PDA

View Full Version : Remember our spring swap? Do we want to do summer?

Spinning
06-22-2003, 07:21 AM
The spring swap was lots of fun I know we talked about doing all the seasons. If you guys interested I would host it! This will be my first time hosting!

nicurn
06-22-2003, 08:21 AM
hi spinning, that sounds fun. :D count me in. maggie

crazyforpooh
06-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Spinning could you explain more about this swap I didn't do a Spring Swap. I might be interested.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Spinning
06-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Everyone picks an element of a scrap page. usuaully, journalling squares, titles, tags, paper piecing, quotes, etc. Some stuff will have a size limit or number to make. Tags are usually 2 per person, squares, 4 per person etc...
Once it is decided on the number of people joining you would then make enough of one item to give to everyone.
So If I pick tags and I have 10 people in the swap I would make 10 of the same thing. Then you package it up send it to the swap host. Once the host has everything she bags it up and sends it out.
You enclose a self addressed envelope and either stamps or $2 for postage.
Then you will rec. a wonderful package with all the elements to create a layout.
Hope that explains it.

WendyZ
06-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Sounds like fun to me!!!!:) :cool:

JudithM
06-22-2003, 11:28 AM
sounds interesting ... thanks for the explanation! I just went to a Star Spangled Pages class the other evening ... can I do tags or squares? We made some cute ones :).

Squares being something you could put in the four corners of a page, right :)?

Spinning
06-22-2003, 11:30 AM
Ok I will start a thread! Looks like we have interest.
Judith if you don't mind can I do tags? I aways wanted to try them. Depending on how many sign ups we get we may need several tag people!

nicki dahling
06-22-2003, 01:18 PM
I think I might like to join in this time. If possible put me down for squares . Need more info on what type though.
Cyndi (AKANickidahling )

crazyforpooh
06-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Journaling Boxes. Just be sure to let me know what themes you want for them.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

This sounds like fun. I could also do squares. I don't know how to paper pierce and really haven't found the interest maybe because I've never seen one up close and personal. LOL

Do we make them all the same? I know this is probably a stupid question but, I've never done this type of swap before.

Thanks

WendyZ
06-22-2003, 02:19 PM
I can do journal boxes also! I'm not as creative as you guys, so I think I can handle those!;) :)

Spinning
06-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Crazyforpooh, Yes you would make all the same of what ever you choose to do.
I added a new thread so everyone can sign up there.
We will have 2 groups, holiday and summer theme. You can sign up for both or just one.