PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring PMS News

Bichon Barb
06-18-2003, 10:57 AM
Finally! Good News About PMS

When a woman's hormones are raging for that period of time between her monthly ovulation and menstruation, she is actually able to burn more calories! Take advantage of your body's revved up metabolism and indulge in some extra treats like fig cookies, grapes, sweetened rice cakes, nutrition bars, etc.

It's important to note that although you'll be burning more calories during this time, you won't be able to metabolize a Big Mac, super-size fries and a double chocolate cake. Everything in moderation. How about a Happy Meal instead?

I found this on http://www.inspiredinformation.info. I wasn't aware that there was ANYTHING inspiring about PMS. LOL!
:p

nativetxn
06-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Drat, foiled again! Menopause took care of that extra calorie burning benefit. Oh, well.....

Dimplenose
06-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Maybe it's my shouting at the kids and stamping aroung the house that burns the calories at that time of month.:p

Libby

Bichon Barb
06-18-2003, 06:32 PM
You ain'ta kiddin' Libby!

Now where is the karn flarn #^#&$ smiley...Oh, here it is :p .

TigH
06-18-2003, 07:21 PM
A friend of mine told me this when I was in my early 20s, but I used to think it was her way of getting me to go to Roy Roger's with her for an afternoon sundae!!! ;) Do you think taking Evening Primrose for PMS will work against these raging hormone calorie burning days? ;) Rats! DH is ready to buy stock in Evening Primrose after my first PMS-less triumph though!

Minniespal
06-19-2003, 07:17 AM
That's good to know. Shame about the Big Mac though!!!!