PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED 7/10 -WISH MEET at Kamgens July 19! Link Here

kamgen
06-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Here is the link to the DIS meets board about the WISH meet I am planning at my home!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=388167&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I have narrowed it down to two dates (July 19 or August 9) and I am looking for input! All are welcome....
Check out the thread on the DIS Meets board!

kamgen
06-19-2003, 01:37 PM
katholyn- does this work for a link to the dis meets thread???
Thanks!

nativetxn
06-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Yes, the link works. Let me know when you determine a final date, I wouldn't miss this meet for anything in the world!

Beanie
06-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Well I wish I could attend, but that is just too far for me! LOL...But please take lots of pictures for the rest of us!! :):)

kamgen
06-20-2003, 07:35 AM
Awww Beanie...you can make it! LOL!!! Just kidding.....NH is way far! LOL!!! :)
I will be sure to take pics and send them to you! I know that we will have a blast!

nativetxn
06-20-2003, 12:31 PM
I get dibs on the back row of that photo, Kamy ;)

kamgen
06-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Katholyn~Nope! No back for you! LOL!!! :)

Can't wait to finally meet all of you! :)

CrzyforPiglet
06-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Howdy Kamy!! I've got a family wedding on August 9th so my vote is for July 19th!! I'm so excited at the prospect of meeting fellow Disney crazed fans!! My family and friends just don't understand

kamgen
06-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Okay, I am making a commitment here!!! July 19 is the day!!!
More details will follow, but mark your calendars!!!!!

Check out the info on the DIS Meets board from now on!!! Hope to see my WISH friends then!

nativetxn
06-23-2003, 09:10 PM
That works for me.

WebmasterKathy
06-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Oh, man!!! I sure wish I wasn't so far away!

It sounds like you'll have a wonderful and rowdy time. I'll be there in spirit. Maybe somebody can do a tequila shot for me.:p

ohMom
06-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Kamy - Mom and I will be there, I'll probably PM you details :)

Kabuli1
06-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Oh, man, that's probably the worst date! Well, I'm gonna be there, no matter what!

BUT I need some airport help!!! No way can I drive and be back for a first thing in the am flight to Orlando! Can anybody get me from DTW and back??? I might be able to talk my inlaws into picking me up from the airport and getting me to the WISH meet - but I'm going to need a ride back - we can work out details etc.

Please, Please, Please!!!!

Karyn

kamgen
06-24-2003, 10:09 AM
karyn~ It will be awesome to have you there! I am sure we can work something out!!!! We are about 20-25min from DTW...I know we can get you back, or maybe another WISHer....

Can't wait to see you!

CrzyforPiglet
06-24-2003, 10:25 AM
Howdy Karyn - DTW is right on our way home so we should have no problem swinging by and dropping you off!

kamgen
06-24-2003, 01:32 PM
see karyn! We will take care of ya!!!

Can't wait to meet my WISH friends!

kamgen
06-26-2003, 08:15 AM
I am going to be out of town until July 7, so don't think this meet is not happening! LOL!!!
I am planning on around noon or so if that works for everyone, maybe later if people need more time to arrive.
Can't wait to meet some of my WISH friends! :)

nativetxn
06-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for letting us know you will be away, Kamy. I'm really looking forward to meeting some WISH friends!

nativetxn
06-27-2003, 08:23 PM
I found this on page two :eek:

kamgen
07-07-2003, 08:44 AM
I am back from my vacation. Had a great time....was pretty much totally off program...but back on today.....
I cannot wait to meet you all.....I'm really excited!

Thanks for the bump up Katholyn!

kamgen
07-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Anyone else????
Karyn-have you made your plans yet??

Can't wait to meet those of you who can make it!

kamgen
07-10-2003, 09:00 AM
I am thinking around 2pm. For those of you traveling far, you can make arrangements with me to come early, no problem! :)
PM me when your plans are set! Cannot wait to meet all of you! Right now I have the attendees as:
kamgen
nativetxn
OhMom and mom :)
Kabuli1
crzyforpiglet

Is that right?? Any other takers???

FantasticDisFamily
07-11-2003, 08:37 AM
Hi all,

Sorry I won't be able to make it. Am on the west side of the state, about 4 hours drive each way. Other commitments just are not going to allow. DD heads off to Mackinac as an Honor Scout that morning. DH & DS will be gone so I have already planned with several friends here to do an all day scrap fest!

Then Sunday DH & I head up to Mackinac Island to spend a few days beaming as the proud parents of one those elite Scouts!

Have a grand time - if I get a chance I'll send some pictures (the flat traveler kind :p ) so I can be there in spirit!

Deb

kamgen
07-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Thanks Deb! Wish you could join us, but Mackinac is great....enjoy it! :) You will be there in spirit! :)

kamgen
07-11-2003, 09:59 AM
NEW TIME!!!!
12noon on July 19

This will help Karyn out so she can make her flight!! :)

kamgen
07-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Okay people...it is this weekend!!! Now, we need to discuss grub! :) LOL!
I need to know who is WW and who is on Atkins so we can get food for all of us....and if you decide to throw caution to the wind and take this day off.....well good for you! I will have something tasty on hand! LOL!! :)

Email me so we can discuss kamgen@yahoo.com

nativetxn
07-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Only a few more days. Can't wait to meet you Kamy

kamgen
07-15-2003, 10:54 AM
I am so excited to meet everyone!!!!! Email me for directions!
Thanks to all of you who are bringing something too! :)

nativetxn
07-15-2003, 11:12 AM
I wonder how many Atkins and how many WW people we will have?

I'm Atkins :-) No one knew that, right? ;-)

kamgen
07-15-2003, 11:20 AM
LOL!!!!
I hope everyone feels the food will be accomodating.
Here is what I have so far.
As for grilling, we can make BOCA burgers, Hot dogs, chicken breast, sirloin burgers.
Please list your preference.

Drink wise we have: low carb Beer, Crystal Light, water, wine, etc.
Hope that covers everyone :)

Some of you have offered to bring sides. Please list them here so we can see what is being brought! Thanks so much!
Starts at noon....see you all then!

ohMom
07-15-2003, 11:21 AM
Katholyn - I think my daughters will eat more like you than I !!! they aren't fans of Boca burgers, but a REAL burger!!!!

Mom (AlreadyexcitedGrammy a.k.a. Bebr) will be bringing a hot German potato salad (WW friendly)

I'll be making the WW version of chocolate cheesecake. I don't know if it would be Atkins friendly if I just baked some in a dish without the crust? Kath - PM if you want me to investigate that further!

Kamy - I'm happy to bring something else if you need! I may let the girls throw in a bag of chips? we'll see. DD just got her braces on today so we'll see how the week goes for her :)

kamgen
07-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Molli~ Thanks for the info!
We will have Boca burgers and sirloin burgers for sure! :)
If anyone needs a different meat, let me know. DH (Tim) will probably grill hot dogs too. :)

All that sound great and yummy! I plan to have some fruit too.

This is gonna be fun! :)

Kabuli1
07-15-2003, 01:00 PM
I'll bring greens to make a salad - and of course, I'll bring Blue Cheese dressing for Kath and me! (Kath - do you prefer Ranch?) I need to know what kind of dressing to bring for WW people! Molli, no, we Atkins people probably can't have your chocolate dessert unless there's no sugar or any of the other bad carbs! But, trust me, we'll be fine watching you enjoy it! REALLY - it will be the german potato salad that will make me cry!!!

Karyn

nativetxn
07-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Molli is there any flour in that cheesecake? If there is I won't eat it yet. Someday, perhaps.

I don't care about the dressing, Karyn. I usually eat Ranch but I don't hate Bleu Cheese--I can eat that too. Just bring the bleu cheese.

kamgen
07-15-2003, 01:35 PM
Looks at all of us just planning away!!!
This is gonna be a good time.... :)
Remember to email me to get directions and my phone number!
Cannot wait to meet everyone! :)

What we have so far:
Meats (burgers, boca burgers, hot dogs)
german potato salad
salad
veggies
fruit
chocolate cheescake

water
crystal light
low carb beer (mich Ultra)
wine

:)

CrzyforPiglet
07-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Even though it's listed - I'm down for bringing the veggies. It is so strange to be something I enjoy snacking on now - not like before. Now if I don't have veggies for a few days - I actually miss them!!! Crazy but true. I'll also bring a dip of some kind - i'll try to find an atkins one to make it party friendly!! I am so excited to meet everyone and my husband remembered so I have every reason to think he will be there as well - I told my friends at work that I was going to meet some other Disney crazed people and I think they're jealous :p I loved grilled hamburgers - sorry no Boca for me - mmmm. Maybe I should stop thinking about it before I get too hungry :smooth:

See everyone Saturday!!

AlreadyexcitedGrammy
07-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I wish I could make the german potato salad Atkins friendly but I'm thinking that would probably just be just bacon for you guys - mmm- sorry. But, can't wait to meet everyone - it's been a hetic few days for me so I am looking forward to a get-a-way that will be FUN !!!

Till Sat or till you suggest I bring along something else, which I am most happy to do ;)

nativetxn
07-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Bebr, bring your recipe, I'll bet I can replace the potatoes with cauliflower and end up with a pretty decent Atkins friendly German fauxtato salad ;-)

Kabuli1
07-16-2003, 06:01 AM
Katholyn,

I was thinking the same thing! Can we make the German Potato salad w/ cauliflower???? I'll bring Ranch Dressing - I like it better anyway - got a favorite brand? I'd try making one of those Atkins cheesecakes, but I'm not sure how it would hold up for a long train ride!

Karyn

nativetxn
07-16-2003, 06:38 AM
Hidden Valley Ranch brand please :teeth:

kamgen
07-16-2003, 08:14 AM
If someone emails me an Atkins dessert or other recipe, I could make it! Heck, I will eat just about anything!
LOL!!!!!!

Kabuli1
07-16-2003, 09:32 AM
The cheesecake recipes are on pg 3 of the Low carb recipe thread at the top of WISH - but they look like ALOT of work! So really, we're fine w/o it!

Karyn

kamgen
07-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Just trying to help it be all program friendly!
:)
Are there any other things that I could have for everyone?? :)

Cannot wait! :)

ohMom
07-16-2003, 02:11 PM
can't wait!

it all sounds great to me. Sorry Atkins folks, the cheesecake I'm bringing does have sugar and flour. I already bought ingredients so i'll stick to this.......sorry I didn't think ahead much!

whoever is bringing salad and asked about WW? I like Kraft Just 2 Good three-cheese ranch. I would think though since Kamy is on WW she'd probably have a variety in the frig??? Kamy??

kamgen
07-17-2003, 07:45 AM
I got some dressing...not sure what....but I will make sure there is somewhat of a variety! :)

I am so excited to meet everyone!

Would you all mind bringing a before pic with you?? Thought it would be fun to see them all! :)

The weather is supposed to be nice, so we will most likely be outside (if that is okay)...but my house will be open if it gets too hot! :)

PS-I have some fat free, sugar free popsicles in the freezer if it gets real hot! :)

Anyone still need directions?? PM me!

Mom2Princesses
07-17-2003, 09:22 AM
This sounds like so much fun, I wish I could make it, but DH works every Saturday and thus, as usual, I get no Mommy by herself time. How do I find out when there is another one planned here in Michigan? I live in Macomb county. Have fun!

kamgen
07-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Nancy,
There are other children coming, so if that is an issue, you may bring your children! :)

We will be sure to post any meets here so you will know when we do it again! :)

nativetxn
07-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Yes, Nancy, bring the kids. I love kids :)

Kamy, I'll be sending a pm requesting directions tomorrow, probably.

Mom2Princesses
07-17-2003, 10:13 PM
Well, thanks ladies! I am definitely thinking I am going to try this. I PM'd you Kamgen, hope to see you all Saturday!

nativetxn
07-18-2003, 12:38 AM
YAY!!! I sure hope to get to meet you Saturday, Nancy :teeth:

FantasticDisFamily
07-18-2003, 07:25 AM
HI all!

Well I had emailed Kamy for her address and was planning to send photos so I'd be there in "flat" form! But the week has gotten away from me as seems to be the norm of late. And here it is Friday with nothing on the way!

Will be there in spirit anyway.

Deb

kamgen
07-18-2003, 07:49 AM
No problem Deb, we will miss you! :)

Everyone welcome Nancy! She might be joining us!!! Yahoo!
Always great to meet fellow DISers and even better to meet up with my WISH friends! :)

Party starts at noon....just casual, outdoor gathering of friends....weather should be great and I look forward to seeing all of you!

Kabuli1
07-18-2003, 08:02 AM
YEAH Nancy! Glad you're joining us!

If I don't get off this board soon, I'm going to never get packed and on my train!!

Deb, so sorry you couldn't come too this time! I'm sure my train from Chicago passes by you - why don't you just jump on with me! Bring the kiddies! I had to laugh over the comment abut the "flat form" of you! That was pretty funny. I remeber when a picture of me wasn't any flatter than I was in person! Wish you could be there tomorrow!

I'm excited!

Karyn

kamgen
07-18-2003, 08:06 AM
karyn,
Cannot wait to meet you! Have a safe trip!

Okay everyone.....it is almost time! Cannot wait to meet all of you!

ohMom
07-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Nancy - I'm bring my DDs - ages 10 and 6! We are bringing a few things to play with (American girl dolls? maybe zoo critters) are you girls into things like that?

Mom2Princesses
07-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

My DD's are 5 and 2 (3 in October). So they will definitely have a good time meeting your DD's, Molli! I will ask them what they want to bring, probably a couple Barbies and a car to drive them in, or something. I will have them bring a couple of their American Girl (knockoffs) too. I am so glad there will be other girls, that makes it so much easier!

I am going to attempt to make an Atkins dessert, I have never made any so I hope it turns out okay. I have several recipes, mostly mousse style desserts. Do we know a total number of people that will be there?

How exciting!
I'll be checking back throughout the day!

kamgen
07-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Nancy,
I responded to your PM!

I will have some blankets out to put on the grass for the kids to play on if that helps! That is what we usually do when we have picnics and kids are coming...

Anything else I can do to make it better for anyone???
Right now it looks like about 9 adults and 4 kids! :)