PDA

View Full Version : 20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

jilljill
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
2belles'mom, yeah more good wine drinkers!!! Maybe somehow gaRry will learn to use a corkscrew on this trip ::yes:: One is never too old to learn :teeth:

Stacey glad you make it home and you are out of the snow zone now.

Hey pirate: you better watch those comments or DW will take away your corkscrew and you will have to drink screwcap wine.

jilljill
02-19-2004, 10:36 PM
G'night all.
Maybe tomorrow night after work (extremely, extremely rare for me to work an evening shift) I can help entertain the west coast folks.

WVMD
02-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Hey you better watch those comments or DW will take away your corkscrew and you will have to drink screwcap wine.

JillJill.... she's ok - as long as I don't make her drink the reds....
I'll have to see if I can figure out how to get one of my bottles of Opus one on the trip with me..... Never tried taking a bottle of wine on a flight..... :confused:

Virgil
pirate:

Donalds_best_pal
02-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Wow, I am behind. I have been so busy with that list. I cant even keep that up to date. I have so much studying tonight, that I am not evening updating again until tommorow. I feel bad for all the people waiting to be posted on there but its a hard and busy job. LOL Hope everyone here is doing good.
Have a Disney Night,
Matt

videogal1
02-19-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR

If anyone is going to be in WDW the 23rd through the 27th of May I'd love to meet you!

AWWW, too bad!
Cash and I will be there May 9 thru 22......
We'll leave a little pile of pixie dust for you at AKL.....:wave2:

dee47
02-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Count me in with the Merlot people, even if it does make me sleepy. Hmmm...is that a WA trait, 2belles'mom? :D

Speaking of 2belles'mom, we live on the Eastside, so Seattle sounds like a great meeting place for our respective locations...heh...

Can we have a WA table for dinner? :teeth: What seating are you guys?

I'm around for a while longer, so feel free to fire back.

2belles'mom
02-20-2004, 12:01 AM
Virgil, Jilljill-- I think the Washingtonians will be able to contribute some nice, NON-SCREW TOP :hyper: Washington wines...for our wine tasting...remember that???? Karen (Kabuli1) volunteered for this too... way back when...

Dee--we discussed a wine party in earlier postings, and Washington wine is a must! Since Kabuli (Karen :) ) is moving our way, she wanted some pointers on WA wine...I am sure between the two of us we can help her out!

We have the early seating, and right now we are scheduled with to sit with Gail (she and her kiddos are on vacation now--in FLORIDA!!!!). You can email her to join a table with us. I will PM you with her email. I know the benefits of a later seating, but with our kids, we would never hear the end of the "I AM STARVINGS" with the later seating!!!

WVMD
02-20-2004, 12:24 AM
I think the Washingtonians will be able to contribute some nice, NON-SCREW TOP Washington wines

YOU MEAN THEY MAKE WINE IN WASHINGTON?????
:cool1:

Actually I love some of the Washington reds I've tried.....

Oh well - almost time to go home.... been a fairly busy night in the ER....

Have a great night..

:jumping1:

Virgil
pirate:

DVC4US
02-20-2004, 06:54 AM
Hey Virgil and all you other red wine drinkers!

We like reds too and Virgil we have a couple of bottles of Opus one in our cellar. We also had a bottle on the cruise last year. Although, the reds do tend to make us sleepy but I am sure we will have some on the cruise. And for thoose of you that like champange we had a nice bottle of Cristal the other night.

Virgil - on our cruise last year we took 5 bottles of wine. We just wrapped them in bubble wrap and put them in our carry-on. I have also seen a rolling suitecase that is a bottle carrier. We are considering that right now, just trying to figure out if we can use it for other things when we return. We took so many because the wine list we could see did not have a great selection but once we were on board we found that they have a reserve list and the prices are fairly reasonable. DH likes Louis XIII cognac and on the ship it was half the price we have seen anywhere else. Because the wine list is pretty good and reasonable we are only taking a bottle or two for the cabin. BTW, how was your ski trip? DH wants to go so bad but we are going on the cruise instead.

Stacey - welcome back and glad you had a good trip. Last two days it was in the 40's here but today the rain has changed over to snow flurries.

Everyone have a good day.

LeiLani

jilljill
02-20-2004, 07:12 AM
All this wine talk is making me thirsty.

Virgil, taking bottles of wine on the plane is no problem. I brought home 4 bottles from Australia last summer.

Washington makes some very nice Rieslings that my dad and I like. I like my wine on the sweeter side.

Almost time to go pick out our flooring for the new house - It's not going to be fun. Too much to think and decide on, not to mention that DH and I are on different sides of the fence when it comes to colors and textures.

Cruisin'goose
02-20-2004, 07:27 AM
WELL GOOD MORNING ALL
now a long weekend for me to get all my this done:confused:

so whos in florida in march ???????? not sure when I'm going.
videogal1 leilani ??????

APRIL we leave on the 7th and gone almost 2 weeks.

now I see I'm posting under d w again oooooooo well;
got work to get to enjoy your day.

gaRry

tkd lisa
02-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Morning all! Anyone up for chat tonight? Love to see you there!

I'm happy to try different wines, but I'm not a red fan. White zinfidel is about as red as I get! The in-laws are cheap wine fans. They used to make their own, and the sweeter the better! I can remember them pulling a glass off the top of the fermenting thing and putting sweetner in it! Now it's usually just a box of white zinfidel in the fridge all the time. That's probably going to be our contribution to the party. No corkscrew required!

I think we'll try the wine tasting this cruise though. Anyone want to try for a group wine tasting (official like, not on deck 7!)?

WDWLVR
02-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Good morning all! Grey and raining here in Chicagoland. The good news is its warm enough that the snow is melting away. So hopefully the rain will get rid of the rest becuase it is no longer white and fluffy, but nasty looking!

So glad its Friday. Lisa I will most likely be in chat tonight! No plans to go out today. Would love for others to join us.

gaRry - welcome back from Florida! Now when are you going to answer my pm on the t-shirts :D

Well all - got to get to work. Have a great day everyone!

DVC4US
02-20-2004, 11:32 AM
gaRry - we will be in WDW March 14th - 21st. We are staying at the BCV. So I take it you are not going on the cruise. We are staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before our cruise but we will be at Victoria & Albert's for dinner on Friday, April 9th.

Lisa - we would be up for the group wine tasting. We did the wine tasting on our last cruise and really enjoyed it, so we are doing it again in April.

Everyone have a good Friday and if there is nothing going on I will try to be in chat tonight.

LeiLani

djs113
02-20-2004, 05:05 PM
did anyone else get this email?

Dear David,
As an experienced Disney cruiser, you’ve done the clubs, the restaurants, the deck parties … maybe even the spa. Hey, you may have done it all. But not like this!

We’re about to show you a side of Disney Cruise Line® no one has seen before––a side brought to you by the cast of the breakout ABC comedy series, According to Jim.
That’s right. The show has set sail, and for two episodes Disney Cruise Line is the star.

So beginning this Tuesday, tune in to ABC to catch this special,
two-part According to Jim. You may even get some ideas for your very own cruise. Between laughs, of course.

Don’t miss out!

Sincerely,

Lee Kitchen
Manager, Disney Cruise Vacations

WVMD
02-20-2004, 05:36 PM
David,

I got it also....

I had already planned on Tivoing the program.

Virgil
pirate:

WDWLVR
02-20-2004, 06:01 PM
David - got the pictures - they are beautiful! I will definately be using them in the months ahead! Thank you so much!

djs113
02-20-2004, 07:16 PM
If anyone wants copies of professionally taken, very high definition photos of various DCL scenes including the 2 ships, an incredible birds eye shot of cataway cay with the ship in port, a beautiful sunset picture behind the ship while in port at port canaveral in front of the terminal, etc.....

great pictures

send me your email addys and i will send them to you

i printed them on glossy paper with a very good color printer and they look super, and ready to be displayed

let me know

each picture will take up about 1000k in your email box, so make sure you have room available under your limit - i picked out my 6 favs to circulate

- David

lneeley
02-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Boy, it has been another Friday from ****. Trying to get those auditors out the door and I think I am there! Yeah! Have a final audit meeting with CEO and them on Monday for management report and findings, but I feel like I can finally breath, although it's been another 11 hour day.

DH just called and the grandkids are here for the weekend, so I guess I need to go home and do some grandma tasks for the next couple of days.

If I can't get to the boards this weekend, I'll check back Monday. Tomorrow will be 300 days till cruise time. I can't wait.

Linda

WDWLVR
02-20-2004, 08:10 PM
Lisa and I are in chat - anyone want to join us.

jilljill
02-20-2004, 11:24 PM
Good evening or rather good early morning all - I forgot what it is like to work in the mall on a Fri. night with all the 'strange rangers' that are about.

We picked out all the flooring today and there were no fights, I was surprised. We even agreed on a few of the choices without any long discussions :earseek:

Cruisin'goose
02-21-2004, 06:56 AM
okay morning again,
didnot make chat last night???? I was out for my birthday dinner. W O W its going to be tough being 39. not sure how to act.:yo-yo: :confused: :tongue: :hyper: :earseek:
ohhhh well . just think in one more year theres that ugly number of 39 I just will not know how to act then.:smooth:
well maybee it will be better than my last birthday when I turned 39. so now I start another year.

wdwlvr I will go throu my pm's latter today.

dcv4us NOPE no cruise in april:mad: :mad: :confused:
unless you can use a cabana boy who speaks very goood eglish
yes yes ?????::yes:: ::yes:: :teeth: :hyper: YES !!!!!!

well off to more coffee and bills to pay.

gaRry

jilljill
02-21-2004, 08:22 AM
gaRry, Happy 39 ;) to you..........again?!? :teeth:

Cruisin'goose
02-21-2004, 08:56 AM
THANK YOU jilljill
but its a secret so don't tell anyone else okay ??????

gaRry

jilljill
02-21-2004, 09:14 AM
gaRry, my lips are sealed and my fingers won't hit the keyboard about it any more :cool:

djs113
02-21-2004, 09:29 AM
Linda,

sent you the pictures, let me know what you think

- David :happy1:

lneeley
02-21-2004, 12:32 PM
David-

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME....................................
The pictures are great. Stopped by my office for a sec. to pick up a CD disk I forgot yesterday for family party today and tomorrow. My subconcious must have made me forget, because it gave me the opportunity to pop on the boards to see what's going on. I saw your post so I signed on to my home account and there they were!

First picture of Castaway Cay, WOW! It is so beautiful. The others were so awesome! Can't wait to get home and print out. We just upgrade for Christmas our digital camera and we now have a Canon Rebel. Have loved it so far. Hope with all the added pixels and stuff that we can get pictures that are great like the ones you took.

Thanks again for sharing! I just love when everyone is willing to share their Disney spirit.

Have a great day.

Linda

videogal1
02-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by wdwgoose
CHRISTMAS CRUISE LIST 2004

CHRISTMAS CRUISE 2004 LIST

WDWGOOSE & CRUISIN'GOOSE &
WDWLVR & MARKRG
KABULI 1 & THE GREAT PRINCESSAURORAINBLUE
B & B DISCRUISERS
MARC & ALLISON

VIDEOGAL 1

HERES hoping no one is left behind ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
DID I FORGET ANYONE ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
gaRry

You forgot Cash, the Wonder Dog

VIDEOGAL1 & Cash

:(

lneeley
02-21-2004, 04:03 PM
It's 5 p.m. EST and 300 days from now we will be leaving the port on a wonderful 10 day cruise!

Yeah!

Linda

jilljill
02-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by lneeley
It's 5 p.m. EST and 300 days from now we will be leaving the port on a wonderful 10 day cruise!

Yeah!

Linda
That is such a wonderful thought. And 300 days from now we will be finishing our first dinner of the cruise. Mmmmm.....just thinking of all the desserts now!!! :hyper:

WDWLVR
02-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Time is just flying by and with each new sailing we are getting closer and closer! I can hardly wait!

justmestace
02-22-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone!
I guess it will be morning when you all read this. I finally caught up on my "reading". I almost hate being gone because I miss so much.
I called DCL yesterday to ask about booking the Magic for summer of 2005. Guaranteed, if the Magic is in California, we WILL be on it. The lady said that they have no idea when the bookings will open. She advised against booking for another date, and then switching. So, I guess I'll just have to continue to check everyday. I wish I had an inside track on when the booking dates are released. :(
I have six million things to get done before the next out-of-town trip, and I don't feel like doing any of them. I've had an ugly cold, and I think the winter blahs hit me. I get a couple of different magazines, like Caribbean Travel & Life, and all I want to do is look at the pictures and dream. :sunny:
I can't wait to see our countdown timers get below the 300 day mark!
Off for now....have a lovely morning & Sunday!!
Stacey
P.S. Jilljill....did you find my castle?? I bet it was a wonderful trip!

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 06:15 AM
Good morning everyone!

We woke up yesterday to a dusting of snow but when the sun came out it melted it all away! :sunny:

Has anyone heard from Karyn lately? jilljill have you gotten any e-mails since you've been back. Hope they are getting settled in and will soon be joining us again.

Well time to get ready to church. Have a great day everyone!

jilljill
02-22-2004, 08:19 AM
Stacey, we saw many castles.....or rather ruins of castles. One of them may have been yours.
We had a wonderful trip and plan on going back in the future, DD wants to go this summer.....but we are not.

Mary, it seems as if Karyn's plans have been changed and they are very busy figuring things out.

I have to work this afternoon, I hope my manager is in a good mood - otherwise it will be a long afternoon :eek: :smooth:

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Barb - I sent you a pm.

Hope work isn't too bad this afternoon. We'll settle in to watch racing today.:D

justmestace
02-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Hey....I found us way down at the bottom of the page! Where is everyone?
We're watching the race, too. Or, I should say, I'm watching from
here, and DH is dozing in front of the tv on the couch!
Supposed to rain here today, but so far, only cloudy. We need the rain big time.
Jilljill...one of the ruins of a castle had to be ours...we were a poor bunch!
Off to peek at the Disneyland board...check back later.
Stacey

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 02:48 PM
We've been watching too but also checking other websites. We're looking at getting a new notebook so we've been doing lots of research.

A really nice day here today, but more rain and maybe snow coming. The snow we had has been melting which is a good sign. I'm ready for Spring!

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Woo Hoo - we made it into the 200's!

or

43 weeks and we are cruising!

Yikes! That's doesn't sound far away at all. Better start packing. :D

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Just wanted to get everyone's attention. :blush:

justmestace
02-22-2004, 06:59 PM
YIPPEE!!!! YOU GOT MY ATTENTION!

I already have the entire packing list written out. And we still have several other trips to go in between now and the cruise!:p

Imagine if I do lose my weight....I'll have to re-write the list!
Guess that would be an okay reason to re-do the list though.

Mary...are you and I the only ones here today?

Stacey

justmestace
02-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Just wanted to push us up to 2290.
If you haven't figured out that I'm a weirdo by now, you'll get it soon enough. :crazy:

justmestace
02-22-2004, 07:04 PM
BTW,

Only three more months and I'll be getting my Disney fix at Disneyland and California Adventure!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Stacey - looks like it is just you and I tonight!

Have you stayed at the Grand Californian before? We loved it.

My favorite place is outside where they have an outdoor fireplace and wood rocking chairs. I don't know how many people know about it. It is the coolest place to just kind of chill out. Of course when I was there I was sick as a dog so finding someplace like that really helped!

I really have to get back on track to losing weight. I've been stuck at pretty much the same weight since we went to WDW in early December. Seems I lose and gain the same 2 lbs. over and over :D

Time to get more motivated.

jilljill
02-22-2004, 08:06 PM
I'm here.....I'm here, too - at least now I am.

Originally posted by justmestace
Just wanted to push us up to 2290.
If you haven't figured out that I'm a weirdo by now, you'll get it soon enough. :crazy:
Stacey, I think you will fit in just fine with this crowd :hyper: :crazy: :jester:

WDWLVR
02-22-2004, 08:25 PM
Think we can hit 2300 by the end of the night?

dee47
02-22-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm willing to do my share... :D

So...are we the only ones with late sitting?

And...Is anyone else staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before??

And...Thank you all for making me NOT the only person who's already thinking about packing...I thought I was bad enough having made ALL our resies (plane, hotels...) so far in advance. I started talking about packing and DH just rolled his eyes...

Guys! The last time I let him pack (back when DS was 2), he forgot diapers...

OK, I'm done, For now. Except to say I am SOOOOOOO excited already, I don't know where I'll be in November...or early December...

Yeah, I'm certifiable. :jester:

jilljill
02-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Think we can hit 2300 by the end of the night?
That seems to be a bit ambitious tonight.

dee47
02-22-2004, 09:02 PM
That seems to be a bit ambitious tonight.

Pessimist.

:teeth:

djs113
02-22-2004, 09:58 PM
Dee

we are staying the night before at the Hyatt as well

- David

dee47
02-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Excellent! We should organize breakfast at Hemisphere on the 18th...wearing our T-shirts...I'll volunteer to organize if ther's interest...

I'm at dee_47@hotmail.com

justmestace
02-22-2004, 10:51 PM
2300!!!

Just wanted to see if I could do it.

WVMD
02-22-2004, 10:57 PM
We're staying at the MCO Hyatt the night before......

Virgil
pirate:

2301 - and on the way to 3000, 4000, 5000, and garRy's (or mine) 10,000......

justmestace
02-22-2004, 10:59 PM
:hyper: I get excited over the least little thing.

Dee, we're staying at the Hyatt also. And we have late dinner seating.

Mary, this will be our 3rd stay at the Grand Californian. Our first in a suite. Your favorite spot is also my husband's favorite hideaway. And I don't think too many people know about it...he was always the only one out there, and it's such a great spot in the winter. This will be our first summer visit in a long time, but we're beating the school's out/Memorial Day crowd. We had given up on summer visits due to the crowds. We love the GC. It is so charming.

Anyway, guess I'll head for bed. Got us to 2300, so I've done my duty. :teeth:

Stacey

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:02 PM
I lied...I'm still here...wanted to see if I could be the first on a new page.

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Nuts.....didn't work. Virgil the pirate: will probably get it.
Aaarrrggghhh matey!

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:04 PM
WHO ME?????

Virgil
pirate:

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Just exactly how many posts fit on one page, anyway??? I could be here all night!

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Yes, YOU!! pirate:

And to think, you took an OATH!

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:07 PM
Not that I have any idea what taking a oath has to do with stealing posts and the tops of pages.

dee47
02-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Did I get there first? :jester:

Maybe not.

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:10 PM
Okay, this is stupid.

I want to be at the top of the page!!!

:Pinkbounc

:bounce:

That oughtta take up some space.

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Okay, I can go to bed now. Seeing as how I'm talking to myself anyway.
I warned you I was nutso. :crazy:

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Here ya go....!!!

I hope....

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:13 PM
HEY NO FAIR!!!!!!

Virgil
pirate:

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Virgil,
Do you know a good psychiatrist? I could probably use one.
Maybe just a bottle of wine.
Wait till we get close to the 3000 post that I want. It could get ugly. :smooth:

justmestace
02-22-2004, 11:18 PM
What do you mean....NO FAIR? There are female pirates, too, you know.
And pretty soon, we'll be headed for page 156. Won't everyone be surprised when they check in in the morning? Being on the west coast has some advantages.

::yes::

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Yes - but I'm here on the East coast......

:hyper:

Virgil
pirate:

dee47
02-22-2004, 11:52 PM
Should the West Coast Late Sitting People organize a table for themsleves? WA and AZ are not so far apart...

And now I want to be at the top of the page!

:wave:

Remember, justmestace, normal is BORING!

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Ha - not a chance.......

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:57 PM
Justmestace - the only psychiatrists I know were the ones I went to school with.... and believe me - he was STRANGE...... Fit right in doing psych....

Virgil
pirate:

dee47
02-22-2004, 11:58 PM

:sunny:

I know a challenge when I hear one... Let's try this!

Missed again, didn't I? :(

WVMD
02-22-2004, 11:59 PM
YEA!!!!!

:rotfl:

Virgil
pirate:

dee47
02-23-2004, 12:00 AM
:tongue:

WVMD
02-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Getting giddy here..... gotta see a few more patients... and then maybe I'll finally get to go home.... I was here until 4am last night... I want out at 2am tonight....

Gnite all!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD
02-23-2004, 12:01 AM
This has to be it......
:earseek:
pirate:

dee47
02-23-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm even crazier than justmestace...this is absurd!

::yes::

WVMD
02-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Oops.... I guess not....

Dee -- you win.....

Virgil
pirate:

dee47
02-23-2004, 12:03 AM
I made it! I made it! I made it! I made it!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Take that, Pirate!

dee47
02-23-2004, 12:04 AM
So I can go back to being gracious now. And maybe sleep. Virgil, are you an MD?

afff
02-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Just booked our airfare.
There is no turning back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some folks are staying at the Radisson and some at the Hyatt the night before. Which is better and why?

We are still waiting to tell the kids.............its killin' me.

WVMD
02-23-2004, 12:30 AM
Dee - yes - I'm an ER doc......

We're staying at the Hyatt because my eldest daughter is flying in alone - and I just wanted to make it easier on making the connections.....I also didn't want to fight the crowds trying to get to the port. This way I'll have one of the limos pick us up in the morning - and away we go........

Of couse the Radisson - would be great..... but I'm not one to get up at 4am to see the Magic come in... I need my beauty sleep....

Virgil
pirate:

afff
02-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Virgil....I just was surfing on the net.....the Hyatt at WDW looks fantastic.
The one at the Airport as you said, is very convenient.

We actually are flying in 2 days early.
Is there enough to do in Port Canaveral for 2 days?
Someone said on this thread ( might have been Mary ), the 10 day Christmas Cruise people get a discount.

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 05:55 AM
:hyper: I get excited over the least little thing.

Dee, we're staying at the Hyatt also. And we have late dinner seating.

Mary, this will be our 3rd stay at the Grand Californian. Our first in a suite. Your favorite spot is also my husband's favorite hideaway. And I don't think too many people know about it...he was always the only one out there, and it's such a great spot in the winter. This will be our first summer visit in a long time, but we're beating the school's out/Memorial Day crowd. We had given up on summer visits due to the crowds. We love the GC. It is so charming.

Anyway, guess I'll head for bed. Got us to 2300, so I've done my duty. :teeth:

Stacey

Stacey - when we went it was February. So it was too cool to enjoy Grizzley Peak, but nice out by that fire. I think I saw 3 other people the whole time I was out there and I was there for over an hour reading a book.

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 05:57 AM
Virgil,
Do you know a good psychiatrist? I could probably use one.
Maybe just a bottle of wine.
Wait till we get close to the 3000 post that I want. It could get ugly. :smooth:

Hey - wait a minute - 3000 is supposed to be mine!

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by afff
Virgil....I just was surfing on the net.....the Hyatt at WDW looks fantastic.
The one at the Airport as you said, is very convenient.

We actually are flying in 2 days early.
Is there enough to do in Port Canaveral for 2 days?
Someone said on this thread ( might have been Mary ), the 10 day Christmas Cruise people get a discount.
afff,

gaRry was the one that orgainized the group rate at the Hyatt. Not sure of the details. I think you just have to tell them you are with the DIS cruise group.

We're planning on flying in the morning of the 17th but we're going to spend the day and night at our other DVC home Vero Beach. We've never been there so it will be a treat for us.

As for what to do in Port Canaveral. Plenty! There is Kennedy Space Center, the Brevard Zoo, shopping at Ron Jon's, hitting the beach!

I encourage everyone as we get closer to drop Shirley a request for one of her Key West packets. It costs about $3.50 in postage (you put the postage on the large OE) - Shirley charges nothing for it. If you are staying in Port Canaveral let her know and she'll put in some things about that area as well.

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Well now that I've read all the posts since last night and responded to a few I can start new. You guys sure look like you had fun last night while I was sleeping!

Virgil it must have been a slow night in the ER. I leave a challenge to get 10 more posts to go to 2300 and wake up this morning to 2330!

Good job everyone! Only 670 posts to 3000 - which I called as mine back at Christmas.

Have a great day everyone - keep posting!

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 06:29 AM
http://www.dcltribute.com/navigators/special

Check out Dave's site with the link above. He has some Navigators up from 2003 Christmas on the Wonder. Looks like some really fun things in store for us!

DVC4US
02-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

We're staying at the Hyatt also and like Virgil we will have the limo pick us up on Saturday morning. We are taking the Hummerzine from Happy Limo for our cruise in April so I can't wait to check that out.

You guys sure look like you had a lot of fun last night.:hyper:

We get our Disney fix in 21 days! ::yes:: :teeth: And then we get our cruise fix in 46 days. I can't wait :teeth: :boat: :jumping1:

Everyone have a good day.

LeiLani

tkd lisa
02-23-2004, 06:59 AM
Mary, GaRry set up the Radisson group rate, not the Hyatt.

We haven't set our 17 Dec hotel plans yet. I am probably going to priceline, but now I'm thinking of pricelining in the WDW area. We'll be staying 15-16 at the Boardwalk on rented points, and visiting the parks 16-17th. If I can get a good rate near WDW, that will be easier for leaving the parks. Right now I planned to finish the parks with Fantasmic at 7, then go to the hotel (probably at the airport, since they have good rates and are in-route to the port), but if we can stay near WDW, I might be convinced to hit Illuminations one more time!

Busy weekend at our house. I enjoyed chatting with Mary. GaRry, congrats on 39 again! I think you had celebrated that before our 02 cruise, didn't you?

This year will be my 40th, so I could start the 39 again thing. What do you think?

Happy Monday all!

jilljill
02-23-2004, 07:09 AM
G'morning everyone,
We have the Radisson booked for the 17th, but I'm thinking of changing it since I read that you leave your car in an unsecured lot. I would rather pay the price at the port than leave our truck unsecured for that long. So many decisions.....
I may stay in Daytona for the night, at our timeshare again. We did that before our last cruise.

Well, have to get DD off to school.

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 07:14 AM
OKAY I need faster internet ! ! ! ! ! ! I rested up some from w d w trip and from my 3 yr old baby beating on me. OUCH the day before we left I had to give wormer paste to the horses and the one that is so sweet DID NOT want his. so he found out that his head was and is MUCH harder than mine. he got the meds and I lost. starting to feel better now, i can even turn my head pretty good now. okay enough I see lots have been very busy.! ! !
and I have not did my share , lets see if I can get up to date on all,

gaRry

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by tkd lisa
Mary, GaRry set up the Radisson group rate, not the Hyatt.

We haven't set our 17 Dec hotel plans yet. I am probably going to priceline, but now I'm thinking of pricelining in the WDW area. We'll be staying 15-16 at the Boardwalk on rented points, and visiting the parks 16-17th. If I can get a good rate near WDW, that will be easier for leaving the parks. Right now I planned to finish the parks with Fantasmic at 7, then go to the hotel (probably at the airport, since they have good rates and are in-route to the port), but if we can stay near WDW, I might be convinced to hit Illuminations one more time!

Busy weekend at our house. I enjoyed chatting with Mary. GaRry, congrats on 39 again! I think you had celebrated that before our 02 cruise, didn't you?

This year will be my 40th, so I could start the 39 again thing. What do you think?

Happy Monday all!

Guess I'm not awake this morning - I thought they were talking about the Radisson. :D

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 07:26 AM
So whats soooo hard about getting at the top of the page????
there is a system.

LINDA fixed cash the wonder dawg's name anyone else????

RADDISION YES the rate was dis cruisers group 99.00 or 139.00 for the suite, also trying to have them in the same area.
lots to do on the east coast. we will be there early afternoon on friday.
we can also help with car returns if the one at the hotel is not what you have. parking is included for the cruise also.

next on the list is ??????????

besides only the party animals and very early (late) cruisers (drunk) and (boonesfarm drinkers) ( screwoffs) stay. EXTRA CHARGE FOR CORKSCREWS

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 08:07 AM
GREAT
now the designs, we can dothe one like the tye dye t shirts, I think I will have some of those made.

FIRST ALL LOGOS CAN BE PUT ON ANY T SHIRT OR POLO SHIRT
as long as the colors DONOT over lap. meaning the shirts cannot be the colors we are using in the logo. make scense.

the old design will change the date, and writing on the ship.

NEW ONES the blue = the color of the shirt just a color that was picked for samples only. with the ship and islands on it
now 2 colors are missing the bottom of the ship will be RED and the stripand life boats will be gold. this is on both designs. = a 4 color screening

the design with the islands being white is colored in. AGAIN we can use the same 4 colors on these logos anywhere and it cost no more.

the design with the islands blue is just an OUTLINE OF THE ISLANDS so the do not take away from the ship.
again think of the blue as the color of a shirt.
ALSO ST. LUCIA will make it on the shirt (paper not wide enough)

FRONT cost cutting these were already done so she didnot redo these your names WDWGOOSE gaRry can be added to the front. so far the fronts are to be embroidered and names.

PRICES shirts are med to upper grade mat. ( you can get better or less quality shirts) so the price is for the better quality shirts.
4 color logo on back embroidered logo and names on front (with out names are about $1.50 cheaper)

T SHIRTS $ 15.00
POLOS $ 30.00

until there is the FINAL design these prices are close. at that point we can get to the dime (do we still use pennys???)

jersey shirts was the brand name ( we can use any other)

now any questions ???????? on this
we can still change anything on the designs these are were we are at for more in put?????????????????
SORRY DOC N O scrubs available :tongue:
:hyper: :teeth: pirate:

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 08:12 AM
W O W that took some work, i typed for 20 min. then got thrown off!!!!!!!!!! seems like i got it to take cut paste . wow
okay off to get some work done
I will be back>>>>>>>>>>>

gaRry:smooth: ::yes:: :wave2: :hyper:

athurstance
02-23-2004, 08:12 AM
We are planning to stay 2 nights on the coast before the cruise - not booked anything yet. We are intending to get one of the town car services to drive us down from the airport and get the shuttle service/taxi to the port. We will be visiting the Space Center and if its warm enough just chilling out by the pool. Just waiting on flight confirmation from the UK.

Angela

jilljill
02-23-2004, 08:17 AM
W O W that took some work, i typed for 20 min. then got thrown off!!!!!!!!!! seems like i got it to take cut paste . wow
okay off to get some work done
I will be back>>>>>>>>>>>

gaRry:smooth: ::yes:: :wave2: :hyper:
gaRry, gotta love dial-up :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 08:19 AM
gaRry,

Some questions on the shirts.

Is there a minimum that has to be ordered?

The price you quoted was for the back design to be silk-screened and the front to be the embroidered name - correct?

How much more would it to have one of the small logos on the front with the names?

Could different people get different things? For example what if someone wanted one of the t-shirt and then maybe a polo shirt with just one of the smaller designs and their name without anything on the back (thinking of DH here).

Can the small logos be in different colors (I believe you said their were being embroidered)?

Here would be my ideal shirt based on what you showed.
A medium blue shirt with the ship design on the back. The bow design logo on the front with a red bow and the Dis Cruisers in lime green (really want to get that green in there somehow). What do you think that shirt would cost?

Also if someone wanted a polo with the small design and their name only (nothing on the back) what would that cost? What colors are the polos available in?

I know - way too many questions!

Heading off to do some work now :D

tkd lisa
02-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention to Dee that we are also late seating. It works better for my family. We'll request LAPLAPLAP... for our rotation.

As far as the shirts, I really liked the ones we had last time (tie-dyed), so that's probably what we'll pick. It sure makes it easy to find your group. Look at Vicki and GaRry's pictures on the newsletter link in case you have any doubts!! Those shirts are really nice quality too. I've been wearing mine for 2 years now. DS finally ruined his but he normally goes through t-shirts in a summer, cause any little spot he picks at until it makes a hole! So I'll probably still have 3 out of our original 4, then I'll get 6 new ones for this trip. No problems finding my crew, huh?

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:39 AM
First of all......sorry, Mary, I forgot you were 3000....which one did I ask for? 4000? Oh well, I'll just be happy with my top of the page.
GaRry....crazy people get cheap thrills late at night. So what's the system?
We're staying at the Hyatt because DH likes it there, and hates to drag luggage. We'll take a limo to port also. (Will there be enough limos?)
And Virgil....not that I've had a lot of personal experience, but I agree with you (uh oh...no flames) most psychiatrists are a little tooney themselves. Just thought maybe GaRry was right, I should have my head examined for staying up just to get to the top of the page. Looks like you and Dee had so much fun, I should've stayed up!
45 degrees and raining....I'd better get out while the getting is good. We live on the wrong side of a creek that runs like a river when we get too much rain, and sometimes we either can't get out, or once we get out, we can't get back home. Then it's hotel time!
See you all later,
Stacey

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:41 AM
Almost forgot....I wanted to ask...how do you request a dining rotation?

jilljill
02-23-2004, 08:43 AM

GaRry....crazy people get cheap thrills late at night. So what's the system?
Stacey, the system is.....gaRry just got lucky by getting to the top of the page ::yes:: :eek: :tongue:

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:44 AM
And how do you know which one is better than another?
I guess I thought that DCL did the rotations according to basic ages of family members.
Dee...are we going to try to get a group of us late-seaters together? Even though Virgil is an "Easterner", I think he'd be welcome to join us.....we didn't mean to offend the fine doctor.

jilljill
02-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Almost forgot....I wanted to ask...how do you request a dining rotation?
Very good question. But how do you know what nights will be formal nights ahead of time? I like to be in Lumiere's on one of the formal nights.

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:46 AM
jilljill.....I'm gonna have to remember to take GaRry's words with a grain of salt (on my Margarita rim) right?

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:47 AM
jilljill.....excellent point. It would seem funny to be at Parrot Cay in formal wear. I've never done a 7-day, so I guess I don't know how the whole thing works.

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:48 AM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

LOOK AT THAT!!!

I did it without even trying!

I'd better go to work!

Stacey

jilljill
02-23-2004, 08:50 AM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

LOOK AT THAT!!!

I did it without even trying!

I'd better go to work!

Stacey
You got lucky - now you found out gaRry's secret.

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 08:51 AM
MARY
not really a min. atleast 25 would be fine NOPE NO MIN.
YES back is silk screened front logo and name (inc.) to be embroidered.
front logo and name is included
you can mix and match. the shirts can always have things deleted
as shirts with ONLY logos and/or names on front only NOTHING on the back. prices will be cheaper for those. not sure of prices on that but cheaper
frount logos can have different colors than other shirts.

COLORS if we use jersey brand about 50 colors BUT remember to RULE OUT colors we use in the logos.
if you have a t shirt type shop around you just look at the colors and pick the ones you want just write down the name and sizes you want.

I think the prices will stay about the same or less things less price.
AGAIN until we have the design done we can not get much closer on the price.

GREAT questions anymore????????? let me know ??????

gaRry

lisa and to think you like corkscrews ????????????

tkd lisa
02-23-2004, 10:10 AM
You can call your travel agent and note a request for a particular rotation for dining. There are several planners out there for formal night rotation thingies based on the standard eastern and western iteneraries. That was a BIG topic of discussion before our inaugural western, since no-one knew what the rotations would be. In fact, I think they changed it a bit after the first one, but oh well. I have absolutely NO idea what our formal/semi-formal/tropical night rotation is going to look like on this trip! They usually try to have formal and semi-formal nights on at-sea days, so I'd guess one will be after Key West, and one will be the 26th (post-St. Thomas, prior to CC). Anyone think they might add a third formal night, since we have that extra sea day? Will tropical night be St. Martin night (like it is on the eastern??) Inquiring minds want to know!

Most people seem to try to pick a rotation to get formal/semi-formal in lumiere's and tropical in Parrot Cay. They also want to schedule Palos on a "non-show" night in their least favorite restaurant.

As to why we're asking for LAP,etc. It's pretty simple. Parrot Cay is my least favorite restaurant (I think it's too noisy!), and our kids ages usually would put us on the PLAPLAP rotation giving us an extra PC night. The APL rotation is usually younger kids, hence more noise. Now don't get my wrong, my kids can be a little noisy at dinner, but we usually don't get screaming. I'm planning on asking for a Palo reservation at least one PC night, and we'll probably go up to Topsiders for another one.

Enough babbling for now.

lneeley
02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Morning everyone. Gosh, off for a day or two and you guys go hog wild after it had been a pretty quiet week! Just an FYI, we are staying at the Fairfield Inn at the Orlando Airport. Since we don't get in until Friday evening, (and in case of any delay) we will be close to the hotel in case the little ones are restless. They have a pool and jacuzzi, free transportation from the airport, and a free continental breakfast. That way I don't have to buy 13 breakfasts and I will tell everyone that once they get on the ship that I am buying and they can eat all the food that they want! HA! Anyway, got an internet rate of $69 per room for the night. Max of 4 per room, so I got three and will sneak the youngest in since he doesn't really count anyway!

The shirts sound great. GarRy, how soon is this decision being made and when and how to get $$$$$ to you. I know me and DH will get shirts, but not sure for the kids.

Okay, I need to go on a trip. It's still 5 weeks til Maui. I guess I'll have to suffer through this fog and snow a little longer.

Oh, and if everyone is taking dibs on posts, I'll just request 100,000 now. I guess I can dream, can't I.

Talk to you later.

Linda

jilljill
02-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh, and if everyone is taking dibs on posts, I'll just request 100,000 now. I guess I can dream, can't I.

Talk to you later.

Linda
:hyper: :rotfl: :rotfl: :teeth:

One has very high ambitions.
But if you can get most of your family to start posting, then i'm sure a big dent could be put into that number and get you closer than you think.

WDWLVR
02-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Wow Linda - 100,000

When we get that far it will be all yours!

I agree with Barb - get the rest of your family posting and we may make it!

dee47
02-23-2004, 12:24 PM
Is there interest in possibly getting a group rate there as well? I can make some calls. We'll get there ~11:30PM on the 16th, if there are no weather delays (which is the reason we're flying out on the 16th to begin with, coming from the West Coast). I have a AAA rate of $134, but maybe we can do better?

And...anyone for breakfast at Hemisphere on the 18th? Just wondering. It's sort of my tradition before heading out to port.

Also, if we want to arrange some tables of the late-sitters together, I can volunteer for that too...but I'll need to get PMs or emails from those interested (I think tkd Lisa and justmestace are interested, and the fine doctor from the East Coast as well?) :D

My email is dee_47@hotmail.com. Let me know.

videogal1
02-23-2004, 12:33 PM

LINDA fixed cash the wonder dawg's name anyone else????
gaRry

Linda? or Lynda?
Lynda is Cash's handler.
Linda is a busy grandmom.
Does she know Cash?
Cash, do you know Linda?
??????

I'm SO Confused!!

RADDISION YES the rate was dis cruisers group 99.00 or 139.00 for the suite, also trying to have them in the same area.
lots to do on the east coast. we will be there early afternoon on friday.
we can also help with car returns if the one at the hotel is not what you have. parking is included for the cruise also.
gaRry

I've been debating whether or not to stay at the Radisson on Friday but I'll be without car and my scooter won't manage the roads.... Can I get a bus to pick me up at Orange Lake Country Club and take me to the port, or do I have to go back to the airport from there to catch a bus to the port? Anybody done this?

besides only the party animals and very early (late) cruisers (drunk) and (boonesfarm drinkers) ( screwoffs) stay. EXTRA CHARGE FOR CORKSCREWS
gaRry
And NOW I'm REALLY Confused....

Stay where? And, besides, some very fine people live at Boones Farm.......:teeth:

lneeley
02-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Linda (the busy grandmom), can't wait to meet Lynda and Cash! We have a blond golden retriever named Sebastian (from Little Mermaid). He is 10 years old. We are going to have him start participating in a local program where he will go visit children/adults in the hospital to cheer them up. He has so much love to give. Wish we could bring him on the cruise.

Lynda-can we bring Cash some doggie treats, or do you prefer we not? Let us know. Can't wait to see him, I love his picture!

Linda (the one with the "I")

jilljill
02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
WOW - you ladies are good at straightening out gaRry. Got to get him UNconfused with the names.

Dee,
We would like to get together with some of the others on late seating. It will be myself, DH and DD-10. Although after reading some of the 10yo Navigators, I don't know how often she will eat with us. Or if she will do the eat and run thing again as in the past cruises.
Do you want another east coaster, besides the pirate: ?

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 01:59 PM
NOW I'M REAAALY CONFRUSSEDED! ! ! ! ! ! !!

TKDLISA we can use the same t shirts and put new logos on them????????????? or keep it and change the date and western words ???????????????????????

dee dee 47 I'm not sure what we are for dinning just late is what I know for sure. so if we have no other plans ? ? ? ? ? count us in, let me check on plans do I ????????? WILL SOMEONE PLEEEASE TELL ME ????????

NOW T SHIRT POLO SHIRTS to be called shirts from here on by me. THE DESIGN WILL BE WHAT EVER EVERYONE WANTS.

i WILL be doing some with the tye dye design type, only because I like those, so the cruise shirts are what everyone tells me they want.

REMEMBER the logos can go on any of the shirts.
NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT PART I donot pick the logo,words, we are just trying to make a cruise shirt that most all will like. I will NEVER get 100 o/o happy. read over al of this and everyone start making the decision. then numbers and sizes.

DON'T bother me with getting money to me that mad it hard last time. I can send the shirts or bring them to hotel, ship, ect. and if you DON'T pay me I'll send my kids to your cabin.( maybee I'll do that anyways) so lets get to post # 100,000 and get these shirts going.

gaRry

ps i got noo speelling eticate tooo much of that doctoer stufff
(MD20/20)

just got thrown off again ??????? its not the internet its the dis boards then I have to re log in again????????

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 03:08 PM
did everyone take there key boards and go home ???????

I got it !!!! everyone is thinking about the shirts GOOD DEAL.

Paul where are you hiding at???????? we will let you post a few times a day ONLY.

so did everyone leave ???????????? I know I was not at chat so this is what I get OKAY I'll visit wdw instead of chat most of the time.

well time to finish supper, YES YES YES I cook very well.

gaRry

justmestace
02-23-2004, 04:16 PM
All this T-shirt talk is making me DIZZY! And I don't need any help with that. I'll take one size large and one size XL of anything other than a tye-dye. Sorry GaRry. The kids are at that "I'd sooner die than match my parents" age.

Dee, of course we are in on the group of late-seaters. Me, DH, DD age 14, DS age 11. If we do LAPLAP, that would put us at Parrot Cay on a sea day, and they'll probably have a formal night, won't they? We were asked what dining rotation we wanted for our group of 20 for DD's wedding, and then they gave us a different rotation that what we requested anyway! We went with it, though. I don't care, as long as I eat. I would kinda hate a formal night at PC, tho. Even though my kids fell into the older kid age group, we were in the adult rotation both times and loved it. They eat out alot, and know how to behave. Now watch, they'll turn into creeps this time. :rolleyes:

Wish I knew what DCL had planned as far as the formal nights and such. My DH doesn't even own a suit jacket, (he's a welder/blacksmith) but he and DS now own their own tuxes!
This is sooo exciting. WHY does it have to be so far away???

I'd better go before I start whining again. Have to pick up DS and take him to his first ball practice. It's pouring rain, and I thought I'd get a break, but noooo, one of the kids on the team has a full-sized gym at their house and we're going there. (Must be rough, huh?)
Outta here,
Stacey

justmestace
02-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Me again.....

GaRry went to cook dinner.....

Am I talking to myself again like I was last night??

You guys just like making me look crazier than I am.

:crazy:

Now I really am going!!!! (Crazy, that is)

WVMD
02-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Justmestace - you just wanted the top of the page......

Another afternoon in the ER..... I sign on and post - to relieve the stress.... and boy can it be stressful at times.....

garRy - love the shirt ideas.... Definitely will want the polos and probably the t-shirts too.....

Talk to you all later....

Virgil
pirate:

justmestace
02-23-2004, 05:06 PM
Why, Doctor pirate: , are you accusing me of something??

:angel: I am totally innocent of any wrongdoing.

BTW, did you contact Dee about joining us for dinner?

There was also some discussion about those of us at the Hyatt having breakfast before the cruise.....can't say for sure if we will or not. We usually miss breakfast. (Don't start on me, Doc, about breakfast being the most important meal of the day...I have enough stored up to last me for two days at least...I'd make a great Survivor for a day or two).

Now I really do have to go. I'll be back tonight for the top of the page again. :teeth:

Stacey

wdwgoose
02-23-2004, 05:43 PM
stacey, I see you got my pm???????? great and it worked.
ds wants to know if your dd will be 14 at cruise time?????

by the way you have horses, all the whininging gave it away.
baseball we are having snow coming down now. I guess we could use those lime green baseballs???????

so lime green t shirts foe you and dh, polo shirts for the grown up kids so thats 7 all total?????????? got it.

doc another day at work????? don't you have the cruise paid for yet ?????? OOOOAAAAAAHHHHH you are going to pay for ours,
you sweet guy you thank you. maybee I can come up with scrubs to logo just for you.

d w is sick. I take her to florida and now all this, yuuuck. next time I'll go with out her. WAIT I am going without her :tongue: :hyper: :teeth: ::yes:: :yo-yo: :wave2:

gaRry

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:12 PM
GaRry,
Yes, my darling daughter Jordan will be 14 at cruise time. Actually, she will inform you that she will be 14 and a HALF at cruise time. She's pretty quiet....God had to be nice and give me at least one quiet child. Is your son going to be 14? Do we have to lock them in their respective cabins?? ;)
Has he seen her picture? Has he seen her dad, the ex-Marine???
I can come up with a whole lot of questions....what does he plan to be when he gets out of school etc etc etc....see, I already raised one daughter. Shotguns come in handy. :smooth:

How many shirts do you have me down for??? Am I buying pirate: 's shirts, too????

justmestace
02-23-2004, 08:24 PM
GaRry....I actually got lost during all the t-shirt talk. I looked at Mary's site again, but thought I remembered you saying you had made a decision on design. Can we go over it one more time??
If I'm being a pain in the patootskie, you can throw me overboard at Castaway Cay.

Stacey

jilljill
02-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey Stacey, you are looking like you are talking to yourself again so I thought I better post something.
gaRry has a way of talking and getting you lost in a conversation. I think he thinks about screw off wine bottles too much to keep things straight :D :wave2: :crazy:
It's ok gaRry, I'm just picking on you since you have been leaving me alone for a while. I don't know what to do - it's not like you :earseek:

dee47
02-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Stacy, my DS had baseball practice today too. It seems we always get the really cold, windy afternoons for baseball practice. Such joy!

I will not discriminate against East Coasters who want to sit with us :D I'm all for diversity! In fact, I used to be an East Coaster (from CT) until Nov 1994. Then we moved, and we LOVE WA. So we're here to stay.

Yeah, this is free association night. It's what happens to my brain when I come back from Tae Kwon Do class.

Anyhow, to save me some calls, how far in advance can we request sitting arrangements with other people? DOes anyone know? Do you have to be paid in full for that? I hope not. We're still trying to come up with the money...We have until Oct, I think.

Also, those of you late sitters who want to sit together will have to give me an actual name on your resie. I can't call DCL and tell them I'd like to sit with justmestace and wvmd for dinner (just 2 names I picked...I don't meant to say I won't have dinner with the rest of you! :D)...Though it would be interesting to hear their reaction.

Did I mention normal was BORING? I'll bet wvmd would order a psych consult if I came into his ER. Lucky I'm in WA instead of WV

Yeah, I'm done. For now.

two4ruff
02-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Whew! I have been stuck on jury duty for 3 WEEKS in a tiny town 60 miles away with no tv or computer!! Its gonna take me 3 weeks to catch up on this thread.... but after all that "excitement" I'm really ready to cruise!!

Glad to be back in the real world - hope all is well in yours!

Jill :wave2:

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 06:09 AM
Hi everyone! Ok after reading gaRry's post about the shirts I think I'm a little less confused so I've updated the web page. Here is a link DIS Shirts (http://monorailgreen.info/Xmas2004Cruise/T-shirts/tshirts.htm)

As I see it we should try to agree on one back design, and one logo design. That way we look like we match somewhat.

I have labeled the back designs as 1, 2 and 3 (added the old design as #3).

I have labeled the front logo as A, B, and C.

Sorry - no way to do a survey on the web page so we'll have to vote here. So as an example my vote would be as follows:

Back design 2 (gaRry would it be possible to just color the ports we are going to - maybe in gold?)

Front design A (again a request - can the lettering be green and the bow stay red or does the embroidery have to be all one color).

My order would then be for 2 medium blue t-shirts with back 2 & front A (because I think design 2 will look best on a blue background) and 2 forest green polo shirts (with the front logo A and name only).

To give some of you the background on the logo designs. I did the A design first thinking we'd be putting it on a lime green shirt. I thought the red and green went well together. Not eveyrone was keen on the lime green idea so I went with two other designs in green (to still get the DIS color in) that could be used on a different color. Hope that all makes sense.

gaRry - please forgive and correct me if I have spelled out things wrong on the web page or here. I think the shirts are a great idea and thank gaRry and Vicki for all their hard work on this!

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by two4ruff
Whew! I have been stuck on jury duty for 3 WEEKS in a tiny town 60 miles away with no tv or computer!! Its gonna take me 3 weeks to catch up on this thread.... but after all that "excitement" I'm really ready to cruise!!

Glad to be back in the real world - hope all is well in yours!

Jill :wave2:

Jill - welcome back! Wow I don't know what I would have done for 3 weeks without a tv or computer. Must have been a big case.

Glad to have you back - keep reading and posting!

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by dee47
Anyhow, to save me some calls, how far in advance can we request sitting arrangements with other people? DOes anyone know? Do you have to be paid in full for that? I hope not. We're still trying to come up with the money...We have until Oct, I think.

Dee - I think you have to link reservations which means one party needs the reservation numbers of the other parties. I know Gail was going to handle the early seating group. We'll have to discuss when she gets back. I think you can do it at any time. This is something I think should be done well before we board as it would create a giant mess trying to change everyone after we board.:D

DVC4US
02-24-2004, 06:43 AM
dee47,

Back some time ago (I believe page 113) dancind (Diana) had already started a list for the last seating people who want to sit together. She has not posted in a while but you might want to PM her first to see if she is still interested in keeping the list. Gail is keeping the list for the early seating and Palo brunch. I am going to check when we go on our cruise in April to see the best way to go about doing this besides linking reservations. Let us know what you find out from dancind or check out her list that is posted on page 113.

Everyone have a good day.:)

LeiLani

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 06:46 AM
The challenge for today - can we get to 2400? Only 18 more posts to go. I think we can do it!

Off to work I go. Will check in at lunch time!

jilljill
02-24-2004, 07:29 AM
Has anyone else had trouble getting on the boards this morning or was it only me?!?

Jill, glad you are back from jury duty. I couldn't image doing that for 3 weeks 60 miles away from home.

justmestace
02-24-2004, 08:29 AM
:wave: Morning All!!

Just a quick hello before I'm off to work.

Wow, Jill...what a bummer. Hope I never get called for jury duty, it would be a long way for me to travel to get there, too.

Mary, I'll take a really good look at the shirts when I get home this afternoon. Sorry I'm so easily confused.

jilljill, I had trouble too. Had to refresh, but then it popped right up. I couldn't get on any of Disney's official sites yesterday. Don't know what the problem was.

Dee47....since it was raining all day, DS went to a teammate's house to practice. I wimped out and made my husband take him. Guess I missed quite the house. Their "gym" had a full weight room, basketball court, batting cages with professional pitching machines, and video monitors to show them how to improve their swing. Hubby never even saw the main house, but I guess it takes up an entire cul de sac. Must be rough. Apparently, the Dad (owner of the house) is an electrical contractor, does big buildings like schools and hospitals. Wow, and I thought all the money was being made by ER doctors!!!:teeth:

See you all later,
Stacey

afff
02-24-2004, 08:31 AM
GaRry..........T shirts look great ( do they come in childrens sizes )

Do you want to trade a FIRE DEPT T-shirt?

Just a question about the Radisson..........I went to their website, they have a room for $84.00
What type of room is the DIS group getting for $99.00?
It does look like a nice hotel.

Gail.............My family is early seating.

justmestace
02-24-2004, 08:32 AM
:jumping1:

Hey, I'm getting good at this top of the page thing!!!!!!

:wave2:

jilljill
02-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Stacey, there you go again being at the top of the page. I think that happened to me many, many pages ago too.

afff
02-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Oh and Mary...........good job in getting the t-shirt designs on the web so that we all can see them and make a decision.

dee47
02-24-2004, 09:54 AM
I sent dancind a PM, will keep you updated when I hear back.

My T-shirt vote is 2-C. And as someone else asked -- do you have kids' sizes?

Y'all have a MAGICAL day now!

tkd lisa
02-24-2004, 10:09 AM
Yes, I had trouble getting in this am.

My shirt vote is 2-B. GarRy, I meant that we would be bringing our old May 2002 shirts since we already have them, not that we want another set of them with the new dates. I think we'll probably do T-shirts, not sure of the color, but it will be bright!!

And to the many people who asked, yes they have the T-shirts in kids sizes. Don't know for certain on polos, but most shirt shops can get kids polos in limited colors.

Back to the t-shirts, I seem to remember ordering a kids large and kids x-large for my 2 in 2002. They were both pretty big. I ordered a large adult for me and an x-large adult for DH. Generally speaking we (the adults) wear a medium and large. GaRry thought the t-shirts ran a little small. I'd tend to agree for the adult sizes, but I'd say the kids ran pretty true. DD's shirt still fits her pretty well (a 14-16 child size, and she weighs 80 pounds now, at 5 foot 2 or so).

Been a nutso couple of days. DD is having multiple kinds of trouble at school, including being bullied by a group of girls. I really hate the schools approach (no adult saw it, we don't know how she got that knot on her leg)! This despite the fact that several girls at the lunch table saw this kicking and poking occuring, and DD told two teachers on her way out of the lunchroom! We're actually considering pulling her and going to a private school, since the atmosphere is making a difficult situation worse! Have I mentioned before how much I hate the 6th grade girl issues????

Have a great day everyone! Lisa

lneeley
02-24-2004, 10:17 AM
Good morning everyone.

Lisa-is your DD in 6th grade now. My DD Jamie is 11 (12 in April) and in 6th grade. Maybe they can hook up? Of course, she still owes Gail's daughter (Emily-10) an e-mail, I'm going to have to bug her about that.

Jill-what was that exciting case you were on. Obviously not the Martha Stewart one. Too bad, you could have been our creative consultant for the cruise. Martha's is probably redesigning the courtroom while she sits there everyday!

Hey, I went to Sam's Club last night and they just got in their 2004 swimwear. Bought the DD a great swimsuit for the cruise for $11 and bought me a new one for $19 (tag from Speedo $79).
Better spend now, may not have any $$$$ by the time we get on the ship!

My stepdaughter (Sheri) who was here for the weekend is going to (hopefully) make us all flannel Christmas pants to wear for breakfast early Christmas morning. Her idea was to have everyone wear to bed Christmas Eve! I told her we could all head for an early breakfast in our flannels! So guess she will be making 13 pairs of pants. I guess she has some real easy pattern to make them. I'll find out if anyone is interested.

Okay, I got to get payroll ready.

Talk to you all later.

Linda

lneeley
02-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Thanks Leilani for the PM.

Linda

jilljill
02-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Linda, that's a great idea. I never thought of going to breakfast in comfy flannel pj's - just like being at home.

lneeley
02-24-2004, 10:31 AM
If you need a pattern, let me know. I'll get it from Sheri. She said it is really easy.

Linda

jilljill
02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
If you need a pattern, let me know. I'll get it from Sheri. She said it is really easy.

Linda
You must be going for comedian of the year thinking I would use a pattern :rotfl: :rotfl:
I was thinking more on the lines of new Disney ones.

lneeley
02-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Yep, that's my idea too. But if the stepdaughter is willing to make 13 pairs, I'm going to take her up on it. My investment will probably be only about $40 instead of $200 (if I could find all the same at about $15 each).

Thanks

Linda

tkd lisa
02-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Yes, DD is in 6th grade now. She's interested in hooking up with kids before the cruise. She and DS bug me a lot on Friday's asking if there are any kids they can chat with. I told them that when we get close to cruise time, maybe we can hook the kids up in one of the chat rooms.

And Linda, you might find that those comfy flannel jammies are way too hot on the cruise! I tend to sleep in knit boxers and a t-shirt, and I confess to bopping up to topsiders wearing them a time or two! But flannel jammies would be WAY to hot with those temps. Maybe a nice plaid knit to convey the same feeling??

two4ruff
02-24-2004, 11:32 AM
lneely- No, not Martha Stewart! It was a double murder hate-crime, not much fun at all, but it was pretty big news for this neck of the woods. And yep, he was found guilty.

Swimwear already? I got excited yesterday at Costco when I saw the snorkle gear out. Guess I know what the Easter bunny can bring my boys this year....

:sunny: Hope you are all having sunny weather today!

jill

jilljill
02-24-2004, 11:34 AM
No sun here, supposed to snow this afternoon.

Did I get #2400?!?

jilljill
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Looks like I got 2400 AND the top of the page.
Stacey, your luck rubbed off on me ::yes::

lneeley
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Way to go jilljill on 2400! Good idea on the knits vs. flannel. I'll suggest it to Sheri.

Okay, got to work now!

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Way to go everyone! You met the challenge of the day before lunch - great job!

Lisa - sorry to hear about your DD's school troubles. :(

I think a kids chat is a great idea. Maybe have them log on a half hour or so before regular chat and then head off to one of the private rooms! We'd still want you in chat with your big teeth :D

afff
02-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Sorry GaRry....I just checked again.

Radisson has a price of $85.00 not $84.00

afff
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Regarding the t-shirts.........the choices for the solid filled in colored islands are: White, Black, Red, Gold, Light Blue, Dark Blue, and Grey.

Is this correct?

lneeley
02-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Kids chat is a great idea Mary. I would think that Gail is home pretty soon from her vacation, so she should be checking in. Let's decide on a date and time. We both can't chat at the same time though since we have only one laptop at home to hook up to the internet. So doing it before the normal chat time would be good.

Linda

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 02:25 PM
wow okay lets see not been to the shirt page yet.
85.00 is better than there qote of 99.00 take it . I'll be calling to get ours lowered daaaa okay we have the suite mabee its cheaper soo I will still call them.

old design I guess that was just something I was doing anyways. so we donot really need to vote on that one, I will be having those made so just names , sizes, what ever for them,
SO DONOT VOTE ON THE OLD DESIGN, if you want some of those let me know all at one time.

KIDS SIZES YES all sizes in all shirts t shirts polo and even jilljill sizes

4 COLORS WHITE BLACK RED GOLD or we can change out a color(replace) I think each color was $1.00 more per shirt.
maybee .80 .

stacey you and tkdlisa and us have the same style in common.

afff trade fd shirts okay I'll bring one. ohhhh did you mean ??

okay before I get tossed off

gaRry

okay sTILL THROWN OFF

afff
02-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Did I mean what, GaRry?

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 03:49 PM
afff did you mean trade fd shirts ????
or a cruise shirt for fd shirt????????

now this is really confussing

gaRry:teeth: :tongue: :hyper: :earseek:

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 03:50 PM
WHERE IS EVERYONE ??????????

I'm going to feel like stacey very SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 05:03 PM
OKAY STACEY NOW I REAALY KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.

still a long way off to 10,000 post but things always go really fast as the days numbers get low!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay time to check out the shirt page yep yep yeppp i for got.
at work so have other things on my mind.

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 05:09 PM
WOW MARY GREAT JOB ! ! ! ! ! !

YES really good job. THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE.

gaRry

justmestace
02-24-2004, 05:18 PM
WOW Look at what you guys have done!!!

Didn't anyone go to work today??? I have to go back and read three pages. Are you all trying to tax my little pea-brain?

I'm going to go look at the shirts again too.

Stacey

justmestace
02-24-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm back. Mary, you are amazing!

I kind of like the back of the shirt without the islands in white. I like Mary's (I think it was Mary) idea of possibly coloring in the islands with gold. I think the white of Florida and the other islands blends too much with the clouds. (Good Lord, listen to me....you'd think I was one of those guys on Queer Eye...)

As for the front, I still think I like Mary's logo...but the bell is pretty too. I DON'T KNOW!!!!! You guys pick, and like I said, I'll need one adult large, and one adult extra-large.

What a weird day...cloudy & rain this a.m. Then the sun came out (forgot my sunglasses and nearly got blinded) and now it's raining again, with the sun shining behind it all. The mountains behind my house look pretty, tho....clouds are very low and dusting the tops.

Will check in later and give us our nightly west-coast/WV boost!

Stacey

justmestace
02-24-2004, 05:38 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you all disappear on me again???

I swear you do this to me on purpose.

Here I am talking to myself again:

:chat:

jilljill
02-24-2004, 05:48 PM
I'm here, honestly I am.
I was out getting my pics developed from Ireland, then putting them in the album.
I also have a scanner built into my printer but I can get it figured out. So I will probably mail Mary the pic of us so she can scan it then it can be posted. Unless, by some great miracle, we get this *$&# thing figured out.

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 06:23 PM
I'm home so I can help post and keep you company Stacey :D

The wreath, bell, and ornamant are all my design so no hurt feelings on any one over the other and if anyone else has a design feel free to share it. I'm partial to the wreath because it was what I came up with first.

Barb if you have a good picture I'll be happy to scan it if you can't. Correction - I'll be happy to have Mark scan it. I can't work our scanner at all. :D

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 06:47 PM
well I see cruisers are back. jilljill glad you are back, that other beer must have been VERY BAD ?????????

gaRry

jilljill
02-24-2004, 06:54 PM
well I see cruisers are back. jilljill glad you are back, that other beer must have been VERY BAD ?????????

gaRry
Actually 'that other beer' was VERY, VERY good and I don't drink beer at all. In fact DH has never seen me drink beer and I had many pints over the week. It certainly has a different taste over there and even better in Dublin than the rest of the country.

2belles'mom
02-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Hello!

I'm here...I've just been so darn busy the last few days :crazy: :crazy:

I'm stealing a few moments here at work--I'm stuck late tonight, so will probably be too pooped when I get home to check the boards...

Dee--sorry I haven't PM'd you--its next on my list! :D

Mary--The shirts look GREAT!!!

Lisa--Sorry to hear about your DD. Does your school or school district have any type of anti-bullying or anti-harassment policy??? If so, you have something to work with (and really, you have something to work with even if they don't have the written policy).

Have a nice evening all--
Christy

Dancind
02-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm still around. I need to figure out this t-shirt thing, I know we will want some.

Virgil, we had great success carrying on 6 bottles of wine on our last cruise. One was a 2001 Heitz Cab, yum. Had a great time impressing the Celebrity Wine Steward on our cruise, he didn't even charge us the corkage fee. We bubble wrapped them, then put each one in a 2 gallon zip loc, and stacked them in a soft sided backpack cooler.

Here's the list I had put together, there are no cabin numbers or names attached though.

Dancind (Diana, Kevin, DD13 Alicia)
DVC4US (Leilani, DH, DD15, DD8)
WVMD (Virgil, DW, DD19, DD10)
Jilljill (Barb, Jay, DD10 Alexa)
GaRy (GaRy, DW, kid1? , kid2? )
Tdk lisa (Lisa, DH, DS11, DD12, in-laws)
Tinkfan (Tina, Sam, DS11, DD13)
Kabuli (Karyn, Randy, Princess Jill (DD-18); Collin (DS#2-21); Derek (DS#1-23) and his Elaina (DFiance-23)!
Athurstance (Angela, Paul, DS12 (George); DS10 (Harry) (wait – what happened to Ringo & John?))
Justmestace (DW,DH, DD14, DS11)

WVMD
02-24-2004, 07:32 PM
If I can convinve the DW - I'll try and bring a bottle or 2, or 3....

Sorry garRy - NO SCREWTOPS.....

Don't forget - DCL is featured on According to Jim.... Us Eastcoasters will get to watch it long before those on the westcoast.....

Finally - a day off - but had my monthly meetings today... oh well...

Be back after the show......

Virgil
pirate:

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 07:39 PM
jilljill I have friends that DON'T take time too really DRINK beer either ::yes:: :earseek: :tongue: :hyper: :teeth: ::yes::
lets see pints have screw offs ???????? ohhh pint jars????
well i would like those pint jars again ITS been along time cents I've used jars BUT I don't remember much then. YES

stacey okay now I don't feel to old. after all my birthday I did turn 39.

dancid Garry 39 Vicki ?O dd Vanessa 16 ds Greggory 15
hope that helps, do you need cabin #'s??????

oppps was I not to give out adult ages ???????????

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 07:46 PM
DOC is that abc nbc travel channel ???????????

STARTING TIME ??????????????????

ANYONE ???????????????

jilljill
02-24-2004, 07:59 PM
gaRry you are one crazy :firefight

According to Jim is on ABC at 9:00 eastern.

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 07:59 PM
According to Jim - ABC - NOW! 9 Eastern 8 Central!

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
OKAY THANK YOU BOTH.

:earseek: :hyper: :tongue:

gaRry

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Well they got the toilet flush right. :D

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:35 PM
I guess theres more next week ???????????

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Yes it is a 2 parter. Hopefully they will show us more ship next week and less Jim!

jilljill
02-24-2004, 08:39 PM
I never had real bunkbeds in my cabin :eek: :confused:

What was the CM's name that told Jim to get off the MM statue in the lobby? I remember him from my last cruise.

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:44 PM
i'LL PLAY THE TAPE BACK AND GET IT FOR YOU. my pest friend jilljill anything for you !!!!!!!!:tongue: :hyper:

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:45 PM
OOOOPPPS have to do that tom morrow I'm at work now.

gotta luv me:hyper: :tongue: :teeth: :hyper: ::yes::

gaRry

jilljill
02-24-2004, 08:45 PM
i'LL PLAY THE TAPE BACK AND GET IT FOR YOU. my pest friend jilljill anything for you !!!!!!!!:tongue: :hyper:
That's so special - you called me your pest friend .

jilljill
02-24-2004, 08:48 PM
OOOOPPPS have to do that tom morrow I'm at work now.

gotta luv me:hyper: :tongue: :teeth: :hyper: ::yes::

gaRry
I have to ask.....how do you forget you are at work?!?!? :smooth:

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:50 PM
DAAAA been a lonnnnng day ???????????????

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:51 PM
we bee like family here, just like at home:confused: :mad: :p
::yes:: :hyper: :tongue:

HOW ELSE :teeth: :teeth:

wdwgoose
02-24-2004, 08:58 PM
okay time for me to have a snack and bed time.
7 pouchkees today maybee 1 more. or popcorn :rolleyes:

well not sure, boy its been tough today, BUT someone had too do it. RIGHT AFFF?????

GOOD NIGHT ALL. you to jilljill.:earseek: :teeth: :hyper:

gaRry

jilljill
02-24-2004, 09:06 PM
'Night-night gaRry, don't let the bed bugs bite.....too hard :eek: :teeth: :wave2:

I sent you a PM.

gail1771
02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
HELLO EVERYONE. Welcome to all that are new and have joined this DIS. I had a lot of pages to catch up on since we have been gone for 12 days.We returned from our 10 day cruise on Celebrity Summit last night. The weather was beautiful. We only had real rough seas for one night. The ship was beautiful. Food and service were excellent. The shows were all terrible but the one night they had a comedian. They used the same people for the shows the entire 9 out of 10 nights. It was better to go to the seperate lounges at night to hear music. Same musicians the entire cruise. The casino did not hit until the last night on the slots and tables. We almost witnessed a fist fight in the casino one night. Our cabin steward was wonderful and it was great to be booked on congiere class. The crowd was older primary 60's to 80's. There were hardly any children on board which I was very surprised as it is winter break week on the eastern coast. The children's program looked great. There were no games at the pool on the 4 days at sea just trivia questions. We are so looking forward to Disney. The ports of call were nice. St. Lucia is beautiful. We went to one of the Sandals for the day, $50.00pp all you can eat,drink and use of their water boats. That was so much fun. Barbados skip the town (very dirty) and hit their beautiful beaches. We love St. Maarteen and St. Thomas. St. Kitts we did not see much of. We did a catamaran sail all day to Nevis. Lots of fun. We hit a half a day of rain in St. Thomas in the afternoon and part of Saturday at sea. The rest of the time it was 85-90 and sunny. There are always pro's and con's to the ships. You make it what you want it to be. We had a blast and enjoyed this pretty ship. We got to relax and enjoy our 10 years of marriage together. We missed the children and could not wait to come home to be with them. I missed taking to you all on line. I am still getting back into the swing of things. I am sorry if I am rattling on and on. Time for bed. Talk to you all tomorrow. Fondly Gail::MinnieMo

jilljill
02-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Gail welcome back to reality ::yes::
Your trip sounds like it was wonderful.

We got lucky today - only a few snow showers and rain. Now to keep the moisture away so they can get our house built ::yes::

Good night all.

afff
02-24-2004, 10:13 PM
GaRry.......I always tell people that we don't sleep, we only rest.

Hope its a quite night for you.

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by jilljill
I never had real bunkbeds in my cabin :eek: :confused:

What was the CM's name that told Jim to get off the MM statue in the lobby? I remember him from my last cruise.

Did you see Shawn from Shore Excursions...he was the one that told Jim to get off the Mickey Statue!!! This is from mmouse37 who posted on the main cruise board during the show.

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Gail - welcome back! Sounds like your cruise was very nice. I agree that each trip is what you make of it and it sounds like you made it into a great experience for you. Major milestones like 10 years are to be celebrated!

afff
02-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Just curious about the shirts....I was just looking at the design again.

Is it possible to outline the ports of call islands in color, with color lettering ( name of island ) and colored star. ( red or gold or other colour on screen )

Then outline the NON ports of call islands in black as shown.

This way the ports of call islands will then stand out from the rest.

What do you think?

Sorry if I missed out on who to address this question to.

Is it Mary of GaRry?

afff
02-24-2004, 10:44 PM
I was looking at the shirts again..........the ports of call islands are small in comparison to some of the NON ports of call islands.

Can you FILL IN the islands that we visit in color with colored lettering with colored star and leave the others outlined in black?

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 10:49 PM
afff,

gaRry is handling the shirts - I'm just hosting the designs on the web page.

Your idea is what I was thinking of. Some way to highlight the ports we'll be at with colors.

I really love that design for the back of the shirt. We're going to be the envy of everyone on board!

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 10:50 PM
We're almost at 2450 - can't imagine where we'll be post wise when I come back in the morning! :D

Gail - how many pages did you have to look through to get caught up?

Donalds_best_pal
02-24-2004, 10:59 PM
I have been away for a while working on other stuff. How are you all doing? Did I miss anything new? Hopefully I will be visiting more often now.
Matt

WDWLVR
02-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Matt - how are you doing with the cruise list. Is it going crazy on you? Don't let it overwhelm you ok!

justmestace
02-24-2004, 11:11 PM
Guess everyone's in bed by now....had to wait for DS to finish his homework on here before I could get on.

We got home late. DD has dance on Tuesdays from 6:30-8:00, and we always eat at the pizza place next to the dance studio while we wait for her. I was going to tape "Jim", but had a phone call at the last minute and forgot. We would not have gotten home in time to see more than the last 10 minutes or so.
So we took over the pizza place's TV! I was glad that I got to see a glimpse of the Magic, we've only been on the Wonder. And nice to get a peek at Key West.
I also hope they show more of the ship next week. I was disappointed that they used a "fake" room, but DH pointed out that had they used a real room, their cameras and stuff wouldn't fit. I suppose he's right, but they should have copied a real room.
Aren't you glad you didn't have to watch it with me, and listen to me critique the thing??? But, yes, at least they got the toilet flushing correct!!!!
I was looking at Disneyland's info for our trip in May. They will only be doing Fantasmic, the Electric Parade and Millionaire on one day while we're there....the Sunday we arrive! Good thing we have park hoppers. And because we're there the week before Memorial Day, the parks close early. Guess there has to be some trade-off for smaller crowds!

Well, guess for once I'll go to bed at a decent hour.

What's our goal for tomorrow? "See" you all then,
Stacey

2belles'mom
02-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi all! Just checking in before bed :D

Stacey--it looks as if I might be the last one to bed (10:15 here on the West Coast, and I got home from work about 1/2 hour ago...)
Have fun planning your Disneyland trip--we are going in July and I am planning now :smooth: Since we are going at peak season, I booked through AAA so we could get UNLIMITED fastpasses...for sure we will need them!

Gail--WELCOME BACK! :wave2: Sounds like you had a great time. I think Emily should have another email by now...

Matt--good to hear from you! How is school going?? Is a move to Georgia still in your plans?

And to whoever is putting together the wine tasting (am I following here? Is there a list
:confused: ) please add us!!!! :tongue: :tongue:

Well, I am off to bed now...Good night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donalds_best_pal
02-25-2004, 01:31 AM
2belles'mom: Sorry, but I am the last to bed. LOL School is going great. We should know in the next fews if we are 100% want to go to GA. We will see.

Yes the list is driving me crazy. I was away from my computer Sunday and Saturday. No updating for 2 days is bad. I posted sunday and monday I am behind so no more emails please until I catch up. Did anyone listen? nope! Oh well, I am caught up now but I am still adding 2005 dates.

justmestace: See you will be in DLR in may. We are 25 minutes from there and go often since we have APs there. It would be cool to meet before the cruise. Let me know if you would want to do that.
TTYl,
Matt

WDWLVR
02-25-2004, 06:01 AM
Good morning everyone! Up and early this morning as we are heading out early to go to church and get our ashes.

I'll check in again at lunch time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

As for a goal - anyone up for 2500 by end of day. That needs 50 posts?

gail1771
02-25-2004, 06:46 AM
We're almost at 2450 - can't imagine where we'll be post wise when I come back in the morning! :D

Gail - how many pages did you have to look through to get caught up?

Good morning everyone. Happy Wednesday to all.

Mary, I had to read about 13 pages to catch up.

The weather here in NY is nice today. We had snow showers all day yesterday but nothing sticked.

David (djs113) lets set up a get together. when you get a chance e mail me and let me know what is good for your family.

2bellesmom- We received your daughters e mail. Emily will be writting back today.

Have a nice day everyone. talk to you later. Fondly, Gail::MinnieMo

jilljill
02-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Did you see Shawn from Shore Excursions...he was the one that told Jim to get off the Mickey Statue!!! This is from mmouse37 who posted on the main cruise board during the show.
Thank you Mary, yes that was Shawn.

Today we have bright :sunny: skies. Just not warm enough for me though.

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 07:18 AM
HEY HEY HEY GOOOOOOOD MORNING CRUISERS

I had a very quiet night (just the LOUD snorer) had coffee left over pouchkees 2 of them had almost 5 dozen left this morning. not sure what they were thinking when they brought 2 dozen the first time then 4 dozen later ???????????:tongue:

okay jilljill Mary says shawn so I don't need to playy the tape.

afff great ideals or you sure you are from canada????????
:scared1: :jumping1: :jumping1: :firefight

yes all of that can be done, we can use the 4 colors any way we want to. can just outline the island we don't visit and color in the ones we do, stars and words can be of one color.

just remember the bottom of the ship will be red gold stripe and life boats too.

as soon as this all decieded we can get them made,
we do need to have them all made at the same time, meaning the silk screening there is a charge for set up so there is some work for them to run a second time.
embroidering that can be done anytime. so if shirts are ordered then sometime before you get them we can add any of the embroidering to it.

so anything else.?????????????

resting:eek: :p :tongue:

gaRry

WDWLVR
02-25-2004, 07:29 AM
gaRry,

Glad to hear you had a quiet night.

Should we set a deadline for the shirts? How much time will we need? I don't think we should do it too soon as we may miss some who book the cruise later or get commitments from people who may have to back out. Is 2 months before a good time or do we need to do it sooner.

Whatever you decide as a time frame I'll put a note about in the newsletter and my next mass e-mail. That way we can get some of the people who don't post often.

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 07:42 AM
2 MONTHS ???????????????? I'll be all packed by then :teeth:
:tongue: :hyper: ::yes:: I'm almost all done now :teeth: :hyper: :teeth: are you waiting till the last minute to pack ??????????:confused: :tongue: :teeth: :hyper: ::yes::

:teeth: :hyper: :teeth:

yeap THAT WORKS FOR ME. if everyone has the design done then about 3 months out I'll start a list of size and how many.
and have her get things in motion just so she works it togeather and is not rushed.
as for my traditional cruise shirt (LOUD ) I'll get things changed on that one soon, then just post the picture of it.

okay need to eat breakfast and feed the babies
have A great day all.

gaRry

justmestace
02-25-2004, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

First things first....GaRry, what's a pouchkee????

Matt, sorry I e-mailed you! I am one of the guilty parties who bugged you. Actually, I'm not sorry I e-mailed...just sorry to add to your load. I was just thinking that it was gonna be pretty quiet at DL this summer. At Christmas we meet our friends who were our dinner partners (by chance) on our first cruise. We've become really close since then. Their girls won't be out of school yet, so they aren't coming. With the parks closing early, I was thinking we'd have a lot of time on our hands. It would be great if you could sneak down. BUT.....we arrive on Sunday, the 23rd, and go home on the 27th....won't you still be in school all week, too? My kids get out on the 22nd. Anyway, if you can figure out a way, we'd love to meet you!!!

2500 will be easy!!! I hope to be home today by noon...will check in then.

Have a good one, everybody!

Stacey

justmestace
02-25-2004, 08:30 AM
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm Kinda Likin' This Top Of The Page Thing!!!

jilljill
02-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Stacey, there you go again getting on the top of the page.

I'm glad you asked gaRry that question. I was wondering the same thing. Must be a MI thing.

afff
02-25-2004, 09:47 AM
GaRry or Mary or anyone else ....could we get a description of a POLO shirt?

Sorry I don't do a lot of clothes shopping ( clothing is not my thing )

I am assuming it is a long sleeved sweatshirt. Is it?

Is that a stupid Canadian question?

I only shop for one piece snow suits, after fighting off the POLAR BEARS.
Its not often I leave the warmth of my IGLOO, in these parts of the Northern Tundra!!!!!!!!!

WVMD
02-25-2004, 09:52 AM
afff,

A "polo" is a short sleeved collared shirt - a golf shirt.....

Virgil

btw - no question is ever stupid..... well - some of garRy's might be...... :earseek:

afff
02-25-2004, 09:55 AM
A Golf shirt ....I know that term...

Thanks Virgil

DVC4US
02-25-2004, 10:25 AM
afff,

You mean you have golf way up there in the frozen tundra? You must play with those bright orange balls.:laughing: :rotfl: Just Kidding.

My vote for the shirts would be 2A and I agree with everyone else I think we should highlight the ports we are visiting in a different color. What about lime green?:p

This was what I was doing last night when Jim did the "flush" thing :rotfl: :rotfl: It so reminded me of our experience the first time we "flushed". When we went the second time and took the kids I had to warn our littlest one because she hates loud noises and she has a phobia with automatic flush toilets. I guess she thinks she is going to be sucked down the toilet.:scared1: :scratchin Sorry if that was TMI, just thought is was funny.

LeiLani

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 11:12 AM
well so what have I missed,:confused: :confused: :confused:

stacey HOW faaaaaar out west do you live??????:confused:
little round donuts with filling WHICH equalls about 850 calories each. its also some thing that you would eat on whats callED FAT TUESDAY ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :tongue: :hyper:
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: :hyper:

I could see the term jar-head for me buuuuut :yo-yo: :yo-yo:
:jumping1: :jumping1: :love1: :jumping2:

golf shirts jersey brand find a store that sales them there are about 50 colors to pick from (my choice saftey green) not sure if they use a lime green.. a t shirt store would have all the colors to pick from(most likely from books) try the sizes to make sure.
YESS jilljill there is the kiddie section for shirts too.

island colors and words remember we have 4 colors
RED WHITE GOLD BLACK ARE what we have now.

okey doockie timie for lunch. anyone having steak please email nope call me I like mine weeeell done, thank you.

gaRry

lneeley
02-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Morning to all. Boy, you had a busy night last night! We watched According to Jim also. Not a show I normally watch, but wanted to see the ship. I wish the staterooms were actually that big on the ship. Just think of the people who will book their first cruise thinking they get bunk beds for the kids!

Gail, glad to have you back. Glad you had such a good time on your cruise!

Let's get to 2500 today!

Linda

WDWLVR
02-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone! Checking in at lunch time. :D

Sunny and nice here today :sunny: Mid-50's by the weekend - yeah!

No steak for me gaRry - peanut butter here since today is a meatless day.

Well off to read the rest of the board - will check in at the end of lunch.

lneeley
02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
gaRrY-You are going to beat that cow to death if it is well done. Here, I am sending a steak your way.......

steak......steak......steak......steak.....steak.. ....steak......steak....

Boy, that makes me hungry and it is only 11:20 a.m. MST. Of course, I'm dieting, so steak is off my list anyway. But, boy it sure sounds good!

Let's get those posts going!

Linda

lneeley
02-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Oh, and by the way everyone-since I called dibs on 100,000 (my dream number), that means we have 297 days, 24 hours per day, so we need almost 14 posts and hour to hit that number.

We can do that, can't we? I have faith!

:wave: Linda

WDWLVR
02-25-2004, 12:36 PM
So since we need 28 to get to 2500 we should be there in 2 hours right :D

Sure - no problem. I could do it if I didn't work anymore. Of course if I didn't work I couldn't afford the cruise. Of course if I couldn't afford the cruise I wouldn't want to post. :crazy: :confused: :crazy: :confused: :crazy: :confused:

lneeley
02-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Ditto. But I can pop on real fast during the work day and put my 2 cents worth in. Or has it increased with inflation?

Linda

justmestace
02-25-2004, 02:09 PM
GaRry....Waaaaay out here in the West we'uns call them things Jelly-filled doughnuts!!!!;) Most everyone here is a KrispyKreme fan, but personally, I like plain old cake donuts wiith chocolate frosting, no sprinkles. Just made myself hungry again, and I had lunch already. NOW see what you have done??!!

We'll hit 2500 easy. ::yes::

I have to pick up DD and take her to the Orthodontist, but I will be back, and if I have to post only one word at a time, we'll hit 2500. Is that cheating??:scratchin

Off I go...

justmestace
02-25-2004, 02:15 PM
Just wanted to come back and see how close we are to the top of the page again. :teeth:

Now I am really heading out.....

Here I go!

Bye!!!:wave:

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 02:26 PM
krispyKreme donuts WOW do you import wine also????????
that is great, mine is chocolate raised. or JUST chocolate works.

my ds just got done with his ortho doc.
you with one word posting:hyper: :tongue: :hyper: :tongue:

on the cruise maybee some of you dieting cruisers could dine with me????????? I try to sit by the firefighters that are on a diet at each meal. THAT MAKES ME SOOOOOO HAPPY.:teeth: :teeth:

well I have class tonight I might learn something. :teeth: :hyper:
well maybee not.

gaRry

dee47
02-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Shouldn't there be a law against monopolizing the tops of pages???

Stacy, you had the last 5 out of 8...:teeth:

Topic? Ummm...Diana (dancind) and I are cooporating on possibly linking resies for late sitters. Otherwise I have no new info. For now. Though things change quickly.

There is yet-another-wind-storm-coming-our-way. If I lose power for 3 days again I will be a very unpleasent person to live with.

TTFN!

:wave2:

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 02:30 PM
SURE THATS WHAT I GET.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :yo-yo: ::yes:: pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

well stacey YOU aRE VERY WELCOME:confused: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :hyper: :teeth:

:wave2: :wave2: :yo-yo: ::yes::

gaRry

justmestace
02-25-2004, 02:35 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GaRry....you are toooooo funny. I'm supposed to be dieting, but NEVER on the cruise, so it will be a fight between you and me to sit by the ones who don't want their dessert!!!!!

Like I told WVMD.....there can be female Pirates!pirate:

lneeley
02-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Krispy Kreme....now you are really making me hungry! I choose the Creme Filled Donut with Chocolate Icing. We have them here in Salt Lake and it seems like every grocery store. I try to stay away as much as possible! they are just toooooo addicting. (kinda like chocolate for me)

Okay, hopefully we are at the top or close to the top of another page.

And you know, will all those East Coaster rolling in from work shortly, the boards should start hopping!

Linda

pirate:
:earsgirl:
:earsboy:

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 02:51 PM
Lneeley, did you check your pm ????????

pirate: EVERYWHERE YOU GO pirate: pirate: JUST EVERYWHEREpirate: pirate: EVERYWHEREpirate: pirate:

maybee on ship thepirate: should::yes:: ::yes::
walk daaaa plank::yes:: :hyper: :tongue: ::yes:: ::yes::

well maybee when we are at dock or docpirate: :hyper:
:tongue: :hyper: :teeth:

gaRry

afff
02-25-2004, 03:36 PM
GaRry........what are the shirt color choices.

You mentioned Lime Green is that the only one?

afff
02-25-2004, 03:43 PM
How do you obtain a total post counter in this thread?
It seems everyone knows the totals.

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 03:45 PM
shirt colors there are about 50 total - the 4 colors we use.
if the is some kind of t shirt place or just store that sell the jersey brand you can look at the colors and how they are sized, if not pick a color they will have something close to it.
they have normal type colors to my type of colors Not sure if they have a stacey type color or not???/:hyper: :hyper:
I know jilljill i still luv you. toooooooo

my plans are to get some normal normal colors I think i found my another hat just a temperary one.

okay need shower then class be back ofter 10 pm.

gaRry

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 03:48 PM
I use the user cp that gives you a count of replies and views
top left of page

gaRry

lneeley
02-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks GaRry, I sent you a PM.

We are only 15 posts away to our next mile marker!

And we just went down another day to wait for that cruise! It's now 5 p.m. EST! I can hear the Disney Horns blasting away right now!

Linda

wdwgoose
02-25-2004, 04:18 PM
okay 1 more post before my class.

I'm sure a feMALEpirate: will be around VERY SOONpirate:
::yes:: :teeth: :hyper:

gaRry

lneeley
02-25-2004, 04:28 PM
Have a great class!

:smooth:

afff
02-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks GaRry ....user cp..... that was easy enough

Whats your class, are you learning not to burn?

Donalds_best_pal
02-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Hi Guys and Good Afternoon,

We are suppose to get a bad rain storm tonight with flooding and mud slides. People in CA tend to go a little over board though so we will see.

justmestace: When you get there on the 23rd? Its pin trading night at DLR on the 23rd. They have the ballroom at the paradise pier hotel all set upt for trading. We usually always go to DL before it so maybe we can meet up. Let me know.

Well need to walk the dog.
TTYL,
Matt

lneeley
02-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Matt, what kind of dog do you have. We have a blond golden retriever, 10 years old, named Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.

Linda

justmestace
02-25-2004, 06:10 PM
:p That's a good one, Afff.....he's probably learning "Stop, Drop, and Roll" :tongue:

pirate: Aye, Matey....it be me.....
GaRry....... i normal very i am :crazy: I want a shirt the color of seaweed so that when you throw me over I will at least match something.

Matt, We are arriving at noon that Sunday, will probably be at the GC by 12:45. Private shuttle. Since there's a Pin Trading thing going on, will it be really crowded? Is it true that Fantasmic, the Electric Parade and Millionaire will all only be on Sunday? What about fireworks?? Boy, I'm full of questions. (Don't say it, GaRry...I KNOW what you're thinking!!)

We have a four year old half Lab/half Australian Sheperd. She's a gentle soul, her name is Molly......not that any one asked, but thought I'd throw that in.

Guess GaRry was right, I probably couldn't write a one word post.

Gotta go check on my cake. Back in a bit.

Stacey

justmestace
02-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Matt,

I thought of another question....my son who will be 11 in June has just gotten in to pin trading...can he go to the thing at DL or do you have to be invited?

Maybe you can tell me a little about it...in between homework, walking the dog, the cruise list, other chores at home, etc etc etc

:moped:

Back in a jiffy...checking the cake...not a Jiffy cake. Do they still make those?

Since there's no horse smiley, I have to ride off into the western sunset on a moped.

justmestace
02-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Anybody home from work yet?

I'm going to have to start dinner pretty soon. This is the first meal I will have cooked since DH and I went to Vegas the first of Febr and since I gt back from Nebraska. I am so bad. Love to eat, hate to cook.
The kids have so much going on, we usually eat on the run.

Tonight they get a meal and a CAKE! They'll think the real Mom was abducted by aliens and a good mom put in her place. (Don't say it, GaRry)

justmestace
02-25-2004, 06:24 PM

If no one is home yet, maybe I'll surprise everyone by getting to 2500.

justmestace
02-25-2004, 06:26 PM
NOPE....can't do it.....

Cake buzzer buzzed. And I bet you're all glad.

Hope everyone had a spectacular day at work.

I didn't have a lot to do at work, got off early, that was really nice.
and it was a gorgeous day --- 65 and sunny.

Will check in tonight and see who got us up to 25.

:wave::sunny: :sunny:

justmestace
02-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Matt,
Do you think that you will be at Disneyland for sure for the Pin Trading event?

Has anyone else started making decisions about shore excursions?
I bought Frommer's book Caribbean Cruises and Ports of Call 2004 ....it has all kinds of ideas for excursions, lists the ones the cruise lines use, and also some ideas for going it on your own.
It's been really helpful for us to try to decide what we want to do.

Oddly enough, we haven't picked a lot of snorkeling. There's just too much other stuff to do.

Stacey

jilljill
02-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Hi Stacey, I'm finally home from work so now you won't look like you're talking to yourself again. I got called in, very surprised I had to work.

Maybe gaRry is learning how to eat a steak cooked the proper way - and that is certainly NOT well done.

WDWLVR
02-25-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm home