PDA

View Full Version : Cheap hotel near airport

luvaladdin
06-20-2003, 11:19 AM
In order to get a better price on flights, I'm thinking of flying in the night before our FT package starts. We will have no car, I will use a towncar service to get us to Disney. The Hyatt in the airport is too expensive. Do you know a close, cheap place near the airport? Also, does the hotel provide transportation from the airport to the hotel? (Please don't laugh, I just have no idea if they offer such a service.) My other alternative, I suppose, is to book one night at the All Stars and hope a code comes out to get a better rate, then checkout and checkin again under the FT package.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cheryl

prncess674
06-20-2003, 11:23 AM
I would suggest Priceline for a one night hotel stay. Read the information on www.biddingfortravel.com to see what the winning bids were for the MCO airport location.

3PRINCESSMOM
06-21-2003, 09:50 AM
We are hoping to do the exact same thing as the original post. The only difference is that we will have a car. I do not want to risk bidding, even for just one night. Does anyone know of a real bargain hotel near the airport?

prncess674
06-21-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by 3PRINCESSMOM
We are hoping to do the exact same thing as the original post. The only difference is that we will have a car. I do not want to risk bidding, even for just one night. Does anyone know of a real bargain hotel near the airport?

I am not sure what you are worried about "risking" by bidding but all the hotels that have come up on PL are all very reputable hotels. Especially if you bid 3 star. The 3* can be had for $35 and anything you could get for $35 (or less) is going to be alot worse than any of these very nice hotels. There have been several winning 3* bids in the $25 a night range.

Orlando Airport (MCO)

3 Star
Holiday Inn Select Airport
Marriott Airport Hotel
Renaissance Airport Hotel
Hyatt Regency Airport
Sheraton Suites

2.5 Star
Amerisuites Airport Northwest
Amerisuites Airport Northeast
Courtyard by Marriott

2 Star
Four Points Orlando Airport
La Quinta Airport West
La Quinta Inn and Suites Orlando Airport North

nuthut
06-21-2003, 11:59 AM
My suggestion is to stay at either of the amerisuites at about $59 or the Laquinta Inns and suites at $49. Both are very nice hotels and include breakfast. I have used all three many times with no problems. Free airport transportation is included.

Lewisc
06-21-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by 3PRINCESSMOM

The only "risk" is if your plans change or if you're trying to put more than 2 in a room (although with very few exceptions people are able to get 2 beds).

The 3* (and even 2.5*) hotels by the airport are all fine.

mykidsmom
06-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Our situation is the same as the OP except that we will have our car. We got the Marriot Airport for $25 using Priceline!

w8ting4pooh
06-22-2003, 01:05 PM
We got the Hyatt last night on Hotwire! With tax and fees, it was $64.95. The rooms are $129 plus tax thru Mariott website so it's a steal thru Hotwire. I didn't want to do Priceline because I only wanted the Hyatt.

CarolA
06-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Great deal. This is actually a very nice hotel and the one night I stayed there I was amazed at how quite it was.