PDA

View Full Version : My next goal

tiggerlover
06-21-2003, 04:28 PM
I have reached the first two goals that I set out to accomplish and I have to admit I am proud of myself. As many of you know I am about to come to america for a month, which I think will present different challenges for me. I will be back in the land of temptation with friends and family and it is going to take a lot to incorporate what I have learned over the last four months and being being back home. The new goal I have set for myself is rather whimpy, but all I expect to do while away is to maintain what I have lost. I know this isn't very ambitious, but it is a lot easier to diet (or eat healthier) when there are fewer temptations. I still plan to stick to WW while I am home, but I know that there will be some straying, but I am okay with that. I will keep up with exercise in some way, haven't figured it allout yet, but I will, I already have a set of weights packed in my suitcase! Wish me luck because I know this will be my biggest challenge to date. After Monday morning I will be online a lot less than usual, but I will still be thinking about my WISH friends and all I have gained from each of you.

Ciao!!!

DixieDreamer
06-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Sounds like you have your plan and goals all set! Good job. :)

nativetxn
06-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Au contraire, ma cher. Your goal <i>is</i> ambitious. You said yourself that you think it is going to be a challenge to incorporate your new eating habits while you are in the US. I can understand why, being with family and friends gives a festive air to almost every meal. Maintaining your weight during a month long vacation is quite an ambitious goal. Don't downplay this, you are going to be facing some mighty challenges.

Don't obsess about what you eat but make the best choices you can make. I'm sure you have internalized a lot of the WW plan, probably more than you realize. Just make the best choices you can and you should do great.

I believe that you can achieve this goal. Do <i>you</i> believe that you can do this? You have to believe in yourself to succeed.

I'm so proud of you for coming to WISH and sharing this with us, it shows how determined you are and it shows that you plan to meet your challenges head on and emerge victorious.

You <b>can</b> do this! Will you have access to WISH at all while you are visiting with your family? If you do, stop by here occasionally and we'll share our strength with you if you need it. Besides that, we are just going to miss you terribly if you are gone that long from WISH. Stop by and say "hi" anyway.

Katholyn

jimmytammy
06-21-2003, 09:38 PM
You have set a reasonable goal for yourself. You know what your challenges are going to be and trying to stick with WW plan while you are away for a month is a great idea. Don't forget to journal and it may help you on the days that you really want to indulge, maybe the next you will be more conscience of what you eat.

Enjoy your vacation and we'll look forward to your check-in's.

Tammy

tiggerlover
06-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Thank you all for your support!

I believe that you can achieve this goal. Do you believe that you can do this? You have to believe in yourself to succeed.

Katholyn, that is a tough question, I think if I try hard enough that I will succeed, but like I said there will be temptations that I do plan to enjoy. There are at least four foods that I plan to enjoy at least once while I am home, corn on the cob (oh how I miss this in summer), soft vanilla frozen custard, a bagel and my FIL's potato balogna. If I am able to have these just once I will be a happy girl. :) I also know there will be a lot of get togethers and BBQ's, but I have a plan for those, I will ALWAYS bring some safe food that I know I can have guilt-free. And yes, I will have some access to the Internet, however, I am not exactly sure how much, so I will check in as I can. I will miss you all too and I have to stop by every now and then because you all help keep me on the straight and narrow.

padisneylover
06-22-2003, 08:38 AM
If I haven't learned anything at all since I started WW it is that your attitude is what makes it work and your's is very positive. Remember if you should fall off the wagon as I call it you can always jump back on and don't punish yourself if you have those favorite foods once in a while, while you are away. It is better to have a little bit of them then crave them till you really pig out on it.
Good luck on maintaining your weight while away and remember to drink your water:D

Beanie
06-22-2003, 10:56 AM
We are going to miss you, Tiggerlover! I am sure you will be fine with that goal, I think it is very resonable!! Have a wonderful time and I hope you tell us all about it when you return!!

Have fun!!

Debbie
06-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Hmmm. You have a goal. You have a plan. Sounds like you have everything in order! Good luck, and most importantly---have fun!

AlreadyexcitedGrammy
06-22-2003, 04:48 PM
We will miss you but WISHing you the best of times! You do have a plan and that will help. Lots of h20 and ice tea can also help to stave off a temptation at those b-b-ques.

Don't forget to journal your everyday accomplishments when you choose to say "no" - give yourself a pat on the back - because it will be hard when everyone wants to entertain you with their best of their best recipes. Love the safe food idea too!!

Sending PD ~*~*~* for your maintaining - and don't think of it as wimpy - my bet is on you that you can do it!!!

loisg1
06-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Debbi,

Have a super time with your family and enjoy some of those treats that you can't get every other day. WWs mantra is to enjoy the foods you love, but in moderation. It sounds like you have a plan, and of course, even if you fall off the wagon, there's always tomorrow to hop back on!

Take care and have a wonderful trip!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Lois

TigH
06-22-2003, 07:07 PM
This is just ANOTHER goal you will meet, I know it!

You are going to have a fabulous trip. The compliments you are going to get from family and friends will really make your feet leave the ground and help you float through this whole vacation! I know that you will be keeping a mental tally of the foods you eat every day and I'm sure you will find a way to stay active. Enjoy yourself and make sure you remember to think, "enough is enough" if you find yourself getting a little carried away. I think you will be surprised at how little you'll consume of the foods you are looking forward to, trust me!!!

We went away last night and had a cheat night Friday night. That was two nights in a row of UNLIMITED eating, and we even went to cheesecake factory for dessert last night AFTER a full dinner! I just thought, "This is part of my new lifestyle and I can do this once in a while, it does't mean I've ruined ANYTHING, I am still planning to go back on WW when I get home and pick up with my exercising." So just think about that while you are back in the good ol' USA! You are in this for LIFE! Enjoy YOUR vacation and the time you are going to spend in familiar surroundings. You won't be in Italy forever, will you? :) So you'll have to get used to the idea of counting points back here one of these days too!!!

I know you can meet this goal, pal, and it's not a wimpy one at all. It is a very admirable goal!!!:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

wdwnutze
06-23-2003, 07:10 AM
Tiggelover-
Hope you have a great time! Your goal is "ambitious" because you know there will be lots of temptations. Just take each day as it comes and start each day as a "new" day. You have worked so hard to lose 25lbs and I'm sure when we hear from you at the end of your trip you will still be successful. Moderation will help you maintain. Enjoy your time in the states. Remember that a nice walk in the morning is a great way to clear your head and start the day fresh.