PDA

View Full Version : SS Swap - Wish that's what I had said on my list

JudithM
06-18-2003, 12:05 AM
Laura, I just copied a line from another thread where you made the comment, "Wish that's what I had said on my list." Maybe now that we have answered our own questionnaire, have received our swap person's responses, & starting thinking of what to buy, etc., we might want to add or subtract from our original info. We might even want to ask a "generic" question of everyone in the swap in hopes that the person we have will answer :). I hope this makes sense (it's late).

Any additions, changes, etc.?

pattyT
06-18-2003, 02:47 PM
I will post another questionaire for next month???

I don't want to be forwarding a million e-mails around all the time - how about 1X a month!

Or start a thread called SS_I wish I had...
and just post and leave it up to the SS to check it...
Patty

RRBB
06-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Sounds good to me. This is just so much fun!!!

crazyforpooh
06-18-2003, 04:42 PM
I wish I had just Said "I don't use brads, charms or eyelets but I love surprises.

Is this what you mean?

Laura

pattyT
06-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Zacctly Laura---

I think we should just make thepost me here that way I don't have to e-mail a million times to everyone (I'll end up giving away the secret part by accident lol)

I will alert everyone that we are going to do that though!

JudithM
06-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by crazyforpooh
I wish I had just Said "I don't use brads, charms or eyelets but I love surprises. Is this what you mean? Laura

Laura, that is exactly what I mean! You wrote on another subject that you wished you had said something on your wish list, so I thought it was a good idea to start this subject.

Patty, I wasn't suggesting you do anything like emailing us either as a group or as an individuals. I am hoping participants will make comments on the bb for all to see. I got the impression from your reply on this subject that maybe you thought I meant you should do the emails. I think it is fine to use the bb for our information.

nicurn
06-20-2003, 05:39 AM
I finally thought of something!!!!:D I'd like one of those cute little trays that you can dump your glitter/beads/sand etc in so you don't make a huge mess. :D

I guess that would mean I would need those cute little fine beads too eh?:D maggie

pattyT
06-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Judy - oh no prob - that was just the first idea that came to mind!

Great Idea Nicurn - i would like one of those too - I bet you could use it for embossing powder - I always just use a sheet of paper - then I always end up with some on the fllor or desk! lol

:D

beansmom
06-20-2003, 11:10 AM
my dh would like me to have one of those trays, too, and I'm too cheap to buy one...but I now have embossing powder (I started playing with it two days ago for the first time!) alllllll over the house, me, the furniture...he's not happy!

He tried to get me to buy one the other day and I told him no way!! I could get two more jars of powder for what that little tray costs!:jester:

poohbear1029
06-20-2003, 11:49 AM
I think I forgot to put this on my list: refills of top-loading post bound page protectors (12x12)!! I never buy the practical stuff....just the "shiny objects"!!! LOL!!!

Spinning
06-20-2003, 12:33 PM
I should have put in mine, sticker remover or what ever it is that you use to get rid of sticky mistakes/stickers etc.....

beansmom
06-23-2003, 10:35 AM
BTT

crazyforpooh
06-26-2003, 08:19 PM
for Chalk Alphabet Templates.

JudithM
06-26-2003, 10:42 PM
for Chalk Alphabet Templates.

Ok, ... just curious ... I only used chalk once in a class ... what are these alphabet templates? different than regular alphabet templates?

crazyforpooh
06-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Check out this site - this is were I saw them. When looking around the site to get ideas on Chalk since I just bought some but really wasn't sure how to use it. I got the link from the Chalk? thread.

direct link to chalk tips

http://www.chalktemplates.com/s8.htm

Laura

nicurn
06-27-2003, 07:13 AM
I probably should have put glue dots and the pop dots :D maggie

RRBB
06-27-2003, 11:13 AM
Check out this site - this is were I saw them. When looking around the site to get ideas on Chalk since I just bought some but really wasn't sure how to use it. I got the link from the Chalk? thread.

direct link to chalk tips

http://www.chalktemplates.com/s8.htm

Laura I saw those templates (from Scrapbook Magic (http://www.scrapbookmagic.net/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SM&Category_Code=AD)) on an episode of DIY Scrapbooking. http://www.diynet.com/DIY/article/0,2058,10134,00.html They look really cool.

nicurn
06-27-2003, 11:45 AM
the chalk templates from scrapbook magic rock! I bought three of them at the GASC convention in Va. I love them! (of course, I also have random templates from michael's and walmart that you can chalk on as well, they are a little less sturdy, but I haven't had a problem with them. ) maggie

Disneynut11676
06-27-2003, 08:12 PM
I don't know much about eyelets, brads, fibers, chalk (all the neat things that I am just really finding out about), but would love to try them.

Spinning
06-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Chalk templates....interesting....not something I would buy myself but wouldn't complain if I had some! HAHAHA

JudithM
06-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Ok, ... what is the difference between chalp alpha templates & regular alpha templates? Thank you!

nicurn
06-27-2003, 09:01 PM
I don't think there really is a difference. The only thing I really noticed about the templates that I bought at the GASC was that they are stiffer than the collection I have from walmart and Michael's for example. I think this makes it easier to chalk without the template coming up and making you make a mess out of your letters, animals, etc. (I could be totally wrong on that by the way....:D ) Maggie

(also since they are a bit sturdier, they are less likely to rip, which I have done with my cute little letter one from walmart)

crazyforpooh
06-27-2003, 09:02 PM
:confused:

I saw them being used on DIY and they look really kewl!! So I just thought I would wish upon a star for them.

Maybe I'll ask tomorrow when I go cropping if I don't foret.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

crazyforpooh
06-27-2003, 09:33 PM
nicurn - if you don't mind my asking how much did you pay for your templates and which chalk templates did you get?

I want to hear all about these.

Laura

RRBB
06-27-2003, 10:02 PM
I can't speak for the durability of the templates, but the set that crazyforpooh seems to be interested in (at least looking at the picture) is a layered/themed template. The way they showed it on DIY Scrapbooking, you first chalk a chunky letter. Then you lay the themed template down, erase and rechalk (or use markers, etc.) the top layer. The results really are neat. (See link to the DIY article above.)

nicurn
06-28-2003, 07:56 AM
I bought them from their booth and they were 5.50 each since I bought 3. I bought zoo animals because they were really cute, the one with strawberries and other flowers,(country charm) and dazzling doodles #3030 sand and sea for any beach layouts I might do. :D I bought the "decorating chalks, for a pastel touch" there are 24 squares in the box. It was $10.99. You can also get smaller boxes with 9 colours for 5.99 or something to that effect. You might want to look for the chalks by EK success though, they come with a chalk erasure and are circular. maggie

JudithM
06-28-2003, 06:42 PM
I just looked at both websites mentioned above & cannot tell the difference :). I asked at one of my LSS today & the owner was not familiar with a separate alphabet template just for chalk.

nicurn
06-28-2003, 07:25 PM
I don't think they are specifically for chalk, they just are used with chalk by the chalk lady on the web site. She does say you can use them with markers, etc. I think that they may be a little more sturdy than say the templates at walmart. The sturdier they are, the easier it is to chalk on them. maggie

JudithM
06-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks, Maggie! Sometimes it takes me awhile to catch on especially since I need to see something like this to better understand it :).

poohbear1029
06-29-2003, 01:36 PM
I think I put this on my survey, but wasnt sure! I have seen tons of great pages with this lately and I am eager to try!!!

thanks!:D

crazyforpooh
07-01-2003, 08:42 PM
time. They are pretty kewl. Atleast I think they look it and hope the those in the Summer/Holiday swap hope they do.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

pattyT
07-02-2003, 07:04 AM
YA I am in that swap - and I LOVE brads (lot less work than eyelets thats for sure! :)

Has anyone tried the 12x12 colorblocking Templates?
I keep looking at them...

PattyT

crazyforpooh
07-02-2003, 07:58 AM
albums - remember we have to trim all our paper.

Laura

pattyT
07-02-2003, 08:07 PM
I use them -
I wallpaper most of my pages -
meaning htat I take a peice of 12X12 cut it to fit between the plastic end pieces - then use the paper to make my layout then I adhere the whole page to the CM page
here are a few examples:

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=121195

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=117189

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=123155

if you look close you can see that they are in cm albums!

oh if you don't wallpaper then you can just make a title - matt and put the eyelet or brad through just the title then adhere to the page - I have examples of that somewhere if I can find them!

were being thread thiefs here! :) sorry guys!

hth
PattyT

nicurn
07-02-2003, 09:53 PM
Ok, what are the colorblocking templates? maggie

crazyforpooh
07-03-2003, 05:14 AM
your dd is a cutie. Since car also.

Have a good 4th of July everyone.

Laura

pattyT
07-03-2003, 06:54 AM
AIRHEAD ALERT!

I'm sorry Laura I thought you meant Brads won't work - I bet the templates would only work if you wallpaper way to the edges of a page - I'll have to measure and see - I have seen websites with instruction on how to make your own templates (to lazy rather buy em) maybe I'll have to do that!

Maggie-
COlorblocking Templates - heres a link- it's easier than explaining I think - The template allows you to cut the blocks of color or photos precisely!

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=171243

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=171240

those are made from the same 'template' you can flip and flop for a bunch of layouts!

hth
pattyT

aurora19
07-03-2003, 08:24 AM
PattyT,

I love the look of the Deluxe Cut Colorblocking Templates - but I'm too cheap to buy them :rolleyes: (mostly because I would want them all in the 12x12 size - at $6 a piece - I could buy lots of other supplies) I'm also disappointed that I didn't know that they were on sale a couple weeks ago at AC Moore. Oh well.

Spinning
07-03-2003, 08:44 AM
I have one of those color block things and just don't get it! DH gave me one for Christmas I tried to use but just didn't under stand! So now it is house proudly in my Sticker binder! Maybe I will try it again!

pattyT
07-03-2003, 09:34 PM
lol Spinning -
sounds like my 'sewing machine'
do a search on twopeasinabucket
you will see tons of ideas!

JudithM
07-06-2003, 07:22 PM
One of my LSS was having a one year anniversary sale yesterday :). I bought the tools & mat to start using eyelets. However, the selection of eyelets was limited (compared to the other LSS). I bought a bag of green holly leaves & a bag of assorted christmas ones - stockings, snowflakes & angels. I also got a packet of "white" eyelets that are actually light gray (good for my future military/Americana pages & books.

So, ... can I add eyelets to my "wish that's what I had said on my list?" If possible, of course :) ... If not, that's ok, too ... I just like being part of this swap anyway!!

pattyT
07-06-2003, 09:35 PM
What kind of setter did you get?
I have been debating buying one of those adjustable types cuz there are different size eyelets - I use primarily 1/8ths now but I like and even have some of the 3/16ths!
If you do have that how do you like it?

I think you will have fun with it -
there are tons of eyelet stores online with CHEAP shipping! Let me know if you need info Judith's SS :)

Patty

crazyforpooh
07-08-2003, 04:32 PM
I wish for chalk alpha templates and some brads.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Spinning
07-10-2003, 07:01 PM
I wish I had said I would like some very interesting textured papers! The kind that is neat to touch and feel, like hand made paper. I am too cheap to buy it myself! LOL
And since I just got a Quickutz....I would love some fish dies or other interesting dies. I have the stars, hearts, square and flowers.......They are a little pricy though, around $9 each.

beansmom
07-13-2003, 11:03 PM
anybody else?

It's time to shop for next month!

Spinning
07-14-2003, 07:19 AM
WHAAAAHHHH I haven't gotten my goodies for this month...oh well I am sure they were busy or didn't have time to run to the post office....today is another mail day!
But I have my next package almost ready to send....

Disneynut11676
07-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Wish I could read your mind -- then I would know the perfect things to buy for you! I am trying to start buying for your August package, but I keep saying to myself "self, what if she doesn't like this?". So if there are any last minute requests out there (I know I can't direct this to any one person in particular, but...) -- maybe everyone could post a "Top 3" list of things that they would really like & hopefully my SS will respond! Talk to you all soon.

Michelle

nicurn
07-14-2003, 08:45 PM
hmmmmnnn. A white galaxy pen sounds pretty cool to me. brightly coloured wire for wire writing.... :D I'm sure if I were to go to the scrapbook stores I could come up with all kinds of stuff, but I'm enjoying my surprises so far! Thanks secret sis! :D maggie

JudithM
07-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Disneynut11676
Wish I could read your mind -- then I would know the perfect things to buy for you! I am trying to start buying for your August package, but I keep saying to myself "self, what if she doesn't like this?". So if there are any last minute requests out there (I know I can't direct this to any one person in particular, but...) -- maybe everyone could post a "Top 3" list of things that they would really like & hopefully my SS will respond! Talk to you all soon.

Michelle

I figure if there is something I buy & send that my person does not care for, then they can send it back to me in October :)!

When I bought my July package, I also bought "stuff" for the August package. Now I'm getting antsy to send it (the August stuff) & tomorrow is only JULY 15 :)! however, keep those ideas coming!

Hhhhmmmm ... top three wishes ...

1. pink Mosaic book (Wish in the Wind, I think);
2. white star eyelets - as in American flag stars;
3. I don't know :)! Surprise Me!!

poohbear1029
07-14-2003, 09:47 PM
Here is my latest list of wants.

1. Quote books - like the ScrapBookers Best Friend series
2. Embossing templates (already have little bigs and a small flower)
3. photo paper for my HP printer

crazyforpooh
07-15-2003, 05:48 AM
A pocket dictionary (my dd is always checking my spelling)
Chalk Templates from the chalk lady
decorative brads

Well talk with you all more later.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Spinning
07-15-2003, 07:53 AM
HMMMM my top 3 Not sure what I even asked for! LOL!
I think I would love a box filled with neat paper! You know textured papers hand made papers mullberry paper...
Yikes I can't even believe I am going to type this....
But and eyelet punch/matte I have a hammer and some of the eyelets you can put string through! I have stayed far away from these! But figure if they came as a gift I couldn't complain:p

Pammy jo
07-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Can't even remember what I originally asked for on my wish list, but here are a few I've thought of lately.
1. Love all the making memory metal plaques, sayings etc. (already have the father and brother sayings)
2. Making Memories is coming out with some new stuff which I'm sure I'd like.
3.I love those itty bitty quotes, but just can't bother to spend the money on them myself.
4. Halloween/Christmas stuff!
Thanks Sis!

RRBB
07-16-2003, 11:27 PM
There's a trade show going on right now where new products are being introduced. So I'm sure there will be some really cool stuff showing up in our LSS in the next few days/weeks. Hmmm, wonder what there'll be that we just can't live without.

pattyT
07-21-2003, 12:43 PM
ADHESIVE!

I am having a terrible time here!
I buy a bunch of tape runner for cm -
use it up quickly then I am stuck for a while -
I triedd the Hermafix Dot runner - LOVE IT but Cannot for the life of me get the refill in it!
I have a broken zyron510 and I am in scrappin trouble here!
Patty

nicurn
07-21-2003, 04:25 PM
oh patty, I had to laugh reading your post about getting the adhesive into the hermafix... it took me probably 20 minutes to get mine in, I had it in backwards, upside down, etc. :D maggie

pattyT
07-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Ya know-
I had my mother-in-law play with it too -
shes not as technically challenged as I am -
and we came to the conclusion that I must have lost a piece!
AUGH
Now I need to my a new hermafix dot runner -
but not having a LSS
I don't want to order one online and pay shippingONLY for that - and I haven't been good about my NO shopping - so I quess I'll have to wait and see if they have some when I go to the KISS event in a couple of weeks and suffer using those stupid squares (ya know the ones with the little blue pieces that end up EVERYWHERE!) LOL

oh the dilemas!

:)

paulinewdw
08-11-2003, 01:02 PM
I really really would like a pair of those mickey scissors!

Of course, any goodies are fun to get in the mail!