PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I have been away- In a rut, no sign of relief!

kamgen
06-19-2003, 10:04 AM
Sorry to all my WISH friends that I have been away a few days...even with the server problems, I couldn't post here....
I am in a rut and there doesn't seem to be a sign of relief coming....not until after July 7. Things are hectic, I am eating all wrong and just feeling terrible. I didn't want to post here and be negative (which is so unlike me!!!) :)
On the positive side (Since we should always find the positive in every situation), I have kept up with my workouts and I am looking forward to seeing my friends from CA when they arrive a week from tonight.

Thanks for being here and sorry I have been absent....or should I say absent minded! LOL! Just not enough hours in the day!

ohMom
06-19-2003, 10:25 AM
this is exactly when you NEED to be posting and visiting us! Of course it's fun to post when things are going well, but we are always here to be your shoulder. Our weight loss journeys aren't a straight and narrow road, there are hills and valleys, curves and narrow berms. When you are in a valley, someone else is on top of a hill and can help lift you up! That's what I count on and you can too!

Now don't go being all anti-social next time you need a lift, PM me or post or journal or whatever you need to get through that down time. We are successful because we don't let the negative stuff win, together we will make it through!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you my friend!

tiggereyore
06-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Keep up with the workouts and try to fix one meal. At least like me when you eat the wrong thing you feel crummy. Knowing you'll feel better eating right should help, it how I gave up ice cream. Keep coming back here being on the computer helps not to eat. Good luck I know what a hetic life does this weeks been awful but I'm still plugging along.

Jomrog
06-19-2003, 11:50 AM
I think it's great that you are still working out. Sometimes life can get crazy & it's difficult to prepare the healthy foods. Just limit your portions to get through this crazy time & you will get back on track. Working out is half the battle & your body thanks you for it!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

nicolep91
06-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Everyone is right - at least you're still working out!! That is keeping you on track and it will help you from backsliding too much.

I know just how you feel though. I took a couple weeks "off" from my diet and exercise routine because I just had so much going on but now I'm really paying for it. I managed to gain five pounds and couldn't bring myself to post here or even come to read the posts because my mindset was completely in reverse to everyone else here. But I learned that was just one of my many mistakes!! Keep posting and keep reading and the rest will follow...

Take care, hon!! We are here for you!

kamgen
06-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks you guys! I really needed the WISH and I am glad i am here!

karebear1
06-19-2003, 12:27 PM
AWWWW Kamy- you're making me cry! You shouldn't be so down on yourself! First- you are still doing A LOT of things many of us haven't even started yet! and SECOND- EVERYONE goes through this! It's saying in touch that keeps us on track. So please, next time you are having a bummer of a time- email me, pm me or call- you have my number! I will do anything to help you as best I can. You have been there so much for me and I would love to return the good deed.

You're right- you are not a negative person. That is what I like so much about you! SO, take that wonderful quality that you have and start putting it to good use! OK! Come on now!! I want you to tell me 3 wonderful things about you! 3 things that nobody else knows- but keep them G rated- ok?!?!?! :p

Hang in there girl- you're on the up swing now!

nativetxn
06-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Kamy, am I going to have to get in my little car and drive over there?

You know what? I think we sometimes forget that WISH is here for the hard times. When we are doing great it's fun to come here and brag on ourselves, but WISH works best for everyone if you come here when you aren't doing so well.

It's true, honest. Do you think I'm teasing when I say that by trying to help and encourage others, I gain strength and motivation? I'm not teasing. It is true.

If everyone on WISH only posts when they have dropped a lot of weight, or gone down a size, or gotten a new clipart, this place would not be nearly as effective and helpful for us all.

Realizing that I am not alone in this battle, realizing that I am not the only person with weaknesses and imperfections, helps me a lot. I think it helps all of us to know that.

Now, knock it off. You'd better find two minutes a day to come here and say hi. You don't have to post to every post on the board, just let us know you are here with us in spirit even though you are so busy.

You know we miss you when you aren't around. Don't deprive us of the smiles you bring us all.

{{{HUGS}}} I'm proud of you for continuing your workouts. You need to come up with a plan for dealing with these busy days of yours. I'll bet there is a way you can eat right <i>and</i> be busy :)

TigH
06-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Oh, Kamy! I have been thinking about you all morning. I am so glad you came to post here. It saved you from a loooooong message from me via e-mail (although I can't promise this won't be long!)

Stop apologizing! You are allowed to take time off from WISH any time you want! Of course, my friends are always telling me that when I feel depressed I should turn to them right away instead of keeping to myself, so I am going to tell you the same thing! :) We are all here to help you out of that rut when you feel like you are ready to get out! I know it's hard to be perky and positive when you just feel downright blue, but nobody expects you to be perky and positive every day (you'd scare me to death if you never had an Eeyore day!) ;) Please know you are in my thoughts and I am sending you endless cyber hugs!

Do the best you can with your healthy eating between now and the 7th. At LEAST you are exercising, which is GREAT! So don't worry too much about anything you've eaten that isn't on plan or that you will eat over the next few weeks that isn't on plan. You are in this for life, and we will hunt you down after th 7th if you are still MIA then! ha ha ha! :) I can see it now, the MI WISHers will show up on your doorstep with a fresh journal and brand new pen for you to use! hee hee!

Hang in there! I hope that tomorrow you wake up feeling brighter and energetic! Just do some day dreaming today and think of your recent vacation and what life could be like in the future... :)

Hugs, Karen ;) xo

Luvinit
06-19-2003, 01:05 PM
Kamy....everyone has pretty much summed it all up!!!

I am glad you decided to poke your head in and say hi.

Sending you some {{{{{hugs}}}}}} and Pixie Dust!!!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When you are ready... you know we will all be here waiting!!

Tracy

tiggerlover
06-19-2003, 01:15 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}}} Kamy. I am so sorry that the week hasn't gotten better for you. I am also sorry I have been a lousy buddy the last two days! I have your last email sitting in my inbox, but I just haven't had all that much time to sit down and reply. :( Everyone has pretty much put it in a nutshell, so there is not too much to add. Why not try when you have a hard week to congratulate yourself on the small accomplishments and just strive harded to fix whatever isn't working at that time. Just this week I was reading something in regards to weight loss and getting healthy and it stuck with me. It said to focus on progress and to not let slip-ups slow you down, to just keep moving forward one day at a time. Sounded like great advice that was worth passing on.

Hang in there buddy!!!! Your WISH pals will pick you up in your time of need.

mowsie dreamer
06-19-2003, 01:31 PM
I know just how you feel, Kamy. I was feeling the same way a couple of days ago. When life gets crazy it's so easy to fall back into those old patterns. But that is exactly when you need to come to WISH. You know that you will get support and caring and a good old kick in the butt, if that is what is needed. :D

{{{{HUGS}}}} and I'm glad you are back!

kamgen
06-19-2003, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone...I should know better than to stay away...I just felt so out of it!
nativetxn- You are right as usual!!! :)
TigH- oh, I have Eeyore days...believe me..this just feels like an Eeyore month!!! LOL!
tiggerlover- You are NOT a bad buddy! You are a wonderful buddy who is always here for me!! :)
karebear1- okay, three things....hmmm....well, this week I fit into an old size 8 pair of pants...that is darn wonderful! Ummm, my boss said today that he noticed I lost a lot of weight and I look great....and I managed to pick myself up and return to my friends at the WISH!!! (do those count??) :)

All of you at WISH mean so much to me! All of your kind words and your motivation....I really thank you for it! I guess my plan is to do my best to watch portions and keep up my workouts. Since I will be "out to eat" for almost every meal this weekend, that seems to be what I can do. We leave for vacation next Friday, so that is a whole other story.....but one step at a time!

TigH
06-19-2003, 02:33 PM
SIZE 8s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Eeyore never looked as good in his swishy tail as you do in your size 8s, Kamy!!!

I'm so glad you posted! Even if you have to force yourself to be happy, do it! :) You know we all care about you and want to do our best to make you feel happy!!!

WOW! I am sooooo excited for you about those size 8s, that is awesome! Enjoy your weekend, even the meals out. Pretend you are on maintenance. I bet once the "madness" stops and things get quieter for you and you can get back into point range you will get a nice visit from the Woosh fairy!!!

kamgen
06-19-2003, 03:10 PM
Well, all the rest of my stuff is still 10's, but that one pair is an 8! Wahoo!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

CrzyforPiglet
06-19-2003, 04:08 PM
It sounds as if you're already feeling better and I'm soooo glad because I knew I hadn't seen you around and you gave me quite a scare. I was about to send you a long e-mail as well just in case you couldn't get into the boards and then I saw your post!! Congratulations on fitting into those 8s!! Who cares how many say 8 as long one does it's kudos to you!!! I'm still having quite a time bouncing back from Memorial day but slowly and surely I'm getting back on track - heck I just found my wagon again now I'm working towards getting into the driver's seat!!

You are never alone and there is always someone here to help out, lend an ear, and give you a boost!! Plus I should tell you that you saved me this week :eek: I couldn't get on the boards and was in major WISH withdrawl - until I remembered your website and was able to access the links through there so here's my GREAT BIG THANK YOU to you!! You saved a fellow WISHer this week - me!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

nativetxn
06-19-2003, 04:08 PM
If you think about it a little bit, I'll bet you can figure out something that you could eat "out" that doesn't sabotage all of the progress you have made. Honest, I've seen it happen ;)