PDA

View Full Version : I am in HOG heaven (literally)

nativetxn
06-18-2003, 04:24 PM
I have difficulty finding cracklings in Michigan. I usually have my family mail them to me from Texas.

I found a place online the other day and I ordered some. A little expensive compared to what they cost in the southern states but it's worth it to me and it certainly isn't any more expensive than paying postage.

Right now, I'm eating salt & vinegar flavored cracklings and they are <i>so</i> good! Zero carbs.

I used to love salt & vinegar potato chips and this is a wonderful substitue. I just love these, I'll be buying more, I can tell :)

They have salt & vinegar pork rinds too.

Just wanted to share. I found them <b>HERE</b> (http://www.wilstar.net/porkrinds/)

wovenwonder
06-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Order $200 worth and you get free shipping Kath! You'd then have enough to share with all your 'Wish' Friends.;)

disneyeveryyear
06-18-2003, 04:38 PM
For those of us neophites in the midwest, what is the difference between cracklins and pork rinds?

I do know what port rinds are, but don't know about cracklins.

nativetxn
06-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Pork rinds are fried cracklings. Cracklings are the same thing as pork rinds except they are baked and instead of a "puffy" snack, you have a "chewy" snack. I prefer cracklings to pork rinds :)

disneyeveryyear
06-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I have learned something new today.

Still not sure it is a snack I would prefer, not a salty, crunchy, chipy kind of person, but good to know.

Our natural food store had cheese snacks. Looked like a rice cake, but were flavored cheese which had been melted and then hardened. A friend says they are quite good.

dizneegirl
06-19-2003, 09:47 AM
What about Wash Pot or Fat Back? If you like those, you might try wallacesporkskins.com. :)

airhead
06-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Man,they smell funky!!! I'll eat them,but I'm careful not to whiff
the bag!!!! STANKY!!!!

airhead

Beanie
06-19-2003, 11:47 PM
I have never even heard of cracklins, but I do know that I cannot stand Pork Rinds! Yuck!

WebmasterKathy
06-23-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm so glad you found those, Kath!

Everytime I go into a new grocery or convenience store, every time I pass a vending machine, I've had my eyes peeled to find your cracklings. I haven't found them anywhere around North Texas!

Guess I can stop looking now.:p

(DH thinks I'm nuts. Me: "Help me look at the snacks for cracklings." Him: "What are cracklings?" Me: "Don't really know, but they sound kind of like pork rinds." Him: "I didn't know you liked pork rinds." Me: "I don't." Him: "So why are we looking for them?" Me: "Because Katholyn likes them and can't find them up north." Him: "Katholyn? Oh, yeah... from the internet." Then the rollie-eyes and the *teasing* about all the internet stalkers and how I take everybody at face value, but my internet buddies are really just a bunch of perverts and crooks who put on secret internet identities to collect all of our personal info so they can steal our identities or break into the house when we're on vacation...
:jester: He's really bad. ;) )

becka
06-23-2003, 02:16 PM
ROFL! Before I opened this thread my first thought was that you were visiting Arkansas!!! :p :rolleyes:

I was a little excited because I was wondering if you would be there for a little while longer because then I could maybe meet you. I will be visiting my parents in Little Rock in a little over a week so I would be in the area. :)

Well back to your regularly scheduled WISHing..... :)