PDA

View Full Version : strawberry jam

nicurn
06-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Well, we picked strawberries yesterday (the one day it hasn't rained here in months). It was very entertaining. Of course, we picked way too many berries...... I've now made a strawberry shortcake (thanks to a disney recipe book I actually bought on ebay) and I just made jam today. :D It smells really good! I think with the remaining berries I will make chocolate strawberry shortcake. :D maggie

PS: of course, I also have a bunch of pictures from this adventure to scrapbook.....

Donald23
06-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Would you share your recipes?

I would love to have them.

Do you happen to have Strawberry Soup recipe?

piratesmate
06-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Donald23 - I PM'd you with the Strawberry Soup recipe.

As for strawberry shortcake - we just like the "shortcake" recipe on the Jiffy or Bisquick box. Nuke the shortcake (if not still warm from the oven), cut in half & layer with berries & add milk. Mmmmm :teeth: DH likes Whipped Cream on his, but I like it just like that.

I don't know how Nicurn makes her strawberry jam, but I always used the recipe on the Sure-Jell box. Mmmmm - nothing better!

I don't recommend this to other people, but I always cut the sugar WAY back. Sometimes I'd only use the Sure-Jell and add a package of Knox. (The sugar helps the stuff to gel, but I'm diabetic.) I never had trouble with it going bad, but I know the makers of Mason jars don't recommend messing with "official" recipes for safety reasons.

Deb