PDA

View Full Version : Today is my Anniversary! An important milestone.....

wovenwonder
06-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Today is my ONE YEAR Atkinsversary! I've never stuck to a healthy eating plan for this long. It is a true milestone for me!:D

I am down 36 pounds as of today. It gets frustrating -- especially when I'm trying to do SO GOOD and the scale is not cooperating.

The first 6 months I did very well. I started at 247 and dropped to 215. I actually lost 32 pounds by the middle of December. Then I strayed in January and February and actually gained some weight. I started the WISH challenge the end of January at 222. In March I became totally committed again but it went so slow! [I guess that is what I get for straying]. I earned my 10 pound clippie about 5 weeks ago [212] and as of today I am down another pound [211].......

And have LOTS MORE to go! My goal is under 140. That is probably even a little high for my height of 5'2'' -- I'll have to wait to see.

A great BIG ThankYOU to all of my WISH Friends for your support during this past year. I truly cherish it.
:D

TigH
06-17-2003, 12:56 PM
HAPPY ATKINSversary to you!!!!! WOW!!! You are sure determined! Glad to know that you enjoy your new healthy eating lifestyle!! :) You have come very far, and I never see you post anything other than VERY positive stuff, so good for you for not getting discouraged!!!!! :) I know you will reach your goal! :)

Luvinit
06-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Jody....You are such a great inspiration!!! A whole year WOW. I know I can do that...but I still take it One Day at A Time.

HAPPY ATKINSVERSARY!!!!

Tracy

imgoingtodisney
06-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Happy ATKINSversary
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

tiggerlover
06-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Happy Anniversary, Jody. Congratulations to you for sticking with it!!

nativetxn
06-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Honey, you are such an important part of WISH, I hope you realize that. You always have the perfect link to offer information, you wrote that great thread about adding the member clipart to our signatures and you are always supportive and caring. I don't know what I would do without you in my support group.

Happy anniversary. Keep on keeping on...one day at a time...one pound at a time. You are making progress toward goal and you help keep us all motivated while you travel that road.

{{{HUGS}}} my sweet WISH friend. Thank you for being <i>you</i>!

Katholyn

anniet
06-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Congratulations Jody!!!!! Good for you for sticking with it! You are an inspiration!!!

PRINCESS VIJA
06-17-2003, 10:49 PM
WOW, a whole year!!!! I remember when you were telling me about induction, now look at what success you have had. I am so very proud of you for sticking it out, during the hard and frustrating times. I see much success in your future. You are truly an inspiration to all of us, and a dear friend too! :D

Happy Anniversary! May all of your dreams come true in the coming year.http://www.diettalk.com/forums/images/smilies/party.gif

geetey
06-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Jody!! This is just amazing!!! A true success story!!!! I am so happy for you! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary. I am sure there will be many more years to celebrate as well. :) Someday I hope to be able to celebrate an anniversary as well - thanks for inspiring me!!

inky dinky doo
06-18-2003, 02:26 AM
Congratulations, Jody! I have to tell you that you're thought of often around my house. Everytime I make your broccoli salad, someone wants to know where I got the recipe and I tell them. It's wovenwonder's! Thanks for all you do for all of us and kudos on your one-year anniversary.

Pat

P.S. I just noticed you're from Penna. Dutch country. Would that be Lancaster County, by any chance? That's where I'm from. I've lived in Ohio for over 20 years, now, but my family all lives in Pa.

Kabuli1
06-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Jody,

I missed you Atkinsversary! (I was too hungry to write anything) But here's huge belated Congratulations!

You've really stuck it out and just think when you've hung in there like this it really is a way of life now and you have very little chance of ever going back to the way you were before. You know the longer it takes and the harder it is, the less likely it is that you will ever have to do it again! You know that.

I am so proud of you. AND I love your salad!

Cheers to you and your perseverance!

Karyn

Minniespal
06-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Good for you Jody - You are an inspiration to us all.

RaySharpton
06-18-2003, 11:48 AM
Congratulations...and you can do it.

God bless you, best wishes, and encouragement, RaySharpton:)

mowsie dreamer
06-18-2003, 12:46 PM
How wonderful that you have been on Atkins for a year! That really says something about your committment to a healthier lifestyle, no matter how quickly (or slowly) those pounds come off. You're such an inspiration to me (and at a time when I really need it, too!) :D

KayleeUK
06-18-2003, 02:07 PM
Happy Akinsversary to you :D You are doing so well Jody!