PDA

View Full Version : what is up with that???????

ohMom
06-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Ok - now opinions please! Against my better judgement and preaching to only EVER weigh in (WI) once a week - I did a sneak WI on Monday (Wed. is my official day):eek:

Anyhow, I was pleased b/c Monday I was 141, so anxiously I went to the Y this morning for my yoga class and pottied (as usual every bit helps!) and the did a WI and was disappointed to show 141.5.

Anyhow...........after class my 10 yr DD says, "Just go WI again", maybe it'll be different. I'm thinking "yea right", but since I'm such a great Mom and want her to feel like her opinions/input are very important, I take her advice. Head back to the locker room, potty, and WI at 140.5!

What is up with that! One hour later (no sweating, chilly yoga room) and I'm down a pound!!

Not that I'm complaining:smooth:

Luvinit
06-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Hummmm....don't know. But If you find out what it is, can you PLEASE bottle it and send me some...I will pay for shipping and handling...of course.!!

Congrats!!

Tracy

TigH
06-18-2003, 03:58 PM
That is strange! I see you updated your loss to show you are at 141, GOOD FOR YOU! :) This is the reason I am NOT cheat weighing this week (afraid it will be a good one and then come Friday it will be up and play with my mind!) ;) I think the potty part might have something to do with it, and even though you didn't get sweaty, you probably did prespire whilst yoga-ing!

I'll admit, there have been some days that I weighed in the morning first thing (after a potty!), then had my breakfast, rollerbladed, did pilates, lifted weights, went potty again and weighed up to 2 pound less! I knew it was sweat/water loss, but I really wished the lower weight would be the one that stuck!

Anyway, ohMom, I am proud of you! You are doing great on the cheat-free star challenge, you are exercising regularly and you whipped me into shape with the weights, and you are now at 141, a weight I am coveting!!!! I'll catch up to you, my pretty, and your little dog too (you have to read that in your best Wicked Witch of the West voice!) ;)

nativetxn
06-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Who knows the answer to the mystery of the Bloat Fairy, you aren't safe, even at the gym ;)

anniet
06-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I can lose a pound if I step towards the front of my scale, and gain a pound if I step on it towards the back. Guess which part I step on, when I sneak a peak?;)

But I always use WW scales as my official WI!!!

In any case congrats on the loss ohmom!!! Well done!

zurgswife
06-18-2003, 09:34 PM
To weigh multiple days ijn a row remember to weigh the same time of day to get semi reliable info....I'm a WI aholic...everyday after the potty and before the shower....It's been fairly reliable but it doesn't actually count until the official WI day of Monday...