PDA

View Full Version : someone hang on tight please

imgoingtodisney
06-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Just had a very hectic 2days in the Children's room of the town library. Can definately tell the kids are out for the summer. Coming in for summer reading books, etc.
Ive been alone on the desk and its not been fun. Leaving lots of loose ends. Told someone today that I could very easily be talked into going out drinking. Especially if tomorrow is anything like the past 2 days have been.
Very little time to get out and walk. Running errands, mowing the grass when I do have time off. Rain coming the next 3 days.
So reel me in - ok? Thanks (I cant afford the empty calories)

Ok NativeTexan Im thinking positive - I have Mon off and it looks like it will be a nice day

nativetxn
06-19-2003, 08:38 PM
I'm very proud of you Barbara. If you believe in yourself and believe that you will succeed--you will succeed.

If you see only the down side of everything, especially about your new healthy lifestyle you are setting yourself up for failure.

It was easy to find something positive, wasn't it? Keep it up. You are on your way to goal. I'm reeling you in right now. Put down that junk food or whatever is tempting you and do some crunches or something.

I have a question for you--do you get a lunch break during your work day? If you have even just a 20 minute break, I have a suggestion. Does your library own a copy of Walk Away The Pounds? If it does then during your lunch break do the walk. I'll bet you even have a vcr somewhere in that library that isn't in a public area. You don't need a lot of room for the one mile tape. It takes less than 20 minutes to do this workout and even if you change into exercise clothing and change back before you have to return to work, I think you could do it.

So, you have to use some paper towels to "freshen up" after you do the walk, no big deal.

Barb, you don't have to miss your walk because of rain or because you are busy at the library. If you have any break during the day you can do WATP. If you can only afford the time to do one half mile, that is still a workout and it is better than no workout at all.

I think this is a viable solution, what do you think?

imgoingtodisney
06-19-2003, 08:51 PM
Yup I think youre right. I had the mindset that if I dont get out there and walk for at least 1/2hr ea time that its just not worth it. But ya know even 15mins is better than sitting on my butt.

And even if the scale doesnt budge, I am still eating much healthier. People comment that I look like Ive lost weight. I think they are seeing the winter clothes shed after I lost the 15lbs last winter. But it still feels good.

I go home for my lunch break - only work 1.5mile away. If DS is home, I get him lunch. Use the time to switch over the laundry, etc. And DIS

nativetxn
06-19-2003, 08:54 PM
There have been studies that show that exercise has a cumulative effect on the human body. So that if you only exercise 15 minutes at a time you will still see health benefits. So every chance you get do a little exercise.

Do you have the WATP tape at home?

You know, Barb, you are getting pretty good with this positive thinking stuff :)

Beanie
06-19-2003, 11:06 PM
Barb, don't you have an 11 year old son? Am I remembering correctly? I am easily confused, but anyway, couldn't he mow the lawn for you? I know it is great excersize, but you seem so stressed out lately, maybe putting off a chore like that would be a good thing? :)

imgoingtodisney
06-20-2003, 06:15 AM
Yes DS is 11. A few wks ago I asked him to push the lawnmower, he tried and told me he couldnt. Its not a self-propelled so guess who gets to mow the grass? (like father, like son in this household)

Today's Fri - Im honestly hoping for a quieter library day. At least I will have help most of the day.

The rain hasnt started yet so Im getting myself out there for a walk. Part of the walking stress is because I have a mini-goal of so many turns around the "gerbil track" ea week and I get stressed if it looks like I wont make the goal. Suppose to rain next 3days.

Minniespal
06-20-2003, 07:02 AM
I can understand where you are coming from. I was getting myself into a nice routine, going to the gym after work but I have been really busy at work this week and I haven't been since Sunday. Next week will be a washout to. I have really missed it but I know once I get next week over and done with I can get back into my routine.

Luvinit
06-20-2003, 08:44 AM
Barb....Hang in there....setting a goal is great, but don't measure yourself by that. Thats not who you are.

I know how difficult it can be when we set a goal and things out of our control (like rain) stand in our way. I got hurt "bad" the other day...and havent even been able to sit, never mind exercise...but I have to keep it in perspective.

Do the best you can...and KNOW that that is good enough for right now...and when you can do more...DO IT!!!

We will still be here, even if your goals are not followed exactly to plan...its OKAY!! The important thing is to stay positive and know that you are doing your BEST, no matter what life throws at you.

Hope this helps,

Tracy

Kabuli1
06-20-2003, 08:57 AM
I love what Tracy said! (Of course, I just love Tracy!!!) I think we all need to remember, just about everyday, for most of us. We aren't any of us aiming for perfection the best any of us can do is GOOD ENOUGH in everything that we do - that's parenting, work, exercise, and dieting!

I love that you are trying to focus on positives - no matter how small they seem! Keep it up!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/daisy.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/daisy.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/daisy.gif

Karyn