PDA

View Full Version : Bad day!

marydmjj
06-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Yikes! I had a bad day with carbs and didn't even realize it. I ate all food allowed on induction but went over by 15 carbs! It was my lunch that killed me. We were out and went to McD's. I had a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing and it was 15 carbs. Obviously, I didn't check the carbs before I ate it! I'm so disappointed.

Is this going to mess up my induction???

TigH
06-23-2003, 07:40 AM
Oh, Mary!

I don't know a thing about induction, but I wanted to say DON'T worry!!! You did fine, so don't feel guilty or beat yourself up! Think back to how you resisted temptation left and right at the BBQ the other day! :) You will be fine, I am sure! I just know a fellow Atkins lifestyle WISHer will be along shortly to reassure you that all is well!!!!

You are doing a GREAT job! Hang in there!!!!!!

Jomrog
06-23-2003, 07:45 AM
How did it end up being 15 carbs? Was it the dressing? Maybe it was just a very large portion?

Don't worry. You ate all good carbs it sounds to me. Let us know if it affected you.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Lynn CC
06-23-2003, 08:23 AM
You didn't go too far off track. I've made mistakes like that. I'm sure if you did knock yourself out of ketosis, you will get right back to it as long as you stick with it. If I make a mistake like that I register back in a day or two. The key is not to get upset and stick with it! Do you do those ketosis tests? That's a good way to tell what's going on.

Beanie
06-23-2003, 10:41 AM
I agree with Lynn, if it knocks you out of Ketosis, you should be able to get right back in again! I wouldn't worry to much about it, sounds like you did great otherwise! :)

marydmjj
06-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the info. I need to get some of those stix. I'm not even sure if I'm in ketosis.

I don't know if this is an after affect but I'm queasy this morning. I feel like I could yak at any moment. :confused:

Oh well, back on track today.

nativetxn
06-23-2003, 04:10 PM
Sometimes people following a controlled carbohydrate eating plan will feel quesy if they eat refined carbohydrates like sugar or white flour. It doesn't sound as though you ate either of those, though. Unless there were croutons or chinese noodles or something like that in the salad.

I think you're going to be fine. Now you know, watch out for those salads at Mickey D's. Isn't it great to have WISH to come to and discuss things like this with others? You have just helped every Atkins follower on this board. We know to be careful with the salad at McDonalds. Thank you!

marydmjj
06-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Thanks Nativetxn. You are so supportive and put such a positive spin on everything.

I looked the carbs up last night and the salad has 11 and the ranch dressing 4. The salad without grilled chicken (which I ate) has 7.

I think the key is to keep everything written down when you eat it. The last couple of days I was logging everything in at night.

I'm definitely sick today but I don't think it's from the carbs. Something yucky going through my body. I'm definitely back on track today but I haven't had all my water yet. I will though before bed.