PDA

View Full Version : Fav low carb products...

lenshanem
06-18-2003, 04:09 PM
and their websites or stores?

Earlier mentions -

gummy bears at carbolitedirect (Their candy bars really hurt my tummy, I wonder if these gummy bears might be the same way?)

tortillas at latortillafactory

ICE CREAM from Atkins!!! (I saw BJs carries it, has anyone been there yet to confirm and the price?)

Keto Crisp Cereal Cocoa at netrition

and anyone have any fav low carb pastas or breads?

I'm not here often, but I mentioned before I'm trying to get back on Atkins. I'm burned out on the typical Atkins foods so I'm really looking for some alternatives cause I can't keep from cheating this summer! :(

Thanks so much!!!

minniecarousel
06-18-2003, 05:21 PM
The gummy bears probably contain maltitol - which is in the carbolite candy bars. I can tolerate only very small amounts of maltitol (to put it bluntly: it gives me the "runs"!)

I really like the mock "danish" posted on the low-carb recipe thread here. I've also taken to eating a few nuts - mostly almonds & macadamias.

I also barbeque using the Paul Prudhomme dry seasonings instead of barbeque sauce. (the family can add bbq sauce if they want it).

I bought my first loaf of low-carb bread & had toast for the first time in ages! yum!

nativetxn
06-18-2003, 07:10 PM
I just happen to have a bag of gummi bears right here. I'm saving them for an emergency ;)

They contain 30grams of sugar alcohols from Maltilol. So, they contain zero impact carbs but if you are sensitive to sugar alcohols you might want to avoid them.

I am going to melt a carbolite chocolate bar and pour it over the gummi bears just to see if they are good that way :)

KarenNY was telling us in chat last night that she bought a loaf of low carb rye bread that was really good. I can't remember if it was Atkins brand or another brand.

My MIL enjoys a slice of Atkins white bread toasted every morning. I've never tried it, myself.

Katholyn

lenshanem
06-19-2003, 09:08 AM
I wonder if they are ordering the LC bread or buying it somewhere? It is so expensive.
I also saw a LC pizza kit on neitrion.
YUM!
But then I started thinking I could take a LC tortilla and spread tomato sauce on it and sprinkle it with cheese. Pop in microwave for a few and roll it up for liek a piza roll?
Sounds good to me know anway...
I'm trying to make a list before I put in my order. I think I'll just use neitrion cause they have alot on there and I can just do it in one order.
Thansk!

Beanie
06-19-2003, 10:44 PM
I absolutely love the Low carb tortillas with Tuna fish and mayo! Yum!~

I really need to try that Atkins bread...I don't want to make a diet of it, but would love to try a slice! :)`