PDA

View Full Version : Seasons 52 Mini Review

Figment22
06-21-2003, 06:04 PM
DH and I had a wonderful dining experience last week at Seasons 52 which is part of the newer restaurant enclave on West Sand Lake Road. I had read about this restaurant in Orlando Magazine the last time we visited the area and wanted to try it out. I'm so glad we did. It was a wonderful meal. The concept of the restaurant which is reflected in its name is that every week of the year something (vegetables, fruits, etc.) reaches its peak season and those are the products that are featured in the offerings for that week. I started my meal with an appetizer of asparagus parmesan which was delicious and very large. DH had the baby spinach salad with sliced peaches in it, very fresh, of course, and very good. For his entree, DH had the grilled pork tenderloins and I had the Black Grouper served over a fennel risotto which was outstanding. (Black grouper is kind of the Cadillac of groupers and is not always available). We each had a glass of wine and coffee and then our server, Brian, who was very good brought around the dessert tray. I had pretty much decided against dessert but it was impossible to say no to their "Mini Indulgences" as they were called. Each is served in a
double shot glass and is, in essence a small parfait. They had
tiramisu, rum raisin, a chocolatey one that I can't remember what they called and some others I can't recall but DH had the Key Lime and I chose the mint indulgence which was to die for!
Chocolate on the bottom, mint in the middle and crumbled Peppermint Patties on the top--Yummy! It sure is hard to pass on any of these at only $1.95 each.

That is my next point: I found the prices to be quite reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber. Our total for 2 wines, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 coffees and 2 desserts was $66.29.
We have eaten in many other nice Orlando restaurants and paid a much steeper price for comparable food quality and service.

The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated in contrasting woods and overlooks Sand Lake with full glass windows facing the view.
There was live entertainment in the bar area. We were there on a Thursday evening.

DH and I give Seasons 52 two thumbs up. Give it a try on your next Orlando trip for a nice couples' night out and you won't be disappointed. (Just FYI, there were a few children in the restaurant and the servers seemed to be accomodating.)

Niagara2
06-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the report - I have also read about this restaurant and will try it nexdt trip. Where on sand Lake is it - off International?

Figment22
06-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Niagara2-

If you're heading south on International Drive, make a right on to Sand Lake Road (at the huge McDonalds) towards I-4. Follow
Sand Lake for about 1/2 mile and Seasons 52 is on the left. There are so many new restaurants in this area on both sides of
Sand Lake Road. On the left along with Seasons 52 are the Samba Room, Roy's, an Italian Steakhouse (Timpano's???), a
Mediterranean restaurant, Cedars, I think. I'm probably forgetting some. Then on the right side are Ruth's Chris Steak House, Melting Pot (fondue) and some others I can't recall. I
would think that just about everyone could find a place they'll enjoy in this area. I can't wait to try some of the other dining spots. Next on my list will be Roy's. A friend of mine whose inlaws live in Hawaii was telling me that the original Roy's is in Honolulu and is just fabulous. Get me back to Orlando!!