PDA

View Full Version : Cheap on line place to buy Fibers?

Spinning
06-18-2003, 01:37 PM
I ordered from www.memoriesfromtherabbit Great prices and quick service and they are closed due to moving and won't open again till later summer
Any other great places?

pattyT
06-18-2003, 02:43 PM
Try
FibersbytheYard
and
BrownBagFibers
they have great prices and service!
PattyT

crazyforpooh
06-18-2003, 04:50 PM
But, my real question is are the archival safe? I have a thing about this after all the work (not to mention the ssshh $$$) I've put into our scrapbooks.

I'd love to hear about them.

Laura

A scrapaholic

pattyT
06-18-2003, 05:06 PM
There are a lot of diputes as to what constitutes 'safe;-
Fibers are a current favorite of mine!
I use them to hang tags,
string between eyelets for a pretty look,
oh there are a million things -
best bet go to www.twopeasinabucket.com and do a search for fibers and you will see a million layouts using them!

hth
Pattyt

BethanyF
06-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by crazyforpooh
But, my real question is are the archival safe?

Acid / lignin free is mainly a concern with dealing with paper products, so you dont have to deal with acid when it comes to fibers. If you are worried about color-fastness, soak them in water for a while and let them dry. That will get all the excess die out.
I am not too fanatical about af /lf materials. I only use safe paper and good adhesives, but for the rest of it, almost anything goes. Besides, photos are NOT af/lf.

Thumpersmom
06-20-2003, 02:12 PM
I just got an order this week from fibers by the yard. It was quick and I was happy with everything I got. I also went for 2 grab bags and was happy with what was in them.

Most of them were around $0.40 per yard so I thought I can't go wrong. They are marked with their fiber number and placed into little bags. I store them in a binder filled with trading card pages and put each fiber in it's own "card slot". If this helps......

Kristina