PDA

View Full Version : SB: Question for Swap Hostesses

RRBB
06-20-2003, 09:04 PM
I have a problem and I need some advice from anyone that has hosted a swap before. I just finished, well sort of, a tag swap. The thing is, one person's tags never arrived. She said she mailed them out a few days before they was due to me though. Since I knew everyone was anxiously waiting for the turn-around, I sent what I had to those that I received from.

I held onto the remaining set and kept a copy of everyone's address in hopes that the last person's tags would arrive. Well, it's been 3 weeks since she said she mailed them to me and I still haven't received them. What do you think I should do? Should I go ahead and send what I have to the person's whose stuff is missing? Do I return to everyone else their extra set of tags? Should I wait a little longer? (The person whose stuff is missing mentioned at one point that she'd remake her tags but I haven't heard more from her about this.)

Has anything like this ever happened to you? I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Robin

grover
06-20-2003, 10:23 PM
I had this same thing happen to me with one swap I hosted. The person said they mailed them,then they said they would remake them and mail them...they never did arrive, I just went ahead and swapped out with out her, I think that if you have waited a reasonable amount of time that you should just go ahead, I would email everyone else in the swap and advise them one person didn't complete there obligation and ask what they want done with the extra set-they may prefer that you send it back to them or they may want you to have it for being hostess....I wouldn't send them out to the person who didn't get their's in-seems a little fishy that 2 sets didn't get to you.
Hope this helps in your situation!
Grover in Winnipeg

RRBB
06-22-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Grover. As of today, all but one of the group recieved her swap back - that I sent out. As for the person whose stuff never arrived, I'm still sitting on it. I sent her a PM the other day and still haven't heard back from her. I think I'll give her a couple more days to respond and if I don't hear from her return the extra set of tags to their makers????

If you're interested in seeing the results - a first swap for just about everyone that participated by the way - here's a link.
http://www.smeechy.com/ouh_months_of_the_year_tag_swap.htm

crazyforpooh
06-22-2003, 07:10 AM
tags. I want to join next time you have a tag swap. Those are way cool.

I have just begun to buy tags but have never made any these are awesome. Thanks for the ideas on how to go about it everyone.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Spinning
06-22-2003, 07:19 AM
I love those tags! Such a kewl idea! and I am not a tag person...ok I could be but I haven't been!