PDA

View Full Version : Lo carb bread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mum4jenn
06-22-2003, 07:45 PM
Went to Super Walmart today and I was checking out the carbs in bread to see if there was anything I cound use when we go camping next week. Well...Natures Own makes a Lo Carb wheat bread that only has 5 carbs per slice!!!!!! I bought a loaf and ate one slice with some deviled ham on it and it sure was good!!!!!

Poohbear123
06-22-2003, 07:52 PM
:bounce: I am excited!

nativetxn
06-22-2003, 08:08 PM
I have a loaf of Atkins bread in the freezer. We either need to eat it or throw it away. Neither of us wants bread, yet. I'm not sure why that is, very curious :confused:

minniecarousel
06-22-2003, 09:25 PM
I bought a loaf of low-carb bread at Trader Joe's. OMG! It is so good toasted! Just one slice is all I need - I haven't wanted a sandwich yet, but it's nice to know I could if I wanted it!

Beanie
06-22-2003, 10:05 PM
This is funny because when I first started Atkins, I missed bread the most and it continued up until about 3 weeks ago...Now, I have no desire to eat bread anymore:confused: I find that the weirdest thing...I must admit though, I am becoming what I refer to as "Atkins greedy"...I only allow myself 20 carbs per day and to me 5 carbs for one slice of bread is too much to allow! LOL I find myself saying, "I refuse to waste that many carbs on this"! :):)

marydmjj
06-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Woohoo! That's good to know. I really miss bread right now, but I'm only 4 days in. Thanks for the info!

mum4jenn
06-22-2003, 10:27 PM
I was glad to find this because I was getting a bit bored with the limited thing I can eat. I am a VERY picky eater and I do not eat salad so I was not using very many carbs at all. The only veggies I will eat that are "legal" are broccoli,cauliflower,green beans,yellow wax beans. I did make a veggie soup using tomato sauce yesterday.

This bread was good and I only used l slice and it really helped. What I really miss are the yeast rolls!! I could really lose myself if I got a taste of some of those. I was so tired of just eating a couple slices of ham for lunch. This was a big relief for me!!! I am sure I will not have it every day and then I will only use one slice.

Poohbear123
06-23-2003, 07:21 PM
At Publix-had NO idea we sold it, and I check the Bread guy in EVERYDAY!:eek: :rolleyes: Had a nice Tuna Fish Sandwhich.;)

mum4jenn
06-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Oh good!!! Winn Dixie has it also!!!
It really is good. So far I have only used one slice at a time but it really has helped!!

disneyeveryyear
06-23-2003, 10:27 PM
I read that you picked up a loaf of low-carb bread at Trader Joe's.

How many carbs does it have per slice?

I bought the Atkins bread last week and had one slice on Saturday with bacon and eggs. It was nice, but nothing that I had to have.

I bought the Ketone bread mix for my bread machine and it is supposed to have 2 carbs per slice (if you get 16 slices out of loaf).

Barbruka
06-24-2003, 11:29 AM
A friend of mine told me yesterday that Natural Ovens of Manitowoc makes a low carb bread with 3 carbs per slice that is wonderful. Don't know how far out of Wisconsin Natural Ovens ships their bakery, but might be something to check out for some of you.

:)

Poohbear123
06-24-2003, 02:57 PM
Nature's Own is 7 carbs listed on the package.;)

minniecarousel
06-25-2003, 11:22 AM
The low-carb bread I bought at Trader Joe's is by "Food for Life" and has 4 grams of carbs listed. Since it also lists 1 gram of fiber, I assume the net carbs is only 3!! Great having a slice of toast once in a while!

mum4jenn
06-25-2003, 12:18 PM
The 5 grams I wrote about are NET carbs!!;)