PDA

View Full Version : Emergency procedure to follow when the DIS is not accessible

nativetxn
06-17-2003, 09:09 AM
Do not panic! If you can't get to WISH then go to chat. The chat room still works even when the DIS server is not working.

So go to chat now and add it to your favorites. Chat is <b>HERE</b> (http://198.65.141.55/chat/world/html/index.html)

If you add chat to your favorites you can find your WISH pals even if you can't get to the boards.

It sure helped me, yesterday :) The boards being down is enough to trigger a binge, right Wovenwonder? Don't let that happen.

Remember, we need to always have a plan ;) ;)

Luvinit
06-17-2003, 09:44 AM
Thanks Kath...without you and Jody yesterday..I surely would have lost my mind!!! You are right WE always need a plan!!

Tracy

wovenwonder
06-17-2003, 10:13 AM
I didn't binge -- honest.;) I did have a diet iced tea and an oz of walnuts while I was waiting for the DIS to come back though.

Thanks to Kath and Tracy --- we were able to get our WISH fix!
:D

welovedis
06-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Thanks for posting the link. Even though I didn't plan on spending much time on the boards yesterday it was really wierd not have them available!

Plus I got a new computer over the weekend and was wondering if it was just me-lol!

Bichon Barb
06-17-2003, 11:54 AM
Okay okay, the boards are back. I can breathe now...deep breaths, deep breaths...

Whew ;)

nativetxn
06-17-2003, 03:26 PM
But did you add chat to your list of favorites? I found out yesterday how many people are dependent on the chat ads and the links therein.

If you can't access the DIS you can't find one of those chat ads. If you add chat to your favorites you will still be able to get there.

Sort of an emergency WISH "fix" ;)