PDA

View Full Version : Iron on Mickey Patch?? Other custome shirt ideas?

jacksmom
06-18-2003, 08:28 PM
I want to customize polo shirts for our family trip in Oct. I was wondering if anyone knew where I might be able to find iron on disney patches, preferably mickey mouse? Also, any other ideas for mathcing family shirts ( tees or polos). Also, while I"ve got your attention! Any family disney costume ideas??? Thanks for your help!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Julia H.
06-19-2003, 12:14 AM
Wright's makes a whole line of Disney patches; I've seen them at Jo Ann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, and Walmart. I believe they run about $2 each at Walmart and Hobby Lobby, and HL has been known to put all their patches on sale half price.

http://www.wrights.com/products/featureproducts/disney/disney.htm

Memaw2Wm
06-19-2003, 11:46 AM
The last time I picked up a Disney catalog at the Disney store, they had character t-shirts that could be personalized ... you had several choices of characters or character groupings (Mickey & Friends, Princesses, Pooh & Friends) and then you culd have three lines of personalization.

Which reminds me, I need to order some for our trip!

nicki dahling
06-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Have you tried the iron on transfers that you can print from your computer ? You could use clip art or a picture from past trips. The Navigator man on the Cruise board has done this . If I can find the link I will post it.
Cyndi (AKANIckidahling)

jacksmom
06-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Cyndi, Thanks that sounds like a wonderful idea. I would love some instructions!:bounce:

nicki dahling
06-21-2003, 11:40 PM
Here is the man that can help you.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392643

Cyndi ( AKANickidahling )

off2disney
06-22-2003, 12:39 AM
jacksmom,

I bought a package of iron-on tee-shirt transfers from K-Mart (you can get them at Wal-mart, Office Max, etc) that came with a Disney CD-Rom that has Mickey & friends (Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, etc), Pooh and friends (Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger), Tory Story (Woody, Buzz Lightyear, etc) and the Little Mermaid) that you could print on your computer then just iron them on.

I took a long sleeved white shirt and put characters all over it and it really turned out cute. One of my co-workers wanted to know where I had bought it, and couldn't believe I had made it.

Safari Steve
07-02-2003, 12:28 PM
I have also been impressed with the iron-on transfer inkjet paper. I used it to make iron-ons I couldn't buy for a show I helped design in March (old-style Aerosmith logo and Cambridge U). They were stage-worthy, but laundering can take a toll rather quickly unless you remember to turn the shirt inside-out for washing (even then it will wear out with time).
There is a wide assortment of WDW-related iron-on patches available in the parks (wdw.mail.order@disney.com) I bought a set of 5 for around $10, and I plan on adding them to a leather/denim jacket (the denim parts, of course) as soon as I find one I like. Much less expensive and a similar look to buying one of those fancy bomber/letterman jackets in the park.