PDA

View Full Version : 20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

wdwgoose
08-15-2003, 10:19 PM
What a wild 24 hours this has been. Lost power several times, just as we thought it was back it would be off again. Work at the Hospital was slow all of the operating rooms were closed (except for emergencies) luckily we had no patients having babies. Air conditioning was not at full capacity and some areas were very warm. DH was very busy at the Fire Department- he cannot remember the last time they were up ALL night with calls. We hope the power is on to stay now, there are still are areas 10-15 miles from here that have not had power since 4:10pm yesterday.

GaRry designs t-shirts for DIS cruise, not pins but we would be interested in buying/bartering/trading 4 pins. wouldn't we all be styling in limegreen (tyedied) t-shirts designed for our cruise, christmas cruise pins and lime green tennis shoes.

For the inaugral cruise we had the ship & logo screen printed on with the back of the shirt. Some had their name embroidered on the front, those that didn't want to be identified skipped that. We all were really easy to spot both at the port and at the sail away party. We would have even been seen during last nights power outage, especially if DH had on his DIS hat.

Hope all is well with everyone. Glad to hear djs113 had power back also.

Vicki:wave: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

Donalds_best_pal
08-16-2003, 03:04 AM
I feel bad for you people loseing all the power. Usally its us here in the golden state loseing power!LOL I think my parents are going to get sick of me talking about the cruise for the next 490 days. I dont know if can wait that long either. At least there are vacations in between the cruise, so that should use up some time. Also if you guys need any help planning or putting together any thing for meets on the cruise, just let me know. I did a lot of stuff for our last cruise.
Well its time for Bed,
Matt

Kabuli1
08-16-2003, 07:53 AM
I'm artistically challenged! I couldn't design/make anything! BUT I'd be glad to be part of the judging panel for a contest! I love the idea. I'm going to tell my kidz and DH - maybe they can come up w/ a design.

I could knit scarves for everybody and we could go carolling on the ship! HMMMM lime green and Christmas red scarves! hmmmm . . . . Maybe even 16 months isn't long enough to knit that many scarves . . . any other elves out there that could help me? Mary?????

My hope this weekend for all of you is for fun and refreshment from the week! I trust that the trama of all the power outages is starting to abate and that if you had to go through that, you at least got a chance to see the stars in the heavens in all their glory!

Blessings!

Karyn

WDWLVR
08-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear that power is back for most of those effected!

I can't get over all the ideas being passed around. Between shirts, pins, scarves, etc. we'll be he most recognized group around. :)

Karyn I'm afraid I'll be no go with knitting. I'm yarn challenged :)

Think I'll stick with the newsletter and web page (I'm better with words than yarn) :)

wdwgoose
08-16-2003, 11:35 AM
I'll check and see if I can find the picture on the shirts and see if its a go or not ??????
I think they were $16.00 not sure had embrorded names on front if you dared. YOU really stood out. The picture of the first western cruise might be good enough to see. the back ship design is great I'll check on things monday unless the power goes out AGAIN.

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p

Kabuli1
08-16-2003, 11:48 AM
gaRry!

Those T's sound wonderful - I'm not afraid of standing out! "Specially if it means my buddies can find me!

Just a rough guesstimate - how many people are we at this time?

Mary, we could crochet if you'd rather! I have this really odd picture in my head of a big group of people walking around the ship singing Christmas Carols wearing bathing suits and screaming lime green and red scarves! There's something incongruous about it! And then hot buttered Boones Farm in the Walt or Roy Suite! Do we know who has them????

Parents w/ young adult kids or college students! We should link all our reservations and get a section of the dining room so that the kids can sit with each other - or us depending on their mood.

Karyn

djs113
08-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey Karyn,

no need to be a great artist to design a pin. All we need to do is put some ideas on a picture, than the artist at the pin company draws it out for you, part of the price to create the pin.

My wife is very artistic, ... me...? I can barely draw a stick figure!

- D

: )

catspjmas
08-16-2003, 03:40 PM
My family is considering the 2004 Christmas 10-day sailing. However, I can't find the rates anywhere as this cruise cannot be booked online. Can someone tell me where I can find them?

Another question (Experienced cruisers, we need your opinion!) We are booked to sail on the Wonder next July and thought about waiting to book the Christmas one until then so we can receive onboard credit. Good idea? Not-so-good? Will it be too late? (We will most likely be booking 3 rooms, probably cat. 9-12, but don't care if they are connecting, near each other,etc.) Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Kabuli1
08-16-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi catspjmas!

We'd love to have you on board with us! I booked mine w/ Dreams Unlimited. I recently inquired at all seaons travel (*************.com) and they had a better deal than DU. If you can't find the listing with one of them, email or call them and ask! There is apparently room left! The thread at the top of the forum about the Christmas cruise has some discussion on that of some of the places people found good deals - so look there!

Don't wait! They are not offering any shipboard credit for this sailing - I tried to transfer an onboard booking and was told this cruise wasn't eligible - seems they can fill it w/o any special incentives! Also If you wait till July the price will only go up!

Good luck! You can also call DCL and book it directly through them and then transfer the booking to a travel agency that can offer you some special deals! DCL 1-800-511-9444!

Looking forward to hearing you say "We're coming, too!"

Karyn

jan lyn
08-16-2003, 04:28 PM
GaRy, sorry.. I didn't see my name, and I even checked the list twice (to see who's naughty or nice) :) I've just started with the bifocals... so that is my excuse!

Hope your power situation is under control. We were lucky here.. just blinking and a few minutes of no power off and on on Thursday afternoon.

catspjmas
08-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Thank you, Karyn, for the info. We have booked our other two Disney cruises from their website and have not used All Seasons before. What sort of experiences have you had with them? Thanks again for the info. and hope to cruise with you! :)

Kabuli1
08-16-2003, 04:54 PM
cats!

I haven't used All Seasons but I've heard good things about them - also - you get to talk to a real person. Their price was exactly the same as DU, but AST offered $250 onboard credit w/ each of the two cabins we were booking and DU gave us a rebate of @200 on one and $100 on the other cabin. I'm trying to decide if I want to switch. There are a few people on this thread that have worked w/ other agents - I'm sure they will respond as well! I guess they've removed the info thread on this cruise - so you'll have to wait on trying others till you get some more responses. I'd sure call DCL to get a baseline price for comparison! I'm excited you're joining us!

jan lyn - gaRry has a very special font - sometimes it's almost invisible!

djs113 - I don't think I'm even that creative! Wow! You can draw stick figures?

I just saw "Pirates" for the third time - I must be sick! I do love that movie.

Karyn

djs113
08-16-2003, 07:46 PM
sick is correct Karyn!

I hope Pirates isn't showing during our trip, otherwise we might never see you ondeck !!!! LOL

- David

disneyjunkie
08-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Can you book the Palo brunch more than once?

I just got the passporter DCL book today. After reading about the brunch, I did a search here. I know this is something I'd want to do more than once. ( I love crab legs and shrimp:bounce: ) I'm wondering if it would be possible to do the brunch twice and the dinner once.

Anyone know if any DISers will have teens sailing with them? My son will be 13 when we cruise.

two4ruff
08-16-2003, 10:10 PM
Disneyjunkie-

Although its very hard for me to admit, our son will turn 13 right before the cruise....I'm not ready for the teen years!!

Kabuli1
08-16-2003, 10:30 PM
David, Pirates is just keeping me going till Return of the King comes out! I am such a fan of LOTR!!!! In that way only, I'm sick - Pirates, three times was just a factor of going with various people who wanted to see it! Tho, I do love Johnny Depp in it! And I think Legolas, er, Orlando, does better as the young lover than as an elf. No worries, it will long be done showing! Now, if ROTK was still showing then . . . Besides, I would rather be with real people than movies any time!

With Return of the King coming in 12/17/03, I thought there was nothing to look forward to in December in the following years! I just realized that in 2004 there was something even better to look forward to - OUR CRUISE!

disneyjunkie! Who knows how many brunches there will be - I'd love to go to more than one! It was the best food ever! Thre are so many unknowns about this cruise! I'm so impatient! I want to know everything! NOW!!!

Gotta run, love you all! This group is the BEST!!!

Karyn

I've edited this three times now - I guess 3 glasses of wine is beyond my limit!

Donalds_best_pal
08-16-2003, 11:45 PM
Hey disneyjunkie: I will be 15 when we cruise, your son and I could hang out. Who do I email again about the palos brunch. My parents are interested in doing it with the group, they did it last time. I had to make them do it, my dad is always away on business so we wanted so my mom us all to hang out. My dad and I said she had no choice and had to do it!LOL:D Also catspjmas I would try calling MyTravelCo, I use Ricardo and he is great he discounts extra for me, if you tell him matthew settineri sent you, he might give you good deal. WE got a wonderful deal. You contact him at: 1800-cruises extension 77445. Hope this helps. We used him for our last 2 bookings and plan to use him for many more. Only 489 more days to go guys! YAY:bounce:
TTYL
Matt

jilljill
08-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Wow, go to WDW for a week and this thread takes off and has so much more info to catch up on.
I would really love to go to Palo on this cruise. Would brunch or dinner be better? We have not dined there before. Do they have chocolate souffle at brunch?!?

wdwgoose
08-17-2003, 02:23 PM
they even have peanut butter & jelly sandwich once they had purple ketchup and as old JOE knows they have lots of whip cream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long story on that one. Zita was our server on the last 2 cruises I hope shes back by then ?????????

okay I should have stayed at WDW this rough to get up to speed well not getting alot done tet but I will. by cruise date be done :~))

tksbaskets
08-17-2003, 04:22 PM
My two sons will both be 13 for this cruise. They are a little anxious about the teen club since they had such a blast in the Lab. It would be nice to hook up with some other boys their age!

Now to find the $$.....

Donalds_best_pal
08-17-2003, 04:26 PM
tksbaskets: Not to be discourageing but I was 13 in march when we went on last magic cruise and I didnt like Common Grounds. I felt like I was the youngest and no one really paid attention to me, so I did a lot on my own. I am hoping at christmas since I will be older that I will fit in better. Maybe your kids and I can meet and hangout.

Matt:bounce:

gail1771
08-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by catspjmas
My family is considering the 2004 Christmas 10-day sailing. However, I can't find the rates anywhere as this cruise cannot be booked online. Can someone tell me where I can find them?

Another question (Experienced cruisers, we need your opinion!) We are booked to sail on the Wonder next July and thought about waiting to book the Christmas one until then so we can receive onboard credit. Good idea? Not-so-good? Will it be too late? (We will most likely be booking 3 rooms, probably cat. 9-12, but don't care if they are connecting, near each other,etc.) Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Hi there. I did a lot of research for the 10 day sailing. ******************** Carol the owner at ************************** was $600.00 cheaper for a cat 10, 2 adults and 2 paying children than Dreams Unlimited. She also had a special running with a $100.00 ship board credit for this sailing only if I booked this sailing between 8/8 and 8/10. Carol is such a nice lady. It is ********************s. I have read a lot about her on the Disboards. Quite a few families booked this sailing through her. This thread will not let me add her website in for some strange reason. If you have any questions or want her website, please feel free to e mail me at sands1@optonline.net. Sincerely, Gail1771

gail1771
08-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by wdwgoose
I'll check and see if I can find the picture on the shirts and see if its a go or not ??????
I think they were $16.00 not sure had embrorded names on front if you dared. YOU really stood out. The picture of the first western cruise might be good enough to see. the back ship design is great I'll check on things monday unless the power goes out AGAIN.

Hello to all. Have not been back on this thread since the power went out here in NY. We live on Long Island one town away from djs113. Very scary since 9/11. We were without power for almost 24 hours. Very bad night for us as our 2 year old son was in the Emergency room all night during the black out with Croupe and Asthma. The hospital had generators but no A.C. and it was over 90 in the hospital ER.
Back in the ER Saturday my son has pneunomina. He is finally home tonight. We are glad this weekend has passed and a new week is to start. If all is ok with our son this week we are leaving for the Wonder this Sunday 8/24 for 4 nights our first DC and than to Disney World at the WL. My son will stay home with the in laws and we will just take our daughter as long as he is feeling better.

GaRrY, I am intrested in those custom t shirts. Do you need help.
If you do call me and I would be honered to help you. It was nice to read all the dishers comments the past few days. Hope all of you had a great weekend. Talk to you soon. Gail1771
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Dancind
08-17-2003, 11:08 PM
Oh my, there are a lot of 13 year old boys on this cruise. I'd better not tell my DH, he might not let our 13 year old DD leave the cabin! The teens are getting new quarters, bigger and better, and they still get a few hours in the Lab occasionally. Diana

djs113
08-18-2003, 12:44 PM
Oh geez,

GAil... so sorry to hear about your last few days !!

Hope all feels better as soon as possible. I'll email you before Friday about a possible pin purchase

Take care

- David

mdvasquez
08-18-2003, 01:10 PM
Our DD will be 13 and our DS will be 14 when we sail. If anyones kids want to chat with mine, let me know and we can set it up.

T-Shirts sound great to me too.

Dena

Donalds_best_pal
08-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Sound like you have had some rough days Gail. I hope that your son gets better. Have fun on the Wonder, I wish we were sailing before next christmas. Dancind:Your right on there being many 13 year old boys!LOL I will be 15 when we cruise so will be in the 15-17 group. I wanted to go play playstation in lab but 15-17 group doesnt go there. Oh well, maybe I could sneek in, I am pretty small for age. Hopfully your son and I could hook up.
Matt

jan lyn
08-18-2003, 04:28 PM
Gail.
Sorry to hear your little guy isn't feeling well. Hope he's better soon, and your Wonder trip is magical.

gail1771
08-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Hello Everyone. My son is finally feeling better and his fever broke this morning. It had reached 104.9 at one point. He is now out of danger and does not have to be readmitted to the hospital. Thank you for all of your best wishes. I am so lucky to have found this website and have met such nice people. It is going to make this special sailing on 12/18/04 even more magicial because you are all going. I wish it was not so far away, but for now we are so psyched to be going on the Wonder for 4 nights this Sunday. Thanks again to all. Talk to you soon. Gail1771:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Kabuli1
08-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Gail, I'm so relieved to hear that everything is ok w/ your son. What a tough time you've had. You already mean a whole bunch to us as well! Now, get that kid all better and enjoy your trip!

Karyn

gail1771
08-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Thank You Karyn. Talk to you soon. Gail1771

WDWLVR
08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Gail, so glad to hear that your son is doing better. Enjoy your WONDERful cruise.

gail1771
08-18-2003, 06:46 PM
Thank You Mary. Talk to you soon. Gail1771

Kabuli1
08-19-2003, 08:31 AM
Gail, please tell us all about it when you get back! I'm so happy you get to have this great experience after going thru such a tough time.

Hey all, I need some prayers and pixie dust! I've been looking for a job for a very very long time and on Friday I have an interview!!!

I'll just bump this up for now.

Karyn

gail1771
08-19-2003, 08:58 AM
Hi Karyn, Good luck with the interview on Friday. I will say a prayer for you. I'm sure it will go well for you. Talk to you soon. Gail1771

catspjmas
08-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks to Karyn, Gail, and all you other helpful DISboarders! It looks like we might be booking this special holiday sailing any day now! Getting excited about it! :)

I've been researching for the best rates at many of the sites you rcommended. Question for those of you who have booked from these sites: I noticed that port charges and govt fees are included but insurance is NOT included. Is the insurance charge per person similar to that of DCL? What sort of experiences have you had using All Seasons, Dreams Unlimited. etc.? I've grown comfy with booking with DCL directly but am willing to try something new to get a good rate for this special cruise! :)

Dancind
08-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Catspj's, I booked through an on-line TA, and saved a nice chunk. However, when I needed to get hold of them to verify that my deposit to DCL was made in time to hold the cabin we wanted, he wouldn't call me back. I did finally speak to him when I called and tried to get the information from another agent in the office, and he seemed pretty put out. This does not bode well for when it comes time to book excursions, etc. We may be doing a lot of that on our own, anyway. This agent quoted me insurance, but it was double what DCL charges, so I declined it. I will buy it directly from Access America or Travelex when it's nearing time for the final payment. Anyway, the moral of my story, don't just consider the price you are quoted, also consider the service you will receive. DU has an excellent reputation for service, and they do offer some on-board credits. Diana

tksbaskets
08-19-2003, 03:09 PM
We may need a DIS meet to introduce all our 13-25 yo cruisers! It would be fun to have more than just their sibs to hang out with.

Matt - my guys really like swimming, computers, going to the onboard movies, and eating at scoops and Pluto's dog house. They aren't terribly athletic although Nathan loves following sports. If you play playstation of gameboy, Scott is your pal! They both think the common grounds will be a bit "old" for them too. On our last cruise (NYE) there was a 13 yo who was able to hang out in the lab. Did you find that too?

Gail - I'm glad your little one is on the mend!

gail1771
08-19-2003, 04:31 PM
Hello tksbaskets. Ethan is on the mend. Thank you for your concern. Thank you to all of you.

We love Carol at FCD. Her phone number is 866-522-0312. She is wonderful. I do not know why this website is not letting me write hers or any websites anymore???????? Does anyone know why this is happening all of a sudden?? Carol always calls you right back and she is very reliable. she has great prices for the Disney Cruise on 12/18/04 and other cruise dates as well. We checked around and she had the best deal with shipboard credit a few weeks back for this special sailing. She has been in business for over 15 years. She books Disney Cruises and packages often. She has magic up her sleeve. We are actually going to book a Celeberty Cruise with her. If anyone wants her website just e mail me. Talk to you all soon Gail1771:smooth:

jilljill
08-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Gail,
Have a great time on the cruise this Sunday. I'm sooooo jealous of you. We haven't been in almost a year and I hate not going this year. We had gone 4 years in a row. But, Australia was too good a deal to pass up for this year so the cruise must wait until 1218/04.

Dancind
08-19-2003, 05:18 PM
HI Gail. The DIS boards are owned by Pete Werner, who I believe owns Dreams Unlimited travel. They pay for the site, and the web space and usage must be huge. I don't blame them for finding a way to block other TA's links. Diana

wdwgoose
08-19-2003, 05:24 PM
Wow it was great talking to you last evening Gail. To be able to put a voice with the name was great.

I like tksbasket's idea of letting the 13-25 yo cruisers meet. But what about those of us over 25?? I have a DD & DS that fall into the 13-25 category and they would definately like to meet somone to avoid having to hang out with each other. Who would like to plan one???

This Friday we have a rodeo for the March of Dimes at our fair grounds. I think that should be pretty exciting. I wish it was at WDW then I would really be looking forward to it.

Vicki

gail1771
08-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Dancind
HI Gail. The DIS boards are owned by Pete Werner, who I believe owns Dreams Unlimited travel. They pay for the site, and the web space and usage must be huge. I don't blame them for finding a way to block other TA's links. Diana

Thanks for the info. I had no idea who owned this site. I thought it was set up like mousesavers.com. I feel bad that I was putting information about other TA's on someones website that has their own travel agency. Sorry about that. Gail1771

gail1771
08-19-2003, 05:48 PM
Wow it was great talking to you last evening Gail. To be able to put a voice with the name was great.

I like tksbasket's idea of letting the 13-25 yo cruisers meet. But what about those of us over 25?? I have a DD & DS that fall into the 13-25 category and they would definately like to meet somone to avoid having to hang out with each other. Who would like to plan one???

This Friday we have a rodeo for the March of Dimes at our fair grounds. I think that should be pretty exciting. I wish it was at WDW then I would really be looking forward to it.

Vicki

Hello Vicki,

I felt the same way that it was great to put a voice with the name. Have fun at the rodeo. That is so wonderful that you all are having a benefit for the March of Dimes. Have fun. Talk to you soon. Fondly, Gail1771:smooth:

gail1771
08-19-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by jilljill
Gail,
Have a great time on the cruise this Sunday. I'm sooooo jealous of you. We haven't been in almost a year and I hate not going this year. We had gone 4 years in a row. But, Australia was too good a deal to pass up for this year so the cruise must wait until 1218/04.

I am soooo jealous that you all are going to Australia. We have always wanted to go. I want to snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef, and see Sidney and the Red Rock. I hope someday. Have a great time. When you get back from your vacation and find time I would love it if you would e mail me and tell me all about your trip. Talk to you soon. Gail1771:smooth:

tksbaskets
08-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Did I say 12 to 25?? oops, typing too quickly. I meant 12-15. It is a tough age I think....too old for the lab, a bit young for many common ground activities. Now if you have a few others your same age in the common ground perhaps it would be lots more fun!

As for the over 15 crowd (*I* fit into that!) I think it would be really fun to meet too. DH doesn't get the whole 'board' thing (he can work ebay pretty well though!) but I think he would enjoy meeting other Disney CL addicts ;) Wasn't someone planning an adult brunch at Palo?

Only about 500 days to go! I'll have to start a countdown clock again if I remember how... (until then I'll just look at Matt's clock)

WDWLVR
08-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Busy day on the thread.

catspjmas - glad to hear you might be joining us. I'm another Chicago area cruiser. Welcome aboard.

I'm a big fan of Dreams Unlimited. We are using them for this cruise and have used them for two others in the past (the others we booked on points). Sounds like others have gotten great deals elsewhere and that's cool, but I would suggest if anyone is thinking of it to at least check with Dreams and give them a chance.

We don't have kids so I'm probably the last one to ask on this, but I can tell you what they did on our May cruise. A lof the kids got pen pails (or e-mail pals) and when they finally got to meet they had goody bags for each other with things like postcards, pens, etc. from their home. I think this would work for all the different age groups. If someone is looking for pen pals I will be happy to put that in the newsletter. Just let me know.

gail1771
08-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by tksbaskets
Did I say 12 to 25?? oops, typing too quickly. I meant 12-15. It is a tough age I think....too old for the lab, a bit young for many common ground activities. Now if you have a few others your same age in the common ground perhaps it would be lots more fun!

As for the over 15 crowd (*I* fit into that!) I think it would be really fun to meet too. DH doesn't get the whole 'board' thing (he can work ebay pretty well though!) but I think he would enjoy meeting other Disney CL addicts ;) Wasn't someone planning an adult brunch at Palo?

Only about 500 days to go! I'll have to start a countdown clock again if I remember how... (until then I'll just look at Matt's clock)

Hi again, I am putting together a brunch at Palo's a day we are at sea. Just e mail me at sands1@optonline.net and I will need your first and last names and cabin number to add you to the list. Your son e mailed me a while back in regards to his sister being around the same age as my daughter Emily when we cruise. Emily will be 7.5 at the time of the sailing. She turns 8 the following March. wdw goose(GarRy) is in the process of getting a group rate for the Radission the night before the cruise for all who want to fly or drive and arrive the night before we sail. He mentioned that we would all get together the night before at the Radission. I know someone a few pages back mentioned setting up a scavenger hunt in Key West but it never went further than that. I heard someone did it on the First Western cruise. That would be fun!!! Anyone intrested or was on the Western cruise that was involved in setting it up or who participated?? Talk to you all soon. Gail1771

gail1771
08-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
Busy day on the thread.

catspjmas - glad to hear you might be joining us. I'm another Chicago area cruiser. Welcome aboard.

I'm a big fan of Dreams Unlimited. We are using them for this cruise and have used them for two others in the past (the others we booked on points). Sounds like others have gotten great deals elsewhere and that's cool, but I would suggest if anyone is thinking of it to at least check with Dreams and give them a chance.

We don't have kids so I'm probably the last one to ask on this, but I can tell you what they did on our May cruise. A lof the kids got pen pails (or e-mail pals) and when they finally got to meet they had goody bags for each other with things like postcards, pens, etc. from their home. I think this would work for all the different age groups. If someone is looking for pen pals I will be happy to put that in the newsletter. Just let me know.

Hi Mary. I would love my Daughter Emily to have a pen pal. She will be 7.5 at the time of the cruise. That is a great idea to have it in the newletter. Keep me posted. Gail1771

Kabuli1
08-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi all! Hey, I was wondering about that 13-25, now, I know there's not much for the young adults to do . . . BUT....!!!!!! I have two of them - 18 and 21 next year - we're working on getting that age group together, too.

I sent the info on the scavenger hunt to Mary. I don't think I want to organize it - but if you want to read about it the 10/11/03 is doing it check out the last few page of the thread - they listed a bunch of ifo - or you can email or pm me and I'll send it to yu!.

Of course we'll have DIS meets! catspjmas - wanna get together w/ WDWLVR and her DH and me and mine? We were talking about a Sunday lunch in Schaumburg sometime in September. Oh, yes, and on board, too!

Well, I'll get off and se if I managed to get post #300!

Karyn

Kabuli1
08-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Rats - that was 299 this is 300! How far can we get this thread?
Karyn

disneyjunkie
08-20-2003, 07:00 AM
:bounce:

WDWLVR
08-20-2003, 07:48 AM
Good morning all! Can't believe we hit 300 posts already :)
Just shows what a fun, active group this is.

I posted about the Key West scavanger hunt on here a week or so ago after Karyn told me about it. Still waiting to see if someone wants to organize it.

I think this is what we have people doing so far and what we still need people for if interested:

gaRry - doing cruise list and also looking at group discount for Raddison. Please e-mail him if you are interested. gaRry and Vicki are also looking into t-shirts and pins!

gail1771 - organizing group bruch at Palo. If you are interested in joining the Palo brunch please e-mail her with names, cabin number.

wdwlvr - I've put up a group web site (see link below) and I'm working on doing a group newsletter. First one should be out within the next week. If you haven't done so already please drop me an e-mail or pm with DIS name, real names of all in the party, birthdays, anniversary, any special comments (which cruise is it, favorite port, etc.) I've gotten some great things already and always looking for more!

Kabuli1 - Karyn mentioned knitting scarves so we could all go carolling! I think it is a cute idea and would love to do Christmas Carols on the cruise. I'm yarn challenged (don't knit or crochet) :) Anyone else like to join in on this?

What we have open that people could head up (that has been mentioned so far - if you have your own ideas please speak up)

Key West Scavanger Hunt - anyone want to organize?

Kid connections: Maybe have three separate ones. One for the little kids, one for teens, and one for the older kids (18+). If one person wanted to take each group I don't think there would be too much work and if for the teens and older kids if someone in that group wanted to organize all the better.

Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did :) Chime in with ideas! We have lots of time to plan, get to know each other, and have fun!

Kabuli1
08-20-2003, 08:06 AM
Mary,

Hey, I think I was mostly joking about the scarves! But we certainly can go caroling, happy to organise the music and stuff.

One thing you forgot to mention was that dj113 is working of a special pin for our group.

Happy day! Everybody!

Karyn

WDWLVR
08-20-2003, 08:41 AM
See I knew I forgot something. I put the pins under gaRry. Sorry dj113!

I really do like the idea of carolling. Do you think they would let your DH use the Baby Grand in the atrium and we could all stand around and sing!

Are you sure you don't want to knit 100+ scarves for us all? You'd need a couple of extra suitcases just for them! :teeth:

mdvasquez
08-20-2003, 08:55 AM
I have children that would fall into 2 cat. I have a DD and DS that will be 13 and 14 and a DS who will be 18. They really don't care for going to the clubs alone, so it would be great to have them meet other kids their age!

Dena

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 08:59 AM
LOOK AT THESE NUMBERS ALLREADY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW we are at these already !!!!!!! the first western cruise we had high numbers but we had three different treads!!!!!!!!
I think we broke them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

good morning all. YES i am way behind on my duties :~(
sorry still trying to get cought up on my bueaty rest from wdw and the power outage. just found a new place to move my babies to only 2 miles from my house more land and better.

okay my friend works for marritt group sales was hoping she could help NOT but she did give some advise. SO now we have training at 0930 then on to the rad and everything else
by the way anyone want to help with my taxes from last year.
just a little behind I think.
be back after training hope i learn something????????

Kabuli1
08-20-2003, 09:19 AM
Mary, I'd have to invest in a knitting machine! If I had one, I might be able to! Maybe we can use the piano in the Atrium! Actually, I should try to find out all the things we need to know as a group. I was even thinking of trying out the scavenger hunt - but maybe we can just talk to the organizers from the 10/11 group about their experience. Let me know what I need to find out!

Dena, my DD will be 18 - if you would like to get her connected to your DS by im/email let me know. She'll be a freshman in college when we cruise). I think the 18-22 (or so) group could get alot of things going together - dinner at Palo, excursions etc. She and my DS (21) are tons of fun.

Anybody got a kid in this age group that would want to organize some of this? In the meantime, since I have two of them, I'll try to keep a list on this group.

gaRry, glad your babies have a new home! Take your time, get some rest and don't try to get everything done immediately! We still have 16 months!

I suppose it's time to start getting on with my day!

Karyn

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 11:54 AM
OKAY class is over.. training on natural gas.
now everything still available for t shirts they still have the ship and we can do anything we want to pay for ???????????
I will try to find the old picture of it if not then I'll take one
wording color type of shirts ????????????????????
start thinking cruisers. next phone to rad. then updated list?
scott & paula ???????? great info BUT what dis name ???
please e mail me this anyone else with info for the list ??????

cmatt ??????? you going ?????? old joe ???????mjasp ??????

:~))))))))) :~))))))))))) :~)))))))))) :~~))))))))))))))

Pfoith
08-20-2003, 12:26 PM
Sorry Gary! Ist time poster and Dis Cruiser...I have no idea is this is going to work :) I guess my Disname is my login?! Anyway it's Pfoith. Husband is Scot(spelling is correct). We are interested in the Radisson rate and the shirts! Thanks so much! Paula (Carol, if you are reading this quit laughing. :crazy:

Dancind
08-20-2003, 12:26 PM
I guess I missed the post about a scavenger hunt in Key West. Sounds like fun, but I've really got my heart set to go snorkelling with the wild dolphins there. Will be looking for three more people to join us, so we can charter a boat.

I'm sure my DH would love to keep track of anyone who's interested in scuba diving excursions. He was disappointed in the DCL excursion on St. Martin on our last October cruise, and is doing lots of research to find the best dive shops at our ports. He will organize his (and DD's) scuba excursions and I know he would be thrilled to have company, and it is cheaper than the DCL excursions. I can't remember his DIS boards name, he hardly ever gets on, but PM me if you scuba!

Meant to add, we would be happy to organize the 13-14 crew. Since they now have a separate group for this age in Common Grounds, seems like a natural split. My DD is an e-mail whiz, she could do group e-mailings to everyone.

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 02:24 PM
OKAY ALL
I sent out 7 e mails of the updated cruise list. thats all the e mails i have send me yours and i will send you the list.
someones did not go throu so please let me know. I'm new at some of this.

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 02:42 PM
OKAY
I hope its okay to post this??????????
room rates standard == $99.00 2 room suite $139.00
with or with out car parking. now prices he says will go up but not for this group. you have till 10-2004 to reserve your room.
cedit card needed. alot of rooms are avaliable now. will try to have them close togeather as possible.
I set it up so each one can call in to reserve there room ( my credit card has a limit on it ) so go for IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
321-784-0000 yes thats there number SORRY NO 800
the group is DIS CRUISERS make sure the rates are correct and the date 12 - 17 - 2004 make sure 2004 or ???????????
stay 2 nights if you want to. ALRIGHT LETS HEAR IT !!!!!!!!!!

sistert
08-20-2003, 02:47 PM
On the list for "thinking about it". Hope to have a definite confirmation on can we and who exactly is going. Money is the only issue. That cruise ain't cheap! Worse case scenario, will take a different cruise next year so my mom can experience it!

Kabuli1
08-20-2003, 03:31 PM
YEAH gaRry!!! Thank you! I booked my room! Non-smoking King Suite! Yeah! Thank you!

Also, thank you for the updated list - I got it no problem and have already replaced the first one you sent!

Good job!

Karyn

gail1771
08-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Hi there. Thanks GarRy for the list. It looks great.

The palo brunch list is also getting bigger. Very exciting. I am printing out everyone's e mail and putting them in a binder labeled Palo's Brunch on a day while we are at sea. When I go on the Wonder this Sunday I will find out how to go about booking a certain number at Palo's. I know it is a long way off but it is fun finding out way before the cruise. Anyone ealse who is intrested just e mail me your first and last names and cabin#. Thanks.

djs113(David) I am leaving Sunday very early am flight just e mail me by Saturday afternoon which pins you want me to pick up for you.

The Radisson has a general 800 number it is 1-800-333-3333.
Just give the representive on the other line the group name DIS CRUISERS and the hotel sight Radisson Resort at the Port, Cape Canaveral and the rate should come up. It did for me. I booked a 2 room non smoking king suite for $139.00. Thanks GarRy.

Talk to you all soon. Gail1771:Pinkbounc

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 05:58 PM
wdwgoose
ohiominnie
christmas2004
wdwlvr
kabuli1
paulcrsb
all_ears
two4ruff
3timecruiser
tinkfan
dancind
lg123
tnrobin
outahere
gail1771
jilljill
b&bdiscruisers
lnaylor863
trishy
djs113
tksbaskets
lorraine
kpros
goofydadeo
tchrmom
uromac
mark&allison
itsmajic99
donalds_best_pal
mdvasquez
robertsb19
debshill
disneyjunkie
jhemond
jan lyn
pfoith
2bells'mom
catspjmas
stitch6twosix
lampskies
tkdlisa
mic & lyn
BORN 2 CRUZ

AND ADDING ADDING ADDING ADDING CRUISING

didI miss anyone ????????????????

gaRry:jester: :jester: :smooth: :p :p

WDWLVR
08-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Thanks gaRry,

The list looks good and now that I'm in bigger type I can find it :)

Dancind
08-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Wow! We are many. This is going to be fun! Diana

Kabuli1
08-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Yeah, what Mary said! Glad you didn't use any of that invisible font this time!

GaRry, you don't have any of those old t-shirts hanging around that you could send me?

Karyn

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 08:40 PM
JUST HOW BRAVE ARE YOU ???????????????????????
GIVE ME your size lets see what I can come up with if you dare
:~~)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

tksbaskets
08-20-2003, 09:26 PM
Is the Radisson at the airport or at Port Canav.? (see how little I know, we've never stayed anywhere in Orlando but WDW!!)

Christmas2004
08-20-2003, 10:19 PM

Is the Radisson at the airport or at Port Canav.?Port Canaveral. It's the closest hotel to the port...

www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

wdwgoose
08-20-2003, 10:45 PM
WELL I only got a few back on the cruise list. did the others get ???????????? need e mails to send out to all who wants it????????????????????????
just let me know????????????

direct number to hotel is the 321- ????????????
okay I'm out of here for the night.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaRry

:jester: :smooth: :p

Kabuli1
08-20-2003, 11:21 PM
gaRry, I think I'm pretty brave! If you come up w/ a design I could model it and get pictures for our cruise website! I don't know what size I am! Rather I don't know what size I'll be! I'm on the downward trend - hoping to lose another 20 or by then! Oh, just send me an L and if it's too big I'll make Randy wear it (or wash it and see if it shrinks!) I haven't worn an M in so long, hard to believe I might be able to!

Gulp! What am I getting myself into?

Karyn

wdwgoose
08-21-2003, 08:03 AM
OKAY
lets see what I can come up with we have a little time. :~)))))

jilljill its in the mail also not a proplem.

okay long work day for me hay day getting babies new home ready and the things I forgot to do or is it HONEYDOO'S

wdwgoose
08-21-2003, 08:20 AM
OKAY so I didnot get going yet needed more coffee anyways

Lnaylor863 its in the mail hope you get it.

Debs Hill
08-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Are there any other mums and dads out there travelling with any little ones...5 and under?! My son will be 4 yrs when we cruise and I know that he'd love some play mates and we could maybe have a table together at dinner. We are on early seating.
Feel free to e-mail me!
Debs

DVC4US
08-21-2003, 05:51 PM
gaRry,

Yes, I did get it. Thanks a lot.

LeiLani:)

wdwgoose
08-21-2003, 06:04 PM
minor teck trouble GEEEEEEEEEE

a guy makes 2167 mistakes and SOMEONE just has to point one of them out ??????????????????????????????
WELL Io IA its off to work i go opps
I think thats a song

anyways glad you got NOW WHY is there no spell check on this???????????

WHY is this tread NOT moving much???????????
its not like we just sit around and wait for a 484 days or something???????

well now for the other news ITS HOT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
alwrite guess the others did not want a list ......
why is there no ideals on shirts yet??????????
the outline of the ship will be great but do we need it to say something ????????? if so then what !!!!!!!!!!!!

jan lyn
08-21-2003, 07:25 PM
We need a catchy name for ourselves.... maybe a glass or two of wine would boost the creativity. Maybe Boones' Farm???? :)

disneyjunkie
08-21-2003, 07:56 PM
Anyone here ever book a cruise with cruise.com?

They quoted me the best rate for the cruise,($3,505.70) but I'm wondering how their service is.

disneyjunkie
08-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Oh, one other thing.

I was reading some old trip reports on mouseplanet and someone wrote that the teen tour at CC only has room for 24 kids. Is this true? That seems like a really low number when you think about how many teens will be on the cruise. Is this something that MUST be booked at the 60 day mark? If you book early, do you have to pay for it right away or do you pay at the end of your cruise?

I'm sorry for all the questions.

wdwgoose
08-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Last cruise our dd was on the CC "wild side" teen adventure which only had 24 available spots. She didn't sign up until we were on board and had noproblem getting a spot. We were not sure it she would like it so we waited. I am pretty sure both DD & DS will want to do it again. DS went on a scavenger hunt with the oceaners lab but there was not any cost involved with that one.

Hey Disney junkie. What category is the quote for and is that for the family or per person?

I hope that Garry was able to get the list to all of those that wanted it. If you didn't get a copy and would like ( on ) please
( elt )
(sure let her on ONE time!!!!!! i think she means e = mail ) us know.

One work day left until the weekend!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Vicki :wave: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

disneyjunkie
08-21-2003, 09:23 PM

Hey Disney junkie. What category is the quote for and is that for the family or per person?

It's for a CAT. 11. That's the total for DS and I, it includes tax and port charges.

2belles'mom
08-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Okay, I AM IN!!!

You all "talked" me into it!

Holding ressies for myself, DH, and DDs who will be 5 and 8.

Hip Hip Hooray!

Donalds_best_pal
08-22-2003, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the group 2belles'mom. There lots of kids on the board going on the 10 day cruise. Keep checking this thread as there are lots posts everyday.
Bye for now
Matt:bounce:

Stitch6twosix
08-23-2003, 12:07 AM
I cannot wait for this cruise. I am gonna be a little tired the 1st day because i think i am flying in the night b4. The week of the trip i will have final exams in college. ARGH:mad: but it's a 10 DAY CRUISE. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED :wave: :bounce: :teeth: I can't wait to meet all u people. You guys are so crazy, just like me:cool: Well Later Days.

Chris

Kabuli1
08-23-2003, 07:16 AM
YEAH!!! We talked twobelles'mom into it!!! I was thinking about you a few days ago, wondering what you had decided. Glad to have you aboard!

Stitch6twosix, my kids will be in the same "boat" as you are! They'll be having finals as well and flying in that night! Please pm me for their email addys and screen names! Collin will be a senior at University of Kentucky and Jill will be a freshman somewhere in Florida. I'm hoping your family and ours can link for meals. Eldest DS23 (graduated this week from Cornell!) only comes if he pays for himself and his fiance.

Anybody else w/ older kids? This is who I have so far:

Kabuli1 (that's me) DS21, DD18
All_Ears (mom of Stitch6twosix) DS19
mdvasquez DS18
robertsb19 DD21 (and DD17)

Karyn

catspjmas
08-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Booked the 10-day last Wednesday thru All Seasons! Yahoo!(P.S...there's no onboard credit anymore and the price was not a whole lot less than DCL quoted me. If you have a party of all adults, you may want to use DCL.) Although this cruise is a year and half away, it's still exciting to think about! In the meantime, I'm wondering what to expect from All Seasons Travel. Will they send us anything soon? Has anyone used them who can give us some details? Thanks all! :)

WDWLVR
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Great to see so many new cruisers joining us. If you haven't already (and if you haven't managed to read through all the notes on this thread) we'd like some information.

gaRry is keeping a cruise list and I'm gathering up info for a monthly news letter.

If you are interested in participating in the newsletter please drop me an e-mail at marygums@covad.net and include you DIS name, real name, names of those traveling with you, birthdays, anniversary date, cabin #, early or late seating, and anything special you want to share about yourself (which cruise is it #wise, are you DVC, anything like that). If you have favorite ports you'd like to talk about give me that info as well. I'm more than happy to put the newsletter together, but I'd like some info from everyone else.

I'm hoping to get the first issue done this week!

LAMPSKIES
08-23-2003, 03:52 PM
O.K., so last night myself and DW are talking about "the holidays". We had such a good time last Thanksgiving at WDW with just us. Myself, DW, and DD's 13 and 11. Ya, family is nice but you can never seem to please both sides for holiday dinners and such......Soooooo I called DCL today and got a quote for the 10 night x-mas cruise. Catagory 6 verandah for the 4 of us with transfers was 9229.00. WOW!!! Seeing how I used our 50% voucher from our "cancelled Nov. 30 2002 eastern" and recieved a "free upgrade". Our 7 night Eastern 2003 was 3300.00 for a cat 6 verandah.......Well, that's only 19.00 per day between now and then.....right?????

Mjasp
08-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Now thats a positive attitude. You should try putting it away every week, but if you do, I'm sure you'll spend it before final payment is due.

Edited to add...What about your shipboard account, 10 days on board? Give me the math please to figure out how I can do it.

LAMPSKIES
08-23-2003, 04:29 PM
My ship board account I like to call "gold". As in plastic gold... lol!! We seem to spend a couple of hundred dollars a day on the ship on internet, drinks and arcade. It's the shopping in the ports that kills me.

outahere
08-23-2003, 04:30 PM
If you're still undecided about this 10 day cruise, here may be some incentive....... the quote LAMPSKIES got is over $1200 higher than what we booked for (same category - 6) when the reservations opened up at the end of June. Sure looks like the prices are climbing very quickly. Just my humble opinion, but if you are even thinking about going, it might be worth it to put your deposit down now, before the prices go even higher. If you change your mind before the 60 day final payment date, you will get a full refund.

disneyjunkie
08-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Mjasp
Edited to add...What about your shipboard account, 10 days on board? Give me the math please to figure out how I can do it.

Here's my plan.

Starting in November I'm going to call DCL each pay day and purchase $50.00 in shipboard credits. That will give us $1,500 for our cruise. I also plan to use a the same system to pay for the cruise. I think $1000 should be more than enough for DS and I. If we both enjoy the cruise, I plan to book another for August 2005 while onboard.

If I treat the payment and credits as a bill, I won't risk using the money for something else.

Can you buy vouchers for mixed drinks in advance? What about smoothies for the kids? I think I read some place that Carnival does this, I was wondering if DCL did also. What about tips?

Mjasp
08-23-2003, 05:06 PM
The mixed drinks go right on your ship board account, so you will be indirectly paying for them upfront when you put money down on the shipboard credit

LAMPSKIES
08-23-2003, 05:18 PM
outahere.........I have 2 DD's that will be 14 and 12 and they are telling me that they change the prices for the under 18 ages the 14 yo is going to be 1612 and 12 is 1412.....just wondering if that is the price difference???

LAMPSKIES
08-23-2003, 05:21 PM
I also just called for a quote and thay didn't know that that will be our 4th booking with DCL......they didn't ask a name so they didn't have a clue that I had sailed with them before.

.......They did tell me that the verandah is already 75% sold out for that sailing.

Kabuli1
08-23-2003, 05:48 PM
Lampskies, I was going to say the same thing - that older kids and transfers might have been the difference between your's and outhere's cabins. I'd be thrilled to have you join us - this is a wonderful bunch of people! I booked thru DU and got their standard per stateroom credit - which helped a little. About two weeks ago All Seasons was offering a $250 onboard credit and some others her have found some "deals". I'm sure you'll hear about those. We have two cabins, a cat 8 and 11 so that we don't have to "room" with our very large children (18, 21). And our two were about the same as what you were quoted for 4 in a cat. 6. Seems to me when I asked about 4 of us "adults" in a verandah stateroom it was similar to what you were quoted. I'd love a verandah - but not at the cost of having 2 college kids in the room with me! Let us know when everything is settled!

It's wonderful to see new folk joining us! I hope everybody is enjoying their weekend!

Karyn

tinksdad
08-23-2003, 11:15 PM
snip..I'm sure my DH would love to keep track of anyone who's interested in scuba diving excursions. He was disappointed in the DCL excursion on St. Martin on our last October cruise, and is doing lots of research to find the best dive shops at our ports. He will organize his (and DD's) scuba excursions and I know he would be thrilled to have company, and it is cheaper than the DCL excursions. I can't remember his DIS boards name, he hardly ever gets on, but PM me if you scuba!

Meant to add, we would be happy to organize the 13-14 crew. Since they now have a separate group for this age in Common Grounds, seems like a natural split. My DD is an e-mail whiz, she could do group e-mailings to everyone.
My lovely bride told me this thread was getting wild. As she mentioned above, I and DD will be doing at least three scuba trips on this cruise. Most likely St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Castaway Cay and maybe Antigua. I will be happy to coordinate a group of interested parties for diving if its wanted.
Don't get in on this board much, but I have to say after reading the last 24 pages the excitement is getting to me too. Even though its more than a year away.:bounce: :bounce:

Party on!!

Donalds_best_pal
08-24-2003, 01:30 AM
You guys post to often. I checking this board every few hours and there is always many new posts! I thought I was nuts. LOL I just wish this cruise was sooner. I am so glad there will be kids my age on this cruise.
Bye for now,
Matt

jilljill
08-24-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Donalds_best_pal
You guys post to often. I checking this board every few hours and there is always many new posts! I thought I was nuts. LOL I just wish this cruise was sooner. I am so glad there will be kids my age on this cruise.
Bye for now,
Matt
I was thinking I was nuts too!!! :Pinkbounc
Now for 2004 to get here to say we have less than 1 year to go. Yeah!!!!!

LAMPSKIES
08-24-2003, 11:23 AM
O.K...........I did it!!!! I put a hold on a verandah room.....room 6110 this morning. I'm booking thru DCL. When we got cancelled for our Nov. 2002 saiking DCL called to notify us directly. The outher couple booked thru a TA and had to notify the TA. We also recieved an upgrade with each of our bookings. We always sail "off peak". Now, let the party begin.....

P.S. I didn't tell DW and DD's I wonder how long I can keep it quiet????

Mjasp
08-24-2003, 11:32 AM
Well, its been awhile did you tell them yet? LOL

Have fun

Joanna

LAMPSKIES
08-24-2003, 11:38 AM
O.K., here's what I was told.......I put my ressie on hold and I am going to send in my deposit......If I book thru DCL and pay my deposit I can cancell at any time. Soooooo while on our Nov. 29 2003 Eastern sailing I am to see about the pricing for this cruise. Get a quote with ship board credits....If it's a better deal they told me I could cancell and rebook then.....Sound right????

Mjasp
08-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Sounds right, But I think you did the right thing as this is a "hot" cruise and I don't think by November there will any cabins left and if there are the price difference will outweigh the on board credit.

Joanna

LAMPSKIES
08-24-2003, 11:49 AM
I agree.....but it boesn't cost anything to try......the one thing I have found out was free from DCL.....information. lol I'm just going to make monthly pmts. on the balance and if something comes up and we can't go that will be a good chirstmas club account!!!!lol 480 days.......a lot of things can change!!!!!

outahere
08-24-2003, 12:36 PM
LAMPSKIES........ yes, I think the age of the kids (at least the 16 year old) could be the difference. I still think it would be a wise move for anyone, even thinking about going, to put down a deposit now. If the verandah rooms are 75% booked already, this cruise will probably be sold out by this Christmas, if not before.

Anyone have any ideas on how to let Santa know to deliver to the Magic?

Is it time to pack yet?

wdwgoose
08-24-2003, 12:54 PM
santa ??????????????????????????
$23.64 per day JUST pays the cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW are we doing anything else??????? scuba?? shopping??
ohh yaaa tips??????? the price of boonesfarm luckily is still
$ 2.69 per bottle YES anyone on base get it cheaper case price?????????
this is a long weekend cannt wait to go to work on monday yess

list updated anyone esle or maybee MORE info on the ones I have?????????????

LAMPSKIES
08-24-2003, 07:16 PM
I'm still counting on those 3.75 ESPN mug beers......I call it my "american express" don't leave the cabin with out it.

Santa?!?!?!?.................hhhhmmmmmm If I'm spending ten grand......that red nozed raindeer better be able to find St. Thomas.......... I still believe........do you...

WDWLVR
08-24-2003, 08:36 PM
The first issue of the newsletter is up on the web page. It is in a password protected area and those of you who have given me your e-mail address (along with your other info) have been e-mailed the password.

For those cruisers I haven't heard from who would like to join in please drop me an e-mail with the following:

Your DIS name, your real name, names of those traveling with you, your birthdays (don't need the year :) ), your anniversary date, and any other info you would like to share (such as how many times you've cruised, favorite port, etc.).

I'm new at this so I'd also like your feedback.

Thanks and enjoy!

paulcrsb
08-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Mary

The newsletter looked great!

Nice job!

Paul

catspjmas
08-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Hi fellow Christmas cruisers! Just curious if anyone has done the Christmas holiday on the ship before and if so, what sort of special activities, shows, menus,etc do they offer?! (We were on the New Yrs sailing last year and it was extra magical!)

Also, which island will be at on Christmas Eve and Day? Wow, isn't this all so exciting to think about! :)

Kabuli1
08-24-2003, 11:45 PM
WOW, has it been busy here today!

Mary, the newsletter doesn't come up for me! Help!

Catspjs! We're going to be on St Thomas on Christmas which means we all get to get up super early to greet the immigration officials!

I can't believe how excited I am, and we have so long until we leave!

Karyn

WDWLVR
08-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Karyn - the link is there - look under the itinerary (pm has been sent as well).

catspjmas - we will be in Antiqua on Christmas Eve and St. Thomas on Christmas Day. I've never been on the ship during the holiday season, but the pictures I've seen of the decorations and of Mrs. Clause reading to the children look great.

This thread has been amazing. If we keep this up for the whole year we may just reach max capacity!

Kabuli1
08-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Hello everybody!

I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else runs into the problem I had w/ the web page. The link to the newsletter doesn't show up when I tried to connect from AOL (9.0). It's fine from IE. So if you are having trouble, minimize AOL and pull it up on Internet Explorer!

Mary, nice job!

AND I'm keeping track of the 18+ "kids", that is, until one of them steps in. Please send me email addresses and screen names if you want to connect with the other college age, or 18 and beyond group!

Karyn

mdvasquez
08-25-2003, 09:05 AM
The newsletter link doesn't work for me either.:(
Dena

Kabuli1
08-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Dena did you try to pull it up in AOL? Try mimimizing AOL when you are online than pull up Internet Explorer and try from there. That's how I found it.

Karyn

WDWLVR
08-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Hey guys - sorry about the newsletter link. We tested it before sending it out, but since we don't use AOL didn't see the problem.

Thanks to Karyn who figured it out. Hopefully with her directions everyone will be able to get to it.

WDWLVR
08-26-2003, 08:32 AM
Found us on page 3 - maybe everyone was busy reading the newsletter and didn't get a chance to post :)

jilljill
08-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Mary,
Nice newsletter, thanks.
I was able to view it using AOL 8.0.

2belles'mom
08-26-2003, 11:02 PM
Great newsletter!!!

I showed by DH, who is not quite as excited about the cruise as I am!

He asked about Golf excursions--do any of you know if they even exist?????

two4ruff
08-27-2003, 12:59 AM
WDWLVR-
Just emailed you our information - can't wait to see the newsletter!

I've been off the board for a bit due to knee surgury and I can't believe the size of this thread! Wow!

WDWLVR
08-27-2003, 07:23 AM
two4ruff, Sorry to hear about the surgery. E-mailed you the info on the newsletter.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I promise the October issue will have a little more content. Remember that we're going to talk about Key West in that issue. If you have been and would like to share your experiences drop me a line. You can either write up a paragraph (or more) yourself or just drop me some comments and I'll add them in.

Nice to see this get back on the first page. Seems with back to school happening everyone is busy, busy, busy!

Hope Gail is enjoying her cruise!

two4ruff
08-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Mary-
Sorry to be a pain, but could you resend me the newsletter information? We had a virus scare earlier and our server dumped all our emails!
Thanks,
jill

wdwgoose
08-27-2003, 01:09 PM
WELL
I got alot going on for the next week so I'm running way behind where I should be with things SORRY bet the days on the majic will not seem so long!!!!!!!!!!! anyways should be up to date this time next week ??????????????
bugged we have trouble with our computers. lots of things going wrong!!!!!!!! :~((((((
NICE news letter. there are web cams around key west take a look
also there is i think shirley brown or nelson SORRY
dont remember her name she gave us some pointers on key west. JOE , Cmatt HELP ????????? whats her name ??????????? very sweet person
if you get a chance check out MARS WOW something else!!!

oooooppppppss GLAD TO see the list growing

WELCOME NEW CRUISERS : - ))))))

Cinderella1001
08-27-2003, 01:09 PM
We were on the Wonder cruise Dec 2001 and there were lots of activities for everyone. For families they had a gingerbread house that you made completely. These weren't small by no matter, ours lasted on the ship, back to WDW for 4 days, flight back to VA and 2 weeks later we decided to let it go. For those that didn't want to worry about taking it with them could display it in the lobby area on a table they set out. The only concern we had was on debarkation day with the food laws. They didn't take the house from us and since it wasn't fresh we were okay.

The decorations were wonderful. The lobby was decorated with wreaths on the railings, a huge tree stood by the steps, down the hall near the resturants was a giant gingerbread house where they took portraits, up on the deck was a christmas tree tied to the what looked like the satilite dish, Mrs. Claus read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the children in the lobby one evening.

If I get some time I will scan the navigators in from the cruise. I can't wait to take this one as we signed up the day it was announced.

WDWLVR
08-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Jill - I resend when I get home (I'm at work on a lunch break now) as that is where the info is.

gaRry - You're talking about Shirley from the Perfect Gift right? I already posted in another thread to her asking if I could give our her name and address for the wonderful packets of Key West info. She's heading back there this weekend. Wonderful, sweet woman.

Kabuli1
08-27-2003, 03:54 PM
So, is anyone going to be around this weekend? We're heading over to Detroit for a couple days. So, I won't be around to do any bumping!

Everybody got plans for the weekend?

Karyn

tkd lisa
08-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Man, I can't believe lots of the people on our first cruise are going to be on this one! I know we're going to break the record for posts!

As I put in my feeler post (thanks Joanna for pointing this one out), we were looking for this Xmas, but couldn't turn down the cool ports!

When I have more time, I'll read through the posts to "get to know you all".

For now, our family includes me (Lisa, currently 39, Program Manager for the Navy), DH Tim (currently 45, Logistician for the Navy), DD Kaylie, currently 11, DS Casey just turned 10.

This is our 3rd cruise. We did the inaugural Western with WDW Goose, Joe&Joanne, MJASP, and a bunch of others.

Looking forward to the fun!

Mjasp
08-27-2003, 04:22 PM
Your welcome Lisa...Glad you found this thread. I feel I should be on it, but I don't think its going to happen, but never say never.
Kaylie and Amanda would really have a blast on this one. I wish I could get the newsletters just to pretend I'm going. :(

Have fun all
Joanna

Kabuli1
08-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Joanna,

You know you're going to join us, why not just put that deposit down and join on in the fun fer real! Quit torturing yourself!

Oh, and Lisa - welcome glad you found us! We have a group getting kids the ages of yours together as email buddies.

Karyn

wdwgoose
08-27-2003, 07:08 PM
TKDLISA
GGGGGGreat long time ???????????? WOW to cruise with old friends and (new ones who dont know any better)
Mjasp lets go girl get that deposit in YOU know you are
Cmatt you too come on lets just do IT !!!!!!!!!!!
JOE you to AND ALL OTHERS DO IT

WDWLVR lets do it the first meet of the cruise ???
(i think) we are just south of detroit......... monroe

anyone else for a meet ????????????

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Mjasp
08-27-2003, 07:18 PM
I can't justify it yet. But time will tell, you never know what the future brings. I will keep following this thread, so if I do come, I won't be missing anything.

Joanna

WDWLVR
08-27-2003, 07:21 PM
gaRry, you got me confused with Karyn (Kabuli1) :) . She's the one going to Detroit. DH and I are headed up to Minnesota.

Karyn and I (and our DH's) are meeting on the 14th of September - anyone else from Chicago want to join us. Anyone want to come to Chicago to join us?

wdwgoose
08-27-2003, 07:30 PM
well just wait till you meet me I GET REALLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay sorry ??? it was just my way of inviting you guys ?????
hows that sound good I've got a better one as soon as I can think of it.

kabuli1 sorry you up for a meet ??????? we'll bring the boonesfarm (if you drink it)

wdwlvr is'nt detroit on the way ????????????????
I went through WDW on the way home from south carolina???
it was the scenic route ????????????????

very long days but soon the magic happens again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kabuli1
08-27-2003, 08:06 PM
gaRry! Let me check w/DH! We're driving out first thing Sunday driving back first thing Tuesday. Monday we're spending w pretty much all the in-laws in Farmington Hills, Sunday night we'll be staying w/BIL and family in Canton.

Email me! K????

Karyn

wdwgoose
08-28-2003, 06:51 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

disneyjunkie
08-28-2003, 06:18 PM
:bounce:

Christmas2004
08-29-2003, 08:09 PM
We were about to drop to Page 3.

wdwgoose
08-30-2003, 08:21 AM
??????????????????????????????????
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :wave: :wave:

tkd lisa
08-30-2003, 03:22 PM
I just called Disney and booked my in-laws into the adjoining cabin with ours. We wanted to send them on a cruise for their 50th anniversary last year, and they wouldn't go by themselves.

I called and told them that they'd never get a chance to do it again, and that they could back out with no penalty up til next October. I think they'll at least go along for now.

So add another Sanders family to the list, in room 2571. It will be Kenny and Diane, and I know they wouldn't want me to disclose their ages!

They are both retired. Dad sold steel for many years and Mom was a nurse (Vicki, one for you!). Mom is a cancer survivor (breast and ovarian), and recently had a scare thinking she had lung cancer. It turned out to be a false alarm, which was another button I pushed to make them come on the trip (you know Mom, we thought we were going to lose you and you never would have had the chance to do something like this trip!).

In case you can't tell, I really deeply love my in-laws and having them on the trip will make it even better.

catspjmas
08-30-2003, 05:16 PM
We just received our official confirmation! We have two adjoining cat. 10's on Deck 2! This is the lowest on the ship we've ever been before. (been on decks 6 & 7) Any major differences or advice? Thanks!

tkd lisa
08-30-2003, 07:31 PM
catspjs, where on deck 2 are you? We've always been on deck 7, and I'm a little worried about the location. We're wait listed for deck 7, but now that I've added the in-laws, I don't think its very likely we can move both of us up.

Our rooms are 2571 and 2573. It looks like we're under either the atrium or lumiere's. I don't think that will be too bad. I wouldn't want to be under beat street!

WDWLVR
08-30-2003, 08:17 PM
tkd lisa, That's wonderful that you have your in-laws joining you! Tell your mother-in-law that we have something in common because I'm a survivor of ovarian cancer as well!

I'll add them to the list when i get home (we're on vacation right now up at the Mall of America).

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

wdwgoose
08-31-2003, 10:08 AM
I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend. I am happy to have the extra day off work. It hasn't been a time of rest though we have been getting a new home ready for 4 of our horses (putting up pasture fencing, cleaning out the barn and so forth) Manual labor = stress reduction?? I should be really destressed when we are finished.

Lisa which areas did your MIL work? I have been in OB for 17+ years. She also has something in common with my mother, my mom has been a breast cancer survivor for 16 years. We did ask my parents to come on a cruise with us but mom won't get that far from land. She prefers to keep her feet planted firmly on ground. (she won't fly either)

Well I had better get going the fence won't put itself up and GarRy needs help.

Have a great day everyone!!

Vicki

wdwgoose
08-31-2003, 10:24 AM
WDWLVR Hey I just read page 26 and DD, DS and I will be passing through Chicago on the 14th, returning from a show in Springfield. If the site is close to the highway and we can make the time we may just stop by.

DD Vanessa says she would like to get started emailing some others her age, any one else interested?? She corrected me she would like to IM some others from the cruise - "email is tooooo slow". She does post on the teen sites as uptown_girl44.

tkd lisa
08-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Vicki: Mom primarily worked in pediatrics, but probably the last 10 years she was the night supervisor for the whole hospital. When I was pregnant with DD and taking pre-natal exercise classes sponsored by the hospital, you should have seen the nurses who ran the class when I said I was Diane Sanders DIL! Man, was she one respected woman!

Mary: Glad to hear you're also on the survivor list. The ovarian and breast cancer were found just as Mom was nearing retirement, when I was pregnant with DD (hard to believe it was almost 12 years ago!). She worked all the way through the radiation treatments, because she couldn't let her nurses down during the holidays (diagnosed just before Thanksgiving, treatment ended just before New Years). Enjoy the Mall of America. I used to go there for work alot before the mall was built. Went a few times after it opened, then changed programs and haven't been back for probably 8 years.

GaRry: I also thought of another common link. My FIL and my husband were both marines. Dad was in WW2 and Korea (he earned the purple heart in WW2 and was at the Chosin Reservoir in Korea). Semper Fi for both of them!

Hope everyone has a good holiday! Lisa

tkd lisa
09-01-2003, 09:04 AM
Bump, everyone must be enjoying the holiday!

paulcrsb
09-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Nope - Had to work!

Paul

jilljill
09-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Just back from the beach and helping mom & dad buy a new van.
Hard to believe we booked this cruise over 2 months ago - time sure has flown by.

gail1771
09-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Hell to all. We are back from our Disney 4 night Wonder cruise and WDW. The cruise was awesome. My daughter Emily ended up being sick part of the crusie which was a bummer for her and DH who stayed with her in the cabin most of the cruise. I enjoyed the ship. I can't wait to go back so DD and DH can enjoy and share the magic. I can't believe we have to wait over a year to go again. WDW was great. We had great weather on the crusie and at WDW. It did not rain on the crusie and very little at WDW. We did get to eat at Palo's and I spoke to the Manager on how to book our brunch. He gave me all the info to do so when it gets closer to the crusie. We are getting into pin trading.

Mary the newsletter came out beautiful.

Anyway, wanted to say hello to all and I hope you all enjoyed your Labor Day weekend. Talk to you soon. Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Gail,

Welcome back! So glad to hear that you enjoyed the cruise. Sorry to hear about your DD - hope she's feeling better or will soon. Thanks for looking into booking the brunch. I'm really looking forward to it.

We were gone this weekend so I've got to update all my notes and re-read some of this thread (I was skim reading while on the road) :)

Kabuli1
09-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Vicki and GaRry, I'd love to have you join us for the first meet of the cruise on the 14th! As well as anyone else in the Chicago area. We're planning to meet about 1 pm somewhere becasue Randy (my DH) is a church organist and he will be playing that morning. We were talking about Schaumburg - but that might be too far north for you. It's fine w/ us if we have to go south so that you can join us - it's just a lot farther for WDWLVR - so they'd have to let you know what they think about that.

I'm still in Canton MI - we'll leave for home as soon as Randy wakes up.

Gail! Glad you had a "wonder"ful time, sorry about your DD! I missed you! I was going to ask you to pick something us for me on the ship - but totally forgot.

It's been fun to see new people joining us! tdk lisa and catspjmas since you've recently booked - did they tell you how close to capacity our cruise is?

So the summer is officially if not actually over and we're all headed back into our normally scheduled programming! I hope everybody has a MAGICal week.

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Vicki, what highways will you be on. I'm sure we can find something close to where you'll be. We picked the Schaumburg area because it is midway between Karyn and I (and I'm not a downtown person) but we can certainly pick another location.

Karyn, good to see you checking in. Have a safe ride home.

We're back from our long weekend and back to work we go.

tkd lisa
09-02-2003, 07:24 AM
Gail: Sorry to hear your DD was sick. Did you have trip insurance? If so, it's probably worth filing a claim. Our DD had the "cruise ship virus" on our Jan cruise. We filed a claim, and got about 2/3 of the cruise price back. We had the insurance through Disney, called them when we got back. They sent us a couple of forms that we filled in and about 6 weeks later we got a check.

Glad you're back, and everyone is recovering.

Lisa

Mjasp
09-02-2003, 09:50 AM
Lisa...Someone is asking just that about cruise insurance on another thread. Maybe you could post there, as there question is...Do you get reimbursed if you are sick and quarantined? It happened to them in March and they are curious about how to file the claim.

Joanna

tkd lisa
09-02-2003, 11:06 AM
Joanna, I'll bop over there and give my two cents worth (in our case it was more like $1400 worth lol).

gail1771
09-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by tkd lisa
Gail: Sorry to hear your DD was sick. Did you have trip insurance? If so, it's probably worth filing a claim. Our DD had the "cruise ship virus" on our Jan cruise. We filed a claim, and got about 2/3 of the cruise price back. We had the insurance through Disney, called them when we got back. They sent us a couple of forms that we filled in and about 6 weeks later we got a check.

Glad you're back, and everyone is recovering.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Thank you for the info. I can't believe we did not take the insurance for the first time ever. We have both sets of grandparents around to take care of my son when we went away and I never thought my children would get so sick over the summertime. There is always a first and a lesson to be learned. I could write Disney Cruise Line and see if they would give me a voucher toward a future cruise but it is unlikely without the trip insurance. I guess I could try sending a letter.

Hi Karyn, I would love to join you all on the 1/31/04 Western cruise but my hubby and I are taking a cruise alone without the kids for 10 days 2/13/04-2/23/04 on Celebrity Summit out of Ft. Lauderdale Florida. My in laws are taking my daughter in Florida and my son is staying with my parents and babysitter at home. We are very excitied about going and it is already booked with air.
We will just have to wait for 12/18/04 for the magic to begin again.

David, I tried e mailing you yesterday and today and I am not sure if you got it as I was having a problem with optonline. net. I got you a limited edition Disney 2003 Cruise pin. E mail me when you get a chance.

Hi Vicky, How was your charity function??? I got a call from a small hospital near us to go back to work. I'm not sure what floor it is for. I am waitting for them to call me back. I will let you know.

Talk to you all later. Emily starts first grade tomorrow and we are on our way out for a special day together before school starts. Gail1771

tksbaskets
09-02-2003, 12:23 PM
Hey Mary,
I tried to look at the newsletter and it said I need a password. Can I get in a peak??

Teresa

Christmas2004
09-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Kabuli1

I'd love to have you join us for the first meet of the cruise on the 14th! As well as anyone else in the Chicago area. We're planning to meet about 1 pm somewhere... We were talking about Schaumburg - but that might be too far north for you. It's fine w/ us if we have to go south so that you can join us - it's just a lot farther for WDWLVR - so they'd have to let you know what they think about that.

Karyn

Ooooh, I'm torn. We're going to be in Joliet for a family wedding on the 13th, but we're going to be downstate during the day on the 14th for a family reunion. Too bad the Chicagoland meet isn't going to be in the evening on the 14th... I could make it. But I think my in-laws would be steamed if I punted the family reunion for this... especially since we haven't told our family yet that we're booked for this cruise.

Any chance for brunch on Saturday?

catspjmas
09-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Wow, you Christmas cruisers are all so creative! We won't be able to make the lunch in Schaumburg (although it sounds fun but if you need any restaurant ideas, I live about 15 min. from there and have many to offer!). That day our family will actually be celebrating my birthday...wish I was celebrating on the Magic! It sure will be special sharing the holiday season- last year we did Epcot right after Christmas and saw the "Candlelight Processional"...was that ever beautiful! Disney really does know how to make things extra magical for families!

P.S...Was someone making t-shirts??? We would be interested in those! How festive! :)

Donalds_best_pal
09-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Glad to hear you made it back from your cruise gail. Sorry to hear your daughter was sick. I have been away from the board for a while because I cant stand reading these boards and getting all excited, then having to wait over a year! LOL
TTYL
Matt

WDWLVR
09-03-2003, 07:30 AM
Hey Mary,
I tried to look at the newsletter and it said I need a password. Can I get in a peak??

Teresa

Teresa - sent you a pm!

WDWLVR
09-03-2003, 07:34 AM
OK everyone I need your help. The next newsletter is going to feature an article on Key West. We were there on our May cruise and had a great time so I've got plenty of pictures and info to use for the article, but that is going to get real boring if all you hear is my opinion. So if you've been to Key West before (on a cruise or not) drop me an e-mail with your opinions. Best excursion, favorite place to shop, any out of the way places most people don't know about. If you would like to include a picture that would be great!

I hope to start working on the nest issue this weekend and release it on October 1st so please get your info to me soon.

The e-mail address is marygums@covad.net

Come and share your Key West memories with everyone to get us ready for the first stop on our 10 day cruise!

Also if you have any other suggestions of things you'd like to see in the newsletter drop me a line. This is for all of us!

wdwgoose
09-03-2003, 08:14 AM
anyone getting a worm or something?????????
having lots of trouble with computer at home!!!!!!!!!!!!
yesterday had 215 total viruse e mails help anyone else have this trouble?????????
not sure what to do ????????????? but working on it all else fells THE SHOP so if some sent us e mails the last few days did not get it also have not sent any

gaRry :mad: :mad: :mad:

mdvasquez
09-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Mary,
I have tried reading the newsletter several times, but get the same message as Teresa. What do I do? We do not have aol.
Thanks!
Dena

WDWLVR
09-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by mdvasquez
Mary,
I have tried reading the newsletter several times, but get the same message as Teresa. What do I do? We do not have aol.
Thanks!
Dena

Dena - PM sent

To anyone else reading. If I didn't get your info via e-mail or pm you didn't get the distribution e-mail with the password. A number of you have asked since then and it has been e-mailed to you. Please if you want to be included in the distribution I need your e-mail address and would like to have the other information as well (cabin number, names of who is sailing, birthdays, anniversaries, and special comments (# of cruises, DVC, etc.)).

The newsletter is password protected so that the information and e-mail addresses are kept to those going on the cruise. It was done by others doing cruise newsletters and suggested to me. Especially with kids exchanging e-mails we would like to not have those addresses public. Please keep the password private.

I'm really hoping that the newsletter will be a great way for all of us to get to know each other. Please let me know if you have stories, pictures, etc. to share with everyone.

Any questions please do not hesitate to drop me a line.

two4ruff
09-03-2003, 12:26 PM
GaRry-

Our computer just recovered...knock wood! We were getting blank emails every 6 minutes and lots of "returned" emails that I had never sent...After numerous virus scans and calls to our server, we discovered someone out there had the SoBig virus that takes over their address book that contained our address so....until they figured out the problem and cleaned their computer there was nothing we could do but delete 200+ emails a day! There was no way to track were they were coming from as they contained no return address. FINALLY, just yesterday they stopped.

Hope yours stop soon - Good luck,
jill

gail1771
09-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by two4ruff
GaRry-

Our computer just recovered...knock wood! We were getting blank emails every 6 minutes and lots of "returned" emails that I had never sent...After numerous virus scans and calls to our server, we discovered someone out there had the SoBig virus that takes over their address book that contained our address so....until they figured out the problem and cleaned their computer there was nothing we could do but delete 200+ emails a day! There was no way to track were they were coming from as they contained no return address. FINALLY, just yesterday they stopped.

Hope yours stop soon - Good luck,
jill

Hi Everyone,

When we got home from vacation our computer was filled with hundreds of e mails form god knows where. my DH opened up a few and we ended up getting the virus in a bad way. I could receive e mails but could not send any out. We have optonline so I installed the anti virus form Computer Associates and I think it is cleaning it up. I also cleaned up a mess in my start up area on the computer. I put a call into optonline to make sure it is all claeaned up. I was getting some funky e mails and e mail attachemnets. Hopefully this is resloved. I hope you all did not get the virus. GarRy, I hope your problem is resloved. Talk to you soon Gail1771

jilljill
09-03-2003, 10:46 PM
found us on page 2 :eek:

Donalds_best_pal
09-04-2003, 02:43 AM
Sorry guys but you might have got the sobig from me. I had gail in my address book and I got the worm. I was getting tons of the returns emails and all that junk every day for 4 days. Just keep deleting them and after a few days it will stop coming. They found the person who started this worm.
Sorry guys!
Matt
P.S Do my counters look funny to you like the time countdown? I just noticed it now says 936 days until my trip to bcv and its acutally in like 80 days. I worked before.

tkd lisa
09-04-2003, 08:38 AM
Donald, it's okay to me. Maybe your computer clock was reset with the problems you had? I think the countdown is based on something in your clock.

And good news!! My in-laws have definitely confirmed they are coming!! Woo Hoo:sunny::Pinkbounc:! I ordered them the video and information packet, and will probably slowly introduce them to the DIS. Don't want to scare them off (lol)!

When they talked about it with their friends who have taken a Panama canal cruise, the guy (who's a bit of a blow-hard) said "you don't want to do that. It's just for kids!" God love my MIL, she said "no, they have lots of separate activities because they know the adults want some time together. Lisa showed me a video from their first cruise that explained all that!"

Now why these "friends" would want to discourage my in-laws from taking about the only vacation they've ever had in their lives is beyond me, but more power to Mom for standing up to him!

WDWLVR
09-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Good for your MIL! I can't believe how much people who know nothing about something (like a DCL cruise) like to try and ruin it for others.

We are a childless couple who have sailed DCL 5 times and 3 of those times had my in-laws with us. There is plenty for adults to do on Disney!

When you get a chance drop me some info on your in-laws so I can add them to the newsletter spreadsheet. (birthdays, anniversaries, cabin, etc.) Do they have their own e-mail account or will you be showing them everything?

I'm happy they are joining us!

mdvasquez
09-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Mary, thanks for the password, I was finally able to read the newsletter. I LOVE IT! I did send you an email with my info, I hope that you got it. If not, let me know and I'll just send you another one.

We are heading out to Disney and Sea World this weekend!YEA And I just booked the BW for October 3rd to do MNNSHP.

My kids have been back in school for three weeks now and have had homework EVERY night. Even on weekends!:(

Have a great day everyone!
Dena

gail1771
09-04-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Donalds_best_pal
Sorry guys but you might have got the sobig from me. I had gail in my address book and I got the worm. I was getting tons of the returns emails and all that junk every day for 4 days. Just keep deleting them and after a few days it will stop coming. They found the person who started this worm.
Sorry guys!
Matt
P.S Do my counters look funny to you like the time countdown? I just noticed it now says 936 days until my trip to bcv and its acutally in like 80 days. I worked before.

Hi you all,
I am so sorry if I am the one who had the virus and I did not even konw it. We have the virus so bad that we had to call a computer repair shop to come fix the problem, not only am I not getting all my e mails which is a seperate virus but I was told we have had the virus that ruins our files and hard drive. I was told when this was diagnoised that we have had it for a while and it was hidden. I installed an antivirus program to prevent any more bugs coming in but we have to back up my husband's business files and my stuff before we clean up the computer so if any of you out there want to e mail me PLEASE wait to e mail me until I give you all the o.k. . If you need to get in touch with me do it through the Dishboards as I am using my daughters computer until this gets taken care of. Hopefully by this weekend it will be cleaned up. I hope you all are having a great week. I have Disney withdrawal. I am hooked on pin collecting and hope that I can make it to the holiday cruise without a Disney Cruise fix. We are going to Disney April 8-14, 2004 and staying at our Marriott time share near Sea World. So hopefully that will carry me to December 2004.

Mary, When my Virus is cleaned up I will e mail you the childrens things we did in key west last year for our cruise.

David, I have a limited edition pin from DCL 2003 for you. I will e mail you hopefully soon and our families can hook up.

Hi Karyn and Vicky and GarRy hope all is well with you all.

Have a great weedend to all. Talk to you all soon. Fondly, Gail1771

Kabuli1
09-04-2003, 11:45 AM
Hi everybody!

Gail and Matt, who knows where anyone got the virus from? You don't have to feel guilty or take the blame for it. Gail, I'm really sorry you got it so bad! Since we have DSL and are always connected we are very careful to run our antivirus daily and download all changes and definitions whenever they become available. We recently found a computer tech who does house calls - he's been helping Randy w/ upgrading his business computer - he was very surprised that we hadn't had problems w/ the worms out there.

Anybody got plans for the weekend? I think we'll be recovering from last weekend. We're repainting the main bathroom so I guess that's on our agenda.

Sunday Sept 14! Vicki and gaRry - are you joining us? We can find someplace around I 355 and I 55 - I'm assuming you're coming up I 55 to I 80, you could just come a little farther north. Can you meet us at 1 pm or so, or a bit later? Randy often works down that direction - we can find a meeting place/lunching place!

Anybody going to the Food and Wine Festival? We might be there the last weekend.

Dena - have a great time this weekend!

Karyn

Debs Hill
09-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Kabuli1:
Yes we will be there for the F+W festival! We are flying out on 1st Nov and staying at the BWV, then doing the 4 day cruise and then back to OKW. We haven't been to WDW for 2 yrs as we've been saving for this trip, so I'm really desparate for a Disney fix!! Where are you staying?

Welcome home Gail! I sent you an e-mail, I hope the virus didn't eat it!!!! How did your daughter get on at school?

Any other mums and dads with under 7's travelling on the Xmas cruise? Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to get together!
eddie.debs@virgin.net

Debsx

Kabuli1
09-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Debs, we're scheduled to be at BCV 11/13-14. Don't yet know if we can swing it, I'm interviewing for a job right now - but I sure hope it works out! Will you still be there? I'd love to meet you and yours!

Karyn

gail1771
09-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Debs Hill
Kabuli1:
Yes we will be there for the F+W festival! We are flying out on 1st Nov and staying at the BWV, then doing the 4 day cruise and then back to OKW. We haven't been to WDW for 2 yrs as we've been saving for this trip, so I'm really desparate for a Disney fix!! Where are you staying?

Welcome home Gail! I sent you an e-mail, I hope the virus didn't eat it!!!! How did your daughter get on at school?

Any other mums and dads with under 7's travelling on the Xmas cruise? Feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to get together!
eddie.debs@virgin.net

Debsx

Hi Deb. I did not get your e mail. We have someone coming Monday to fix the computer so if you get a cahnce after this Monday E mail me again-Thanx. Emily did great at school. She loves her teacher. Thank you for asking. When we were at Disney we heard a breif history of the Disney Vacation Club. We did not have time to take the tour. If you get a chance I would love to hear all about it or anyone ealse who owns can fill us in also. It looks so nice. We own two time shares through Marriott Vacation Club. We own a flex week during the winter at Marriott's Ocean Point in Palm Beach Shores, Florida and one in Orlando near sea world called Horoizns at Marriott. We are wondering if it is worth it to buy another week??? The one in Orlando I would consider getting rid of if we ever decided to go with DVC. Anyway, all input is appreciated from alll that own.

Karyn, Good luck with the job interview. I have an interview for a part time job next Tuesday at a small hospital about 7 minutes from my home. We shall see. I went to the festival in Chicago about 8 years ago in the summer and the fall. It was so much fun. I had a friend living in downtown Chicago. I love that city!!!!
Talk to you all soon-Gail1771

Talk to you all soon

Kabuli1
09-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Gail, we love DVC we've been members since 1994. And I love Chicago also. We spent alot of time downtown last summer. Most of the time, tho, we just live out in the burbs, tho! Wish you could join us for the 9/14 lunch! Thanks for the good wishes! I'm hoping I get the second interview won't know till the beginning of next week - but after that things should go quicky. If this doesn't go thru we could well be looking at moving out of this area.

Karyn

gail1771
09-05-2003, 07:12 AM
Hi Karyn, I will say my prayers for you this weekend for the 2nd interview. I was speaking to someone at WDW who told me to call Vero Beach that it was cheaper to buy directly from them instead of DV??? I am going to look into it just to find out the cost. Have a great weekend-Fondly Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Gail, We've been DVC members since Jan. 2000 and love it. We've cruised twice on points including a cruise last February that was for DVC members only.

You can often get points cheaper through a resale and if you need a reference to a resale broker I have a good one for you. Just drop me a line and I'll fill in you.

Both times we bought direct from Disney and now own 300 points at Boardwalk and 100 at Vero. If you believe in Magic you belong!

Plus if you join before we sail you can come to the DVC member part with us on the Magic! Ok not much as far as a party, but it is a fun way to spend an hour and you get a chance at some gifts!

edited to add - forgot you can't e-mail me. Send me a pm!

Kabuli1
09-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Gail, thanks for the thoughts and prayers - but they called and told me I wasn't being considered for a second interview. SIGH Well there is another job there (at a very entry level) that they will consider me for - and here's the good part, my DH Randy k ows the Director who will be hiring for the job very very well! He's been tuning her piano for 25 years. He called her this morning and she said she looked forward to meeting me - so I know I will get the interview with her. I think . . . anyway I should be called early next week on that one as well. Less pay - but only about 4 blocks from home, the comute will be fairly reasonable - walking! Again I appreciate all the good wishes and prayers right now - this is very crucial for us.

Gail, good luck on your interview!

Karyn

djs113
09-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Gail,

got your email and yes thanks alot for the pin.

We definitely need to hook up soon, and we can talk pin trading.

Pin sites that you need to know about are:

www.pinpics.com

the bible of the pin industry - shows almost every pin Disney has ever made - you can trade with people around the country via this site

www.dizpins.com

shows pins as they come out each day at all the parks, cruises, stores etc...

also has chat boards like this one to discuss pins, trading etc...

Gail... let me know when your computer is fixed

or give me a call

- David

Donalds_best_pal
09-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Did you guys here of the accident at DL today? I couldnt believe as me and my family go on it all the time. Thanks for seeing about my countdown, what happened it wasnt working correctly since I was looking at it on my new Apple. I am on my pc laptop right now and its fine. I cant wait until this cruise, even though i have said it millions of times! lol My trip to disney world is coming up soon so I am excited about that.
matt

WDWLVR
09-06-2003, 06:23 AM
Matt,

Yes I heard about the tragic accident at Disneyland. How sad. :( For me what makes it even sadder is that Big Thunder was a ride I got to do a soft opening on. I was working with (not for) Disney at the time and while on vacation got signed into the park and given tickets that were good on any ride (this was back in the days of the A,B,C,D,E tickets). My Disney contact told us of this new ride that was opening and if we would be at the ride at a certain time we'd get to ride! It was great fun!

The families of those hurt are in my prayers and I hope they figure out quickly what happened so they can prevent it in the future.

We have two trips to Disney planned between now and the cruise, you can bet that when we are at WDW this Christmas time that I'll be thinking one year ahead til cruise time!

WDWLVR
09-06-2003, 02:50 PM
Vickie - sent you a PM about joining us for lunch on the 14th.

Anyone else going to be near the Chicago area on the 14th that would like to join the first meet of the 2004 Christmas Cruisers?

tkd lisa
09-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Woo Hoo! I'm officially logged in on our new computer!

Our house was hit by lightning the first of August, and it fried the modem card in our PC (which was about 5 years old). We couldn't find a replacement modem that fit inside, and we'd been thinking about getting a new one, so Dude, we got a Dell. It did take 3 days to coordinate the delivery (oh the joys of living 50 miles from any distribution point!, and not on the way to anywhere!) but it's here now!

Debs Hill
09-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Karyn:
We will be at BWV from 1st Nov until 8th Nov and then on the cruise from 9th -12th Nov and then at Portoino Bay for 3 nights so it looks as though we will just miss each other. Please keep in touch though as it would be great to get to know each other before the xmas cruise.

Gail: I have re-sent the e-mail, hope it arrives! In short I cannot recommend DVC enough, it was the best thing we ever did! Any specific questions feel free to ask! We now own 250pts at BWV and 50 at Vero Beach..........now considering Saratoga!!!!!

Speak to you soon!
eddie.debs@virgin.net

Debsx

Kabuli1
09-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Debs, we will overlap in Orlando - maybe we could meet you over at the CityWalk for a drink or dinner on the 13th or 14th.

I was just about to bump this up myself - we were getting to the bottom of the 2nd page! What's up with that?

Anyone else joining the 9/14 meet in Chicago - please pm or email either Mary or myself!

Karyn

wdwgoose
09-07-2003, 09:14 AM
HI all

wow have the posts been adding up. I was 3 pages behind. I look forwrd to meeting everyone in Chicago next weekend. I pm'd WDWLVR with the route we will be on. GarRy will not be with me on the trip. He is driving down Monday with our horse & that of a friend and then flying home. The friend will fly down and drive horses back which works for both of us. (cheap flight too -39.00 one way)

Gail glad to hear you made it safely back form your trip:D , just sorry to hear DD was ill. :(

TDKLisa, I/we look forward to meeting your in-laws. Garry worked with a Marine that was a one of the "Chosin frozen", your FIL may know him, Mike Simonelli, from Monroe Michigan. Garry said there were not too many survivors. It would be an honor to meet another survivor.

Well time to get busy. Lots to do today. Oh the "joy" of getting ready for a horse show!!

Hope everyone has a great week.

Vicki :wave: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:

WDWLVR
09-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Karyn & Vicki - sent you both an e-mail with a possible plan for the 14th. Let me know if you didn't get it.

The Disney Cruise show on the travel channel starts in just a few minutes. That and my scrapbooks will have to hold me over until we cruise next Christmas :)

two4ruff
09-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Vicki-
How I miss the "joys"of getting ready for a horse show! I lost my mare after 25 years this year to founder and I'm surprised how much I miss even the simple things like grooming and the stress of shows.
Sigh, maybe someday I'll be ready to start again!

Enjoy your weekend!

Jill

Christmas2004
09-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Mary... the final plans for the DIS meet are being exchanged via PM. Just to confirm, is it still scheduled for early afternoon on the 14th? 'cause if it's in the evening, we could join you as well.

- H

WDWLVR
09-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Christmas - yes we're looking at an early afternoon (say 1:30) frame. If you can't make that one I'm sure we'll be getting together some other time between now and our sailing date :)

wdwgoose
09-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Mary - I got the e-mail I should be able to find the place. I will be talking to GarRy between now and then so if the site changes just pm or email the info.

Jill what breed did you show? We have 7 half arabians, this weekend is the National Show Horse Finals. (Arabian/Saddlebred crossbreed). Mo is our only horse going this weekend.

Time to get to grandma's for the September birthday clelbration. My DF, DM, DS, myself, and nephew have birthdays this month.

Have a great week all!!!

jilljill
09-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Vicki,
When are all your Sept. b'days in the family? Mine is today. One down and one more to go before the cruise. I so wish it was this year :)

two4ruff
09-07-2003, 10:25 PM
I had two half arabs also, mother and daughter. In two years I lost one to sand colic and the other to cronic founder. I had my mare since I was in junior high. I showed mainly in halter and in competitive distance trail riding. Someday when my boys are a little older and I'm not so tied up in their activities, I hope to start again.

Good luck in the Finals! Wow!

Happy Birthday to you and jilljill!

Jill

jilljill
09-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by two4ruff
[BHappy Birthday to you and jilljill!

Jill [/B]
Jill,
Thanks for the b'day wishes!

WDWLVR
09-08-2003, 09:00 AM
Happy Belated Birthday jilljill. Guess I should read the newsletter more often as I put it in there and then forgot :)

Hope it was a happy one!

Kabuli1
09-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Ok! The first meet for the Christmas 2004 Cruise will be this Sunday in the Chicago area. We will be meeting at the Wildfire restaurant in the Oakbrook Center Mall at about 1 pm (time subject to change). We're a small group - Mary and Mark, Randy and I, Vicki and DD and maybe my DD as well. I promise, Mary and I will make plans to have another meet in the Fall in the Schaumburg area for the rest of our Chicago family! Please let either of us know some possible dates! Any of you visiting our area in Oct/Nov that would want to join us?

If any plans have changed, and anyone else can join us on Sunday please contact me!

I am really looking forward to this!

Karyn

jilljill
09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
Happy Belated Birthday jilljill. Guess I should read the newsletter more often as I put it in there and then forgot :)

Hope it was a happy one!
Thanks Mary, I will forgive you for not reading your newsletter. :eek: :D

I forgot to tell you about a shop/factory in Key West that my mom and I really like, it is the Kino Sandal Co., aka Key West Sandal Co. It is very close to the port area on a small side street. The sandals range in price from $7.- $20. I have a pair that I bought in '82 that I still wear. I will try and get the address for you.

tkd lisa
09-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Bump, we were at the bottom of page 2.

I have decided to get the deluxe passporter cruise edition. MIL asked what I wanted for my bday, and that's the only thing I can think of that I'm missing right now.

Hope everyone's well!

WDWLVR
09-09-2003, 08:39 AM
Lisa, the deluxe Passporter sounds nice. I just have the regular and love it!

We are all going to be so prepared by the time this cruise comes!

gail1771
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone. We finally got our computer back from the doctor . The virus is all gone. Yeah!!!! I also have my own e mail address for all it is gail17@optonline.net. Everyone who has my e mail please change it to this one. I was using my husbands e mail address.
Mary, I would appreciate it if you could change my e mail for the next newsletter as an update for all that want to join us for brunch at Palo's. If you could also e mail me the brokers name and address for the Disney Club again I would appreciate it as I lost it when the computer was being fixed.

Hi Deb-Sorry I missed all your e mails. When you get a chance try to e mail me at my new e mail address.

Hi Karyn, When you get a chance e mail me and let me know how the interviews are going??? I just got your pm. I tried to pm you but it came back that your pm box was full. When you get a chance e mail me.

David, I emailed you.

Hi Vicki, How was the charity function and horse shows going????

I am so excitied that I can go on line again.

I hope you all are having a great day. Talk to you soon-Fondly Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Just giving us a bump up to page 1.

Gail - I sent you an e-mail regarding the resale agent for your Disney Vacation Club points.

Vicki & Karyn - looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!

Happy Wednesday all!

Kabuli1
09-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Mary! Thanks for the bump! Also, Mary, I'd like to say that I so appreciate your kindness and thoughtfullness for each post you make. I see you all over the boards talking about so many things and I always know I'll find well thought out responses and always get information that I didn't have! I'm so thrilled we're going to get to meet this weekend!

There are so many people going on the Christmas cruise that are already becoming special to me and I think this is going to be the basis of some lifelong friendships! Wow. Vicki - I haven't heard back from you, but we want to meed you and your DD!

Gail, and the rest of you, are you sure you can't head on out to Chi Town this weekend???

I'm going thru a very tough time with the job situation and this board is my lifeline right now! An update on that front I did have a very good interview yesterday with a followup tomorrow - it would be doing something I wasn't ever planning on doing - but the pay is good and I would learn new skills. Anyone w/ any thoughts on this feel free to pm me - or email at kabuli1@aol.com - you can always find me there - it's my AIM name as well. I'm going to go clean out me pm box!

I trust everyone is doing well and is having a great week - remember it's not to late to join us on Sunday!

Karyn

WDWLVR
09-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks Karyn, that's very kind. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys on Sunday. These boards are wonderful for getting to meet and know people before we cruise with them. It really helped in making the DVC Member Cruise special to us.

I have also felt that being a good member of a community (like the DIS) means sharing with others. So if I can help someone (especially someone) new with my experience I am more than happy to.

I have a few new ideas for the web page I want to run past you and Vicki on Sunday!

Donalds_best_pal
09-10-2003, 01:53 PM
I havent posted for a while but just wanted to say hey. I am actually sitting on my laptop in Social Science right now! SHH lol. I am so excited we havent been to disney in a year and half, thats a long time for us. LOL! We are going in 74 days I think. I am so excited sine I can bring a friend with me for first time, its also our first time there as DVC members. I still dont know how I can wait until 12/04 to get back on my special ship!:cool: Well better start paying attention in class.
TTYL
Matt

Dancind
09-10-2003, 02:21 PM
LOL Matt, I'm telling! Hope my DD never figures out how to get that technology. I haven't been posting much because I don't live anywhere near Chicago. Any other non-Chicago area DIS'ers out there that are still excited about this cruise? I guess we need to help keep the thread alive too. Diana

tkd lisa
09-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Diana: We're excited! And I don't live anywhere near Chicago anymore. Used to live in Indy, but So. Md is a long way from Chicago.

We watched the Travel Channel special and taped it. My DH just keeps saying I'm nuts! But I'm just getting prepared!

Dancind
09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
I'm mad at myself for missing the Travel Channel show. I wonder if it's going to be on again? Seems like the Travel Channel recycles all their programs, should be on sometime in the next year anyway. Diana

tkd lisa
09-10-2003, 04:26 PM
There was another thread on this a couple of days ago. Apparently you can check the info on-line to see what's coming up?

Although I did watch and tape it, it wasn't that spectacular of a show. The first part is mostly how the ship was made (if you've been on DCL before, they have that info running on the in-room TV a lot, so I'd seen it). They did a bit of stuff on how the ship works, which was kind of neat, and then a bit of stuff on Castaway Cay.

But any little thing that keeps up the excitement is good for me.

WDWLVR
09-10-2003, 05:48 PM
Hey - just because we Chicago people are getting together doesn't me we don't care about the rest of you. Please join in, share things, I say we rock this board with posts until the minute we all leave to meet on the ship!

gail1771
09-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Hello to all. I agree with Mary. We are from Long Island, NY and we cant wait until 12/18/04 to arrive. We decided to go back to WDW April 2004 and stay at our Marriott Timeshare offsite near Sea World. We will need a little fix before the cruise. We wanted to take the 4 day sailing 4/4/04 but it was to expensive(holiday week)We are going to look into Disney Vcation Club.
Mary, thanks for the info.
I am looking forward to meeting you all.
GarRy and Vicky, We booked the Radission for the night before the cruise so we will be joining you.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Fondly, Gail1771:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

WDWLVR
09-10-2003, 06:43 PM
I've seen comments about cliques on other posts and I don't want anyone to feel that way on this thread. I hope everyone joins in and shares info either on the board itself or via the newsletter. My goal for the newsletter is to bring us all together before we cruise so that when we board the ship we not only have our families with us (who we will spend most of our time with), but also some friends that we can run into at port, or go on an excursion with, have brunch with, or just smile at each other as we walk past up on deck.

I hope that other groups get a chance to get together as well either at Disney (anyone going to be there Dec 2-6th?) or near your home. If you do get together please share it with us with posts and pictures.

Dancind
09-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Gail, we are DVC members. I highly recommend it! We even took our first cruise on points, and I'm renting out about 400 points to help pay for this cruise. PM me if you've got any questions. Diana

paulcrsb
09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Hello All!

I'm still here. I've been a little preoccupied with next months trip to WDW and cruise. I'm still keeping up with this thread , however.

Chicago is just a bit too far for us to meet up with you guys. You know, you are always welcome here in Oregon!

Paul

gail1771
09-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Gail, we are DVC members. I highly recommend it! We even took our first cruise on points, and I'm renting out about 400 points to help pay for this cruise. PM me if you've got any questions. Diana

Hi Diana,

I just PM you. when you get a chance I gave you my e mail address and you can fill me in on all the info on DVC.

You all are welcome to come to our home if you ever are in NYC or on Long Island, NY.
Talk to you all soon. Gail1771:Pinkbounc

TnRobin
09-10-2003, 09:28 PM
I've seen comments about cliques on other posts and I don't want anyone to feel that way on this thread.

No Mary, these DIS meet thread are not cliques. They are actually the opposite if you ask me. They are a great place to meet new people.

Sorry I haven't been posting here lately. I have been ...um..... busy. But I have been trying to keep up. I promise.

Thanks MArk for the update on the website. The newsletter is awesome. I can't wait until next year.

WDWLVR
09-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Robin, I jwas just talking in reference to that for a while it was only the Chicago people talking about getting together. I didn't want the others on the Christmas cruise to think we were trying to be a clique. I totally agree that these threads are great ways to get together. Sorry if I was confusing!

MarkRG
09-10-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi Robin, now what could you possibly be busy with? :p And did you get my totally unrelated pm?

Now, to set something straight: credit for the xmas cruise website is 99.9% Mary's. The only part I have had in it is getting it uploaded and linked to the rest of the website.

wdwgoose
09-10-2003, 10:02 PM
OKAY Ibeen gone awhile still tired long drive work long days
computer working better dw still has a bug or 2 in it
YES dw & dd still doing brunch just not @ palos yet :)
can I get home addresses for the ones doing wildfire ????????
I have something I think you'all will enjoy :~))))))
would like tou to get it before the meet???????????
pm or e mail or I have one phone # ?????????
NOW sorry i'm behind on my list did i get fired ??????????
well no pink slip in my in box soooo guess not ??????
paul just saw you wow well you looked about 2 years younger

tnrobin i foregive you this time and many more :~)))}}}))
I'll send out the stuff hoping first thing in morning need addresses

tkd lisa
09-11-2003, 07:40 AM
At the risk of going off on a tangent, and since I tend to forget simple things like where people are from, can we talk about where you all live and if it's starting to feel like fall there? I know lots of people don't put their location in their user info for various reasons, but if you feel comfortable sharing on the thread, please join in. I travel quite a bit on business, and maybe I could set up a mini-meet if I'm near you!

We live in Southern Maryland, which is about as far straight south of Washington DC as you can get before dropping into the Chesapeake Bay. Our weather out here can be quite extreme (I grew up in Indiana, so I'm used to "normal" weather patterns.)

Right now, we're having low 60s in the mornings, with mid 70s at the highest. Kids are going to school in t shirts and jeans, no jackets yet! Wouldn't be surprised to see it warm back up to 70s at night mid-80s in the day sometime the end of the month.

How about you?

Lisa

WDWLVR
09-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Lisa - great idea. Well as you know I'm from the Chicago area. The weather here has been great lately. Some cool nights and the days are still getting into the 80's. Saw a number of kids going to the local high school in shorts yesterday! (good thing it wasn't formal night) :)

Fall is my favorite time of year as long as it is a dry fall. I love crunchy leaves while walking. Nothing ruins fall faster for me than a nasty rain storm that takes all the leaves off the trees and plasters them to the ground. Not to mention that nothing is as slippery for driving than wet leaves!

Really hope the future brings you into the Chicago area so that we can meet!

tkd lisa
09-11-2003, 08:29 AM
Oh, fall leaves! We haven't seen them here in about 3 years. Our last two summers were horribly dry and everything was off the trees by the first of July! Try teaching Cub Scouts to identify trees (and poison ivy!) at camp when there aren't any leaves!

Everything here is still VERY green, since we had about 6 times the normal rainfall this summer. Our leaves don't typically change here until late October, so we have a ways to go.

I doubt I'll get up Chicago way. I typically visit Philadelphia, Ft. Worth, and northern Florida. I used to have a contractor near the Chicago airport and would go about once a month.

mdvasquez
09-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while, I am busy trying to keep up with my Halloween 2003 posts. But every couple of days I lurk over here to keep up with the reading.

LISA: We live in Sebastian FL which is exactly an hour south of the cruise terminal.:p And for you DVC members we are about 10 minutes from VB. Our weather here has been what else but HOT AND HUMID. It's September, what else is it supposed to be like?!;)

We just were out at MK this weekend. We went to Night of Joy which was being threated by a Tropical Storm. Fortunately we did not get ANY RAIN for the time we were in the park!!:Pinkbounc I also just bought tickets for the OCT 3rd MNNSHP! And made ressies at the BW. Cant wait!!
If anyone plans on coming to FL anytime before the cruise and wants to meet, let me know when and I'll see if we can work it out.

DIANA: I just sent you a PM.

Have a great day everyone!
Dena:p

Keeping families and friends affected by 9/11 in my thoughts and prayers today.

gail1771
09-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Hi Everyone. We live in Syosset, New York. It is on Long Island about 45 minutes by car or train to NYC. Our weather started off terrible in June. July was beautiful. August was ok. Since after Labor day the weather has been so beautiful. Mid 70's sometimes low 80's and a slight breeze. I love this time of year. I read in the Farmer's Almanac that this winter is suppose to be worse than last years for our area. I hope they are wrong. Last years winter was enough to last me for many years. Anyway if anyone is ever in our area e mail me and we can try to get together. Hope you all have a great day. Gail1771

tkd lisa
09-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Gail, didn't realize where you were on Long Island. I used to visit Bethpage all the time for work. It is a beautiful place in the fall and spring (my favorite times of year to be there!) You did have a bad winter last year. Good to learn more about you. Lisa

Dancind
09-11-2003, 12:30 PM
Gail, I hope Isabel doesn't wonder up your way! One good thing about our December cruise, we won't have to worry about hurricanes. My city, Albuquerque, is a desert city at the foot of a mountain. It's hot and dry in the summer, and winters are pretty mild, maybe a couple of snow days. The Fall weather is the best of the year, 70's and sunny most days. That's why they have the Balloon Fiesta here. So how come I want to move to FL? It's not close enough to the Mouse! Diana

wdwgoose
09-11-2003, 09:05 PM
OKAY
got it mailed should be at your house on saturday???????
hope you like it and enjoy it. so when you look at the timer and see you have 456 days to this will make the time seem alot longer.
vicki still looking to meet. the show is over on saturday so they will have plenty of time to get there. she did not take my hat so she will not be easy to spot. most likly do the cell phone thing.
wish I could make it. but must work sunday mr. bush comes to town on monday.
well all have a good night work on friday to.

WDWLVR
09-12-2003, 07:07 AM
Thanks gaRry - can't wait to see what you send. Looking forward to meeting this weekend - wish you could join us.

For our East Coast cruising friends - prayers and pixie dust heading your way that Isabel doesn't do too much damage. Take care!

tkd lisa
09-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Diane: I really think Alburquerque (I know that's not spelled right!!) is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen! When I was about 13, my family took a western vacation where we drove across the southwest, came up to Denver and came home across I-70. Even that long ago, I thought your town was the place I'd love to live! Something about coming out of the very hot dessert into the cool breezes in the mountains just seemed right!

I hope everyone enjoys the Chicago meet. Looking forward to hearing how it went! Have a great weekend everyone!

Is anyone going to be on cruise chat this evening? Our computer is finally hooked up, so I'm going to try to make it.

WDWLVR
09-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Lisa - DH (MarkRG) usually does cruise chat every Friday. I try to bop in once in a while. I may try to drop in tonight as well. Its been a few weeks.

MarkRG
09-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Yes, friday night is CRUISE CHAT!!!!!!

Some small instructions: If you're using Internet Expolorer, you should download the chat plugin. It works better than the other methods of joining chat.

To do this, you just need to click on the link below. When you do so, a box will pop up asking what you want to do with it. Make sure the 'save this program to disk' button is picked and click ok.

Then another box wil pop up. Make sure the pulldown at the top of the box says 'Desktop' and click save.

Now you will need to close the browser and you'll find an icon on your desktop called 'msichat install' just double click it and ok any boxes that pop up and it'll install it for you.

You can put the msichat install in the trash once it's done installing, you don't need it any further.
Link to download:
Click to download the chat client for Internet Explorer (http://www.globalchat.com/nativeclient/msichat_install.exe)

Now, once you have that done, you need to make a login, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure you can login ok. The chat room is always there, even when there is no organized event.

To make a login, just follow this link(and remember to write down the name and password!!): Click HERE to make a new account (http://198.65.141.55/chat/data/html/user/addnewuser.shtml)

Once that's done, you can now login! Put in your username and password, then click the pulldown and pick use ichat plugin if you installed or, if you did not or can't install it, try each one in descending order from the list until you have one that you can connect properly with and you're done!

Click HERE to join chat!!!! (http://198.65.141.55/chat/world/html/login.html)

Dancind
09-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Mark, thanks for the explanation. I always wondered about that. I might try it tonight.

Wow, Lisa, you make me want to live in Albuquerque! Oh wait, I do. Well, you must have come through in the Fall, because that's about the only time we have cool breezes. Last summer we had days and days of 110 degree weather, and spring breezes are more like gale force winds. It is real pretty when you drive in, because you're driving into a valley from any direction. Just don't do that during rush hour.

Chicagoans, have a great meet. Wish we all could join you, but we'll meet you on the ship. Diana

gail1771
09-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone. All of you who live in the Chicago area have a great time together. I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Gail1771

WDWLVR
09-12-2003, 08:36 PM
Cruise chat is fun - hope to see some of you there!

wdwgoose
09-12-2003, 10:33 PM
chat night I made it first one in a long time. some lost friends

wdwgoose
09-12-2003, 10:41 PM
good night all lots of things to get up to date on.

chat night was nice lots of good memories NICE

dreams all

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :p

WDWLVR
09-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Hey Dec. 2004 cruisers - found this great map that shows our ports of call. Enjoy!

http://monorailgreen.info/Xmas2004Cruise/10daymap.jpg

wdwgoose
09-13-2003, 09:55 PM
okay I see the mail man came for some one .... not me no picture guess just look for the lime green pina colatas??????
video from beanoC nice guy just alittle different ;`=)
okay I did not go to chicago nope not me just dw & dd
she gets to sing for mr. bush on monday. hes coming to monroe mi. must make sure I spend the day with my babies
sure not going anywhere with him in town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cann't get there from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well meet still on yes will pass on all info. so now you know what she looks like dd is taller than her .
keep the videos just copies. but they are soooo nice. gets me in the mood too start packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope to get up to speed on all my list and the raddison list soon.

good night all will check board at 0800.

Kabuli1
09-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks gaRry!

I've been gone all day - but I'm going to go pop my surprise in the vcr right now and ENJOY! I'm really looking forward to meeting Vicki and your DD. AND I will be bringing my DD as well! We'll miss you, lets try for thanksgiving in MI!

Karyn

tksbaskets
09-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Mary - I love the map. Where did you find it? I'd love to have one for my scrapbook and refridge door (incentive to stick to weight watchers!)

Teresa

WDWLVR
09-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Teresa,

Found the picture in the latest issue of Port Canaveral magazine. It also had San Juan on it with a red star (since the article was about all the new ports) but Mark took it out.

All you have to do to grab the photo is right click on it and do save picture as.

I'm going to put a copy up on the web page too, but not until tonight or later.

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 07:36 AM
that is nice scotth got a very nice map from last cruise. the plot map of the cruise, not sure but final cost about 2k
well I see you 2 early birds are up early. getting ready for the meet ?????
need more coffee. at work to day

Kabuli1
09-14-2003, 07:41 AM
gaRry, I'm always up early! I loved the video - DH had to practice (church organist - hard choir piece!) last night so he didn't get to watch it. Anyway - totally inspirational! Loved it.

Any of you out there that needs to get more excited- talk to gaRry about his video!!

Come on out and play everybody!

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend. It's a gloomy day in Chi-Town!

Karyn

wdwgoose
09-14-2003, 11:08 AM
vicki & vanessa are on there way. I did not tell her about the video. she will be surprized when you ask her about it.
WHO is doing our cruise video ?????????????????????????
beano is not coming on this cruise UNLESS someone gives up 8102 or 8602 I think cabins
well maybee i'll make post 500 ???????