen at a far far distance, and have lots of people ask you (are you okay?????) TIME WARP
OKAY really lets start working on the t shirts?????????????
SUGGESTIONS ??????????? yes SHIP I hope ????
do we list the islands ??? do we say 10 day cruise???
CHRISTMAS 2004 ????? lets get started dw says I cann't start packing yet (party pooper)
NOW WELCOME NEW ONES
your name was added to the list I will repost it on nexted page.
send more info please??????
another day at work we had a sick horse yesterday last night she was a lot better. 11 yr old rescue mare.we 've had her about 4 mo. okay enough for now time to fix breakfast. :~)

ps dw wants to get a dis name any ideals??????????

jilljill
09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by two4ruff
Hello Christmas cruisers!
Been away for a bit due to knee surgery #3 for the summer...But its great to see everyone keeping the thread alive!

Just wanted to check in and help keep us bumped up to page 1!

Hey - just how many "Jills" do we have on this cruise??;)

Jill
Hope your knee is feeling better, surgery is not fun.
I found us at the bottom of page 1 so thought I would move us to the top.
BTW, jilljill is only my DIS name - not my real name. So there is 1 less 'Jill' to worry about.

Kabuli1
09-23-2003, 05:15 PM
So, jilljill, what is your real name?

I guess that means we just have two Jills, my DD - PrincessAuroraInBlue and two4ruff! Neither of them have "Jill" DIS names - but then there's jilljill (DIS name) who really isn't Jill! I'm just trying to get this straight!

Lisa, glad you're back with us! So do you have power at work but not at home? I didn't quite understand that. I hope the cleanup goes well.

gaRry, Vicki is really being mean if she won't let you pack yet! What's up with that??? I'm not sure about the tie-dye thing - can we get solid lime green? I like having the ship on it - it would be cool if we could put the map on it that Mary posted.

Karyn

Born 2 Cruz
09-23-2003, 05:20 PM
What about listing the stops on the back as if it were a concert tour???

Anybody else have any ideas..

wdwgoose
09-23-2003, 05:24 PM
mean vicki :~(
map yes can I get that somehow??????? that could be possible
solid color wording any other thoughts????????????
collar shirts t shirts need to do wording map ect. first then the shirts are the easy part any more thoughts ??????????
speak now speak later e mail pm anything ??????????

WHAT is all this with webmaster michele ??????????????????

gaRry :confused: :( :( :confused:

wdwgoose
09-23-2003, 05:26 PM
is it me or is there a proplem with these timers ??????????

gaRry

wdwgoose
09-23-2003, 05:30 PM
10,000 views YES THATS US still have 451 DAYS left

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p :bounce: :bounce:

WDWLVR
09-24-2003, 07:02 AM
Good morning everyone - bumping us up from page 2.

gaRry I thought the shirt looked great. I agree with Karyn in that I'm not much of a tie-dye person. I liked the ship and if we did lime green shirts with a red ship that would have a great holiday feel to it.

The picture they are talking about is on the web site. I like the idea of doing the iteneary on the back like with rock concert. I think we should mention Christmas Cruisers - maybe having wording in a circle on the front (small) to look like a wreath and the bow could have the dates in it. I'll see if I can mock something up.

Do you want me to put something in the newsletter about the shirts with your e-mail address like I did with Gail and the brunch? The newsletter should be ready to go this weekend.

wdwgoose
09-24-2003, 07:09 AM
YES
its time to start getting ideals togeather and get this going
MAYBEE then mean vicki will let me start packing :~))
lime green works collar on it ??????
lets see on the back ????
CHRISTMAS DIS CRUISERS
PIC. SHIP

OKAY IS THIS A START????????????????

Kabuli1
09-24-2003, 07:17 AM
gaRry! You keep asking about collared shirt! Are you suggesting polo shirts? I prefer a T-shirt! My opinion only, I don't like polos and wouldn't want to wear one. I think they look better on men. But that's just my opinion!

Mary, looking forward to the next newsletter!

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Got an idea for the shirts - but need a little help uploading. Be back soon.

WDWLVR
09-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Here we go - what do you guys think of this. I'm thinking of this small on the front left chest area (like where a t-shirt pocket would go:

Edited to remove bad image.

tkd lisa
09-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Cool, we're talking about shirts!

But first, my big news. I'm coming to you live, from our house! We have power! Of course, it only took 6 days! We were in the last 750 houses they restored. Someone always has to be last.

As far as shirts, I'm flexible. I like some form of lime green. The tie died were fine for us, since they definitely stood out, but lime green anything is pretty easy to spot.

I'd also lean for a t-shirt instead of a polo. We threw ours on to and from the pool, on the way to snorkling, etc. Wouldn't be able or willing (lol) to do that with a polo.

Have a happy day! Lisa

gail1771
09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Here we go - what do you guys think of this. I'm thinking of this small on the front left chest area (like where a t-shirt pocked would be)

http://monorailgreen.info/DIS/Smallbow.jpg

Mary I like your design. How about Holiday Cruisers instead of Christmas Cruisers. Disney has it listed as a Holiday Cruise. Just a suggestion. Hope all is well for everyone.
Talk to you soon. Fondly-Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-24-2003, 09:09 PM
Lisa - wonderful news that you have power!

Gail - Holiday cruise - good idea. Sorry I guess I'm showing my Catholic school upbringing to call it Christmas - when not everyone celebrates Christmas.

gaRry gets the prize for noticing that I had us sailing in 2005 - not 2004 :) Guess I really must have needed extra time to save.

I'll work on the changes and post again.

WDWLVR
09-24-2003, 09:24 PM
How about this one:

http://monorailgreen.info/DIS/Smallbow.jpg

gail1771
09-24-2003, 09:35 PM
Hi Mary- Your revised logo is PERFECT.

Hi Lisa, I'm glad your back with us. Sorry to hear it took so long to get your power back.

Talk to you all soon-FondlyGail1771

jilljill
09-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Hey gaRry,
I fixed my timer. I had to delete the old ones and put them back in all over again. :confused:

wdwgoose
09-25-2003, 07:24 AM
timers up and working power back on knees getting better
sailing in 2004 great logo for the front WOW now if we could just get a big early booking discount say half off ???? LOL LOL it would be a beautyful thing :~))))))))
okay guess I'm back at the shirt thing what were you thinking when you read that ????????????? AND why were you up at that time ???????????? it could have waited really :~)) so no coller okay lime green in color (no tye dye) how about dis name and real name above logo ??????????? of course all embrorderd????? ship on back dis holiday cruisers above ship then ?????? map or list islands and dates ???????
a nother day at work will post more later

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p :p

DVC4US
09-25-2003, 08:14 AM
Boy you guys are great!:)

I think Mary's logo looks really good, I like the idea of having real name above logo and lime green t-shirts. I also like the idea of listing the ports on the back like concert dates.

Keep up the hard work.

LeiLani Naylor

tkd lisa
09-25-2003, 08:28 AM
Answering a question from a while ago (just got caught up).

Karyn, you were asking how I was posting without power.

There was power at work (the Navy base) within a couple of hours. There was really never a break at the base due to generators. The gym (drill hall) was a shelter site, so the generators kept up power and water there.

Our house is pretty rural (even though it's only 20 minutes from work), and we were among the last to be fixed. Since we are on a well, when there's no power, there's no water of any kind. We had been using the drill hall for showers during the outages. My initial post on Tuesday was the first day I had made it into work (Monday was tied up with the insurance adjuster!).

I guess I missed quite a bit on the boards while I was gone! Just caught up with the other issues and I sure hope things settle down. Anyone up for cruise chat tomorrow night? Looking forward to chatting with the Christmas cruisers!

WDWLVR
09-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Lisa - count me in for cruise chat! I love Friday night chat. Any other Holiday Cruisers going to join us?

WDWLVR
09-25-2003, 06:44 PM
gaRry,

Meant to tell you that I like the embroidery for the names. Adds a really nice touch. I'm all for putting the stops on the back too!

wdwgoose
09-25-2003, 08:02 PM
okay t shirts are getting there. does someone have a new dis name ???????? I'll change it on my list.
I'm sure we can get the logo embrorderd to match the names
if okay ?????? now on the back lay out ??????????

on the ship we can have dis holiday cruisers or above the ship?
then put 2004 on the ship????? listing the islands and or dates
someone show me what is in mind ??????????
plenty of time . if i get a rough out line then the t shirt place can get a good layout on disk and away we go
I need to find my disk with the shirt layout on it so everyone can see the ship and maybee have more ideals !!!!!!!!!!!!!
still no packing yet anyone else.?????????

should be at chat night I hope not working so will be NO FIRE CALLS

gaRry

:jester: :smooth: :p

DVC4US
09-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Sorry about that everyone, I would be the one with the new dis name. I forgot I had not told you guys on this thread. Former dis name is LNaylor863 - new dis name is DVC4US.

LeiLani

tksbaskets
09-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Hi Gang!
Mary, I love the logo too. Looks great! Is everyone being good and saving their $$? Only about 15 months to go!

gail1771
09-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Hi there everyone. I hope everyone had a magicial week. The t-shirts are awesome. Everyone has had such great ideas. Mary I love the logo. Thank you GarRy for putting it all together. I am going to have to start putting money aside for the holiday cruise. I hope you all have a great weekend. Talk to you soon. Gail1771

uptown_girl44
09-26-2003, 07:59 PM
hey guys i just thought i would post to tell you guys that i can't wait till the cruise because i'm going. it will be my third cruise. i like the t-shirt idea but not lime green. can't we find a better color? how about white. it's nice and matches christmas colors and doesn't stick out. Any ways i can't wait till the cruise. are there any younger people (16ish)that are going and want to email before the cruise that would be cool. Talk to you all later!

:Pinkbounc Nessa:Pinkbounc

jilljill
09-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by tksbaskets
Hi Gang!
Mary, I love the logo too. Looks great! Is everyone being good and saving their $$? Only about 15 months to go!
I haven't started saving any spending money. I have too many other trips in between now and then to worry about spending money. Now if I hit the lottery between now and then, we are in business and I'm sure I will be paying Customs Duty upon return to port. (I wish :) ) It doesn't hurt to dream.

wdwgoose
09-27-2003, 06:30 AM
UPDATED CHRISTMAS CRUISE LIST 2004

ohiominnie
wdwgoose
christmas2004
wdwlvr & markrg
kabuli 1
paulcrsb
all_ears
two4ruff
3timecruiser
tinkfan
dancind
LG123
tnrobin
outahere
gail1771
jilljill
b&bdiscruisers
DVC4US
trishy
DJS113
tksbaskets
lorraine
kpros
goofydadeo
tchrmom
Marc & Allison
itsmagic99
donalds_best_pal
mdvasquez
roberts b19
debs hill
disnetjunkie
jhemond
jan lyn
pfoith
tkdlisa
mic & lyn
born 2 cruz
wvmd
videogal 1
sandman980
cmaasfamily
LaGaviota
justmestace

LETS GET CRUISING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DID I MISS ANYONE ???????????????

gaRry : ~ )))))))))) ; ~ }

VERY MERRIE CHRISTMAS TOO ALL DISNEY STYLE

Kabuli1
09-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Nessa, (uptowngirl44) You've already met Jill (PrincessAuroraInBlue) she would love to share her excitement - I'll pm you her AIM and email addys.

What's this about wanting tasteful, nice looking t-shirts??? You don't want to stand out in a crowd? You know, we could give some thought to the idea of a more reasonable color! Maybe w/lime green lettering for the names. Like, royal blue or navy? Don't want to be too Christmassy. Just an idea.

Mary, love the logo!

gaRry, we may have a change of room numbers here - I'll let you know so that you can update your files!

Gail, Happy New Year and to all those celebrating this weekend as well!

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-28-2003, 01:02 PM
The October issue of the Holiday Cruisers newsletter is up on the site. Those of you who have given my your info and e-mail address should have received an e-mail.

Enjoy and as always feedback is greatly appreciated.

BTW - my 2 cents on the shirts. I like lime green for them since that is the DIS color. When we did badges for the DVC Member cruise it was always easy to spot other DIS'ers by the lime green color. JHMO

two4ruff
09-28-2003, 03:41 PM
The newsletter is great!!

Looking forward to it each month helps the time go a little quicker - at least that is what I keep telling myself!!

Thanks for your time in designing it!

WDWLVR
09-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks Jill,

I've really been enjoying it as well. I'm just learning all this web stuff so it is a little frustrating at times, but a good learning experience. I'm looking at the newsletters a little like my scrapbooking which I love.

DVC4US
09-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Mary,

The newsletter looks great again. Thanks so much for all your hard work. BTW, I like the lime green color also. JMHO

LeiLani:)

gail1771
09-28-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi Mary. Hope all is well. I just e mailed you under my new e mail address. I hope you got it. I would really appreciate it if you could re e mail me the password and website. I must of thrown out the e mail with all that info. Thanks. Please e mail it to gail17@optonline.net I am so looking forward to reading and seeing it. I am sure it is awesome.

Are we definitely doing lime green on the t shirts?? Have we decided a color for the writting and back ground?? The only reason I am asking is beacuse we should all be on board for the colors for this t shirt, if we are all going to wear them. I am reading some different opinions for the colors involved. I understand that this sailing is during Christmas but it is a Holiday Cruise as Disney names it and all involved in this have different religions or issues with the color as I am reading. I do not want to make waves but we should consider everyone's suggestion before a final decision is made. In no way do I want to upset anyone about this. It is just a suggestion. Please do not take it personal. I am just looking out for everyone's opinions. Fondly-Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
Gail,

Yes I got your e-mail and have sent a reply. I remembered to update your e-mail in the newsletter itself but forgot to update the distribution list - sorry about that :(

I totally agree with you that we should all be on board with what the t-shirts look like. I think the reason gaRry picked lime green and some of us like that idea has nothing to do with Christmas itself, but the DIS . The DIS color is lime green which is why I think that's a great color for the shirts.

I'm sure gaRry is open to any and all suggestions as to color, logo's, design, etc. We've got plenty of time.

gail1771
09-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Mary, I just read the newsletter. It was great. I loved it as I know others will too. Have a great night. Fondly-Gail

WVMD
09-28-2003, 08:40 PM
We just got back from our first cruise! - What a GREAT TIME! - We decided to book a room for the 2004 Christmas cruise - so count us in!

There will be at least 3 of us - me, DW, DD 10 and possibly DD 19.

jilljill
09-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by WVMD
We just got back from our first cruise! - What a GREAT TIME! - We decided to book a room for the 2004 Christmas cruise - so count us in!

There will be at least 3 of us - me, DW, DD 10 and possibly DD 19.
Welcome aboard. I hope all the wait is more than worth the trip. I booked our cruise a couple of days after it was available and it seems like time is moving slowly towards the date.
Glad you enjoyed your first cruise. Once you get the 'bug' you are hooked for life.

gail1771
09-29-2003, 06:59 AM
Welcome WVMD. WE are all so looking forward to the upcoming holiday cruise. When you get a chance you should read the previous threads on this so you can see all the great stuff we are all planing. I am getting together a list of all the adults who want to join us for a brunch at Palo's one day when we are at sea. If you are intrested you can e mail me at gail17@optonline.net. Mary has a great website for the 2004 holiday cruise and newsletter everymonth. wdwgoose(GaRry) is putting together t shirts and got us a great rate at the Radission near the pear for the sailing the night before the crusie and a get together there. There is a e mail I think starting up for the older childern to talk on line. It is in the newsletter. You will read about it all on all the threads. If you have any questions just e mail me. I will be traveling with my DH, DD 7.5 years old-almost 8 actually and DS 3.5 years old

WDWLVR
09-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Welcome WVMD to this crazy group of Holiday Cruisers.

Gail is right there is a lot going on! If you click my link below it will take you to my web page with a link to the Holiday Cruise page. If you send me an e-mail (marygums@covad.net) with some information on yourself (names of who is cruising, birthdays, anniversary, cabin number, dinner seating, e-mail address, and anything else you'd like us to know) I'll sent you the password to get into the newsletters. It is great fun to have more and more people joining us.

Kabuli1
09-29-2003, 07:59 AM
Hi All!

WVMD - nice to have you aboard! Be sure to bring your DD (19) I'll have two college age kids with me and there are a few more also. I'd love to see all the families w/ older kids sitting at dinner in the same area so that they could sit w/ each other or w/ their families depending on the day etc. Did you book 12/18/04 onboard?

I have no problem with lime green, my suggestion was simply to have a color that I might want to wear at a time other than a DIS event. It was actually one of our teen cruisers that suggested this originally, my DD would like a wearable color as well. Some of us don't worry so much about standing out in a crowd. LOL! Seriously, tho, for this household this is not a big deal - whatever anyone decides is fine. (My son would be most happy if we could just decide to do the shirts in University of Kentucky blue and white! Of course most of his wardrobe is already in those colors!)

have a great week everybody!

Karyn

tkd lisa
09-29-2003, 08:01 AM
Couple of things. Mary, can you send the password to our home email? It's sanderslr@erols.com. I'd rather see it from here now that my computer is up again.

WVMD, is your daughter 10 now, or when we are cruising? My DD is 11 1/2, and likes to be with slightly younger girls, so they might mesh pretty well. She's looking for an email buddy!

Take care all! Lisa

WDWLVR
09-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Lisa - e-mail sent with the password!

Have a great day everyone - time to work!

ohiominnie
09-29-2003, 08:53 AM
tkd lisa,

hey there! I'll have a 10 1/2 yr old on the cruise! :) My dd, KT, just sailed with WVMD's dd this weekend and they had a blast! She's a very sweet girl. She's almost 9 now, so she'll be just over 10 on the cruise. :)

We've got one more cruise between now and the Christmas cruise to plan and focus on.....after that I'll be able to devote more time to this thread. :)

WVMD
09-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome to the Cruise.....

Here are a few answers to your questions:

I listed my daughter's ages that they will be at the time of the cruise. Yes - we indeed did book online. My wife will be celebrating her birthday on 12/24.

I'll try and bring the 19yr old - but she's in college - and lives with her mom - so gotta work on that.

I'd love to read the newsletter - you can use my email wvmd@hotmail.com for any communications.

Thanks again!

Virgil

Dancind
09-29-2003, 09:57 AM
See what happens when you don't check in for a while? The list doubles! Looks like we will have to do the brunch in shifts! Wow! Well, we all knew this would be a popular cruise.

Mary, very nice job on the newsletter. Looks like you're spending a lot of time on this. Thanks very much!

I've been looking at the cruises on the auction sites, I'm hankering to go on one sooner than 15 months from now. I know the other cruise lines won't be as wonderful as DCL, but it might keep us going until Dec. 2004. It still seems so far away.

T-shirts - anything is fine. I don't look too good in lime green, but my DD loves that color. If we go with white, how about using Mary's logo, but in lime green? Diana

tkd lisa
09-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Minnie and WVMD, my DD is 11 1/2 now, she'll be almost 13 on the trip. But like I said, she's very good with younger kids, so she'll probably be interested in chatting with them. I kept her in the 8-9 year old group the last two cruises. The first one, she had just turned 10, and the second one was 9 months later. She just wasn't ready for the big jump in maturity with girls that are really little teenagers.

I think that by the next cruise, since she'll be at the older end of the 10-12 year old group, she'll be fine there.

Off to read the newsletter. Thanks Mary!

wdwgoose
09-29-2003, 03:52 PM
t shirts
okay we can do the logos then pick out colors of shirts
my dd will not wear lime green so we just get another color for her. we can get lime green cruise shirts for all dis stuff and power outages and if anyone wants we can have other colors made. ??????
like blue or red maybee something other or nice girl color??????
once we get the logo as long as the shirt style is the same then its easy. we will be doing the dis color shirts and then something tone down alot!!!!!!!!!!!! hopfully the colors will match (for dis shirt printing) and the other colors. much easier that way ....... this lady we use her is very nice and helpful she works on the price alot and we do alot of buisness with her. so as long as i don't go in and tell her i need these in two weeks she fine. SO lets get the logo done. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
could you send me an e mail with attachment of your logo so i can get that to her?????? or I can send you her e mail ????

so front of t shirt no collar logo above it name & dis name
logo dis name above it real first name above that (for those that want it this way) names are opptional
now back dis holiday cruisers then ship with 2004 in it
under that ?????????????????????????????????????????
some way of how to list the islands ??????
she will do a computer picture firt so we can change things around if we want to.

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p :confused:

videogal1
09-29-2003, 08:03 PM
I just couldn't resist...With a May cruise as a warmup, by the time the Christmas cruise rolls around, Cash will know exactly where the poop deck is...

Count us in...Stateroom 7131. Lynda and Cash the Wonder Dog...
unless we come up with a roomie (cabin-ey?) to get around paying a single supplement...

YAY! Santa at sea! Time for another countdown...:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

wdwgoose
09-29-2003, 08:25 PM
WELL another newbie great welcome aboard
your name was added to the list. if you want to read all 41 pages then e mail the info or just hybernate for the winter then send out the email ???????????? texas thats like florida NEVER gets cold : ~ ))))))
okay have fun reading get up to speed join in be careful theres one out there looking for boonesfarm wine ???????????????? LOL

work day tommorrow so good night all

wdwgoose
09-29-2003, 08:54 PM
HI all

Mary GREAT job on the newsletter. I think you are hired!! too bad the pay is non-existant. LOL

There is soo much activity on this board it is difficult keeping up. Garry does let me know what is happening. I try to read up everything on the weekend. (gues I am confused today is Monday not the weekend) oh well, past my bedtime guess I had better get moving.

Take care and I hope everyone has a great week!!!

Vicki :wave: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

videogal1
09-30-2003, 12:42 AM
Ok, I signed up for brunch, read all previous posts.... (ok on Boone's Farm)...., would like to be added to the Radisson list for the 17th, although I'm thinking that might goof up the transfer (?), would like the password for the newsletter, please, (videogal1@aol.com). Have been stuck to the DIS like glue for a couple of months now and am beginning to feel like an oldie, not newbie...especially around the hips where the chair has been digging in.....
One of these days I'm gonna rise up and bring the chair right with me.....Maybe I'd better start training Cash in extrication...jaws of Lab?

Goodnight...;)

WDWLVR
09-30-2003, 06:49 AM
WVMD and Videogal1, Welcome to this crazy group of cruisers!

E-mails have been sent with a way to get into the newsletter. Hope you both enjoy it and I hope you will take the time to e-mail me your info so we can learn about you as well.

As for the shirts - I've been working on a few other logos which I hope to share in a day or two. What about anyone else - any ideas for a logo?

gaRry, do logos have to be one color or can they be multi-color? Sounds like it would be easy to have different color shirts but we would have to take into account the logo and wording when we do that. For example one of the logos I'm working on is lime green that could go on a darker shirt (like a dark blue).

Just a little history for those of you who are newer to the DIS. Lime green is kind of the unofficial color of the DIS. Don't know when it started, but for as long as I've been here (3 + years) it has been the color. People would wear lime green ribbons when they went to the parks to identify themselves to other DIS'ers. The same thing started happening on the cruises and then went farther. When we did the DVC Member cruise my DH (MarkRG) made up special buttons for everyone using lime green as a background. It worked out great to recognize everyone during the week. When gaRry and his family went on the Inagural Western they made t-shirts for everyone that were tie-dye with lime green in them. So green is for the DIS, not Christmas. Now I know lime green isn't everyones color - that's why I'm working on some other options. You are all welcome to give input as well.

tkd lisa
09-30-2003, 08:55 AM
I'm going to post twice here, one's the normal fluff, one's kind of serious.

Fluff one first! Mary, great job on the Oct newsletter! Neat to see my story in print! I'll email you some stuff from sea days. When would you like it?

Linda, hope this isn't a sensitive question, but I'm guessing Cash is a service dog? I'd love to get some info on this. Our DD is absolutely nuts about animals. We had a chocolate lab for about 7 years, and were considering being a host family for canine companions for independence. Turned out that our son (who we thought was severely asthmatic) was very allergic to the dog. We found him a really nice home, but our daughter still really misses him (the whole family does). DS's allergic is kind of weird in that he just gets really congested, but it's not like it comes on immediately. So he can be around dogs, just not live with one.

If you do have a service animal, what kind of guidelines are there for people petting him, etc.? I'd like to set these for DD before we get on the ship! You might find yourself a cabin mate out of my family otherwise!!:earseek:

mdvasquez
09-30-2003, 08:57 AM
WOW, I haven't been to this thread in a week and boy did I have alot of reading to do!!! Sometimes I cant keep up. I have been busy posting on my Halloween 2003 thread. I only have 24 more days till I sail!!:Pinkbounc And this Friday night we are going to MNNSHP!! I hope this rain clears out by then.:(

Welcome WVMD and Videogal1!

Mary: I know you already sent me the password once, unfortunately, my pregnancy has turned me into forgetful jones and I don't know where I put it, so can you PLEASE send it again mdvasquez92@hotmail.com Thank you!!:p

I love the idea of shirts. It doesn't matter to me what color, type, etc.

Well, thats all from Florida for now. Have a great day everyone.

Dena

tkd lisa
09-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Now the serious one. It's going to be long (as if I write any other way lol).

I was on chat a few weeks ago, and one of the cruisers who was on my first cruise was there, and I thought I had said something to annoy him. He posted something like "ever have someone, who no matter what they say, get's on your nerves?". I kind of wondered, but let it go. Over the next couple of weeks, I figured out that there's someone who was in chat that night that's been getting on a number of people's nerves here on the board, and that's who he was talking about. Reading through a number of the posts written by that person, I could understand the frustration.

I read one of them this morning, and it got on my nerves a little too. Then I opened the one posted by Chris Page (Nathan's mom). I haven't posted on any of those threads, but I read them all. The one she posted today literally made me cry. On the spot, I made a resolution to ignore those posts that annoy me, help those posters that I can, and truly try to live by the golden rule here on the DIS. I do a pretty good job of it in real life, but sometimes on the boards, it's easy to be a smart aleck!

If you haven't read Chris Page's post, please do so. But be sure to have Kleenex handy. She and her family are an inspiration.

Long post finished. Have a great day! Lisa

two4ruff
09-30-2003, 10:49 AM
I'm with you, Lisa.

The Page thread made me cry but also made me thankful for a lot of things we tend to take for granted. I'm trying to adapt your resolution into everyday life - not always successfully - but I'm trying!:D

Yikes, off to work to put it to the test....

Have a good one!

WDWLVR
09-30-2003, 12:18 PM
Lisa, Thank you for making us all realize that there are more important things to think about. We all have annoying habits some of which show up in an electronic community like this.

BTW - if I've annoyed anyone here - I'm sorry :)

It is best to just let them not annoy you. Either ignore (you can always put the poster on your ignore list if it is a real problem) or learn to laugh it off. That's what I try and do. If you think you can really help the problem or if it bothering you too much you can always discuss in a pm. Warning - I tried this once with someone who was annoying me. Sent the person a pm and told them what was annoying and that I was going to put them on my ignore list. They then came and posted it on the board calling it an attack. Totally did not understand the concept of PM's I guess.

Anyway the wonderful thing about our cruise is that we have a whole year to get to know each other in. We can learn about everyone's habits and find things we really like and admire in each person. Then when we sail away for those 10 wonderful days we will be sailing with friends.

WDWLVR
09-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Lisa,

Sorry, totally forgot to address your question to me. Anything you would like to share about sea days for the newsletter I'd like to have by October 18th. That gives me a couple of weeks to play with it and get the whole thing together. Thank you so much for sharing.

If anyone else has something they'd like to see in the newsletter please send it to me. I really want it to be something for all of us to enjoy, learn from, and as a way to get to know each other.

Thanks!

WDWLVR
09-30-2003, 08:46 PM
10-Night Caribbean Cruise
Sailing to Key West, San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay on 12/18/04

Day Itinerary
Sat
Travel to Port Canaveral to depart at 5 p.m.

Sun
Arrive in Key West at 12:30 p.m., depart at 7:30 p.m.

Mon
Enjoy relaxation and fun at sea

Tue

Wed
Arrive in St. Maarten at 7:30 a.m., depart at 4:30 p.m.

Thu
Arrive in St. Lucia at 9:30 a.m., depart at 6:15 p.m.

Fri
Arrive at Antigua at 7:30 a.m., debark the ship at 4:30 p.m.

Sat
Arrive at St. Thomas at 7:30 a.m., debark the ship at 4:30 p.m.

Sun

Mon
Arrive at Castaway Cay at 9:30 a.m., depart at 4:30 p.m.

Tue
Arrive at Port Canaveral at 6 a.m., debark the ship at 7:35 a.m.

jilljill
09-30-2003, 09:17 PM
I'm cancelling my cruise.......didn't realize that KW was only a 7 hour stop :eek: I really won't, but I will miss being there longer than that. :)

wdwgoose
10-01-2003, 07:03 AM
great day here nice cool morning about 36
now I do have a different type of humer but then quiet too. if I start to annoy anyone let me know i don't mean too. but dw says people sometimes don't know how to take me. which is okay as long as i do not hurt anyones feelings or worse. so if i did sorry. I donot type well or spell as anyone who reads this thread knows.
now onto the shirts do the island get list in 2 colums downward ?????? under the ship ???????? if so I will have the lady start work on them????????????????

Kabuli1
10-01-2003, 07:10 AM
jilljill, you had me worried there for a minute!

OK, question for everybody! It's 34 degrees and a grey miserable morning in Chicagoland and my thoughts are turning to warmer things albeit more than a year away! So here's my discussion question: What spa treatment do you like best? What do you daydream about on a lousy day like today???

Me, I loved the seaweed wrap - whatever that thing is called! It was wonderful - I waited till the last day and really wish I had done it the first day so that I could have done it again. Randy loves the Rainforest. We would not do the Surial Bath again! How about you?

Dena, glad you dropped in! We know you'll be back with us after your cruise! Have a wonderful time!

videogal1, welcome (if I havn't said so already!) I loved your post about being stuck to your chair - I think I already had that happen - Had to join WISH to lose enough to get out of it! Please tell us more about Cash. Have you cruised DCL before?

Lisa, thanks for satisfying my curiosity about your power outage! And also, thank you for your serious post about the things that really matter.

And Vicki, don't be a stranger! I love it when you stick your head in and wave at all of us.

gaRry, keeper of the list, could you change our cabin assignments to 6504 (C&J), 6506 (K&R)? So, do we really need t-shirts? We're going to be so bonded by then we all ought to get matching tattoos!!!! (Please don't take this suggestion seriously.)

Thinking warm thoughts!

Karyn

videogal1
10-01-2003, 08:34 AM
Hi all
I've submitted a little writeup about Cash to Mary and I think she's going to use some of it in the next 10-day cruise newsletter.
He's been my Service Dog partner since 2001 and last year helped me train for the Kona half Marathon walk sponsored by the American Stroke Association. This was a pretty ambitious goal and we actually got up to the 6-mile level but, not long after achieving that mark, found that we were not going to be allowed to enter Hawaii because of the way they defined Service Dogs, which disqualified Cash...too bad. When I re-injured my knee in training I recognized that it was probably all for the best. Unfortunately the pounds that melted away during training have slowly come creeping back and the chair is getting snugger and snugger...is that a word?
That was Cash's closest brush with long-distance travel. He'll be going with me on a 2-week visit to WDW and the Disney Marathon in January and then a 2-week land/sea/land Wonder cruise to the Bahamas in May (I couldn't resist messing with a good thing) so, by the cruise in December he'll be a seasoned traveler.
I did a couple of Premier cruises in '89 and '90, but have had my nose to the grindstone (except for a month in Europe in '96) ever since.
I'm off to work...Check the next newsletter for more info. about Cash. Thanks for the warm welcome...
Lynda and Cash:wave: :wave:

jilljill
10-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Karyn, Didn't mean to worry you. I will miss KW when we leave there.

Here on the mid east coast it is about 50 and grey - come on 12/18/04 we need sun, surf (very little surf) and warm weather.

We have never done anything at the spa, but this may be a good time to start. We would get busy with other things and never took the time to go.

About the tattoos, anyone know of a place to get temporary tattoos made up. I'm sure the kids will love them, as well as some of the 'big kids'.

tkd lisa
10-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Okay, just to be clear, the annoying poster is NOT on this thread. I think it's great that we all have our unique ways of doing things. GarRy, if you could spell, then I'd never know if it was you or Vicki LOL!!

Lynda, thanks for the info on Cash. Looking forward to reading more in the newsletter. I really admire marathon runners. Can't make myself "run through the pain!!" Give me boards to break anyday!

It's been lows of around 50 here, with highs in the high 60s. Lots warmer than many of you, but it still seems cold to me. We can usually wear shorts well into October, but maybe not this year!

I've been home with a sick little girl the last few days. Stomach bugs are the worst! We're off to a prompt care soon to get some blood work run. The dr. thinks the results will be quicker there.

BTW, I also thought the Key West stop looked shorter than the normal western. Doesn't it usually leave in late evening, like 11?

Hope things are well for all. Stay warm. Lisa

WDWLVR
10-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Lisa, When we went in May it was all aboard at 9:45 and ship department at 10:15 pm for Key West. So yes it is a shorter time than normal.

two4ruff
10-01-2003, 07:09 PM
But at that time of year, we should still get to enjoy a Key West sunset....:D

WDWLVR
10-01-2003, 08:45 PM
My favorite spa treatment is the Alpha Capsule. I've done it twice and love it. Hard to explain to those who haven't tried it. It looks like a big egg and you lay down inside with only your head sticking out. They put eye shades on you so you can't see and then headphones with some relaxing new age music. Then they turn it one. Warm air comes down on your and the bed starts vibrating. You can control where you want it and how strong a vibration. Both times I fell asleep. They say 20 minutes in there is like a 3 hour sleep.

Mark and I wanted to do the Rainforest room on the last cruise but just never made it. Maybe we'll find time on the 10 day.

tkd lisa
10-02-2003, 06:45 AM
We've never done a spa treatment. I'm trying to decide if we'd like to this time or not. I'm kind of thinking of this as a xmas gift for the in-laws as well. MIL has never been pampered in her life, and I'd like to see what people think she would like.

I think she's be embarrased by anything where you take your clothes off, so massages might not work. The rainforest room is something I've thought about for her. What else do people like that's pampering, relaxing, and minimally clothed :blush:

Kabuli1
10-02-2003, 07:19 AM
Lisa, I know what you mean, my mom's the same way. This summer she had a manicure for the first time in her life (at age 80) and really enjoyed it. I think pedicures are very very pampering, oh, and facials are really nice! You just got to remember that they always try to sell you products when you have any treatment in the spa - so just go prepared to say "NO!"

Well, gang, I'm off to Seattle (actually Puyallup) for a wedding this weekend. I have no idea if I'll be able to check in - you know I will if I can! So have a great weekend! I wonder how many pages I'll be reading to catch up when I get home on Monday?

Cheers!

Karyn

mdvasquez
10-02-2003, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone! Not to rub anything in, but we have had temps in the mid 80's the past two days.:p Of course that was after 6 days of RAIN!:( We will be heading off to Disney tomorrow for an overnight stay at the BW. I am taking the kids to MNNSHP even though they are older now, we have been going to this event for 7 years in a row and just love it.

As far as spa treaments onboard, I dream about the aromatherapy massages. My DH and I have done the suriel bath several times and enjoy it. My skin feels as soft as a baby when I am done with that. I am planning on doing the spa taster when we cruise in 3 weeks, and maybe get a foot and ankle massage too.:p

Have a great day everyone.
Dena

Born 2 Cruz
10-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Just wondering how long it usually takes to get tagged.

Just didn't want to die from curiosity..

WDWLVR
10-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Some people have been on the boards for years and never got tagged. Others got tags fairly quickly. Don't worry, stay around and play and the tag fairy will get you sooner or later.

jilljill
10-02-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Born 2 Cruz
Just wondering how long it usually takes to get tagged.

Just didn't want to die from curiosity..
Just keep wishing on lots of pixie dust that you get a tag before the 10 day cruise. They come when you least expect them. I happened to mention one time about my 'Disney man collection' and that's how I got my tag. My DH and DD say I collect Disney men and they are so right.
Keep wishing and hoping and it will appear out of nowhere.

p.s. I have also heard that clapping and bribery will get you everywhere with the TF's. :)

gail1771
10-03-2003, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a great week. All is quiet here. The weather in NY finally took a change to fall. Our normal temp's should be 70 during the day and they have been around 58-63. A little chilly. We started major construction on our home. We are extening the back of our house out 16 feet by 34 feet wide with an addition to our basement. My husband has an office in our home and he is now going to have his own seperate area and entrance. We are expanding our kitchen and making a small sitting room off of it behind our dining room/den. My husband is doing all the work but the mason piece so it should take a while as he will be doing the work in the evenings and weekends. It will be a long few months. The good thing is that he does not have to break throgh to our existing kitchen until the room is built.

I would appreciate it if anyone could fill me in on what is being taged all about??? Thanks. Fondly-Gail1771:cutie:

two4ruff
10-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Tags are the little tag-lines that appear under your user-name on your posts.

The "tag fairies" strike when you least expect it and always seem to know a little about you!

Maybe if we all think positive thoughts, they will strike our thread!:goodvibes

tkd lisa
10-03-2003, 11:54 AM
I've never been tagged, and I've been on the boards for about 1 1/2 years. I think it's a little more common on the community board, but it does happen here too.

I was thrilled when I became a "veteran"!! instead of a welcomed guest.

WDWLVR
10-03-2003, 12:03 PM
My first two tags I got right after they started doing it. Someone had posted a note on the community board asking for a tag and I joined in and got mine. The third about the DVC Member Cruise was a complete surprise which is how most tags happen now. I do think they are a little more common on the community board and I have also heard the resort board. I have seen other people asking on this board for tags for others (like Shirley, Barb and Tony) and they have been granted so you never know.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Hope you are all enjoying nicer weather than we are having. It is cold and rainy here in Chicagoland. Dreaming of warm days and sailing away into the sunset. :sunny:

WDWLVR
10-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Anyone coming to cruise chat tonight? I'm headed there now.

:chat:

WDWLVR
10-04-2003, 04:59 AM
We had a great chat last night. Lisa came and of course Robin is there as host every week. Lots of 10/11 cruisers who are very excited as their day gets closer. I hope more and more of you will join us on Friday nights as our cruise gets closer. In fact the 10/11 group had so many members that they eventually went off to their own room. :D

Here's hoping more of you come to chat next Friday - it's fun and a really great way to meet others cruisers. :chat:

jilljill
10-05-2003, 08:09 AM
You can tell Karyn is away for the weekend, we were ˝ way down page 3 :eek:
Hope everyone is having a good weekend :wave:

disneyjunkie
10-05-2003, 10:12 AM
We had a great chat last night. Lisa came and of course Robin is there as host every week. Lots of 10/11 cruisers who are very excited as their day gets closer. I hope more and more of you will join us on Friday nights as our cruise gets closer. In fact the 10/11 group had so many members that they eventually went off to their own room. :D

Here's hoping more of you come to chat next Friday - it's fun and a really great way to meet others cruisers. :chat:

I have never been able to get the chat to work. I just end up with a blank page. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.:confused:

WDWLVR
10-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by disneyjunkie
I have never been able to get the chat to work. I just end up with a blank page. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.:confused:

My DH - MarkRG did a write up to help people get in chat. Here's the link to that thread. Go to page 3 and look for MarkRG.

Friday Night is Cruise Chat!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259541&perpage=15&pagenumber=3)

Hopefully this will help you and others who want to chat.
:chat:

WDWLVR
10-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Woo Hoo - we sail in only 440 Days!

:boat:

sandman980
10-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Just booked one of the last 7 cat 4's. This will be our 3rd cruise. My daughter will be 9 and my son 8 by the time we sail. Looking forward to a great time. P.S. I asked for the heck of it what the cat 3's went for? They were unable to even give a hint. Does anyone else have the cat 3 cost for this cruise? Thanks
Rich

WDWLVR
10-06-2003, 06:27 AM
Rich - a great big welcome to the DIS and to the 2004 Holiday Cruise thread. As you can see this is a great big active group!

We've already got a number of things planned like a group brunch at Palo, t-shirts, and to get us ready an ongoing newsletter. There are a lot of people traveling with children the same age as yours and a lot of people like to have the kids start e-mailing back and forth so the kids have pen-pals that can then become friends once they board.

If you would to see the web page just click my link below and that will take you to my home page. Then one of the options is for the holiday cruise.

If you would drop me an e-mail at marygums@covad.net with the following I'll get you into the newsletter database and will send you the password for the newsletter. What I'm looking for is:
Names of everyone traveling with you, birthdays, ages of the kids if you want, stateroom number, early or late seating, anniversary date, anything else special (is this your first cruise, 10th, whatever; are you DVC?, what are your favorite ports, etc.). We're looking at this as a way for everyone to get to know each other so when we board we'll have all these friends to celebrate with!

Looking forward to hearing from you and once again welcome aboard. :boat:

tkd lisa
10-06-2003, 06:33 AM
Welcome Rich! I second Mary in saying we're a pretty great bunch of people. In large part to Mark and Mary's great work on keeping us excited and getting us to know each other with their monthly newsletter.

OBTW, my family and I went to a great football game this weekend and watched Navy beat Air Force in a super game! Go Navy!!

jilljill
10-06-2003, 08:30 AM
Welcome aboard Rich. We have a DD that will be 10˝ when we sail. We aren't going to tell her about the cruise for a long time. She doesn't know about the next 2 trips we have planned in Dec. and Feb.

ohiominnie
10-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Welcome, Rich!

We'll have a dd who will be 10 1/2 and a ds who will be a couple of weeks shy of 8. :)

Glad you decided to join us!

jilljill
10-06-2003, 11:58 AM
How much is the Radisson for the night of the 17th for next year's cruise? I know it has been discussed somewhere on these pages.....and there are A LOT of pages to look thru. I was sitting here thinking if they charge $10. per day to park at the port it will probably be cheaper to stay there than anywhere else. Unless I could get our timeshare for the night at Daytona like we did last year. Even then, it will probably be easier to stay at the Radisson.....wherever it may be in relation to the port.
Thanks,

WDWLVR
10-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Posted this once and then got kicked off so if it shows up twice I'm sorry.

Ok cruisers I've been kicking around an idea and in a pm someone asked a question so I think its time to do it.

How about a DIS Cruisers directory? What I'm thinking of doing is setting up a directory in the same secure area as the newsletters that will have small profiles on everyone (names, room numbers, early/late dining, birthdays, etc.) I'll even include a photo for those who want to send me one. I think it is another great way for everyone to get to know each other.

What do you think?

mdvasquez
10-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Rich: Welcome aboard!:wave2:

Mary: I think the cruisers directory is a great idea!!:earseek:

We spent the weekend at WDW and did MNNSHP on Friday night. What a great time we had.:teeth: The temperature was perfect!! Then we just spent the rest of the time relaxing at the pool at the BW, which was fine with me, because my feet were killing me after walking around MK for 6 hours. I bought the limited edition pin for the MNNSHP.:p Of course they have 10 different pins for the 10 nights they are having it. Oh well, at least I got one!

Well, thats all the news from FL. Have a great day everyone.

Dena::MinnieMo

gail1771
10-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. We went out east on Long Islland to the Hamptons for 2 days. Very nice and relaxing. A little cold but nice.

Welcome all new families joining us for the 10 day Holiday cruise. If you are intrested in joining us at Palo's for brunch on a day we are at sea you can e mail me you first, last name and cabin number. My e mail address is gail17@optonline.net. We have a DD who will be shy of 8 by 3 months and a DS who will be 3.5 years old when we cruise.

Mary, I think your idea is great for a Discruisers directory. You have the best ideas.

Talk to you all soon. Gail1771

Kabuli1
10-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi everybody! I'm baaack! We had a great time in the Seattle area this weekend. Unexpectedly a great job opportunity came up, so I guess between now and when we sail, we will be moving out there! OH MY! But maybe this means we can take our oldest DS and his fiance as well! Will I ever get used to saying I'm from Washinton, and I don't mean DC??? Anyway, I'm still pretty disoriented right now! I thought we were going to move near WDW - this is the opposite direction!

Welcome to new cruisers!

Karyn

two4ruff
10-06-2003, 07:41 PM
Karyn-
We need a few more Dis-ers over here on the west side! (Although we are on the opposite side of the state as Seattle...)
We head that direction several times each winter for my son's hockey tournaments.

Trust me, you'll learn real quick to say "Washington-state" as most of the country assumes DC.

But, you are right, we are about as far away from WDW as you can get, it seems!::yes::

Kabuli1
10-06-2003, 07:59 PM
two4ruff,

We'll be in Puyallup - what's half way in between? I went to college in Seattle and my folks are both native Washintonians - but I've been in the Chicago area since 1977! I think I'm gong to be pretty freaked out for awhile! Bear with me!

Karyn

ohiominnie
10-06-2003, 08:27 PM
is anyone else surprised that there aren't two castaway cay days on the schedule? that'd have been fun!

Christmas2004
10-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ohiominnie

is anyone else surprised that there aren't two castaway cay days on the schedule? that'd have been fun! The thought never occurred to me. But now that you mention it, I'd prefer to go to Castaway Cay than Key West.

WDWLVR
10-07-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by ohiominnie
is anyone else surprised that there aren't two castaway cay days on the schedule? that'd have been fun!

Actually I'm not surprised at all based on how far south we are going. We've done Castaway Cay twice in one trip before (DVC Member Cruise) and while it was fun I'd rather have the different ports.

I think it would be great if Disney could work out a 4 day that would do Castaway Cay twice with a sea day in between - that would be fun!

PS - OM I like the new title of the thread.::yes::

WDWLVR
10-07-2003, 07:44 AM
For those who would like to have their photo's included in the DISrectory of Dec. 2004 Cruisers (and I hope that is all of you) please send them to me via e-mail at marygums@covad.net.

I do ask that you save them as .jpg, don't make them too large, and please save the file name as your DIS name. All of this will make it easier for me to keep them straight and get the right families photo's with their profile. :D Also please give me an idea of who is who in the photo.

For those of you who have my Prodigy e-mail address please get rid of it. We discontinued that service yesterday. Going forward please use the covad address. Thanks!

tkd lisa
10-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Bumping us up and saying "Happy Hump Day" to one and all!

wdwgoose
10-08-2003, 06:47 AM
57 DEGREES OUTSIDE
WOW yesterday it was 35 !!!!!!!! great lets start packing ????
new name just remember I get lost very easy!!!!!!!!
still have lots too get done before the snow starts

gaRry

Christmas2004
10-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by wdwgoose

57 DEGREES OUTSIDE... yesterday it was 35 ! I know what you mean! Last week I had to light the pilot so we could turn on the heat. Today the heat's turned off and the windows are open!

2belles'mom
10-09-2003, 12:18 AM
HEY KABULI 1--

I am close to you!
Wow, the only drawback to being here is the FOREVER flight to Florida!!! Welcome to WA!

wdwgoose
10-09-2003, 07:30 AM
we are really slowing down on this board.... I guess everyone is like me and trying to get all done before it snows. we are still trying to plan a get away next month to wdw need the rest !!!
anyone around lexington ?????????? will be there nov. 6 - 8

leggs , happylady , md plans are a visit IF we get down. I would like to go down the west gulf side across the bottom
visit key west then back up the east side. nice trip I hope?????

so if you live along the route ??????????????????
hope to visit you just a short hello before the BIG ONE

another day at work . they had a house fire last night alot of old things lost very nice house all redone.

well enjoy the day
jilljill are you set at the raddison ???????????????
you can park beside us ??????

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :tongue: :teeth:

Kabuli1
10-09-2003, 07:55 AM
gaRry! My DS, Collin, is in Lexington, at UKy - you'll have to look him up. Of course, he's a college student - so he'll need feeding! He can take you out for a KY specialty - a "hot brown" at Ramseys! Email me and I'll give you his #. He works at Famous Dave's if you have his hours you could eat there and have him wait on you! Of course if there's a football game you'll have to schedule your visit around that - he's in the drum line. Anyway, then Vicki will have met all of us (that are traveling)! I hope we can get out to Michigan to meet you before we leave for Washington State.

And to all you in the Chicago area how 'bout another meet before we're too far away to get together?

The weather has been beautiful and I'm frantically digging my garden - I have over 400 varieties of Daylilies going begging here - anyone want some? Every imaginable color and size! Free for the cost of shipping! Email me. Oh, sorry, no lime green ones! I'm serious about this offer.

I have an army of college students from Wheaton College coming over on Saturday to help blitz the house into something remotely showable. There'll be a container and a dumpster and a skid of sod on my driveway on Saturday.

Well, I'm ready to start another day of reinventing my life!

Karyn

Dancind
10-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Karyn, hope you're all settled in your new home by the time you cruise! I was lying in bed last night, fantasizing about this cruise. Wondering what new menus they'll come up with for the extra three days, what new shows or special events, special pins(!), excursions at the new ports. Wondering if we can get an extra reservation at Palo! Maybe we should make suggestions, somebody from DCL probably reads the boards, right? I think I need to get a life. Either that or plan another trip for the interim. Diana

WDWLVR
10-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Diana we've got 2 trips to WDW planned between now and when we cruise but I'm still dreaming about all that will make this cruise special. I'm sure they will have special holiday events and most likely a Christmas Eve dinner. I'm sure they will have special pins as well and can't wait to get them.

The new ports look exciting as well. By all means post suggestions. Disney does read this board so you just never know.

What I would love to see is if they could recreate the Candlelight processional one night. Maybe not with a full choir, but to make the tree out of castmembers like they do at Disneyland and Epcot. That would be really special.

paulcrsb
10-09-2003, 03:36 PM
We are still around. we've been busy getting ready for our WDW trip and 10/18/03 cruise.

No cold weather here but we are starting to get into our rainy season.

Sounds like we might have a few cruisers living here in the Great Northwest. Maybe we'll have to have a DIS get together up here sometime!

Paul

2belles'mom
10-09-2003, 11:16 PM
A DIS get together in the Great Northwest sounds perfect. Good idea Paulcrsb!

Kabuli1
10-10-2003, 09:54 AM
Northwest DISers - just wait till I get there, ok?

That's it, my comment for the day, gotta get back to work. Just think, this time next year we'll be n the double digits and most of us will have paid in full and I will be moved and all this will just be a memory! YEAH!!!

Karyn

WDWLVR
10-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Anyone going into cruise chat tonight? the 10/11 cruisers are on their way to Florida so we shouldn't be overrun with them like last week (but who can blame them about getting excited with their cruise so close).

For those of you who have never done chat here is a link to the cruise chat thread. The last message is a short write up my DH Mark did that should help.

Learn about cruise chat on Friday nights! (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259541&perpage=15&pagenumber=3)

Donalds_best_pal
10-10-2003, 11:08 PM
Just wanted to check in and say hi! My mom almost cancled our cruise to see about going to hawaii instead so i was upset. But we decided we wanted to do the 10 Night DCL Cruise! YES we didnt have to cancel. I am watching the special on DCL right now. JUst wanted to say hi for now.
TTYL
Matt

wdwgoose
10-11-2003, 08:40 AM
WOW
long day yesterday.!!!! did 400 bales of hay. chat night lots were NOT there ?????????????????
got dw on the next thing I know shes going to sleep :~((((
maybee we need too liven it up ??????????? well another dAY at work we have open house today so anyone by monroe,MI
stop by the fire station have some cider donuts and visit
I'm the the one that looks like a dog (fire puppy) I have more fun when know one knows its me :~)})})}

okay breakfast time enjoy the day be back tonight.

sounds like dinner with collins

do you think I should wear my t shirt ?????????? just to make sure he knows its me ???????? and my hat ???????
just no shorts
hay maybee everyone under 17 and over 35 should dye there hair lime green ??????????? we could find each other easier that way????????????????? why did no one think of that???????
I need moooo coffee seeeeee yaaa

gaRry
:jester: :jester: :smooth: :smooth: :rolleyes: :tongue:

WDWLVR
10-11-2003, 08:31 PM
Hey guys - found us on the bottom of page 2!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We went up to Milwaukee for the day and Mark got to drive his car on the Milwaukee Mile.

Anyone going to send me their pic for the DISrectory?

ohiominnie
10-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Would love to send a pic, but don't know how! Will have to get on ohiomickey to do that! :)

jilljill
10-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone :wave2:

gaRry, I didn't do anything about the Radisson yet. The day got by me on Thurs. and I had to work in the afternoon. Thanks for the info, I will do it soon.

Karyn, hope the college kids did a world of good for you.

I finally finished making my plans for my quick trip to WDW in Dec., while I am off work from wrist surgery. I am so looking forward to this trip with DD only.

It decided to get warm here again. This weather is driving me and my allergies crazy :crazy:

Have a nice rest of the weekend everyone.

Donalds_best_pal
10-12-2003, 01:05 AM
Whats the password again to read newsletter? I accidently deleted. I dont think I am going to be able to wait another year for this amazing cruise. I still can't believe I will be on my favorite ship the Disney Magic for 10 NIGHTS!!!! I got a few vacations in between to hold me over but nothing is as good as being on the Magic. To bad nobody is really from out in California. I guess my family is all alone out here! LOL Well talk to you guys later
Matt:earsboy:

chip1
10-12-2003, 10:38 AM
How do I get information on this 10-day cruise leaving 12/18/04? I've done a search but can't seem to find much. THANKS

gail1771
10-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Hello to all. For some strange reason I have not been getting my e mail for the past week in regards to this thread??? I went on and saw there were two and a half pages I had to catch up on. I hope resigning in with my ID name and password will have the e mails update me again when someone posts on this thread. Does anyone know if there is anything ealse I should do besides this to get my e mails again???

The weather in NY has been warm to chilly. Today it is chilly and raining. We wanted to take the children to a fall festival but that is not going to happen today hopefully next week. We want to go out to the north fork on Long Island and go Pumpkin picking.

Karyn, Congradulations on your move. I was in Seattle about 9 years ago. I loved it and Victoria was so beautiful. I wnet to the Tulip Festival in April. It was amazing. I was there for a conference and stayed on for a few extra days. I hope someday to go back. When you get a chance e mail me as we have not spoken in a while and would love to year your plans.

Hi Mary. I wanted to send you a picture for the newsletter but I have to figure out how to do that. If you know how to do this, could you do me a favor and e mail me instructions?? I would really appreciate it and would love to hear from you. Thanks.

We have two vacations planed and a trip to Florida to see the in laws before this cruise but we all can't wait to go Disney. My son who is now 2 years and 4 months talks about Mickey and Goofey all the time. He is going to love this trip. My daughter I hope will still be into Disney when we go. She will be 7 and three quarters when we go. Once she makes friends she will be a happy camper. I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. Time is going fast since I joined the dish in June. I wish the crusie was this year.I hope you all have a great week. Fondly Gail1771

gail1771
10-12-2003, 10:51 AM
I wanted to let you all know that I just got an e mail for this post. I must of had to resign in. Talk to you all later. Gail

WDWLVR
10-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by chip1
How do I get information on this 10-day cruise leaving 12/18/04? I've done a search but can't seem to find much. THANKS

Pam,

I would start at one of two sites:

First the official Disney cruise site. They now have this listed. Here is the link:
Click here to check rates for 10 day cruise (http://dcl.reservations.disney.go.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/TravelCL.woa/wa/default)

The other great site is Dreams Unlimited travel. They sponsor this forum and they will be happy to give you a quote on this cruise. Their link:
Dreams Unlimited (http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com)

Hope this helps!

WDWLVR
10-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Gail if you have the picture saved as a .jpg, .bmp, or .tif all you have to do is attach it to an e-mail just like a Word or Excel file.

If you, or anyone, doesn't have a digitally saved picture but still wants to participate e-mail me and I'll give you my address. Then just send me the photo and we'll scan it in.

WDWLVR
10-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Given this a much needed bump up!

gaRry - would we be able to do 2-color logos. I'm working on a few ideas by they all seem to involve more than one color. Maybe this time we can have a 1 color shirt and 2 color logos instead of a 2 color shirt and one color logo :D

Will post new ideas as soon as i have them saved as something i can post.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Have you been reading the thread that's live for the 10/11 cruisers - the changes sound nice. I can't wait to check out cove cafe and I'm not a coffee drinker!

wdwgoose
10-13-2003, 05:32 PM
locos sure we can do colors embroiderd on silk screen
as many colors as you want to pay for
really it can can be more colors than one. is it for front or back????????
all the embroiderd parts are computer done just pick the colors and every one is done the same. the back is where the more colors the more money but we still are not talking alot.
when all is set she will do a computer thing and show it
can change the colors more than one this is where it is very easy to change colors. her name is gail I will get her e mail tommorrow and send it to you.
also will have her look for lime green t shirts in one color
also what other colors will go with the logos for shirts other than lime green. she is getting in to a slow season now so this should be pretty good.
okay ????????

still trying to find my disk of the shirts and logos. we can have her do these a few different ways then post all of them and see what we come up with????????

gaRry
:jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave2:

Born 2 Cruz
10-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Gary ,

Is there any way of emailing the front and back of the shirts so we can take a look at your sweat and handy work that you have put into these things

thanks dave

Kabuli1
10-15-2003, 02:02 PM
:moped: Just bumping us up from page 3! What's up with that?

Karyn

wdwgoose
10-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Spoke with Gail at Embroidered Images - Not the same as our gail1771 she has three different lime green shades available for our shirts. Jerzee brand shirts: lime green, kiwi, & safety green. She is going to start mocking up some of the computer pictures which she will put on disk for me to attempt to mail out to all of you. She is working with the ideas that we have given her so far - any others can also be taken to her if anyone has any. If anyone has another shirt color preference if it is available in the Jerzee brand she can get it. (dd wants white) Art work colors would be the same, but if anyone wants to get more than one in a variety of colors she will do that. As Gail has pictures available for us we will post them for your thoughts, suggestions and other comments. :tongue:

Did anyone get a good look at the new and "Improved" Magic? I just can't wait.

GarRy :jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave2:

Born 2 Cruz
10-15-2003, 07:48 PM
Gary just in case nobody told ya lately thanks for all your work on the shirts

Any luck with the back or is it still open I asked about the concert idea a few weeks ago??

If i can be of any help just pm me....

Dave

wdwgoose
10-16-2003, 06:49 AM
nice morning here. rain going south of us. may stay dry???

t shirts we are working on a few different backs to see which will be better. a listing of the islands and another is to see if the map will work as mary had post it. well maybee not the ship that way. I think we are set on the front????? use marys holiday ribbon with dates then above that dis name &/or real name????
option 1 back DIS HOLIDAY CRUISERS then under that the whole ship maybee 2004 in it.????? under that a list of island or the map??????
the shop will have computer made color samples for all to see.
I,m hoping to have this all set soo I can wear mine this christmas
but if not I can still wear my old one (it still fits)
okay more coffee needed be back on tonight.
have a great day all

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave2:

Kabuli1
10-16-2003, 07:47 AM
gaRry, I love some for Christmas, too! I'd love to give them as Christmas presents this year. Oh, I forgot, Jill reads this - oh, well, she usually finds out what she's getting.

Karyn

WDWLVR
10-16-2003, 07:52 AM
I have another image that we could use for the front as well. Still working on getting it saved right so I could upload it or sent it to t-shirt Gail (as opposed to cruiser Gail :) )

Hope to get it finished and out this weekend. Things have been busy on this end.

Debs Hill
10-17-2003, 03:35 AM
Greetings all from England! I haven't been on the board for a couple of weeks as I've just started a new job and have been so busy...and we're off to WDW on 1st Nov so lots of planning to do! My 3yr old son Jake has been packing for a month!! Does anyone know what the weather is like in Orlando at the moment? Here is is chilly and frosty so I could do with some warm sunshine!!

Gail, I've e-mailed you! Sorry for the delay!
Best Wishes
Debsx

tkd lisa
10-17-2003, 06:12 AM
I'm off this afternoon for a weekend campout with the Cub Scouts. It's supposed to be lows in the 40s, with highs in the 60s. BRRRRR!

We've been pretty busy here too. DD's first school dance is next Friday. She's talking about "going" with a boy at the after school care. I told her that I'm not ready for that!!! I suggested she just promise to dance with him, but that she goes to the dance by herself. I also offered to chaperone, and she told me "No offense Mom, but I don't want you there!" Oh, my broken heart!

Have a great weekend all! Lisa

gail1771
10-17-2003, 09:45 AM
Hello Everyone. I hope everyone had a great week.
It is a little chilly here on Long Island, NY. I am also off for an outing today with my daugher's Brownie Troop. I just became a troop leader. Next weekend is their sleepover. My daughter is so excitied.

We are so psyched that the Yankee's won. What a game last night. MY husband's family lives in Ft. Lauderdale and Boynton Beach Florida. It will be an awesome world series. My husband's cousin has world series tickets to see the game in florida. We are hoping to fly down and see one game. We are waitting to hear if we got tickets. I hope some magic pixie dust is thrown over us.
It is a busy week next week for us as my DH and myself have a conference to go next weekend for his business. We also started the construction on our home and they are pouring the concrete for the walls of our basement extension today. We are extending our existing basement 16 wide by 35 long and above that we are extending our kitchen and making a small study room. I did not realize how big this extension was until they put up the walls to hold the concrete. I am so glad that this is all outside work first before my husband breaks into our kitchen. My husband is a general contractor. We have a colonial so our kitchen is in the back of the house. Anyway enough of that talk. I am looking forward to seeing the t shirt print. We would definitely be intrested in white t shirts also. Talk to you all soon-Gail1771

gail1771
10-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Debs Hill
Greetings all from England! I haven't been on the board for a couple of weeks as I've just started a new job and have been so busy...and we're off to WDW on 1st Nov so lots of planning to do! My 3yr old son Jake has been packing for a month!! Does anyone know what the weather is like in Orlando at the moment? Here is is chilly and frosty so I could do with some warm sunshine!!

Gail, I've e-mailed you! Sorry for the delay!
Best Wishes
Debsx

HI DEB,

I never received your e mail. My new e mail address is gail17@optonline.net I also checked my husband's e mail address which I use to use and there was not an e mail from you there either, bo hoo. Try e mailing it again to my new e mail address. I would love to catch up. Talk to you soon-Fondly, Gail1771

cmaasfamily
10-17-2003, 03:47 PM
We're confirmed, But, shhh, it's a surprise! Not telling DW for as long as I think I can safely get away with it (summer 2004 probably) and not telling DD's, 11 & 4 (at cruise time) until as late as possible.

It'll be our second time. We were on Eastern Magic, May 2003.

Stealth Dad.

WDWLVR
10-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Hi Stealth Dad - welcome to the DIS and to our fun crusing bunch. Hope you don't keep it a secret from everyone too long.

Not sure if you have had a chance to real through the entire thread, but we got a lot going on. I do a monthly newsletter for the group, Gail is doing reservations for a group brunch on board, gaRry is working on t-shirts for us. Lot's of fun. If you will e-mail me the following information: Names, ages (of the kids), birthdays, anniversary date, room number, early or late seating, any other fun information (you say this is your second cruise - anything else) then I will e-mail you the password for the newsletter. To see the main page click on the link below and go to my home page and then follow the link.

You may want to tell the kids at some early point so they can exchange e-mails with others their age and have built in friends when you cruise.

Welcome again and we hope to see you posting more!

jilljill
10-17-2003, 08:07 PM
stealthdad,
Welcome aboard. We are keeping this a secret from DD, who will be 10˝ at cruise time. We probably won't tell her until the beginning of Dec. '04.

We have been busy the last few days looking for houses. DH decided last week that we need to look for a new house near home instead of a rental property near WDW. I dread the thought of having to pack up everything. But, I love the idea of having everything brand new.

Have a good weekend everyone.

wdwgoose
10-18-2003, 06:49 AM
another day at work
welcome stealth dad & cmaasfamily always room for more. By the way did you get one of the disney suites?????????? hoping the one with the piano ???????? well just in case we are planning a wine tasting party in one of them we just have to find someone who has the cabins. really welcome aboard. will add your name to our list.
time for more coffee. breakfast too.

OOOOOOOPS SORRY missed chat night dw took me out for dinner (shes up too something)

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave2:

Kabuli1
10-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Morning all!

Welcome stealth dad!

I think this is post 700! Aother reason to celebrate!

I've been too busy to post - sorting through 18 years in this house is overwhelming! Any advice anyone?

Karyn

videogal1
10-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Count us in. My DH (MarkRG) and I are in room 7122 Navigator Veranda.

WOW! Neighbors!........well, almost. Cash and I will be across the hall and down in the, ahem, "Inner Sanctum", that is. Can we come by and peer off your verandah sometime? :boat:

WDWLVR
10-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Lynda, you and Cash are more than welcome to come visit our veranda. I promised Robin she can come too. Now if we could only find out who has the Walt or Roy suite we could have a real party on that veranda!

jilljill
10-18-2003, 08:57 PM
OK, I'm whining now. I want to party on a verandah, too. No verandah, but we have a SPH. Yes, who is in one of the really big suites that I will only look at in pictures?!?
I can bring the Key Lime Wine. :earseek:

WDWLVR
10-19-2003, 06:41 AM
Barb - not to worry - if we can't find someone in one of the suites we'll just have to have a big party on the secret deck 7 aft veranda. That will have room for all of us!

Kabuli1
10-19-2003, 07:27 AM
But Mary, how are we going to get a piano out there for Randy to play?

I made a scarf yesterday and now my DD, Miss Jill, thinks that I should make lime green and white ones for everybody in our Holiday cruise group! Instead I taught her how to crochet! How many people want to go caroling? Or gather around a piano somewhere and sing?

Karyn

WDWLVR
10-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Sorry Karyn - if Randy wants a piano on the veranda he's going to have to move it himself. :D

I think it would be great to get a group together to sing. I know they have a piano in the atrium - wonder if we could use that.

I'd suggest that anyone who is going to be on the Magic between now and our cruise ask at guest services or maybe ask the cruise director. I'm sure they would have some good ideas for a group activity.

I also read where the 10/11 group arranged for a group photo one day in the atrium. I think that would be cool too.

WDWLVR
10-19-2003, 09:54 AM
Per gaRry's request I've forwarded on some of the ideas I had for the t-shirts to his contact. She'll figure out some pricing and will get back to gaRry.

I submitted 4 designs for the front chest area: the bow design you have all seen, a bell, an ornament, and a candle design as well.

I submitted 2 designs for the back: the map is one and a rock tour type listing is the other.

Some of these would work best with lime green shirts (to go with the DIS theme) and some would work with either white or like a dark blue shirt.

As soon as she makes some mock-ups gaRry should be able to post something.

If anyone has any other suggestions be sure and let gaRry know.

WDWLVR
10-19-2003, 09:56 AM
OK I know it looks like I keep replying to myself, but I wanted to keep this separate from the t-shirt discussion.

I'm getting ready to work on the next newsletter. If anyone has any input on sea days I would love to hear it. What are your favorite things to do on sea days. Brunch, spa, just hanging out at the pool.

Let me know and I'll include it in the newsletter for all to enjoy.

I plan on doing this next weekend so please try and get me something this coming week.

Thanks!

gail1771
10-19-2003, 10:22 AM
Hello to all. We also do not have a balcony. We have a SPH room.

Mary, I think that is a great idea about having a party on deck 7. That would be so so much fun. How would someone look into this??? What do you all think about that if we do not find out who has the WDW suite????
It's raining in NY today and chilly rain it is. My DH is framing the back of our extension in the rain. What a guy!!!!
My DH got world series tickets in Florida from his cousin who lives in Ft. Lauderdale. Actually his entire family lives all over south florida. We got two tickets but I can not go as we have a babysitting issue and I feel guilty leaving them as we will be out of town this weekend for business. My parents and sister in law will be doing the babysitting than. So my husband is bringing a good friend of his and they will have a great time seeing two games and his family, bo hoo for me. Anyway I hope you all had a great weekend. Talk to you soon-Gail1771::MinnieMo

WDWLVR
10-19-2003, 03:56 PM
The following is from Deb Wills site about what to expect this holiday season on the Magic which can give all of us an idea of what to expect:

Disney Cruise Line Celebrates Magical Holidays

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Disney Cruise Line guests can enjoy a festive holiday celebration sprinkled with pixie dust on sailings between Nov. 23 and Jan. 1.

It all starts at Disney's private cruise terminal at Port Canaveral, Fla., where festive holiday décor and Disney characters dressed in their season's best await all who board a Magical Holidays sailing. On board the Disney Magic or Disney Wonder, guests find the ships decked with boughs of holly and filled with holiday-themed entertainment and activities for the entire family.

Magical Holidays highlights include:

A tree-lighting ceremony in the atrium lobby, where "snow" magically falls;
A Christmas Eve visit from Santa Goofy, with surprises for kids enrolled in children's programming;
International holiday caroling by crew members from around the globe;
Special family time, when families join together to design and decorate their own gingerbread houses;
Classic holiday story time in the atrium hosted by Mrs. Claus;
Traditional holiday feasts in Disney's three themed dining rooms;
Multiple faith and inter-denominational holiday services;

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Sounds like a good time will be had by all!

gail1771
10-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi Mary. Thanks for the information. It sounds wonderful. My children are going to love it. My daughter is going to love the ginger bread house. I am so so looking forward to taking this very special cruise and meeting everyone on the DIS. It is very chilly in NY tonight. Have a good night to all. Gail::MinnieMo

jilljill
10-19-2003, 08:15 PM
Mary,
Thanks for the info from Deb's site. I WANT TO GO THIS YEAR TOO!!!
I have been really whiney on the last couple of posts - sorry everyone. As the holidays approach this year I know that next year's holidays are that much closer.

tkd lisa
10-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone! Back from a chilly week of camping with the scouts. Our son's first Boy Scout experience. The Boy Scouts did a great job with the Webelos. DS immediately wanted to know what the next thing he gets to do with the Boy Scouts is! He's pysched about moving up this winter!

GaRry/Robin, do you remember our deck 7 aft get together on the western inaugural? It was lots of fun. We actually did have someone in the Roy Disney suite, and I got to see it. Pretty cool, but no piano (it's only in the Walt Suite). Sounds like we'll have opportunities for caroling even without the suite.

Welcome to the stealth dad! Our DD will be 12 1/2 at sailing time, so they'll be in the same group.

Happy Monday to all!

LaGaviota
10-20-2003, 02:30 PM
OMG! I just booked this cruise today and I'm SO excited! I can't believe we even got our room assignment already - I didn't realize you got them so quickly! So I still need to read through this entire thread, but here's some information on me and my hubby:

Dave(34) & Anna(29)
Inside stateroom - #6587

It's always been a dream of mine to be laying out on a beach somewhere at Christmas - and now I get to make it come true!

tkd lisa
10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Welcome to the group, Dave & Anna. Mary and Mark (WDWLover and MarkRG) have put together a great newsletter. She'll be happy to email you the password. Gail1977 is arranging a group brunch at Palo, and Garry and Vicki (wdwgoose) are ordering t-shirts.

Donalds_best_pal
10-20-2003, 06:35 PM
Hey guys.
Gail thanks for sending the password but I keep getting a not found message. Its werid. I havent been checking on here lately since I have been busy worrying about upcoming trip to the world. So whats up with t-shirts? Also anyone seen new pictures of the updated ship?
Matt

wdwgoose
10-20-2003, 07:04 PM
WOW we are getting a long list here!!!!!!!!
LaGaviota I think you have the wrong cabin number ?????
you see thats not the disney suites number??????????????
so if your on deck 6 your cabin is waaaaay to small for all of us to be there for the wine tasting. so sorry but I guess its not in your cabin UNLESS you get an UPGRADE !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL :~)))))))))
okay really welcome some of us are just a little not there type .
boonesfarm will do that to you....................
I added you to the list did you read all 48 pages???????????
by the way congratulations- noticed you were just recently married. So far it does not look like you have any neighbors really close to you thought there are 6 cabins on deck six all are on the other side of the ship. But this could be a good thing "honeymooners"
Again welcome to you and all the newbies.

gaRry & Vicki :wave2: :sunny: :wave: :crazy: :jester: :wave2:

may the force be with you (dave)

jilljill
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
LaGaviota - welcome aboard. You really should read all 48 pages :eek: so you know what you are getting yourselves in for on this thread :)

gaRry & Vicki, are we going to to have any good wine at the wine tasting?!? By good, I mean something with a cork not a screw top :hyper: I guess I better time my drive to stop and pick up the Key Lime wine.

WDWLVR
10-20-2003, 08:11 PM
LaGaviota,

Welcome to our cruise! The more the merrier. Congratulations on your recent marriage as well.

If you will drop me an e-mail with the following: Names (which one of you is LaGaviota?), birthdays, anniversary date, cabin number, early or late seating, and anything else you'd like to tell us (is this your first cruise or your 10th) I'll add you to the newsletter database and send you the password. The link in my signature below will take you to our home page and from there you can get into the main page for the cruise. We are keeping the newsletter password protected for privacy of all those involved.

The next issue should go out next week sometime.

Welcome again - we're really looking forward to a great cruise.

wdwgoose
10-20-2003, 08:26 PM
GarRy teases about the boonesfarm wine, but yes if we want to have a "real" wine tasting we can have anyone that wants to participate bring a bottle of either thier favorite wine or a bottle of something that is bottled in their home region. Our last cruise Joe brought boones farm for everyone - don't tell him but I am not sure how anyone ever drank that stuff. Two cruises ago we hosted a wine tasting in our suite.(no not the WDW suite) Since we couldn't get a suite this time we cannot host the party. We had our boonesfarm party on deck 7 and probobly just scared off any other guests that wanted to sit there to get some sun. :sunny: If the guests in the WDW suite come forward and want to have the party in their room that is ok too. :teeth:

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Every day brings our cruise one day closer!!!!!

Vicki:wave2: :sunny: :wave: :sunny: :wave2:

wdwgoose
10-20-2003, 09:02 PM
had to send dw to bed she wasnnt playing nice.
jill the scarfs sound very warm I would take an extra large please. being in the frozen mich. it is really needed. thank you
ohhhh thats extra wide just to make sure i donnt get cold ;~)
LOL LOL LOL

jilljill do you know all the bacteria thats on a cork ?????????
the screw off caps have enough chemicals it to kill everthing.

dw was right about bring wine from your region ??????????? so joe is from NY please no need to bring wine from that region???
well okay it was $ 2.65 per bottle.
ALRIGHT newbies yaaa still want to be on daaaa same boat as us ???????????????????
I think my tank was filled with heliam :~}}}}}}}}}}

well good night all

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :tongue:

videogal1
10-20-2003, 09:19 PM
GarRy teases about the boonesfarm wine, but yes if we want to have a "real" wine tasting we can have anyone that wants to participate bring a bottle of either their favorite wine or a bottle of something that is bottled in their home region.

You know, that's a great idea. I just took a tour of a little-known wine region here in Central Texas and, after a few sips at the tasting counter, bought a bottle of the smoothest white that'd ever passed my lips. Maybe I'll just tuck a bottle in Cash's harness carrier as a Magic contribution.:)

jilljill
10-20-2003, 09:54 PM
gaRry,
They have new 'corks' these days that are a synthetic material and don't break off in the bottle and can't possibly hold any bacteria :) Besides, who keeps a bottle open that long for that to happen?!?
I think the wine tasting is a great idea. We have a SPH that we could spill over (people, not wine!) into the hallway if needed. Just bring your bottle and glass. I think we have a connecting (5524) to someone on this thread but I can't remember who it is for the life of me. If it is indeed a connecting that makes the room that much larger :)

Kabuli1
10-21-2003, 04:31 AM
gaRry, ok, one extra large lime green scarf coming up! Just so's you get me three Holiday 2004 T-shirts before Christmas THIS year! Where am I going to find lime green yarn? I guess I could knit or crochet a row between each box that I pack!

I'm thinking about regional wines . . . There's a fabulous raspberry wine from Grays Lake, Illinois, but will I be needing to bring a Washington wine? I'm confused! I've been an Illinauseum for so many years how will I ever change? I guess I'll have to pass on my Illinois wine info to Mary and Mark (not that there are very many choices!)

jilljill, I think we have most of the SPH's represented on this thread - so we could open all of them and have the wine party there! I'm happy to suggest this, since we DON'T have one of them! Oh, I'm with you on wanting to cruise THIS year - it's so long to wait!

Welcome to LaGaviota! So exciting to see more and more people joining us!

Vicki, you need to hide gaRry's helium! And he needs to let you out to play more often.

Karyn

wdwgoose
10-21-2003, 06:24 AM
OKAY wroung info!!!!!!!! sorry joe is from NJ
now why would you have a connecting room with someone you donnt remember???????????? wine wine more wine ????????
LG123 and there 2 dd. maybee deck 7 aft. when we had ours there the people looking for a quiet place left !!!!!! if not then joe offered to share his boonesfarm with them. that did it.

karyn just too help you can bring more than one bottle.
by the way what size shirts. ????????

5522 & 5524 are connecting cabins. WOW right at the elevators too. :~))
okay we will do a cheese platter and can order wine glasses for the group. OR I still have some pointed dixie cups left over ????
In my many years in this field i have found that cork and glass is the prefferred way of doing things dixie cups and screw off go togeather

well must go work some for now. no wine .
just lots more coffee.

gaRry
:jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave:

jilljill
10-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Karyn, to eliminate any confusion just bring a bottle from each state. I will have to go to the beach to get a bottle from the local winery there and stop and get Key Lime wine on the way down.

gaRry, it makes it more interesting if you forget who your cabin adjoins to :eek: Very close to the elevators - makes it easier to stumble to the cabin after drinking too much wine :hyper: I will drink my wine out of just about anything - in fact the bottle works for me. What comes on the cheese platter? Do we need to bring crackers, too?

Wonder if the TF is monitoring this thread and reading about all the wine that we will be drinking on the 10 day wine and cheese fest. We could have wine parties on a couple of days - I can't wait this is so exciting.

wdwgoose
10-21-2003, 11:33 AM
WOW
this is a hard bunch of cruisers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wine wine wine must have corks scarfs glasses made of glass cork screws for corks must have cheese for the wine wine wine AND now crackers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and you want to sing christmas song too right ???????????
really the platters will come with different flavor cheeses and yes same with crackers :~}}}
also I will see if we can get a few of DCL own cork screw removers. they are pretty nice. But of for those that fly security. ALLRIGHT we have all of this stuff just bring all your cork bottles of wine wine wine. the rest is our treat.
or your punishment ME. ;~})})} LOL LOL lol
NO CANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
TF this bunch really needs it bad.!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave:

jilljill
10-21-2003, 11:44 AM
No singing, that interferes with the wine drinking and cheese and cracker eating. I don't need glass glasses just corks and a cork screw.

LaGaviota
10-21-2003, 11:49 AM
---------------

jilljill
10-21-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LaGaviota
Thanks for the welcome! You all sound like a fun bunch! :D

Oh - WINE, SHMINE! I'm bringing a 100-year-old Tequila I bought in Ensenada - it's smoother than any wine I've ever tasted! ;)
Tequila - sounds good too. You can bring something other that wine to the wine party. gaRry will be happy that somone else has a bottle with a screw top :teeth:

two4ruff
10-21-2003, 12:11 PM
Wine and tequila??? I may not have any memories of this trip after boarding...:faint:

Karyn: There's lot of Washington wines to chose from, they even have corks! ;) You cover the west side and I'll cover the east!

Kabuli1
10-21-2003, 01:12 PM
Tequila's good!

I've got almost a year to learn about Washington wines - last time I lived out there the only vineyard in WA was Ste Michelle. Ok, it's my new assignment.

What's wrong with singing? There are lots of good drinking songs! We can do the caroling some other time.

My plants are all packed and mostly sent! Yeah! I think I took too many - that's ok, I'll send some to two4ruff in the spring.

I'll have Collin (the DS at UKy) bring some single batch bourbons as well, ok?

Karyn

gail1771
10-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Welcome LaGaviota. We have a great group on this thread.
Today in NY it was a nice 72. I'm sure it will get cold soon. MY DH is at the world series game tonight in Florida. Go Yankees!! I hope you all have a great night. Gail1771

Christmas2004
10-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Like stealthdad, we're keeping this trip quiet... for now.

My parents were visiting this weekend. They commented on my sister's family's plans to spend this Christmas in London. My Mom said something to the effect of "I just can't imagine being somewhere other than with extended family on Christmas Day!" My DW and I just looked at each other and smirked a little. Christmas 2004 can't get here soon enough!

jilljill
10-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Christmas2004
Like stealthdad, we're keeping this trip quiet... for now.

My parents were visiting this weekend. They commented on my sister's family's plans to spend this Christmas in London. My Mom said something to the effect of "I just can't imagine being somewhere other than with extended family on Christmas Day!" My DW and I just looked at each other and smirked a little. Christmas 2004 can't get here soon enough!
Looks like your sister is paving your way for next Christmas.
We are also keeping this trip quiet. Only DH, myself, a very good friend and lots of DISers know we have this trip booked. DD will be told at the last possible moment, parents will be told as needed.

jilljill
10-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Has everyone gone into hibernation a bit early?!? I found us on page 3 :eek:
Hope everyone had a good day and stayed out of trouble.

wdwgoose
10-23-2003, 05:24 AM
well
still working on t shirts no samples done yet
anyone how full this cruise is yet ????????
really soon we will be at the one year mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or should I say 365 days??????????????????
help i need a vacation !!!!!!!!
anyone seen the new ads for wdw??????? they are different nice
just one thing wrong ????????? we are not in them !!!!!!!!!!!

have a great day

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :tongue: :wave:

ohiominnie
10-23-2003, 08:50 AM
really soon we will be at the one year mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or should I say 365 days??????????????????

Yes, just this morning I was saying that we have a 4 day cruise/9 day land vacation coming up soon. We will get home on 12/14...and when we get home it will be just a titch over 1 year away!! Woo-hoo!!

LaGaviota
10-23-2003, 02:04 PM
---------------

justmestace
10-23-2003, 11:50 PM
:wave2: Better late than never, I always say.....count us in!
It will be myself, Stacey, my husband Jay, daughter Jordan (age 14 at sailing) and son Jared (11 at sailing).
It took a lot of research of other cruises, a lot of thought and worry to try to justify the cost.....in the end, of course, DCL for ten whole days at Christmas WINS hands down!!
I've read about the first ten or so pages of this post, have a long way to go to catch up, and will probably have lots of questions. But I will wait until after I've read everything, so that I don't repeat.
We're heading to Bonaire (by Aruba) for 10 days beginning next week, going to Disneyland this Christmas.....but yet, I am sooo excited about this cruise I can hardly think straight!!

Can't wait...and I'll have to add to my countdown timer!

Stacey :Pinkbounc :bounce:

tinkfan
10-24-2003, 06:17 AM
Hi everyone,
I haven't been around in a while due to a new job and basically just life, but I had to come share my news. I got a call from DCL today asking if we were still interested in upgrading to a Cat 3 because they had some available. I jumped at it, it was what we origianlly wanted!! I am so excited!!! We are now in cabin #8080. Anyone have info on this room?
Also I remember some of you heading to WDW soon. I will be there for a long weekend Nov 7-11. Going to F&W party of the senses Sat Nov 8. If anyone will be there please email me so maybe I can get a chance to say hello. This is my annual mom's weekend away. I will be at the BC villas and meeting several DVC friends. I would love to meet any cruisers that might be there that weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

jilljill
10-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Welcome Stacey and family to this thread of crazy cruisers :crazy: There is a lot to get caught up on. Lots of kids in the same range as yours, our DD will be 10˝ at cruise time.

gaRry, would tinkfan's cabin work for the wine party?!? OF course in that cabin you would have to have wine with corks - no screw-offs in that cabin :eek:

Seriously, welcome and have fun getting caught up on the reading. Don't forget to pm Mary to be put on the newsletter update and get your password sent to you.

Kabuli1
10-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Welcome Stacey! Great to have you with us! We know what you went thru deciding - some of us just took less time to figure out just how worth it it will be! So keep on reading, you'll get to know many of us really well.

We drove to Lexington, KY and back this week to hear Collin's Wind Ensemble concert. Wow, really amazing music. I feel so proud watching him perform. Since there are so many drawbacks to being the mom of a percussionist, it's nice to have the advantage of actually being able to pick out his performance amid all the other instruments. Last night, Jill's choir concert. Why are they still singing choir pieces that I sang in HS in the 1970's?

gaRry, somebody ought to contact Beano and tell him they've got suites available for the cruise. And be sure to look up Collin when you get to Lexington. We didn't get a chance to get to Keeneland this time.

tinkfan, we're excited for you! Wow, how cool is that? A cat 3? I can't even afford a verandah this time! Seriously, that is really really great news for you, if you don't mind giving tours, I'd love to see it! We'll just miss you down in WDW, we get down there on 11/12, we'll be at BCVs as well. Could you pm me the details about the party of the senses?

LaGaviota, you asked how full this cruise is, and I have to question the "almost full" thing we've been hearing from some TAs. We recently switched TAs (and saved a bundle! Thanks, Gail!) and she was able to get us early seating for dinner - I don't want early seating, so I called and told her to switch us back to late. It makes me wonder how full the ship is, if early seating was still available a few weeks ago.

Gotta go, boxes to pack, y'know! Got a job interview today for a part time temp job until we leave. Should just be a formality since I worked there previously for 5 years.

Cheers, everybody!

Karyn

WDWLVR
10-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Stacey,

Welcome above this wacky group! I'm the Mary that Barb (jilljill) mentioned. If you drop me an e-mail @ marygums@covad.net with some info I'll be happy to send you the password to the newsletter. What I'm looking for is names of everyone sailing, birthdays, anniversary, cabin number, early or late seating, anything else special you'd like to tell us.

I'm trying to do a monthly newletter so we can all get to know each other, celebrate birthdays etc. You can see the main page of our cruise website if you click on the link below and then click on the Xmas 2004 Cruise link. We password proctect the newsletter to keep everyones data private to only those sailing.

Welcome again! Hope to hear from you soon and hope you post to the thread often!

WDWLVR
10-24-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by tinkfan
Hi everyone,
I haven't been around in a while due to a new job and basically just life, but I had to come share my news. I got a call from DCL today asking if we were still interested in upgrading to a Cat 3 because they had some available. I jumped at it, it was what we origianlly wanted!! I am so excited!!! We are now in cabin #8080. Anyone have info on this room?

Tinkfan - no info on that room, but wanted to congratulate you on getting the room you want. Enjoy!

justmestace
10-25-2003, 10:53 AM
:cool1: Congrats Tinkfan!!
We're waitlisted for a larger stateroom also, so sprinkle a little of your pixie dust on us!
Thanks everyone, for the welcome. Too excited for words. Just wish it wasn't such a long wait!

WVMD
10-25-2003, 05:12 PM
Well - after much pressure - from the eldest daughter Kristin (19)- we decided to bring her along. Hopefully finals won't interfere too much. She'll be a sophomore at either WVU or VaTech. I tried to get her the children's rate - as she looks about 15 - but they wouldn't let me....:teeth:

We also decided to go on the April 11th 4 day Wonder. We just couldn't wait until the 10 day cruise. Still haven't told Lauren (9) about either cruise. It has almost slipped a few times.....

Welcome to all of the newcomers...... Tinkfan, I'm jealous of the upgrade - we're still on the waitlist for a Cat. 3 both in April and in December. See what happens when DCL upgraded us on our first cruise from a Cat. 5 to a Cat. 3 - now we want a Cat. 3. I'm sure it was part of their marketing plan.

My wife thinks I'm crazy - as I read this thread every day - and most of the board every few days.... But - it looks like I'm in good company with all the other crazies!!! :earseek:

Kabuli1
10-25-2003, 06:15 PM
WVMD, glad you're bringing the daughter along, I'll have my two college age kids and there are a few others as well! I imagine they will spend the first day or so recovering from finals. If she would like to get in touch w/ my DS (will be 21) and a Sr at UKy or my DD (will be 18) frosh somewhere, let me know I can get you their email addresses and screen names for her.

Karyn

LaGaviota
10-25-2003, 06:31 PM
---------------